PDA

View Full Version : Are F1 teams being EXTORTED once again?

gloomyDAY
5th September 2012, 07:29
Top Formula 1 teams could face entry fee hike for 2013 - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102225)

Sources have revealed that the proposal that has been put forward to the teams is for the entry fee to rise to 500,000 Euro per outfit, plus 7,000 Euro per point scored in the championship.Whaaaaaaaaaat?! Jean Todt and Co. need new yachts? I know Mad Max has a hand in this somehow. He's still in part of the FIA.

F1boat
5th September 2012, 08:27
?!

Big Ben
5th September 2012, 09:47
Is this part of the reducing costs strategy? And taxing success... you have to love it. It's so.... European!

driveace
5th September 2012, 09:58
Do the FIA still not get it that the teams will leave the series and start their own series as they have threatened to do before ?F1 is big money,as are spectator entry prices,but when we all read about the money spent by Bernie on his daughters and their homes,cars,lifestyles,then this sort of thing gets up peoples noses!

AndyL
5th September 2012, 14:28
The idea of charging teams for scoring points is pretty bizarre. Especially as they're then given back prize money based on championship positions.

steveaki13
5th September 2012, 21:41
I am split. I want it both ways so I can't really decide.

I want F1 to be cheaper for the fans, beacuse prices are getting to silly levels even for a basic ticket with no seating.

I also want costs to be low enough to allow teams to compete and stay in F1, and also allow new teams to join F1.

But at the same time I want teams to have more freedom to push engines and get back to 2001-2002 levels of 20,000+rpm and other things like this which all cost money.

But generally the best thing for F1 is to cost reduce all round, so the way F1 is trying to cost cut has been the better idea, however it does not seem to be working with these new details. Eventually if F1 continues this way, teams like Mercedes will leave and new teams won't join and we could be back to the 16-20 car grids.