steveaki13
28th October 2012, 11:13
Tough one today I think

Koz
28th October 2012, 11:16
THe commentators for constantly bumbling their words :D

N4D13
28th October 2012, 11:18
TV directors for not showing most of the Alonso-Webber fight, Kimi (or his engineers) for not choosing a proper 7th gear, Massa for being down to his usual self... but, anyway, these are just the worst I can think of. It's obvious that there is no clear donkey this time.

steveaki13
28th October 2012, 11:27
No clear Donkey this time really.

Schumacher - Unlucky to get a puncture. But if he was holding up leaders then that was silly.

Other than that not many donkeys.

The Black Knight
28th October 2012, 11:32
The stand out is Raikkonen for spending the whole race behind Massa and not being able to get past a driver that really didn't show up today.

Not sure what happened with Schumacher and the blue flags, but if he did then he deserves a mention as well. Kobayashi and Maldonado as well.

AndyL
28th October 2012, 11:39
The stand out is Raikkonen for spending the whole race behind Massa and not being able to get past a driver that really didn't show up today.

Raikkonen did overtake Massa after Massa came out of the pits, but of course Massa then used the Ferrari's spectacular top speed to cruise back past.

The Black Knight
28th October 2012, 11:42
Raikkonen did overtake Massa after Massa came out of the pits, but of course Massa then used the Ferrari's spectacular top speed to cruise back past.

I saw that. I was watching the race. He still finished behind him. Poor.

Dave B
28th October 2012, 11:57
Schumacher *if* it turns out he ignored blue flags with all his experience; other than that nobody really did anything particularly stupid today. A couple of racing incidents, but nothing which qualifies as a Donkey for me.

Tazio
28th October 2012, 12:03
Pizza delivery boys at Ferrari for allowing Alonso to bring so much resentment, bad Karma, greed, pretentiousness, inflated ego and AIDS to Ferrari. :love:

Knock-on
28th October 2012, 12:11
Not many Donkeys. Koby and Pastor were both a little clumsy and Schumy was like a fart in a trance again.

heliocastroneves#3
28th October 2012, 14:39
The donkey? Herman Tilke for designing once again a crappy circuit.

N4D13
28th October 2012, 14:46
The donkey? Herman Tilke for designing once again a crappy circuit.
Well, what was wrong with the circuit this time? It was quite OK for me.

Malbec
28th October 2012, 15:02
Perez for looking after his tyres well, keeping his nose clean in close racing with a car he was 2 seconds a lap quicker than and coming home with a handful of points... hold on!

My sofa comes a close second for giving me a crick in the neck after I fell asleep halfway through.

Whoever decided to investigate Maldonaldo vs Kobayashi. Although it was one of the most exciting points in an otherwise dull race it was hardly worth trying to blame either.

heliocastroneves#3
28th October 2012, 15:07
Well, what was wrong with the circuit this time? It was quite OK for me.
Every track he designs is pretty much the same..

ShiftingGears
28th October 2012, 16:10
Every track he designs is pretty much the same..

I am suspecting that the first sector of the Circuit of the Americas will have a similar amount of off-track excursions completely inconsequential to lap time as we witnessed this weekend.

wedge
28th October 2012, 16:38
Can't believe I'm typing this but Schumi - anonymous at the rear of the pack and jacked it in. Might as well retire from F1 now.

Perez - seems like signing for McLaren boosted his ego and made him think that he should be by rights the next Lewis Hamilton.

PDR - somebody correct (strategy error?) another anonymous race and spanked again by Hulk.

No straightline speed. At the end of the race he recorded the lowest speed of everyone in the speed trap, whilst Massa was at most 10kph quicker.

Whoever decided to investigate Maldonaldo vs Kobayashi. Although it was one of the most exciting points in an otherwise dull race it was hardly worth trying to blame either.

Agreed - its a racing incident though for a moment and from certain angles it looked as if it was Kobay wholly to blame when really it was frantic pack racing.

gloomyDAY
28th October 2012, 21:52
Michael Schumacher. :mad:

kfzmeister
29th October 2012, 03:42
Michael Schumacher. :mad:

Cleared of ignoring blue flags. This thread is dead.

Robinho
29th October 2012, 04:09
difficult one, everyone behaved pretty well and performed admirabley. If we're going to be picky maybe Maldanado/Kobyashi could have done more to avoid each other

longisland
29th October 2012, 06:54
Pirelli for the wrong tire choice. The race would have been more interesting if they've selected super soft & soft. The race was just a procession after lap 25 when teams discovered only one stop is needed. Then again, this is exactly the type of race many fans were hoping for because people been complaining about the influence of tires on a race.
This race is more like the good old bridgestone tire race which teams do not need to worry about tire degradation.

CaptainRaiden
29th October 2012, 10:10
I saw that. I was watching the race. He still finished behind him. Poor.

Well, the Lotus isn't as good a car as the Ferrari (especially with recent updates), so keeping up in corners itself was a hard task. Second, his car's lack of top speed, even in DRS, was quite astonishing. What was it, 10 KPH slower? Ferrari clocked one of the highest top speeds in both DRS zones.

The Black Knight
29th October 2012, 14:16
Well, the Lotus isn't as good a car as the Ferrari (especially with recent updates), so keeping up in corners itself was a hard task. Second, his car's lack of top speed, even in DRS, was quite astonishing. What was it, 10 KPH slower? Ferrari clocked one of the highest top speeds in both DRS zones.

Raikkonen said the car was good enough for the podium, which means he felt it was good enough to beat the Macca's and one RBR. That seems like it's a pretty quick car to me. I know he was slower on the straight but he had his chance after the pit stop and he went over the DRS line first before Massa. He could have braked harder so Massa would and then slip ahead with DRS. He was in the perfect place to gain position then but he blew it.

wedge
29th October 2012, 14:29
Raikkonen said the car was good enough for the podium, which means he felt it was good enough to beat the Macca's and one RBR. That seems like it's a pretty quick car to me. I know he was slower on the straight but he had his chance after the pit stop and he went over the DRS line first before Massa. He could have braked harder so Massa would and then slip ahead with DRS. He was in the perfect place to gain position then but he blew it.

Set up error in quali which carried over into the race due to parc ferme rules.

Regardless Kimi would still have been a sitting duck on the back straight considering that some of the moves there looked a bit too easy at times with DRS.

wedge
29th October 2012, 14:37
Pirelli for the wrong tire choice. The race would have been more interesting if they've selected super soft & soft. The race was just a procession after lap 25 when teams discovered only one stop is needed. Then again, this is exactly the type of race many fans were hoping for because people been complaining about the influence of tires on a race.
This race is more like the good old bridgestone tire race which teams do not need to worry about tire degradation.

I'd rather watch a procession with cars driven on the limit than drivers doing delta laps and needless overtakes.

It's because RBR have now perfercted DDRS and rear aero rather than the tyres.

CaptainRaiden
29th October 2012, 17:35

I think that's more Kimi's belief than the actual strength of the car. You only have to see where their respective teammates finished to know that the Ferrari is a better car at the moment. Kimi has shown impressive speed and consistency in the first year of his comeback, sitting 3rd in the championship, much unlike this other bloke who is retiring for the second time now. So, if he struggled against Massa's Ferrari, especially in the DRS zone, then I'm much more inclined to blame the Lotus and its ridiculous top speed deficit.

DexDexter
29th October 2012, 22:15

He was so much slower than Massa on the straight that there was simply no chance for him to stay ahead/overtake no matter what he did. Nobody would have overtaken Massa's Ferrari with yesterday's Lotus. Many drivers would have crashed both cars, though.

Mia 01
30th October 2012, 09:03
Frankly, what you saying is that kimi sucks. OK then whatabout your hero with the best car on the grid for most of the year.

N. Jones
30th October 2012, 14:55
Donkey? Hmm.... I can't really think of any who had a poor race...

The Black Knight
1st November 2012, 08:52
Another donkey I'd like to nominate is the race director for Sky's interactive. When onboard with Hamilton sometimes throughout the race, instead of having the overview shot of the cockpit they had a stupid camera angle at the side of the car which doens't shot you any action of what is really going on. It's one of the worst possible camera positions on a car. They even had it during qualifying as well and a few times throughout the last GP's. I hope they stop it and keep to the interesting camera angles.