PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Races

Coulthard Fan
3rd October 2012, 19:22
What are your top 3 races that stand out in memory?

Mine are...
Nurburgring 2008 pouring hard with rain loads of cars of at the same corner only one guy keeps his engine running Hamilton he rejoins the race and scores valuble points!

Brazil 2008
Will always be in my memory an absolute classic

Spa 1998
Schumacher smashes into David then has a massive go at him. Which i never undestood as like many who felt it was clear it was Michaels fault.
Then the 2 jordans end up 1-2!

steveaki13
3rd October 2012, 21:29
Nurburgring 2008 pouring hard with rain loads of cars of at the same corner only one guy keeps his engine running Hamilton he rejoins the race and scores valuble points!

I am going to sound unbearable, but just for historical interest. That was 2007 and it was a great race, also Lewis drove brilliantly but only finished 9th. 1 place outside the points.

There was a great fight too between Alonso and Massa.

As for my favs. I will have too give it some thought

steveaki13
3rd October 2012, 22:08
Right I have thought for an hour and have come up with some of my favourites. May not be regarded by the best by the masses, but for me my own favourite races.

The problem is just off the top of my head I have 21 races. As well as some I have probaly forgotten. :rolleyes:

Now these are those and now I will try and get it down to 3. :confused:

Monaco 92- Classic last 5 lap battle between Senna & Mansell.

Europe 93- What a crazy wet race and Senna was supreme and his first lap.

Belgium 95 - Schumi 15th on the grid and won the race.

Spain 96 - What a drive by Schumi and his first Ferrari win.

Monaco 96 - Just for shear craziness of F1. 4 finishers.

Jerez 97- Just for the epic Schumi v Villeneuve Race and that incident.

Britain 98 - Rain affected and was just a thrill.

Hungary 98- A amazing performance from Schumacher & Brawn 3 stops and a brilliant win.

Spa 98- As DC Fan said a crazy fun race, and a Jordan 1,2. Eddie Jordan dancing.

Brazil 2001- Montoya on Schumi, then Montoya brilliant drive, the drama of Jos hitting Juan Pablo.
Then Rain and DC passing Schumi either side of Minardi. Great Race.

Malaysia 2001- A race I loved Heavy Rain and the Ferrari's at the back. They changed strategy and came through to finish 1-2. But behind some epic racing including Jos in an Arrows running 2nd at times.

British 2003- A brilliant race. Passes all over the track, Barrichello possibly his best ever race.

Monaco 2004- Chaos early on. Button v Trulli with Schumi on a rampage.

Imola 2005- That battle for 20 laps between Alonso & Schumacher one of the best for years.

Monaco 2005- A great race. Ques forming behind the Renaults and close action, then loads of passing as people got brave.

Japan 2005- An absolute classic. Kimi & Fernando from the back of the grid and epic passes all race.

Fuji 2007- A wet race, where Lewis proved himself as one of the very best and a great late battle between Kubica & massa.

Monaco 2008- A wet Race and Lewis recovers from a puncture to win the race & plenty of action behind.

Britain 2008- An absolute masterclass by Lewis. Raced the wheels off his car and won by a minute in the rain. So much action throughout the field. (Plus I was at the race. It was fantastic)

Brazil 2008- Well the drama of that day will live with F1 fans for years. While some moaned that Lewis just finishing 5th didn't deserve to win the championship(before Medal suggestion, the real F1 saw it as just how brilliant and cut throat F1 is. How much can ride on each pass and how important it is to fight till the end.

Canada 2011- An epic race in many ways. Not least Jenson 21st to 1st. Great stuff.

steveaki13
3rd October 2012, 22:14
Right here goes.

This is based on personal feelings rather than regarded as the best.

My top 3 are

Britain 2003 - It was just a race that after a couple of Ferrari dominant years, we had a better championship battle and this was one of the best races I had ever seen, I was on edge all race. Happy memories.

Japan 2005- This was such a classic as I stated above. Plus Alonso around the outside of Schumi at 130R. Again I was up early and was jumping up and down.

Britain 2008 - This is because I was there, and have such great memories. I had been to Silverstone 2007 but it wasn't a great race. But this one I was so happy and loved every moment of action, despite the heavy rain.

F1boat
4th October 2012, 09:27
Monaco 1996 - the craziest race I have ever seen. No other comes close.