PDA

View Full Version : Conway quits

Nem14
14th September 2012, 23:48
AutoRacing1.com - Hot News Page (http://autoracing1.com/hotnews.asp?tid=61432)

Yep. If you aren't comfortable racing on the ovals, don't race on the ovals.

I'm sure AJ Foyt will understand.

FormerFF
15th September 2012, 02:39
He might want to go back to the UK or to Europe. There won't be much for him here, unless a sportscar team has an opening this winter.

Phoenixent
15th September 2012, 02:49
Later Conway now we can see someone else in the #14 who can drive on all race courses.......

bugeyedgomer
15th September 2012, 07:14
Later Conway now we can see someone else in the #14 who can drive on all race courses.......

his replacement put it in the wall. keep looking.

bugeyedgomer
15th September 2012, 07:15

his replacement put it in the wall

Phoenixent
15th September 2012, 08:23
his replacement put it in the wall. keep looking.

I don't consider Wade Cunningham a good full time replacement driver. Larry Foyt should have dug deeper for a driver maybe someone Foyt Racing hasn't screwed over yet.

keysersoze
15th September 2012, 16:39
I don't consider Wade Cunningham a good full time replacement driver. Larry Foyt should have dug deeper for a driver maybe someone Foyt Racing hasn't screwed over yet.

I'm not worried. The next time someone brings up a fact you will probably try to sidestep that one as well. Wade is an accomplished driver on the ovals. Sure, he doesn't have the results of, say, Helio, but he hasn't had the opportunities. The opportunities he's had he's made the best of them.

FormerFF
17th September 2012, 04:20
I will have to admit that the first time I drove on a roval (Charlotte) I wanted nothing to do with the wall on the oval, I stayed as low as possible to avoid getting even close to it. That in a car that would top out at maybe 115 mph. I finally learned that the wall wasn't going to jump out and bite me, and was able to ease up to it.

Good thing, too, since if you drive on the Daytona roval on the exit from the infield you drive straight at the wall at first, then use the banking to help you turn.