PDA

View Full Version : Schonkey of the Race - Singapore

steveaki13
23rd September 2012, 15:55
Well its a pretty simple decision for me.

Schumacher was miles late with his braking and caused a nasty accident. It may be crucial to whether he now leaves Mercedes

nik
23rd September 2012, 16:06
The Stewards.

"We are investigating you for trying to overtake."

steveaki13
23rd September 2012, 16:07
No other real donkeys for me. So Schumi won it hands down.

F1boat
23rd September 2012, 16:16
Michael Schumacher, unfortunately.

rjbetty
23rd September 2012, 16:22
Michael.

Webber for being off the pace again.

Button wasn't on Lewis's pace at at all. His result reminds me of Montoya's 2nd at Monaco 2006.

Bruno Senna - I'm a big fan and want him to succeed, but it increasingly looks like he will soon experience a loss of drive.

Caterham sadly. For the first time my faith in them is wavering, but I will keep believing.

All the drivers who moaned about the race being too long. For everything I said on the other thread about modern drivers being better, previous drivers raced with gravel traps, none of that nutrition stuff, and toughest of all - manual gears! Imagine. :)

Tazio
23rd September 2012, 18:00
Although "Papa Mike" made a strong case for himself, I'm giving it to Senna for consistantly displaying a lack of ability to keep it off the wall. I havn't checked if NK had a mechanical issue before he clocked the wall, but if he didn't he also deserves a vote.

F1boat
23rd September 2012, 18:23
Papa Mike :D

Dave B
23rd September 2012, 18:25
The Stewards.

"We are investigating you for trying to overtake."

No action was taken, though. They were right to at least look at it, and correct to decide to take it no further.

donKey jote
23rd September 2012, 19:13
Grampa

kfzmeister
23rd September 2012, 21:55
Grampa

Opa Schumi! Konkret. :D

00steven
24th September 2012, 00:59
Michael

ShiftingGears
24th September 2012, 02:30
Well its a pretty simple decision for me.

Schumacher was miles late with his braking and caused a nasty accident. It may be crucial to whether he now leaves Mercedes

My thoughts exactly.

Big Ben
24th September 2012, 07:31
Schumi... but he was like 4 hours past bed time so... it's understandable

DexDexter
24th September 2012, 15:03
Schumi, special mention to Senna who should do a lot better in a car that is capable of qualifying on the front row.

RS
24th September 2012, 15:56
Schumi... but he was like 4 hours past bed time so... it's understandable

I heard he was unwrapping a Werther's Original and got distracted.

AndyL
24th September 2012, 18:24
Sniff Petrol Schumacher T-Shirt from ShotDeadInTheHead.com (http://sniffpetrol.shotdeadinthehead.com/product_view.aspx?pid=4522)

Tazio
24th September 2012, 19:34
Although "Papa Mike" made a strong case for himself, I'm giving it to Senna for consistantly displaying a lack of ability to keep it off the wall. I havn't checked if NK had a mechanical issue before he clocked the wall, but if he didn't he also deserves a vote. I have to clarify in regard to this post after new information has come to light.
I'm not picking on Narain because he does his best to get out of way of competitive drivers . However, in this situation I hold his incident almost as almost as egregious as Mike's (less only he didn't collide with another car) and I'm putting him in a strong second position and demoting Senna to third.

Narain Karthikeyan has said it was his fault he crashed out of the Singapore Grand Prix, after he made an error and strayed onto the dirty line.

"I went on the dirty part of the track and the car didn't turn which resulted in me going into the wall. Its further proof that there's no room for error at street circuits."

His bringing out the safety car changed the fundamental strategies of the race and most likely the finishing order as did Mike.

Coulthard Fan
24th September 2012, 20:29
Michael Schumacher or Schcrasher as he is begining to be know as!

The Black Knight
25th September 2012, 08:17
I'm going to reserve my judgement of Schumacher as Donkey of the Race as it still isn't confirmed, afaik, whether it was a brake failure or an actual mistake. Otherwise Narain is the standout contender.

schmenke
25th September 2012, 15:43
Yes, Michael did suggest afterwards that his mechanics were investigating a potential brake problem.

Anyhoo, a 10 place grid penalty sounds rather harsh :s

donKey jote
25th September 2012, 16:58
I'm going to reserve my judgement of Schumacher as Donkey of the Race as it still isn't confirmed, afaik, whether it was a brake failure or an actual mistake. Otherwise Narain is the standout contender.

It was a brake failure. Brakes can fail when they're cold. They can get cold behind the SC. Schumacher apparently forgot. -> An actual mistake.

kfzmeister
25th September 2012, 17:11
Anyhoo, a 10 place grid penalty sounds rather harsh :s Because he's misjudged it twice now. He did the same to Senna in Spain.

N. Jones
25th September 2012, 17:21
All I know is Mikey took out my driver, which would have put my entire fantasy grand prix team in the points for once.
Couldn't he have run into Ricciardo instead?? :D

MAX_THRUST
26th September 2012, 00:20
I have to agree the breaks were not warmed up enough behind the Safety Car. When he hit then hard they didn't work then they locked on, and bang...

kfzmeister
26th September 2012, 03:24
I have to agree the breaks were not warmed up enough behind the Safety Car. When he hit then hard they didn't work then they locked on, and bang...

They say the first thing that goes with age is reaction.

donKey jote
26th September 2012, 17:35
Oh he reacted quickly enough, it's just he forgot to warm his brakes...
They say forgetfulness increases with age :p

The Black Knight
27th September 2012, 11:30
Yes, Michael did suggest afterwards that his mechanics were investigating a potential brake problem.

Anyhoo, a 10 place grid penalty sounds rather harsh :s
Extremely harsh. It's another example of stewards and their continual meddling. It's really irritating. You can't scratch your balls nowadays without a stupid penalty.

Knock-on
27th September 2012, 12:02
Drivers that consistently ruin other drivers races with needless crashes need to be penalised. It's just stupid driving.

Pity he didn't turn the car off before the start and let everyone else get on with the race.

CNR
27th September 2012, 13:05
special mention to Senna who should do a lot better in a car that is capable of qualifying on the front row.

Williams confirms cause of Bruno Senna's burns | Williams | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorsport/story/90063.html)

Williams has clarified that the burns suffered by Bruno Senna (http://www.motorsportforums.com/williams/motorsport/driver/2788.html) during the Singapore Grand Prix were not from a KERS-related problem.Senna was forced to retire on the final lap of the race with his race engineer telling him: "Jump out with both feet from the cockpit. Under no circumstances touch the ground and the car at the same time." It transpired that Senna had lost KERS with 16 laps remaining and Mark Gillan later confirmed that Senna had suffered burns to his back (http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/motorsport/story/89983.html). However, despite the worrying message Williams has taken to Twitter to clarify that the burns were not a result of any KERS issue.

kfzmeister
27th September 2012, 13:31
Oh he reacted quickly enough, it's just he forgot to warm his brakes...

How do you forget to warm your brakes while behind a SC? Isn't that all they do? Warm brakes, keep heat in tires. Did he actually say this? My guess is that he was fiddling with something on the steering wheel or setting brake bias, then looked up and...........

donKey jote
27th September 2012, 19:46
Did he actually say this?
No, he actually said it must have been a problem with the brakes as they didn't seem to verzögern when he put his foot on the pedal :p
My guess is he forgot to warm them up "properly" :laugh:

kfzmeister
27th September 2012, 22:17
No, he actually said it must have been a problem with the brakes as they didn't seem to verzögern when he put his foot on the pedal :p
My guess is he forgot to warm them up "properly" :laugh:

Ich glaub der hat nur vergessen zu Bremsen!! Hat einfach gepennt! Lol

A FONDO
5th October 2012, 22:01
Senna. I watched everything from Friday to Sunday and he crashed at least once in every session.

geilux
7th October 2012, 11:11
100 % agree !!!

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 11:13
Really? :andrea: