PDA

View Full Version : Baseball!

veeten
2nd April 2007, 18:11
If you're wondering just where all the yanks are, it's Opening Day for baseball. :)

Go Nats! :D

FrankenSchwinn
2nd April 2007, 19:06
If you're wondering just where all the yanks are, it's Opening Day for baseball. :)

Go Nats! :D

screw the nats! and opening day was y'day.... it's when the O's play, you DC rat!

GruppoB
2nd April 2007, 20:00
Los Angeles Dodgers, the one and only team from Los Angeles you angels fans can try get the table scraps by claiming LA dream on.

FrankenSchwinn
2nd April 2007, 21:26
Los Angeles Dodgers, the one and only team from Los Angeles you angels fans can try get the table scraps by claiming LA dream on.

never been to LA, is it a similar feud as the NYY/Mets?

veeten
2nd April 2007, 22:17
screw the nats! and opening day was y'day.... it's when the O's play, you DC rat!

hmmmmm... someone's still smarting from last season's "Battle of the Beltway", aren't we? :p :

If you think Dodgers/Angels feud is something, the No-Cal deal between the Giants & A's are really something.

Reasons as to why San Diego stays quiet... ;)

Storm
3rd April 2007, 13:55
by the Os do you mean Baltimore Orioles ? I liked them way back when I was in college and I used to follow ANY sport (yes even American even golf :eek: ) on TV. Cal Ripken Jr ?

I followed the Pacers in NBA and Reggie Miller was my favourite only to get beat by the boriiiing Bulls. I hate basketball now :p :

we get NFL, NBA and MLB all live here on tv !

pvtjoker
3rd April 2007, 14:30
Lifes good so far. Tribe win 12-5! Now if they can figure out how to win 95 or 96 more games we'll be in good shape come October. ;)

555-04Q2
3rd April 2007, 16:06
Aaahhhh Baseball...another American sport where oversized men stand around doing nothing for longer than they run around :cheese: :D :p :

FrankenSchwinn
3rd April 2007, 21:36
yeah, i meant the Orioles. they are not good anymore, not like they were really good or anything. owner Peter Angelos (more on that ******* later) is really looking like he doesnt care about the team nor its standing and every year there are rumors that he wants to sell the team. so, he invests nothing (except to sue DC for getting a team) and then he wonders why people do not want to come to games. really, it's become something that people are ashamed of. so they follow that other team, the stupid ravens.

about angelos, so his firm won a billion dollar law suit against the tobacco companies back in the day (01?). i'm on my way to university on the baltimore beltway in my 1974 VW Beetle i passed a ricer mobile (that's right, carburetor power baby!) on and i looked in my rear view mirror to see how far that fart can was and i see a big ass 7series beemer coming too close to fast so i move to the middle lane. as the douche passes me i see peter angelos' ugly face with the driver side bullet proof window slightly open and his fingers were holding a lit cigarette. this was no more than 2 days after he made a billion bucks off of them.....

oh and my friend works for the giants, so i know a bit about the A's/Giants thing!!

FrankenSchwinn
3rd April 2007, 21:37
Aaahhhh Baseball...another American sport where oversized men stand around doing nothing for longer than they run around :cheese: :D :p :

the only sport that goes on in a baseball stadium is the drinking i do! (i'm not an alcoholic, i'm a professional!)

jarrambide
3rd April 2007, 22:05
the only sport that goes on in a baseball stadium is the drinking i do! (i'm not an alcoholic, i'm a professional!)

Baseball is great if you know the way to really enjoy it, alcohol and a friend you want to talk to during 3 hours.
Football (soccer), I donīt talk with friends, if I talk I get distracted, I miss the action. Alcohol?, not a good idea to mix a lot of alcohol with Football (soccer).

But Baseball, you can talk, and talk, and talk, and drink, and drink, and drink, and eat and eat and eat, without missing any of the action.

FrankenSchwinn
4th April 2007, 07:05
Baseball is great if you know the way to really enjoy it, alcohol and a friend you want to talk to during 3 hours.

well, from experience it has often ended up for me being alcohol and a woman to make out with for 3hrs! (yeah, the orioles are -that- bad! 0/2)

Football (soccer), I donīt talk with friends, if I talk I get distracted, I miss the action. Alcohol?, not a good idea to mix a lot of alcohol with Football (soccer).

i've never been to a football game but i've been to hokey and rugby games and i have to agree with you, alcohol makes me too violent there and i usually don't want to miss any action so booze dont mix.