PDA

View Full Version : Hamazing Hamilton

Knock-on
29th July 2012, 15:51
One of the best, most mature races of his career. The boy is back with a bang and elbowing himself back into the Championship fight.

In fact, if it wasn't for cruel luck with Pastor taking him off and Massa running into people and littering the track with Carbon Fibre, he would be within a win of the lead in a car that is not the best.

Forza Lewis, Forza McLaren :D

kfzmeister
29th July 2012, 15:58
One of the best, most mature races of his career. The boy is back with a bang and elbowing himself back into the Championship fight.

In fact, if it wasn't for cruel luck with Pastor taking him off and Massa running into people and littering the track with Carbon Fibre, he would be within a win of the lead in a car that is not the best.

Definitely one of his most immature moves against Pastor in Valencia! He's too sporadic for a second Championship!

driveace
29th July 2012, 16:02
If only he would sign a deal with the McLaren team,we may see a more settled Lewis,BUT a fanrtastic win today.,and well done looking after the tyres in the last 10 laps .I thought the Finnish ex rally driver would have taken the leed in the last 5 laps.

F1boat
29th July 2012, 16:11
I think that he drove well today, especially considering tyre management. However, I do believe that he had the best car today and yesterday and we must not forget that in Hungaroring overtaking is very rare.

donKey jote
29th July 2012, 18:02
He definitely did an Alonso today :up: :andrea:

Tazio
29th July 2012, 18:27
Lewcifer was badazz ungodly good. ;) :s tareup:

Tazio
29th July 2012, 18:29
Hail Lewcifer :p :

gloomyDAY
29th July 2012, 18:43
Hail Lewcifer :p :Lewcifer! Yes, I fookin' love that!

Zico
29th July 2012, 19:55
Hail Lewcifer :p :

I think you might be on to something...

1. Any view you take of the McLaren shows 3 of the Vodafone logos & as they are cunningly designed to look like 6s you get 666, the number of the beast.

2. He wears logos for "Boss" which is what Satan is known as to his employees.

3. The 3 pointed star emblem on his helmet is clearly a reference to the Satanic trident.

4. The McLaren SLR's doors when open look like horns.

5. As do the pairs of aero vanes on the MP/4 23.

6. The letters of his name are an anagram of "I am Satan, worship me" in ancient Persian.

7. His main enemy is Alonso, who is clearly the 2nd coming in person but as yet unrevealed formally to the world. Or maybe it's Massa.

8. McLaren used to be sponsored by (S)hell.

9. The silver & red design of the McLarens indicates the blood of innocents on the swords of the Anti-Christ hoards.

10. The name Lewis means son of a Mason & Masoni temples are places of devil worship.

11. He has the luck of the devil. (hmm.. not sure about that one)

12. He has a Blue Peter badge which also has 3 prongs, another reference to the Satanic Trident.

13. Is his lucky number.

14. His cap is red, the colour of the devil.

15. His favourite music is Hip-hop, R&B, Reggae and Funky House - all the Devil's creations.

16. Banco Santander is where Opus Dei keep their cash & is therefore evil.

17. SAP can be rearranged to read ASP a poisenous snake & almost certainly responsible for getting Adam & Eve bunged out in the 1st place.

18. & his favorite band is Nightwish a Finnish Rock Band & all Finnish Rock Bands are Devil worshippers.

19. Jonnie Walker is Satan's wee-wee.

20. Nicole Sherzinger means 'To hell and beyond' in ancient Jabravic.

Hail, Hail!!! :D

Mia 01
29th July 2012, 20:37
Kimi will take him, for the whole year.

Tazio
29th July 2012, 20:47
I think you might be on to something...

1. Any view you take of the McLaren shows 3 of the Vodafone logos & as they are cunningly designed to look like 6s you get 666, the number of the beast.

2. He wears logos for "Boss" which is what Satan is known as to his employees.

3. The 3 pointed star emblem on his helmet is clearly a reference to the Satanic trident.

4. The McLaren SLR's doors when open look like horns.

5. As do the pairs of aero vanes on the MP/4 23.

6. The letters of his name are an anagram of "I am Satan, worship me" in ancient Persian.

7. His main enemy is Alonso, who is clearly the 2nd coming in person but as yet unrevealed formally to the world. Or maybe it's Massa.

8. McLaren used to be sponsored by (S)hell.

9. The silver & red design of the McLarens indicates the blood of innocents on the swords of the Anti-Christ hoards.

10. The name Lewis means son of a Mason & Masoni temples are places of devil worship.

11. He has the luck of the devil. (hmm.. not sure about that one)

12. He has a Blue Peter badge which also has 3 prongs, another reference to the Satanic Trident.

13. Is his lucky number.

14. His cap is red, the colour of the devil.

15. His favourite music is Hip-hop, R&B, Reggae and Funky House - all the Devil's creations.

16. Banco Santander is where Opus Dei keep their cash & is therefore evil.

17. SAP can be rearranged to read ASP a poisenous snake & almost certainly responsible for getting Adam & Eve bunged out in the 1st place.

18. & his favorite band is Nightwish a Finnish Rock Band & all Finnish Rock Bands are Devil worshippers.

19. Jonnie Walker is Satan's wee-wee.

20. Nicole Sherzinger means 'To hell and beyond' in ancient Jabravic.

Hail, Hail!!! :D
I'd rather rule in Hell, than serve a unibrow :s ailor: or finger-boy

steveaki13
29th July 2012, 22:05
He drove brilliantly today and has been so unlucky in Valencia and Hockenheim.

Unfortunately I think those races will cost him any chance of the title. To get 60 odd points back off Alonso is a tall order. The only way is if from now on the Mclaren is the stand out car and he wins 5 or 6 races in the last 9 or 10.

Tazio
29th July 2012, 22:24
He drove brilliantly today and has been so unlucky in Valencia and Hockenheim.

Unfortunately I think those races will cost him any chance of the title. To get 60 odd points back off Alonso is a tall order. The only way is if from now on the Mclaren is the stand out car and he wins 5 or 6 races in the last 9 or 10.Never Bet The Devil Your Head ~ Eddie Poe

F1boat
30th July 2012, 10:55
Oh, Lewcifer (that's cool) is still very much in the title hunt. He has the car and the talent to fight. A fan of him I am not, but a dangerous driver, he is, as Yoda would have said.
P.S. Dangerous as fast, not as menace on track although sometimes he is that too.

wedge
30th July 2012, 12:38

I don't think it's one of his best.

For some reason I've never taken a particular shine to pole-flag victories in the 'best' car.

steveaki13
30th July 2012, 14:12
Oh, Lewcifer (that's cool) is still very much in the title hunt. He has the car and the talent to fight. A fan of him I am not, but a dangerous driver, he is, as Yoda would have said.
P.S. Dangerous as fast, not as menace on track although sometimes he is that too.

I am a fan of his as I am of all the drivers, but I get what your saying. I agree he has the talent but can we be certain the Mclaren will be fast enough for the remainder of the season.

It was only 2 races ago that people were saying Mclaren were not going to stay with Ferrari and Red Bull.

And given the way this season is going it doesn't look like a driver can win 2 or 3 races in a row or over the course of a season more.

Also given the strength of Alonso I don't think he's likely to retire from many races or struggle for points.

I just think due to some bad luck Lewis is going to struggle to be in contention by the final race.

But who knows F1 has suprised us before.

Tazio
30th July 2012, 15:46
Kimi will take him, for the whole year.
Although It is my experience on these boards that Mia is a savant, surely someone like Knock-on who doesn't believe that Kimi will overhaul the Boss, suggest a wager in the form of a sig bet that Lew will beat him, ( I'm entertaining bets that no-one will stop Fred but that is a horse of a different color). I don't make statements with the degree of certainty that Mia does.

Zico
30th July 2012, 18:53
Although It is my experience on these boards that Mia is a savant, surely someone like Knock-on who doesn't believe that Kimi will overhaul the Boss, suggest a wager in the form of a sig bet that Lew will beat him, ( I'm entertaining bets that no-one will stop Fred but that is a horse of a different color). I don't make statements with the degree of certainty that Mia does.

At Budapest Lotus were certainly sounding bullish. The double DRS system that they succesfully tested at Hockenheim and Hungary practice sessions is expected to be fully used at Spa GP... maybe someone can confirm it but Im pretty sure I remember Boullier say that they expect to win there.

Q: "What will be your homework for the next races? Where can you improve?"
EB: "We have a big upgrade we would like to see working on the car after the shutdown. So you could call this race some kind of test. The most visible change has been the new wing on Kimi’s car but there are also a number of changes on Romain’s car. And we want to see what these changes will bring us in terms of race pace. From Spa until the end of the season we hope that we will have the whole package up and running and it will help us defend our position." (3rd place in constructors)

Full interview here- Boullier (http://kimiraikkonenspace.com/2012/07/22/boullier-would-not-be-surprised-if-raikkonen-won/)

Tazio
30th July 2012, 23:06
At Budapest Lotus were certainly sounding bullish. The double DRS system that they succesfully tested at Hockenheim and Hungary practice sessions is expected to be fully used at Spa GP... maybe someone can confirm it but Im pretty sure I remember Boullier say that they expect to win there.

Q: "What will be your homework for the next races? Where can you improve?"
EB: "We have a big upgrade we would like to see working on the car after the shutdown. So you could call this race some kind of test. The most visible change has been the new wing on Kimi’s car but there are also a number of changes on Romain’s car. And we want to see what these changes will bring us in terms of race pace. From Spa until the end of the season we hope that we will have the whole package up and running and it will help us defend our position." (3rd place in constructors)

Full interview here- Boullier (http://kimiraikkonenspace.com/2012/07/22/boullier-would-not-be-surprised-if-raikkonen-won/)Z' I was just trying to get someone to bet on The Boss ;)

wedge
31st July 2012, 13:41
It was a fine drive by Lewis, very controlled and mature. McLaren gambled on qualifying pace to make sure their car was fastest over a single lap but it was obvious race pace suffered slightly as a result. The Lotus's were clearly faster and Lewis was obviously thankfull Budapest is a difficult track to overtake on. Still, Lewis should be very pleased with his performance and once again showed how strong he is with his tyre management. One of his best IMO. :)

I question the tyre management thing.

Degradation was abnormally low as Pirelli went conservative with softs and mediums and not supersoft/softs.

Hamilton was doing consistent lap times and I would argue he was in a comfort zone knowing how difficult overtaking would be, not to mention Grosjean's outlaps were poor.

kfzmeister
1st August 2012, 18:09
Here's some great analysis on Hungary and Ali's ability to just hang on, rather than "dominate" as some have suggested.
How close Lotus came to winning as Hamilton held on: Hungary strategy analysisJames Allen on F1 (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/07/how-close-lotus-came-to-winning-as-hamilton-held-on-hungary-strategy-analysis/)

longisland
2nd August 2012, 04:50
For once Mclaren did not ruin Lewis' race with a botched pitstop. One would wonder if it was someone like Webber behind him instead of Grosjean in the first stint. It certainly made Lewis' life easier when Grosjean over drove his Lotus. Similarly, it'd be interesting if it was Webber who was stuck behind Button instead of Vettel. I believed Webber would have got something done on track (no puns intended though). Kimi looked spectacular in the final stint but I believed Lewis had him covered.

gloomyDAY
4th September 2012, 22:59
Amazing? Not anymore.

Tazio
5th September 2012, 07:14
^^^ Wow!! Harsh words for the Boss :blackeye: :down: ....Glue :fasttalk: :bandit: :s mokin:

gloomyDAY
5th September 2012, 07:22
^^^ Wow!! Harsh words for the Boss :blackeye: :down: ....Glue :fasttalk: :bandit: :s mokin:He's disappointing Tazio! You can read my rant in the "Twittergate" thread, but Lewis hasn't delivered. He's just too distracted to showcase his speed. I want the old Lewis back in F1!

Tazio
5th September 2012, 07:42
He's disappointing Tazio! You can read my rant in the "Twittergate" thread, but Lewis hasn't delivered. He's just too distracted to showcase his speed. I want the old Lewis back in F1!What is the line from "The Matrix Reloaded"?
"Some things never change, and some things do"! :s tareup: :p

F1boat
5th September 2012, 08:26
He's disappointing Tazio! You can read my rant in the "Twittergate" thread, but Lewis hasn't delivered. He's just too distracted to showcase his speed. I want the old Lewis back in F1!

He was always like that. Very, very fast, extremely talented and extremely arrogant and spoiled. I respect his speed and find his achievements inspiring, especially for people of color, but I can never support him :(

steveaki13
5th September 2012, 22:14
I think he is amazing.

He is a top driver who is as good as anyone, but can let his emotions and outside circumstances affect his performances and behavour.

However he is only human and many humans have faults. I hope whether he stays at Mclaren or goes to Mercedes he does well and I will support him.

F1boat
6th September 2012, 14:32
Ross Brawn can make him much stronger psychologically and as a driver IMO...

Garry Walker
6th September 2012, 16:35
extremely arrogant and spoiled.

Yet you have such a hard-on over Bieber? Explain that.

F1boat
6th September 2012, 20:04
Yet you have such a hard-on over Bieber? Explain that.
I see no point discussing anything about F1 with you.

Garry Walker
8th September 2012, 13:02
I see no point discussing anything about F1 with you.
I am not too happy about your presence either, but I guess we have to accept it and try not to be tearful about it.

I ask again, if you are annoyed by Hamilton's arrogance and the fact that he is spoilt, why are you such a huge fan of Bieber, who is pretty much the posterboy for arrogance and for being spoilt.

Garry's got a point.
See boatie, even other people are agreeing with me.

F1boat
8th September 2012, 13:17
Garry, I inluded you in my ignore list. Really I don't see any point of talking with you about F1.

Garry Walker
8th September 2012, 13:34
Garry, I inluded you in my ignore list. Really I don't see any point of talking with you about F1.

So you have no argument, again.

Good to know.

pino
8th September 2012, 13:35
Back to the topic thank you !

gloomyDAY
8th September 2012, 14:26
Well, Hamilton made me eat my words this morning.

Yummy!!

F1boat
9th September 2012, 07:56
Great laps, reminded me of the excellence of the great Mika Hakkinen. But the race will be tough - it is always tough for McLaren drivers.

driveace
9th September 2012, 09:53
Just hope that Lewis can get 25 points today and that Alonso scores low,otherwise this years championship is loosing its appeal,good to see Button on the front row,but cannot see a macs 1-2 at the finish .If Button gets left at the start I feel he will drop away,and rather than be a rear gunner for Lewis ,will be easy meat for the likes of Vettel,who,s friend The Shoe ,will keep out of his way !

steveaki13
9th September 2012, 12:50
Great pole by Lewis. Now its business time.

The start is key, get a clean start and beware of Felipe steaming up the inside.