PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Junqueira replacing Josef Newgarden at SFHR at Baltimore

GRW1983
29th August 2012, 20:59
SFHR announced today that Bruno Junqueira will drive the No.67 entry at Baltimore this weekend, with Josef Newgarden sidelined after surgery on his broken left-index finger. He should return for Fontana. Junqueira will be pulling double-duty this weekend as he will also be racing in ALMS as well. Whilst in some ways I'm glad to see "Junky" back in IndyCar, I can't help feeling that Giorgio Pantano might have been a slightly better option, given that he's at least driven the DW12 with Ganassi at Mid-Ohio, and driven in IndyCar at Baltimore, whereas "Junky" will drive the DW12 for the first time at Baltimore. Sarah Fisher did say that she considered "a long list of drivers-notably Pantano", but felt that Bruno was her best option. Either way, I'd like to see him do well & possibly give him the chance of securing something in IndyCar for 2013.

00steven
30th August 2012, 07:15
Good choice

FIAT1
30th August 2012, 14:01
Good choice

Agree, I have seen Bruno at RA last alms race and I'm very excited to see him race Indycar again.

loowisham
11th September 2012, 18:36
I would love to see Bruno get a seat.