PDA

View Full Version : Getting some Hype behind the great sport that is Rally further afield.

Spud303
16th November 2012, 04:14
I left my home country Ireland 4 years ago for Calgary, Canada, due to the recession. Finally getting back on track, life is great, However I miss rally so much and not the driving alone, but the whole event. The hype it brought to my small town when our local rally was held was electric, the weekends driving to another city or town to watch that event with equally enthusiastic friends were the greatest, standing in the pouring rain shivering for an hour and it all being made okay by the sound of the first competitive car. Whats not to miss? This would make it sound like Rally just doesn't exist here in the rocky mountains of Canada, but it does. I went to a forestry event last weekend, and I've been to a few here, sadly a 15 car entry and about the same amount of people standing on possibly the best set of corners I've ever stood on at an event almost brought a tear to my eye. Its the closest thing to finland I've seen. The sad thing about it was, 6 of the people that were at the corner were people I had begged to come and experience rally(They all had a Blast). Unfortunatly the motorsport clubs are small groups completely driver ran, and the amount of attention given to exposing their sport to the viewing public is next to nothing, which is really sad. The day will come when I have a car again and I'll be one of them but for now I want to see if I can help the sport over here. Any suggestions out there?