steveaki13
7th October 2012, 08:29
Its that time again

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 08:34
Koba :)

N4D13
7th October 2012, 08:34
It's going to be between Massa and Kobi, is it not? Well, I'm going to nominate Kamui, and I guess that most forum members will do the same. :p

Malbec
7th October 2012, 08:42
Difficult to choose between Massa and Kobayashi today, Massa's pace was unbelievable for most of the race and the only one to get close to the RBR today. Kobayashi though just gets my vote for managing his tyres beautifully and using KERS at just the right moments to keep Jenson behind him. Good thinking.

steveaki13
7th October 2012, 08:44
Driver of the day is a tie for me:

Kamui Kobayashi & Felipe Massa - Both drove absolutely brilliantly and both needed that podium so much. Well done.

Other Mentions:

Sebastian Vettel - He did have the fastest car by some distance, but drove well and won the race.

Button - Did OK from 8th to 4th, but didn't have great pace today.

Hulkenberg - Nico did a good job today 6 points more for Force INdia.

Webber - A good race from facing the wrong way in turn 1 to 2 points.

AndyL
7th October 2012, 08:47
It's going to be between Massa and Kobi, is it not? Well, I'm going to nominate Kamui, and I guess that most forum members will do the same. :p

Yes :)

But some honourable mentions - Schumacher had a good race and fought hard from the back of the grid. And Kovalainen and Glock showed themselves the class of the backmarker teams again, both having some decent pace at times in the race and finishing 45+ seconds ahead of their team-mates.

The Black Knight
7th October 2012, 08:47
Has got to be Felipe for once. I'll also give a joint first to Schumacer.

Kamui should have finished second so does not feature for me.

longisland
7th October 2012, 08:48
My pick are Massa, Koba, Vettel. A bit of conspiracy theory, Massa can be really quick only if the team allows him to. Koba's performance is massive not only this is his home race but a vindication to show he is just as good as his more high profile team mate. Vintage Vettel performance. It pains all the Fred & Hamilton supporters the finger boy may eventually steal the thunder & the fanboys are going to blame the team for not giving their hero a fast car or the team has plotted to sabotage their hero in the race w plan b or botched pit stops or wrong set ups as the driver claimed. Honorary mention to Jenson for the great final stint

Malbec
7th October 2012, 08:52
Koba's performance is massive not only this is his home race but a vindication to show he is just as good as his more high profile team mate.

I hope Sauber took on board that this is their only conventionally won podium of the season, qualifying well and starting on the same strategy as the others.

Tazio
7th October 2012, 08:57
Vettel and Massa, Koba honorable mention.

F1boat
7th October 2012, 08:58
Seb, he won with such ease! Honorable mentions for Felipe and Kamui.

A FONDO
7th October 2012, 09:02
What a great weekend for Kobayashi, what a great race for Hulkenberg!
Bieber and Webber were more than obligated to win the pole + race and climb from the bottom to the points respectively with an RBR car on this track. Massa as a second Ferrari driver finished where he had to with all the problems that other top drivers had had.

DexDexter
7th October 2012, 09:05
Koba and Massa. I aslo think Kimi drove pretty well with a damaged front wing.

geilux
7th October 2012, 10:33
No doubt: KOBA !

Knock-on
7th October 2012, 10:55
Koby for me. Only the 3rd podium for a Jap driver and well deserved. Fought off a detirmined Jenson and brought it home.

It was superb to hear the frighteningly polite home fans chanting his name. I've never seen them do that before.

N. Jones
7th October 2012, 20:05
MAssa & Kobayashi. They both saved their seats today.

Rollo
7th October 2012, 20:24
MAssa & Kobayashi. They both saved their seats today.

I hope not :D

I rather hope that the latter stole the former's seat.

Martin hinted during the latter stages of the race yesterday that Kamui might be on the move. With a performance like that and the fact that by the end of the season both him and Perez might eclipse Massa in the championship standings, the chaps at Maranello would do well to have a look if they haven't already done so. If Kamui's done that in a Sauber, what could he do in a Ferrari?

gloomyDAY
8th October 2012, 00:58
Massa! Played it smart and came home in second.

kfzmeister
8th October 2012, 01:15
If i'm not mistaken, Kobes started 3rd and Massa 10th? For that reason alone, my vote goes to Massa.
Oh what Alonso might have done.....wahahahaaaaaa.... :bigcry:

Robinho
8th October 2012, 05:53
i guess Koby, although my head says Massa is at least in with a shot for a very good, trouble free, consistent fast drive, something we've not seen from him for about 3 years

Mia 01
8th October 2012, 06:41
Felipe Massa! The speed is still there.

Kimi. Great skill to avoid chrashes with Alonso first and then Hamilton.

Garry Walker
8th October 2012, 16:09
Kobayashi, Massa and Ricciardo. But the real "driver" of the race was the Red Bull car. In that car, Narain would have won the race.

dj_bytedisaster
8th October 2012, 16:28
Darn dude, your life must be so sad... How often did you post that same sentence over and over again in the last two days? Your whining really gets tiresome.

wedge
9th October 2012, 15:22
Massa and Kobay

Garry Walker
9th October 2012, 19:13
Darn dude, your life must be so sad... How often did you post that same sentence over and over again in the last two days? Your whining really gets tiresome.

Maybe because you are a bieber fanboy and by default an intellectual midget so you don't see the obvious, but the smarter of us can easily see how superior the RB was this weekend. It didn't exactly take a great driver to win in that car.

dj_bytedisaster
9th October 2012, 19:40
Maybe because you are a bieber fanboy and by default an intellectual midget so you don't see the obvious, but the smarter of us can easily see how superior the RB was this weekend. It didn't exactly take a great driver to win in that car.

Let me try to explain that for you. First of all, the guy's name is Vettel. I know it is hard to pronounce correctly, but it's worth trying. Bieber is some sort of B-List celeb from the US of A. Second. How can you know if I'm a Vettel fan or not? Only because I don't sprout hateful dribble about him in every second post doesn't make me a fanboy. But if you must know. If I've ever been a fanboy, then it was Zanardi, who I rooted for. Hope you feel better now.

I didn't insinuate that the RB wasn't head and shoulders above the rest in this race, but you post the same thing over and over again and every time Vettel wins. That is disrespect and your usual modus operandi, especially when German drivers are involved. That is tiresome.

And by the way, just the mental maturity of your post proves pretty conclusively that you judged my mental capabilities based on your own.

henners88
9th October 2012, 19:49
Garry seeks reactions and enjoys getting them, I wouldn't bother.

Garry Walker
11th October 2012, 17:56
Let me try to explain that for you. First of all, the guy's name is Vettel. I know it is hard to pronounce correctly, but it's worth trying. Bieber is some sort of B-List celeb from the US of A. Second. How can you know if I'm a Vettel fan or not? Only because I don't sprout hateful dribble about him in every second post doesn't make me a fanboy.
Are you a Bieber fan or not then?

But if you must know. If I've ever been a fanboy, then it was Zanardi, who I rooted for. Hope you feel better now.

Thanks for that very vital piece of information. My day, possibly even my life, is complete now.

I didn't insinuate that the RB wasn't head and shoulders above the rest in this race, but you post the same thing over and over again and every time Vettel wins. That is disrespect and your usual modus operandi, especially when German drivers are involved. That is tiresome. LOL. Yeah, how dare I post my opinion.
Of course the german comment is so pathetic there is no need for me to adress that.

And by the way, just the mental maturity of your post proves pretty conclusively that you judged my mental capabilities based on your own. To be honest, I don't think your post was the epitome of maturity either. So I didn't see a need to adress it like I would adress an intelligent post.

The moment somebody calls the other a fanboy, they've run out of argument. Just ignore it and move on.

Whereas if someone calls the other person "sad", then the arguments must be just flowing, huh?

Rollo
11th October 2012, 20:31
The moment somebody calls the other a fanboy, they've run out of argument. Just ignore it and move on.

Reductio ad mirator puer :D

Yes!

This should be forever noted along with "Reductio ad Hitlerum" and "Hannibal ad portas" as one of those eternal laws of argument.

wmcot
12th October 2012, 04:47
What were we talking about? I got bored halfway through the posts.

Robinho
12th October 2012, 06:05
i usually give up at the 1st "Fanboy" or "Hater" thrown into a thread