PDA

View Full Version : Old Tommi Makinen quote

userwave
27th September 2012, 19:33
Have an odd request,

anyone remember when Subaru were on Pirelli's
there was a tarmac rally, I think Makinen was still with Mitsubishi, and he was commenting how he
predicted that the Subaru's would be setting faster times with the Pirelli's on the stage as it had started to rain.

He was commenting on the performance.

what rally/year ? ?? ?

thanks.

dimviii
27th September 2012, 19:51
wasnt a San Remo where Solberg won due to pirellis at rain?

Fiat-131-Abarth
27th September 2012, 20:55
Have an odd request,

anyone remember when Subaru were on Pirelli's
there was a tarmac rally, I think Makinen was still with Mitsubishi, and he was commenting how he
predicted that the Subaru's would be setting faster times with the Pirelli's on the stage as it had started to rain.

He was commenting on the performance.

what rally/year ? ?? ?

thanks.

I think it was Grönholm in Catalunya 2003, on Sunday

Rallyper
27th September 2012, 21:19
Wasn´t it this one (look down...)

Humber
27th September 2012, 21:22
wasnt a San Remo where Solberg won due to pirellis at rain?
P Solberg won Corsica 2003 ?, his Italian wrc win was Sardinia on gravel?

dimviii
27th September 2012, 21:43
P Solberg won Corsica 2003 ?, his Italian wrc win was Sardinia on gravel?

you are right,he won Corsica 2003.

skarderud
29th September 2012, 09:32
Petter won a wet corsica, after the famous of on shakedown. The team managed to rebuild his car before start. I think he also was some minute or two behind when it started to rain also :)

grugsticles
1st October 2012, 07:26
Petter won a wet corsica, after the famous of on shakedown. The team managed to rebuild his car before start. I think he also was some minute or two behind when it started to rain also :)
I remember cheering on Petter while anxiously staring at the split times on that Sunday. He made some massive gains in certain sections. Must have been seriously scary for Phil riding shotgun!

Rally-eMag
3rd October 2012, 11:42
Wasn´t it this one (look down...)

Lol, in Finland they actually made a song out of it with some local comedian. 2 or 3 years ago they were airing it all the time during the rally. It thought it was the other way around though, 'Car was good, but race was bad'. Friggin' hilarious :)

Rallyper
3rd October 2012, 13:57
Lol, in Finland they actually made a song out of it with some local comedian. 2 or 3 years ago they were airing it all the time during the rally. It thought it was the other way around though, 'Car was good, but race was bad'. Friggin' hilarious :)

Yeah, maybe so, but yes it was a crazy song :D by a finnish comics, don´t remember his name and have also looked after the song on Spotify without result...
Maybe Hartusvuori or any onther finnish fellow can help us...?

Rally-eMag
3rd October 2012, 14:08
Yeah, maybe so, but yes it was a crazy song :D by a finnish comics, don´t remember his name and have also looked after the song on Spotify without result...
Maybe Hartusvuori or any onther finnish fellow can help us...?

Search for Juha Laitila on Youtube :D (can't post the link, not enough posts yet) And you were right, it's called Race was bad but car was good.

EightGear
3rd October 2012, 14:24
Juha Laitila - Ralli, ralli, ralli - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_IbUfVMj2s)

I guess it must be this one. :D

Rallyper
3rd October 2012, 14:58
Juha Laitila - Ralli, ralli, ralli - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_IbUfVMj2s)

I guess it must be this one. :D

Aamof it is not. But it was a good one too.

OldF
3rd October 2012, 15:48
Try this one.

GRID crash vid - YouTube :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxjxtdyq9XM)

Rallyper
3rd October 2012, 16:26
Try this one.

GRID crash vid - YouTube :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxjxtdyq9XM)

Yeah, that´s the one!!! :D :D

Rally-eMag
3rd October 2012, 18:04
Having a blast here, listened to it like three times :D

Mise
7th October 2012, 15:30
That is Juha Laitila impersonating Tommi Mäkinen