PDA

View Full Version : Video Plus

52Paddy
1st April 2007, 11:41
I asked a question about this before in the old forum. I'll ask it again because the BTCC is coming up and the time schedule is crap!

I want to record the race with my VCR but am not going to stay up to late to catch it on ITV1 (I don't have any other ITV channels). I believe Video Plus allows you to set a timer to record something and does it all for you when you program it into the system but how do you do it? It would come in very handy in this instance.

Thanks.

Dave B
1st April 2007, 14:37
I wasn't aware the BTCC was on ITV1, but anyway...

You look in your listings paper for the VideoPlus number, type in on your remote control and press enter. That's it, really.

Of course if you're recording from an external source (Freeview box, Sky etc) you'll need to leave it on the correct channel.

Get a PVR, they're coming down in price all the time and are a hundred times easier than mucking about with videotapes.

Dave B
1st April 2007, 18:44
My bad, I forgot the 25 minute highlights programme in the wee small hours :\

Bezza
1st April 2007, 20:08
Get SkyPlus. Its magic. I got in the other week and its just so much better. Bye-bye video!!!

Dave B
1st April 2007, 20:12
I couldn't imagine not having Sky+ now, I love the fact you can set it by SMS if you're out!

J4MIE
1st April 2007, 22:46
So you've decided to join the 20th century then Paddy :D

Mark
2nd April 2007, 08:19
I've got V+, which is Virgins version of Sky+, and it is bloody brilliant.

I was watching 24 on ye olde video tape last night (because of the problems :s ) and I did have to laugh at the quality :mark:

52Paddy
2nd April 2007, 10:17
Yes, I know. But I don't work, and my parents don't want to pay more bills. Of course I'd love to have Sky + etc but it's not up to me. I wouldn't be able to pay for it so it's the best I can do for the minute. Maybe in time I'll upgrade to something better but for the meantime I have to struggle with what I have.

Thanks Dave by the way.