PDA

View Full Version : HRT to Be sold

Stuartf12007
12th November 2012, 18:53
heres the link BBC Sport - HRT owners Thesan expect to sell team 'in coming weeks' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20302796)

Rollo
12th November 2012, 19:10
I don't know who the owners will be but I sincerely hope that it's either Kia Motors or someone like Chery Automobile.

Kia eventually learnt how to build a motor car and so being in F1 would help their image but Chery need to learn some serious lessons and the crucible of F1 would be a real boon for them. I think that the Chinese Government would also want their products to be shown on the world stage, so if they attempted it, I'm pretty well certain that they'd be trying really really hard at it.

Stuartf12007
12th November 2012, 20:19
I don't know who the owners will be but I sincerely hope that it's either Kia Motors or someone like Chery Automobile.

Kia eventually learnt how to build a motor car and so being in F1 would help their image but Chery need to learn some serious lessons and the crucible of F1 would be a real boon for them. I think that the Chinese Government would also want their products to be shown on the world stage, so if they attempted it, I'm pretty well certain that they'd be trying really really hard at it.

It will probably be another faceless private equity firm, looking to make a quick buck.

Nikki Katz
12th November 2012, 20:59
I hope that they don't just disappear. For sale and to be sold are to different things! Bernie hinted recently that they might be holding up the concorde agreement, presumably due to the stupidly expensive engines from 2014, so they may need new investment to stick around.

N. Jones
13th November 2012, 01:08
I just hope that all three teams succeed very soon because I would hope that would encourage other people/companies/corporations to enter F1.

Dave B
13th November 2012, 20:02
I'll nip to the cashpoint. I can draw out £350 in one transaction, that should cover it.

yodasarmpit
13th November 2012, 20:47
Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive........ Please.

Koz
13th November 2012, 21:35
Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive, Prodrive........ Please.

Ok... This is what what will happen.

Prodrive will buyout Cosworth and HRT - and in comes Prodrive Aston Martin Mahindra & Mahindra F1.

wedge
15th November 2012, 15:16

Better off making engines than running an F1 team.

Nikki Katz
15th November 2012, 19:40
I though this was a thread selling HRT pills on the cheap.
Heh, I have to admit that HRT's probably the worst name an F1 team's ever had. What was wrong with Hispania???

If there's a buyer then it'll probably just be some finance group or a wealthy individual. But that's better than the team folding.

i_max2k2
15th November 2012, 20:20
Great news, hopefully some able financier will take the team forward and start mixing them up with Caterham & Maurissa.

Malbec
15th November 2012, 23:27
Heh, I have to admit that HRT's probably the worst name an F1 team's ever had. What was wrong with Hispania???

If there's a buyer then it'll probably just be some finance group or a wealthy individual. But that's better than the team folding.

Actually calling them HRT was the single best idea they had. That way, any company with the initial H could take them over without having to re-register their name and risk losing their entitlement according to the Concorde agreement.

The team will fold. They have no assets worth the name, just liabilities. Their car is not competitive and if they've been as short of cash as they obviously have the 2013 car would not have been designed. Anyone with money and sense is better off buying into any other team on the grid.

wedge
16th November 2012, 12:05

As someone referred earlier a private equity firm - Spanish BTW! thought it would be a good idea to make a buck off HRT.

They are likely to fold. The new base they moved into they're actually renting.

SGWilko
16th November 2012, 14:00
Great news, hopefully some able financier will take the team forward and start mixing them up with Caterham & Maurissa.

Q. How do you end your F1 involvement with £1bn?

A. Start your involvement with £2bn!

driveace
18th November 2012, 09:40
Will Carlos Sim invest ?

donKey jote
18th November 2012, 10:03
well if he's willing to rescue a Spanish 3rd division football club, he might think about a 3rd division Formula 1 team too ! :p

steveaki13
18th November 2012, 23:44
I hope HRT are sold and can carry on. They are not doing as bad as years past. Like all the struggling teams over the years, its not the people that are the problem its money. So I hope a bit of money can come in and give the HRT guys a chance to improve the team for next season.

jarrambide
19th November 2012, 19:01
well if he's willing to rescue a Spanish 3rd division football club, he might think about a 3rd division Formula 1 team too ! :p

And 3 Mexican 1st division teams, and support dozens of Mexican drivers since they were little kiddos in hopes of sending at least one to F1 (it seems he will have 2 next year), and supporting god knows how many sporting events in Latin America.

When you have that much money, you can pretty much do whatever you want, at least I know I would spend lots of it if I had it, why leave a lot to your children when you can spend it yourself. :)

Nikki Katz
22nd November 2012, 18:48
Apparently they need to pay the entry fee for next year by the end of the month, so it looks like unless they score a point on Sunday (or have a load of money suddenly fall in their laps in the next few days) then they'll be gone by December. Anyone sorta hoping for a Grosjean/Maldonado trashing of the midfield on the first lap?

A FONDO
22nd November 2012, 22:31
I wouldnt miss them. The last three teams are ABSOLUTELY useless.

jarrambide
23rd November 2012, 00:53
I wouldnt miss them. The last three teams are ABSOLUTELY useless.

Lewis, I'm sure, disagreed with you last Sunday ;)

A FONDO
23rd November 2012, 11:52
I am sure he disagrees with your notion, he was faster anyway and he opitimised the KERS for that particular lap.

steveaki13
23rd November 2012, 16:38
Watching FP2 and Narain Karthikeyan is setting a time only 3.1 seconds off Alonso at the moment. Go back 15-20 years and that would be in the top 15 of 26, and sometimes in the top 10.

SGWilko
23rd November 2012, 16:45
Watching FP2 and Narain Karthikeyan is setting a time only 3.1 seconds off Alonso at the moment. Go back 15-20 years and that would be in the top 15 of 26, and sometimes in the top 10.

Back then aero was a couple of barn doors strapped to the car (and Newey had enough for a comb over). It was tyres and the blowy uppy thing in the back that counted.

The back end teams ran (ahem) Pirellis, which were great for 5 laps then went off worse than a bushtucker grubworm, and the Lambo (favoured by the unclean) blew up more frequently than Naomi Campbell......

steveaki13
23rd November 2012, 16:45
Now De La Rosa only +2.7

Just done some research just for fun.

Interlagos 20 years ago. That time difference was the same as Pole to 4th on the grid and now it covers 24 cars pretty much.

Brazil 1992:
1. Mansell 1:15:70
2. Patrese +1.19
3. Senna +2.20
4. Berger +2.71

Crazy times

steveaki13
23rd November 2012, 16:47
I know its just fun to realise how much more competetive F1 is now.

I think we forget how spread out fields were back then.

Anyway I hope someone can rescue HRT, but its looking like a "Bleak Midwinter" for that team

SGWilko
23rd November 2012, 16:49
I know its just fun to realise how much more competetive F1 is now.

I think we forget how spread out fields were back then.

Anyway I hope someone can rescue HRT, but its looking like a "Bleak Midwinter" for that team

Max should be FORCED to buy and run the team, his punishment for hoodwinking them in the first place!

steveaki13
23rd November 2012, 16:58
I think HRT already have a buyer and have been working on the 2013 car for months and months and will pull off a Brawn GP next season. :s mokin:

SGWilko
23rd November 2012, 16:59
I think HRT already have a buyer and have been working on the 2013 car for months and months and will pull off a Brawn GP next season. :s mokin:

:rotflmao: