PDA

View Full Version : When it comes to car shows, where you put your attention on? Cars? or Models?

autoxgymkhana
20th November 2012, 08:12
I found something which is very interesting. There is often happening throughout the world whereby during the launch a new model of car then eventually there will be models appearing in the event. I wonder why they never invite celebrities from motor sport of something to do the launching. The outcomes from the photographers showing the pictures of the models rather than the cars, you might try to see on the article of car show online or somewhere else.

So as for you where would you put your attention on upon attending car show? the car or the model? =p

gadjo_dilo
20th November 2012, 09:27
on the model of the car.

Gregor-y
20th November 2012, 18:12
In the US most shows focus on the presentation over fashion. The only exception being FIAT which uses models that don't speak.

Jag_Warrior
20th November 2012, 19:44
It kind of depends on the type of car show that you're talking about: new model year launch shows or the ones that feature modifieds, race cars, one-off private creations and/or antiques. In the new model year launch shows that I've attended, most of my focus has always been on the concept vehicles and new model exotics or sports cars... not the girls. In my younger days, sure, I did pay at least some attention to the models (if they were particularly striking). But these days, I often find them to be something of a needless distraction.

But at NOPI or even vintage shows, or something along those lines, I have nothing against the use of models to spice things up a bit. Although I have to admit, some of the displays and costumes at lowrider and street tuner shows are a bit trashy, IMO - and I'm far from a prudish guy. It's just that I think there's a time & a place for everything. And having a girl, who looks like and is dressed like a $5 streetwalker, standing beside a gaudy, over-prepped, low budget car is not to my liking. With that said, back in the mid-late 90's I made a mild attempt to get a model who went by the moniker Jag Babe (Cameron Taylor) to pose with my XJS. She also had one and she was a big fan of the marque. She posed with hers quite often and she'd done some ad work for a shop that had done some work on mine. Distance and the fact that my girlfriend at the time wasn't fond of the fact that Cameron had done a fair amount of nude work sort of killed the deal. But I wish that I'd had made more of an effort now. Too late, as she's now retired from modeling. :(