PDA

View Full Version : Lewis, MacLaren or both

Mia 01
29th September 2012, 10:34
I´m qurious if Lewis fans still would support MacLaren next year or only Lewis/Mercedes.

For me, I´m not a Lewis fan, it could be possible to once again support MacLaren to a degree (Kimi and Lotus are my first option).

I like Jenson and will support him to beat Lewis in the standins next year.

F1boat
29th September 2012, 11:09
Curiously, now I may like both parties more than before.

Mia 01
29th September 2012, 11:09
He he, yes Seb is also there.

It´s Kimi, Jenson and Seb for me.

Now back to the topic.

Will MacLaren have any fans left next year.

F1boat
29th September 2012, 11:13
Now back to the topic.

Of course, I think that they are bigger than Lewis. When Kimi left, many Macca fans started supporting Lewis. Now I think that many will support Sergio or Jenson.

driveace
29th September 2012, 15:01
Will still support both McLaren ,as they will continue to have the best cars,and will be interested to see how well Lewis can make a mediocre car improve !Don't rate Button too highly as he is a whinger !But Perez could be very interesting .And we will see how good Nico really is .Hope Lewis can keep competitive as Alonso,and Vettel ,need some one to kick their asses !

Tazio
29th September 2012, 15:24
Perhaps the entire sports crazed country of Mexico, population ~ 120 million?
Having a multi-national driver line up can't help but broaden their fan base IMO :bulb:

Formula Indy
29th September 2012, 15:29
I am going to focus on Button and McLaren. I won't root against Lewis but it will be interesting to see if he can make something out of this gutsy move.

Zico
29th September 2012, 16:36
I've never been a team or driver fanboy, just a general fan of exciting drivers/great drives. I rate Lewis as much as I rate Alonso and if Sergio does really well I'd follow his race closely also.

kfzmeister
29th September 2012, 17:55
I back "the complete package", wherever he drives! :p :

Knock-on
29th September 2012, 18:27
I am a supporter of McLaren and am really excited to see how Checo gets on next year but the WDC is the main championship for me and I will unashamedly cheer for the Brit drivers first and foremost.

airshifter
29th September 2012, 18:32
I'm a supporter of both the racecraft and abilities of Lewis, and McLaren as a team. They will both retain my support.

I personally think it's not a great move for Lewis, but if he is happy so be it. Only time will tell if the move is good or not.

With Perez at McLaren we can see what he is really made of. He has done great in the Sauber, and I expect him to do better with McLaren. Great break for Sergio IMO, and deserved.

steveaki13
29th September 2012, 22:00
I agree. It will be so exciting to see how Sergio does. Its not often we get a new younger driver make this step. So it will freshen the top of F1.

inimitablestoo
30th September 2012, 08:22
Of course. Plenty of people buy their pushchairs ;)

TheFamousEccles
30th September 2012, 08:54
Not a fan of Ali G.. er, Lewis Hamilton, so I don't care which team he drives for. Am excited for the Perez kiddie, though. An awesome opportunity.

zako85
30th September 2012, 09:28
No change of heart really, I am still a McLaren fan. It would have been a stronger team with Lewis though. But then again, maybe they needed a good jolt to shake the team up. On the other hand, it would also be interesting to see if Lewis can help to lift up the Mercedes team.. and how he will race against Rosberg.