PDA

View Full Version : Rallye Wrc Monte-Carlo 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

tolis
17th January 2013, 15:13
Great Juho! Hope he passes JML! Gooooooo Juho! Hanaaaa! :D

Mirek
17th January 2013, 15:13
Niceee, I was waiting for this moment :)

amilk
17th January 2013, 15:14
And be yet another boring corporate driver ... :rolleyes:

I was grown up on drivers like Sainz, KKK, Auriol etc - noone was boring but the style was not like this.

T.Maanteiden kuningas
17th January 2013, 15:14
HANAAAAAA! Juho! Purista perseellääääää......

Donney
17th January 2013, 15:15
Hänninen has definitely become my "if-not-Sordo then" favourite driver for the season.

amilk
17th January 2013, 15:16
Great Juho! Hope he passes JML! Gooooooo Juho! Hanaaaa! :D

Pity that Juho arrive just know to this level, spent too much time at Skoda.

Donney
17th January 2013, 15:20
I expected a bit more from Hirvonen after a whole season in the Citröen, maybe in Sweden :dozey:

rallyfun
17th January 2013, 15:22
There is one more guy coming soon who's not worse than Juho :)

tolis
17th January 2013, 15:24
I hope he finds the budget for more rallies, why not whole season... He really deserves it!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/312397_398924396867262_1626440872_n.jpg

Mirek
17th January 2013, 15:24
I expected a bit more from Hirvonen after a whole season in the Citröen, maybe in Sweden :dozey:

It just shows that driving Citroën doesn't make You a champion although many used to speak like that about Loeb...

Mintexmemory
17th January 2013, 15:25

Why? He's spent a whole season being taught how to be a No2 and concentrating on caution for the team result. Seems like he is finding it hard to break out of the mindset.

Donney
17th January 2013, 15:27
I wouldn't say so, but it certainly looks like it Mr. Mintex.

Sulland
17th January 2013, 15:27
Hanninen shows his sisu ! :vampire:

RS
17th January 2013, 15:30

He developed a lot at Skoda but I agree he maybe could have left one year earlier.. but then I am sure he would have if there had been a good offer.

andyone
17th January 2013, 15:30
Crazy speed by Novikov on this stage. Seems he is going to pass Sordo if he continious.
or Crash out. there is always two things there

Kielder
17th January 2013, 15:33
Carlos Sainz has said on Twitter that the team decided to save studded tyres in this loop. They've put on each car only two of them new.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA0kA-WCAAA9dYd.jpg:large

RAS007
17th January 2013, 15:34
It just shows that driving Citroën doesn't make You a champion although many used to speak like that about Loeb...

Mirek, to be fair, a car can be developed around a single driver and his driving style, eg: Makinen @ Mitsubishi in the 1990's. No-one else could do anything in that car..........

OldF
17th January 2013, 15:34

But it was not wasted time.

satukata
17th January 2013, 15:36
If you drive like Juho the budget is much easier to find and Malcolm give Car much cheaper! In Finnish media Juho allready said that more rallies comeing. they allready had some budget.

Mintexmemory
17th January 2013, 15:37
I wouldn't say so, but it certainly looks like it Mr. Mintex.

:up: On the other hand Dani Sordo has spent the last 2 years pushing as hard as he can to produce the best performance anyone could get out of a Mini, leading a team and generally being top dog. I think the benefit of this for his career going forward is already showing.

Hartusvuori
17th January 2013, 15:37
Hanninen shows his sisu ! :vampire:

You haven't seen his sisu yet. I'm sooooo looking forward seeing Juho in full flat-out rally (Sweden, Finland) and also proper tarmac rally. Fingers crossed!

Mintexmemory
17th January 2013, 15:39
Carlos Sainz has said on Twitter that the team decided to save studded tyres in this loop. They've put on each car only two of them new.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA0kA-WCAAA9dYd.jpg:large

I love the strategy, as Mirek has said there is a lot of rally left

amilk
17th January 2013, 15:40
But it was not wasted time.

No it was not waste of time. None for Skoda non for him.

Rally Talent
17th January 2013, 15:41
It's sad Esapekka Lappi went out on SS1. He is a talent.

Donney
17th January 2013, 15:41
If you drive like Juho the budget is much easier to find and Malcolm give Car much cheaper! In Finnish media Juho allready said that more rallies comeing. they allready had some budget.

YES!!!!!!
:bounce:

Donney
17th January 2013, 15:42
:up: On the other hand Dani Sordo has spent the last 2 years pushing as hard as he can to produce the best performance anyone could get out of a Mini, leading a team and generally being top dog. I think the benefit of this for his career going forward is already showing.

I definitely agree and I hope it shows this year.

Mirek
17th January 2013, 15:45
It's sad Esapekka Lappi went out on SS1. He is a talent.

Two years a go Mikkelsen crashed after 200 meters of the same SS1 and now he is part of factory team ;)

Rally Talent
17th January 2013, 15:46
Dani's been around for long but he is still young with the possibility to make a long and successful career. I think he has improved his driving a lot over the last couple of years - he can go fast in all conditions, unlike a few years ago (well he was fast, but...)

Rally Talent
17th January 2013, 15:47
Two years a go Mikkelsen crashed after 200 meters of the same SS1 and now he is part of factory team ;)

Ok, that sounds a plan to me then ;)

Back-N-Black
17th January 2013, 15:48
Give it time, lots of guys on this forum think JML's car will have significantly altered bodywork soon!

I'm surprised he has gotten this far!

Donney
17th January 2013, 15:50
In Ford they may even be disappointed he did... ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 15:52
Great time by Juho and a 1-2 for Ford on the stage.

Where is N.O.T. and those who slagged the IRC (Ladycup !) now ??

Hanninen proves they are top quality drivers who often just need to get a chance ...

"This is the only stage where I am able to drive this car and use the potential." :)

Donney
17th January 2013, 15:54
Isn't SS10 about to start?

Frostmourne
17th January 2013, 15:56
I really pity us (WRC fans), sitting infront of our PC's staring into the split screen, hitting refresh button every 30 seconds... we really deserve much more than that :(

COD
17th January 2013, 15:57
Mirek, to be fair, a car can be developed around a single driver and his driving style, eg: Makinen @ Mitsubishi in the 1990's. No-one else could do anything in that car..........

Grönholm did one rally in it and was immediately fast. And Burns was not too bad in it either :)

rallyfun
17th January 2013, 15:58
I really pity us (WRC fans), sitting infront of our PC's staring into the split screen, hitting refresh button every 30 seconds... we really deserve much more than that :(
go to stages

Kielder
17th January 2013, 15:58
Who do you think we should show Juho's times to?

http://www.afuegu.com/imagenes/121126_Nasser.jpg

Frostmourne
17th January 2013, 15:59
go to stages
I did not miss 2008,2010 and 2011 Jordan Rally!!

andyone
17th January 2013, 16:01
ooh yes we are soo much dedicated to this we deserve more

Rallyper
17th January 2013, 16:02

I must object to your comment, which reduces Mikko to a less good rallydriver. Having seen him in action in Sweden, beating Loeb you can never express words in your way of doing about Mikko. I´m regarding you much more serious than that quote... ;)

stefanvv
17th January 2013, 16:02
There is surprise for you: Loeb missing from splits :D

andyone
17th January 2013, 16:03
no loeb on splist whats happening

Rally Talent
17th January 2013, 16:04
I can't believe how unstable this timing system is... the times are screwed again.

Mirek
17th January 2013, 16:04
go to stages

Last four years were live on Eurosport for millions of TV spectators. I was there all those four year and didn't enjoy this luxury. This year I stayed home and... there is nothing :(

andyone
17th January 2013, 16:05
he is on stage and moving.. time problems again. wrc radio just said he is moving

alleskids
17th January 2013, 16:06
I wish Novi take out Ogier... lets see what he gonna say then.. I guess something, he is from Russia..they used to drive in such roads!!! What an attitude!

you rather have PR-robots? I like to thank Marlboro, Volkswagen, Michelin, Total, Magnetti Marrelli, BP, Esso, Castrol, Abu Dhabi and my dear friend Loeb, my nicest competitor Dani Sordo...etcetera? I like drivers with an own identity who speak their minds. Ogier gives no damn about Loeb, because Loeb is not doing the champoinship. I rather have 3 real human drivers then 10 pr controled puppets.
No, I am not a real fan of him, but i like his mind speaking

bailadero
17th January 2013, 16:06
Grönholm did one rally in it and was immediately fast. And Burns was not too bad in it either :)

Totally agree with you, Mitsu's had no money for a good second driver, every time they put somebody valuable behind the wheel the car looks fast enough.

Donney
17th January 2013, 16:08
I remember the dark ages of listening Radio Montecarlo in French with my dad, when there was no internet nor motorsportforums, so even when the IRC years have been a blessing I won't complain.

ChristianArp
17th January 2013, 16:08

And with his comment at one of the stage-ends yesterday, he left no doubt in my mind that he has a much better feel with the DS3 already.. And him commenting that he loved the car in these conditions should be plenty for everyone else as well.
Hearing it, between the lines I heard him saying the following: 'The car is not yet perfectly set up for me, but it is already better than what I came from..' - high praise for Citroën or massive slamming of Prodrive? I'd say combination of the two..

Anyone else hear that interview as well?

Mirek
17th January 2013, 16:09
I must object to your comment, which reduces Mikko to a less good rallydriver. Having seen him in action in Sweden, beating Loeb you can never express words in your way of doing about Mikko. I´m regarding you much more serious than that quote... ;)

I have very much respect for Mikko and I'm well aware how fast he is on Swedish and Finnish roads (didn't see him in Sweden personally but in NORF I did). However to win a championship it's not enough. I just remember frequent talks how Mikko is loosing to Loeb just because Focus is inferior car to C4, than how Fiesta is inferior to DS3. Then Mikko moved to DS3 and... nothing changed. Loeb has been still same dominant and Mikko has been still same fast in certain conditions but weaker in other.

Donney
17th January 2013, 16:10
Yeah I read that and I have the impression he's trying thank Citröen for having him back and support him for a whole season. Maybe a bit of a slam for Prodrive too.

Gregor-y
17th January 2013, 16:13
Did Colin just call Seb O -- Loeb?

O. did get mad at the French language interviewer, though!

PLuto
17th January 2013, 16:14
Photos from today by Tomasz Bugiel - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14814)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/0db308c34d19b247b8ebf66098daa3c4.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/1444d8e08b395b2657f6da985e9b84a3.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/15029397464649ed7cca0950b9ed020c.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/1a3379d2a6869f8e09ba09f24b9ff3d2.jpg

uranium
17th January 2013, 16:14
yes, but corrected himself

Mirek
17th January 2013, 16:15
Just a small correction to my words. I don't rule out Mikko could win WRC this year. Without Loeb such chance sure exists.

Rally Talent
17th January 2013, 16:16
yes, but corrected himself

Awesome!!!

Frostmourne
17th January 2013, 16:16
you rather have PR-robots? I like to thank Marlboro, Volkswagen, Michelin, Total, Magnetti Marrelli, BP, Esso, Castrol, Abu Dhabi and my dear friend Loeb, my nicest competitor Dani Sordo...etcetera? I like drivers with an own identity who speak their minds. Ogier gives no damn about Loeb, because Loeb is not doing the champoinship. I rather have 3 real human drivers then 10 pr controled puppets.
No, I am not a real fan of him, but i like his mind speaking

No PR robots, just put your feet on the ground, be realistic, acknowledge the fact that loeb is better than you...what would his comments be if Loeb on full season would be then. Everyone knows Loeb is a talent and he is the best driver in the last couple of seasons. No I do not support Loeb, on the contrary, seeing Loeb leaving WRC is good for the sport.

RAS007
17th January 2013, 16:17
Seb O faster than Seb L by 40+ seconds on stage 10?

Mintexmemory

O. did get mad at the French language interviewer, though!
Didn't hear it was there a 'foutre' in the soundbite by any chance? ;)

Zeropt
Ogier 43s quicker?! :eek:

alleskids
17th January 2013, 16:18
Ogier 45 seconds faster then Loeb? Loen lost a hugh amount of time in the last sector. crash of tyres gone bad?

timing having a grimick again?

Donney
BY 40?????? wowowow!!!!

Mirek
Impossible from splits. 16:00 looks more realistic.

EightGear
17th January 2013, 16:19
Ogier 0.5 behind Loeb.

Kielder
17th January 2013, 16:19
SIT go home!!!

Donney
17th January 2013, 16:20
The final stage time says SebO is 43 secs faster than SebL, I wonder if we should trust those times, though.

EDIT: It's been corrected now to 0.5 slower then Loeb.... awesome work from SIT :mad:

werner
It make no sense to follow the splits at this rally.

uranium
once more troubles with timing??

Hartusvuori
Times corrected now. This is a farce.

Zeropt
17th January 2013, 16:21
Corrected... (facepalm)

ChristianArp
17th January 2013, 16:21
No PR robots, just put your feet on the ground, be realistic, acknoledge the fact that loeb is better than you...what would his comments be if Loeb on full season would be then. Everyone knows Loeb is a talent and he is the best driver in the last couple of seasons. No I do not support Loeb, on the contrary, seeing Loeb leaving WRC is good for the sport.

Isn't the fact that he has decided to completely disregard Loeb exactly that? An acknowledgement that there is way to much risk involved in trying to fight him, so rather just go at a pace you feel safe and comfortable with and then just make sure you keep second place?
He knows the risks involved in trying to beat Loeb on outright pace, and does not feel the need to take those risks - probably helped along that route by VW management who would surely be delighted with an outright second on the debut of the car..

It's not that he isn't acknowledging Loeb, he's just chosen his battles wisely - an approach that I admire personally.

Viking
17th January 2013, 16:23
Østberg not to fast... Hanninen even slower it seems

Mirek
17th January 2013, 16:25
Isn't the fact that he has decided to completely disregard Loeb exactly that? An acknowledgement that there is way to much risk involved in trying to fight him, so rather just go at a pace you feel safe and comfortable with and then just make sure you keep second place?
He knows the risks involved in trying to beat Loeb on outright pace, and does not feel the need to take those risks - probably helped along that route by VW management who would surely be delighted with an outright second on the debut of the car..

It's not that he isn't acknowledging Loeb, he's just chosen his battles wisely - an approach that I admire personally.

You base Your opinion on the assumption that Ogier speaks same what he thinks and how he acts however I'm far from being sure about that.

ChristianArp
17th January 2013, 16:28
You base Your opinion on the assumption that Ogier speaks same what he thinks and how he acts however I'm far from being sure about that.

I am very well aware that the young man is not necessarily doing exactly what he is saying, of course it is at least partly a clever ploy to lower expectations if people (and the media..) expect an all-out swordfight between Seb Sr and Jr. :)

Rallyper
17th January 2013, 16:31
Juho sounds in interviews like a mixture of Markku Alén and Tommi Makinen. He really is the personality we want in WRC.

Donney
17th January 2013, 16:33
The battle between Hirvonen, Latvala and Hänninen could be epic in the next two days!

And I like a mix of Alen (my all time favourite) and Mäkinen

Rallyper
17th January 2013, 16:34
Corrected... (facepalm)

Times look very strange from last stage, many are equal and really look like they are invented by a tracking team lost their operational abilities.

Mintexmemory
17th January 2013, 16:38
The battle between Hirvonen, Latvala and Hänninen could be epic in the next two days!

And I like a mix of Alen (my all time favourite) and Mäkinen

Sordo and Novikov could also be involved - let's see who has kept enough reserve for tomorrows snow, remember the 3 stages are 1 passage only and 1st on the road is a disadvantage.

Donney
17th January 2013, 16:39
You are right but I think Sordo and Novikov will keep the distance with the Finns, their own battle for the podium looks very promising too. It should be a great day tomorrow.

TyPat107
17th January 2013, 16:43
This is why I don't follow the splits often. Just come here and find out from you lot! It saves me a little grief.

Go Hanninen!

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 16:47
Novikov and Hanninen with stage wins made the day interesting... and Ogier with his words more than his driving ! :talk: :laugh:

Two more days like this will be fun... :facelick:

Viking
17th January 2013, 16:50
And the fastest driver day2 is...

1. Loeb
2. Novikov +2.6
3. Ogier +14.7
4. Sordo +36.8
5. Østberg +1:04.4
6. Hänninen +1:07.8
7. Latvala +1:11.0
8. Hirvonen +1:36.0

I am evil Homer
17th January 2013, 17:24
Times corrected now. This is a farce.

That's very unkind to farces. They can at least be funny occasionally - a WRC where they can't show the correct stage times isn't a farce, it's quite simply dumb.

alleskids
17th January 2013, 17:46
Juho sounds in interviews like a mixture of Markku Alén and Tommi Makinen. He really is the personality we want in WRC.

that is what WRC needs, after the domination of Loeb: unpredictabale results and drivers becoming realpersons with real emotions and mood swings. With Haninnen and Ogier we have 2 personilities who colour up WRC, they are on either side of the PR line, but that makes it more fun. Most driver give standard and predictable answers. which makes the interviews alsmost a waste of time. Charachters like Hanninen and Ogier spice WRC up in the after-Loeb period of rally. A real shame that Petter is missing in WRC.

HaCo
17th January 2013, 17:48

Exactly! I'm very happy to see him in a WRC!

Verstuurd van mijn ARCHOS 80G9 met Tapatalk

HaCo
17th January 2013, 18:04
Now this is a good job! Fresh review with 95% pure action and rest 5% for the leaderboard! In HD!

I agree! Watching YouTube HD on the TV rules!

Verstuurd van mijn ARCHOS 80G9 met Tapatalk

Jafry
17th January 2013, 19:02
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1115/1115_rally_monte_carlo_2013_f6076c2f3d.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1115/1115_rally_monte_carlo_2013_f6ce904073.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1115/1115_rally_monte_carlo_2013_e777d4c5df.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1115/1115_rally_monte_carlo_2013_0a16d9cbfd.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1115/1115_rally_monte_carlo_2013_b241447be2.jpg

More photos from DAY2 HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1115)

rallye-sport
17th January 2013, 19:10
Update Photos Day 2 -> http://www.rallye-sp...nte-carlo-2013/ (http://www.rallye-sport.fr/photos-rallye-monte-carlo-2013/)

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/vialatte_aurelien_21.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/img_5673.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/mg_9739.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/vialatte_aurelien_33.jpg

rallyfiend
17th January 2013, 19:14
Last four years were live on Eurosport for millions of TV spectators. I was there all those four year and didn't enjoy this luxury. This year I stayed home and... there is nothing :(

There was no Live in 2012.

tolis
17th January 2013, 19:27
Day 2 highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s2gta_1bXo

dimviii
17th January 2013, 20:11
very nice video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PrI-KQwJ3EU

stefanvv
17th January 2013, 20:14
Update Photos Day 2 -> http://www.rallye-sp...nte-carlo-2013/ (http://www.rallye-sport.fr/photos-rallye-monte-carlo-2013/)

What a photo :p :
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/vialatte_aurelien_31.jpg

tolis
17th January 2013, 20:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrI-KQwJ3EU

tolis
17th January 2013, 20:18
Novikov :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eUkqDx-FxE

dimviii
17th January 2013, 20:20
nice photos
Segunda etapa del Rally de Montecarlo - Fotogalería (http://motorenlared.com/index.php/fotogalerias/item/1835-segunda-etapa-del-rally-de-montecarlo-fotogaler%C3%ADa)

MartijnS
17th January 2013, 20:23
Really cool stages with all the snow like this :)

dimviii
17th January 2013, 20:24
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/47061_522111447821364_1733008845_n.jpg

dimviii
17th January 2013, 20:30
nice video to compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YGZJ2TjFGCk

PLuto
17th January 2013, 20:37
There was no Live in 2012.

Last year Monte was not in IRC. And Eurosport was asked to do "any coverage" two weeks before start of the rally so there were no chance to organise live coverage...

tolis
17th January 2013, 20:42
Really great atmosphere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GcE45HaL48

Kielder
17th January 2013, 20:43
First one was taken in the town of St Bonnet, after the end of the stage:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/428127_533773949990757_99419789_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/18998_533774033324082_949275334_n.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/34ebaeg.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8463/8389915924_1535815255_b.jpg
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/465591_542488632437061_2004220500_o.jpg

Kielder
17th January 2013, 20:55
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8187/8389899002_21afd22a89_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8223/8388818577_42e0e24da2_b.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/537329_3576955002285_1453650357_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582352_415794911844409_968952292_n.jpg

uranium
17th January 2013, 21:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xIok5y7vmA8

See 1:40, 80-th are back :) People are standing on the track in front of car :)

stefanvv
17th January 2013, 21:05
http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8081/8389394491_dec5d9afb8_b.jpg
http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8357/8382478079_ca827f0ebc_b.jpghttp://farm9.static.flickr.com/8330/8389393249_1bf0f456b6_b.jpg

uranium
17th January 2013, 21:06
btw, sound of VW is completely different from e.g. Citroen. Why? I don't think it's result of sound tuning engineers ;)

stefanvv
17th January 2013, 21:08
http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8359/8390453872_321dc086f3_b.jpghttp://farm9.static.flickr.com/8215/8388273569_a8261cf2f6_b.jpghttp://farm9.static.flickr.com/8195/8390455698_dcba3612b8_b.jpg

stefanvv
17th January 2013, 21:09
See 1:40, 80-th are back :) People are standing on the track in front of car :)

I think this is normal for Monte

Kielder
17th January 2013, 21:14
That was close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wnXg9X0Yz88

Mirek
17th January 2013, 21:17
btw, sound of VW is completely different from e.g. Citroen. Why? I don't think it's result of sound tuning engineers ;)

Most of the sound is caused by exhaust, especially when all comparable engines are of same kind - with no Subaru boxer around. Or do You mean the anti-lag?

Kielder
17th January 2013, 21:18
First official images from today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVd_w9Yh0bM&feature=player_embedded#!

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:19
some interesting discussions here today about Sebs.

i dont agree about the way Ogier express his speech.Kankkunen,Makinen,Sainz,Allen all these big drivers(much bigger than currently Ogier) and characters they werent at Ogiers arrogant style.
Loeb deserves to be arrogant but he isnt.Do you believe that if he was arrogant the sport could have gain something? NOT.
Ogier just can t handle his ego,cant swallow that 1,5 minute at one day.Have a got to remind HIS last years interviews about Mikkelsen?Nobody had asked him at every stage stop at Monte about him,just Ogier mention him.Nobody had asked him,and of course at same team as he,there was no point to compare-discuss.
Loeb just he is going to ridicule him at every singlerally he will enter.Justice? ehmmmm....

About the rally so far,Loeb is a different league,managed to build a big difference and now just balancing the diff.
Latvala seems that haven t got the right setup,something was visible from pre Monte tests vs Ogier at same corners.Plenty photos from Monte with Latvala all over the place.
Mikko the usual.Sometimes fighting with Loeb,sometimes fighting with B level drivers.
Ogier best of the rest,but this doesn t mean that Polo is fast.At these conditions is impossible to push shocks,chassis etc to see the dynamic of car.We have to wait for gravel rallies.
Neuville what to say.This guy seems to through his chances to the bin.Will he be second Duval?
Hanninen impressive at his first wrc fiesta entry,even without tests at snow,he won the stae with most snow.
Ostberg totally lost,but i am sure he recover at next rallies.
Sordo very good,at his first attempt with ds3,in conditions he dont like.We have to think that last year he drove only few kms,with minimum testing kms too.

a big THANK YOU to all guys with cameras and photographers!Some of them with really fast response even into the stage.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 21:23
Some great video's there, thanks everyone... :)

I especially love the good amatuer video's with no music or annoying commentators, just the sound of the cars and the crowd... love it ! :cool:

And they make up for no TV coverage here in the UK... :p :

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:27
each engine create its unique sound.Its something normal.
If you want to create different sound among 2 same engines you can do it with exhaust.Different material,shape,diameter,different silencers etc.

stefanvv
17th January 2013, 21:27
" Q. In terms of weather conditions for over next few days, are VW hearing anything in particular? There is talk of a lot of snow on Saturday.
Jost Capito: “I don’t think there will be any snow [smiles]. Let’s ask Malcolm…"
Q. Malcolm, what are you hearing?
Malcolm Wilson: “I don’t know [smiles]. You had better ask Yves…”

"

Pressconference - World Rally Championship - News - Team bosses reflect: Monte day two (http://www.wrc.com/news/team-bosses-reflect-monte-day-two/?fid=18215)

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 21:30
First official images from today:

Not first images, just a voice-over of previous ones with an update of what happened today... :rolleyes:

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 21:36
Ford driver & team quotes after day 2:

Evgeny Novikov (4th)said: “It has been a very good day for us. There were some quite interesting conditions on the stages and it was very slippery, but there are still two days to go. It’s a long rally and we will fight on for sure. “This is Rallye Monte-Carlo and to go well here you have to be confident and enjoy driving the stages. Now, I am on a mission. I am really enjoying the stages and looking forward to tomorrow – there is no question that I will be fighting for third position in the days to come.”

Juho Hänninen (7th) said: “I am still learning with this car, but when the grip is equal throughout the stage I feel much more confident. On ‘St Bonnet’ [SS6 and SS9] I felt much more positive and had a clean, smooth run through the second pass with no mistakes – the time was also quite good! “I don’t know about tomorrow, but for the future and for myself I can see now that once I have learnt how to get the potential from the car, I will be able to set some good times. It’s getting better and better, it will just take time.”

Mads Østberg (9th) said: “Today started quite well. We were able to increase the speed in some areas, but in others we have definitely not been able to do that. On the snowy sections where there is a Tarmac line I am still struggling a lot. I tried some different approaches, but it seems that whatever I do I just lose more time. “On the snow and clean Tarmac we have improved a lot, but there is still a lot of work to do overall. I think now it’s all about trying some different things to see if the feeling improves on the sections we’re finding difficult. We’ll change a few things in service tonight and hopefully we can move forward tomorrow. “This is a long and difficult rally and I think that we must take the fact that we are still here as a positive.”

Team Principal, Malcolm Wilson OBE, said: “After what wasn’t a great opening day for us yesterday, today has been very encouraging. All three drivers did a great job. It was naturally pleasing to see Juho [Hänninen] achieve his first stage win on a WRC event, but I think you’d have to say the absolute highlight has been Evgeny’s [Novikov] performance. He’s shown on several occasions in the past that he can set the odd fastest time here and there, but he’s been impressively consistent today and has put some real pressure on Dani [Sordo] in third. “To win SS6 by almost five seconds, given his level of experience, was quite something. We saw last year how he has developed and progressed, and he seems to be very happy and comfortable in the pace he is setting. “For Mads [Østberg], it’s his first Rallye Monte-Carlo, and when the grip is consistent he is setting some strong times; it’s when the conditions are changeable with patchy snow and ice that he is finding it difficult to gain confidence. But to come here for the first time and be setting the kind of times that he is, I think he is doing a good job.”

dimviii
Latvala one of the best all over the place
http://nsa29.casimages.com/img/2013/01/17/130117094422967823.jpg

EightGear

i dont agree about the way Ogier express his speech.Kankkunen,Makinen,Sainz,Allen all these big drivers(much bigger than currently Ogier) and characters they werent at Ogiers arrogant style.
Loeb deserves to be arrogant but he isnt.Do you believe that if he was arrogant the sport could have gain something? NOT.
Ogier just can t handle his ego,cant swallow that 1,5 minute at one day.Have a got to remind HIS last years interviews about Mikkelsen?Nobody had asked him at every stage stop at Monte about him,just Ogier mention him.Nobody had asked him,and of course at same team as he,there was no point to compare-discuss.
Loeb just he is going to ridicule him at every singlerally he will enter.Justice? ehmmmm....

About the rally so far,Loeb is a different league,managed to build a big difference and now just balancing the diff.
Latvala seems that haven t got the right setup,something was visible from pre Monte tests vs Ogier at same corners.Plenty photos from Monte with Latvala all over the place.
Mikko the usual.Sometimes fighting with Loeb,sometimes fighting with B level drivers.
Ogier best of the rest,but this doesn t mean that Polo is fast.At these conditions is impossible to push shocks,chassis etc to see the dynamic of car.We have to wait for gravel rallies.
Neuville what to say.This guy seems to through his chances to the bin.Will he be second Duval?
Hanninen impressive at his first wrc fiesta entry,even without tests at snow,he won the stae with most snow.
Ostberg totally lost,but i am sure he recover at next rallies.
Sordo very good,at his first attempt with ds3,in conditions he dont like.We have to think that last year he drove only few kms,with minimum testing kms too.

a big THANK YOU to all guys with cameras and photographers!Some of them with really fast response even into the stage.

Last year Abbring was Ogier's teammate in Monte Carlo, not Mikkelsen. ;)

Francis44
17th January 2013, 21:37

Nonsense. Infact Ogier already did "ridicule" Loeb more than twice in 2011. In fact I remember 2 victory's in Portugal against Loeb where in one Ogier cleaned the road for two straight days.

bluuford
17th January 2013, 21:37
Weather:
Friday
SS11: temperature -7..-12 degrees. Cloudy, nearly no wind. No remarkable snowfall

SS12 temperature 0..+3 degrees! Cloudy, no rain or snow. Anyone dears to use supersoft tyres?

SS13 temperature -1..+1 degrees. Cloudy, no rain or snow. Later starters dear to use non studded tyres?

Saturday:
Turini: +2..-3 degrees. Snowfall should cover around 60% of the stage. Up to 25 cm of snow by the evening
Lantosque: +3..0 degrees. Veery heavy rain, maybe some snow on the higher part.

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:38
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwugnd#.UPhvUB2EwYS

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:39
Last year Abbring was Ogier's teammate in Monte Carlo, not Mikkelsen. ;)

sorry,Sweden

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:40
Nonsense. Infact Ogier already did "ridicule" Loeb more than twice in 2011. In fact I remember 2 victory's in Portugal against Loeb where in one Ogier cleaned the road for two straight days.

ridicule? lololololololol

at first day who cleaned the road????????

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 21:45
The ERC salutes hero Hänninen

The FIA European Rally Championship is saluting its reigning champion Juho Hänninen tonight after the Finn claimed his maiden stage victory in the World Rally Championship earlier today.

Hänninen was fastest of all through Rallye Monte-Carlo’s 25.45-kilometre second St Bonnet stage in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC and a full 13.4s quicker than nine-time world champion Sébastien Loeb, who is leading the event for Citroën.

“I’m very happy with this time,” said the former ERC ace, who is in seventh position overall after 10 stages. "I want to be able to harness the potential on the other surfaces too but this will take more time and experience in the car. But it’s easier to do good stage times if you are not out of the road.”

Hänninen dominated last year’s ERC with four victories and a winning margin of 100 points in a ŠKODA Motorsport Fabia Super 2000. He looks back on his stint in the ERC with great fondness.

Francis44
17th January 2013, 21:46
ridicule? lololololololol

Cleaning the road for two whole days in a junior team car and beating Loeb is as close as someone is going to get to ridicule Loeb in this sport.

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:48
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/2027_10200279836669047_265275325_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/154097_10200280488805350_181848542_n.jpg

Hanninen wana be? :D
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580471_296221247148180_623475851_n.jpg

Mirek
17th January 2013, 21:48
But it’s easier to do good stage times if you are not out of the road.

Classic Juho :D

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:49
Cleaning the road for two whole days in a junior team car and beating Loeb is as close as someone is going to get to ridicule Loeb in this sport.

you forget to tell us who cleaned the road at 1st day....

Francis44
17th January 2013, 21:52
you forget to tell us who cleaned the road at 1st day....

1 still acounts for less than 2.

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZpWPozopMV4

dimviii
17th January 2013, 21:53
1 still acounts for less than 2.
so ogier won because somebody else cleaned the road.The opposite is difficult....

and 78 is bigger from 5

Francis44
17th January 2013, 21:58
so ogier won because somebody else cleaned the road.The opposite is difficult....

and 78 is bigger from 5

Well of course, if you are racing for more than 10 years it's normal to have more wins no?!

And Ogier won because he was faster than Loeb even when cleaning.

Please dont ditch Ogier. I feel we might have an interesting championship this year because of him.

uranium
17th January 2013, 22:00
Most of the sound is caused by exhaust, especially when all comparable engines are of same kind - with no Subaru boxer around. Or do You mean the anti-lag?

I think you are right, anti-lag makes such impression of completely different sound.

dimviii
17th January 2013, 22:09
Well of course, if you are racing for more than 10 years it's normal to have more wins no?!

And Ogier won because he was faster than Loeb even when cleaning..
If Loeb hadnt clean at 1st day? Several gravel rallies at 2011 and Ogier didn t manage to do it.Taking one rally as a rule is not right.I didnt take a rally as a rule where he was 4 minutes ahead of Ogier.

Please dont ditch Ogier. I feel we might have an interesting championship this year because of him.

i dont ditch Ogier.Ogier ditches himself.The championship will not be interesting from Ogier.
Will be interesting because Loeb retires.As you see yestterday and today at Monte..

Kielder
17th January 2013, 22:10
Not first images, just a voice-over of previous ones with an update of what happened today... :rolleyes:

I have to insist. On both following videos we can see footage from yesterday:

2013 WRC Rallye Monte Carlo Day 2 Highlights - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9s2gta_1bXo)
Rally Monte-Carlo: Stage 5-7 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15zAY1WYBC4)

Maybe SIT has started to upload videos too.

dimviii
17th January 2013, 22:11
nice spots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MqkRvTWctHo

James Graham
17th January 2013, 22:15
If anyone is interested I've just updated the playlists at #Sideways TV (http://www.youtube.com/sidewaysmag) - the poor mans rally TV channel!

I haven't found a version of the official highlights for day two yet but I'll stick it on when I do. So far there is 22 minutes of a mix of amateur and more professional footage on the playlist for day two. The best of which is probably a mahoosive slide from a hard charging Novikov.

I've also just updated the Day Two - News Feed (http://storify.com/sidewaysmag/wrc-rallye-monte-carlo-2013-day-2)

I'll start a fresh news feed and YouTube playlist for day three in the morning.

Thanks for reading and watching.

Kielder
17th January 2013, 22:17
This is truly from today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqkRvTWctHo&feature=player_embedded#!

jolle1982
17th January 2013, 22:24
Pictures day 1 + 2 by Christian Riemer

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/day_1_2_01_1358460905.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/day_1_2_19_1358460911.jpg

http://www.rallyefreaks.de/images/samgallery/full/day_1_2_40_1358461012.jpg

<<< Fotos Rally Monte Carlo Day 1+2 >>> (http://www.rallyefreaks.de/index.php?option=com_samgallery&catid=149%3Aday-12&Itemid=2)

Kielder
17th January 2013, 22:26
First and second ones were taken in St Julien du Gua, at the hairpin on the top of the village:

http://staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/sport-auto/monte-carlo-13/photo/hd/590542590/2885966e68/monte-carlo-13-019-big.jpg
http://staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/sport-auto/monte-carlo-13/photo/hd/590542590/2884912761/monte-carlo-13-028-big.jpg
http://staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/sport-auto/monte-carlo-13/photo/hd/590542590/2885968110/monte-carlo-13-135-big.jpg

dimviii
17th January 2013, 22:28
:vader:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6VJmu1kJDfA

dimviii
17th January 2013, 22:29
:D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.130.843.403/p843x403/230691_514786461877634_154956257_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578385_514811895208424_475097117_n.jpg

AP-Racing
17th January 2013, 22:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E93-_XTiHe4

MAXLD
17th January 2013, 22:32

I don't see what's the point in comparing Ogier with those veterans regarding that specific point. Old school Finns are always more reserved, and Sainz... well, everytime I saw him in an interview he had a very long face and felt like he didn't want to talk not even a second to the media.

Besides, I don't think Ogier feels that he's "bigger" than those guys. I only heard Ogier respond a bit more harshly when the reporters asked him about Loeb several times... when they stopped, he was much more calm and friendly.
He's young, has a difficult rally to do, drives a new car (first proper rally, it's always more stressful), he's been faster than everyone else for the championship maintaining and controlling his advantage... and then the media all over him telling him that he's been slower/comparing him with Loeb... that's a tremendous pressure on his shoulders. :vader:

I don't know how the specific French press has been treating him, but I noticed they were still asking him again about the time difference to Loeb on the last stage today, and it seems he didn't respond that well again... but seconds earlier he gave a normal nice interview to rally radio (who already gave up focusing the topic for a bunch of stages).

In my book, he deserves a discount if he gets annoyed because they are breaking his concentration and diverting his focus to something he's not worried about (Loeb is not an opponent for this year).
Every driver at some point responds more arrogantly to the reporters when questions are more uncomfortable or dumb, specially on those interviews right after a difficult and demanding stage.
Kankkunen has that "Black round Pirelli" case, McRae had the "Going faster than everybody else" (when asked how did he manage to lead after a stage), etc,...

I don't think Ogier is like some people described today, he's just suffering a lot of pressure. True, he's no Petter, Gigi, or even Jari, but he also doesn't have to, each driver is the way it is... and although Loeb is no doubt very fast, he's also the most boring champion we ever seen, we don't need another one like that. At least Ogier seems to be more "active" than him, and have a better fighting spirit.
I say, give it a chance, this is a delicate situation... if he turns out to be a "jacka##" during the next few rallies, then he really might be one... but I don't think so. Well, at least it would shake things up a bit and give a bit more "debate factor" to the championship and the sport itself. :D

rallyfun
17th January 2013, 22:35
Didn't Loeb get puncture and handed over lead in Portugal?

Francis44
17th January 2013, 22:37
Didn't Loeb get puncture and handed over lead in Portugal?

Not in Portugal.

Kielder
17th January 2013, 22:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E93-_XTiHe4#!

spiderem
17th January 2013, 22:46
just catching up and reading the last 10 pages, looks like Ogier's attitude / charisma has divided people on this forum!

I personally prefer a driver with a bit of personality and funny quotes, otsberg and novikov being my favourite.

True that sometime Ogier might sound a bit arrogant or disrepectfull, but
1) French are arrogant
2) English is not is natural language and sometime he might use words that he doesn't know the real meaning or power
3) i would be fed up as well if i was always compared to loeb... (actually i wouldn't be fed up, because it would mean that my current job would be rally driver, which i guess is a big dream for all of us) but you get the point!

PS : any videos of Ogier having a go at french interviewers?

tolis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAxPS1nwYnA

rallyfun
I don't see what's the point in comparing Ogier with those veterans regarding that specific point. Old school Finns are always more reserved, and Sainz... well, everytime I saw him in an interview he had a very long face and felt like he didn't want to talk not even a second to the media.

Besides, I don't think Ogier feels that he's "bigger" than those guys. I only heard Ogier respond a bit more harshly when the reporters asked him about Loeb several times... when they stopped, he was much more calm and friendly.
He's young, has a difficult rally to do, drives a new car (first proper rally, it's always more stressful), he's been faster than everyone else for the championship maintaining and controlling his advantage... and then the media all over him telling him that he's been slower/comparing him with Loeb... that's a tremendous pressure on his shoulders. :vader:

I don't know how the specific French press has been treating him, but I noticed they were still asking him again about the time difference to Loeb on the last stage today, and it seems he didn't respond that well again... but seconds earlier he gave a normal nice interview to rally radio (who already gave up focusing the topic for a bunch of stages).

In my book, he deserves a discount if he gets annoyed because they are breaking his concentration and diverting his focus to something he's not worried about (Loeb is not an opponent for this year).
Every driver at some point responds more arrogantly to the reporters when questions are more uncomfortable or dumb, specially on those interviews right after a difficult and demanding stage.
Kankkunen has that "Black round Pirelli" case, McRae had the "Going faster than everybody else" (when asked how did he manage to lead after a stage), etc,...

I don't think Ogier is like some people described today, he's just suffering a lot of pressure. True, he's no Petter, Gigi, or even Jari, but he also doesn't have to, each driver is the way it is... and although Loeb is no doubt very fast, he's also the most boring champion we ever seen, we don't need another one like that. At least Ogier seems to be more "active" than him, and have a better fighting spirit.
I say, give it a chance, this is a delicate situation... if he turns out to be a "jacka##" during the next few rallies, then he really might be one... but I don't think so. Well, at least it would shake things up a bit and give a bit more "debate factor" to the championship and the sport itself. :D
To be honest to whom would you compare (ask) second driver if not to leading driver of the rally? Besides from what I have seen on stages or service, Ogier is not favorite of other drivers, fans or his last team Citroen. If I needed to be harsh I would say he's arrogant buffoon in number of occasion. That doesn't make him bad driver, I think he's the second best at the moment but horrible man who can't handle interviews and express himself with respect to others.

rallyfun
17th January 2013, 22:47
Not in Portugal.
What about 2011?

Francis44
17th January 2013, 22:49
What about 2011?

In 2011 Loeb got held up on stage by mikko and lost some 30 seconds. Ogier, Loeb and Latvala were in the fight. Latvala lead at that time.

rallyfun
17th January 2013, 22:54
In 2011 Loeb got held up on stage by mikko and lost some 30 seconds. Ogier, Loeb and Latvala were in the fight. Latvala lead at that time.
You are right (puncture was in Germany) but that doesn't change the point that Loeb handed over (through Mikko's dust) the lead.

Kielder
17th January 2013, 22:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfD76XVW8E&feature=player_embedded#!

Formaldehyde
17th January 2013, 23:00
The whole Ogier egotrip debacle reminded me of one of my favorite rally quotes of all times.

A certain Mr. Walter Röhrl, twice world champion, shows how a true sportsman is able to recognize defeat and respect the skill of his opponents. A lesson in humbleness and character.

"- So is the new Peugeot too fast for the Audi?
- All I know is that Ari is too fast for me."

Skip to 29 seconds.

http://youtu.be/xv3HP9xjjxM?t=29s

dimviii
17th January 2013, 23:01
You are right (puncture was in Germany) but that doesn't change the point that Loeb handed over (through Mikko's dust) the lead.

ridicule...lol

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 23:02
Day 2 on TV now !

Stream: Sporttv 2 online, sporttv2alternativa em directo no CasaDosSegredos.tv - Secret Story 3 Online (http://www.casadossegredos.tv/sporttv2alternativa)

dimviii
17th January 2013, 23:03

you told us that he ridiculed him.With Mikkos help? lol

Goodnight.

Hartusvuori
17th January 2013, 23:08
A selection of pictures from Day 1 and Day 2 taken by my friend are now online:
rallirinki.kuvat.fi (http://rallirinki.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Rallye+Monte-Carlo+2013/)

http://rallirinki.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Rallye%20Monte-Carlo%202013/0-IMG_4222.JPG?img=smaller

http://rallirinki.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Rallye%20Monte-Carlo%202013/0-IMG_4274.JPG?img=smaller

AP-Racing
17th January 2013, 23:09
where starting order for leg3?

sp0+
17th January 2013, 23:09
IMHO Ogier has a long way to go to become a proper Seb...

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2013, 23:14
TV much better on Day 2 - good in-car and helicopter shots :)

Also saw that Ogier said what he said with a big smile on his face !

Kielder
17th January 2013, 23:24
Amazing from 0:42 until 1:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AElC3qmxP8

tfp
17th January 2013, 23:31
Nice to be following WRC again, loving the clips I've seen of Monte so far. But what did Ogier say to spark such an argument?
Regardless, the white Polo looks awesome against the snow :cool:

Teme
17th January 2013, 23:36
where starting order for leg3?
http://www.rallyliveresults.com/acm/documents/4/Start_List_for%20Section_5_1801.pdf

PLuto
17th January 2013, 23:41
Start list into third leg - Rallye Monte Carlo 2013 - Start order - leg 3 - Rally-Base (http://rally-base.com/2013/rallye-monte-carlo-2013/start-list/?startTimeTypeId=272)

PLuto
17th January 2013, 23:48
Heavy fight for win in WRC3 :)

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537349_4244233379832_945464669_n.jpg
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582352_415794911844409_968952292_n.jpg

Mintexmemory
18th January 2013, 00:10
Nice to be following WRC again, loving the clips I've seen of Monte so far. But what did Ogier say to spark such an argument?
Regardless, the white Polo looks awesome against the snow :cool:

In a nutshell he was asked how he felt about the gap to Loeb and he replied he wasn't worried as Loeb wasn't in the Championship - This has ben interpreted as arrogance / ego / lack of sportsmanship etc or whatever anti-Ogier sentiment the faction wish to attribute to him.
There is a tirade in French where the journos had been pestering him with the same question and finally he let rip with what I imagine (we've had no transcription yet) was along the lines of 'va te faire voir' (one of the many various forms of 'go and get yourself seen to' in expressive french).
People have expressed their opinions as fact - both for and against, and arguments are now taking a bit of a school playground "my Seb's better than your Seb" tone.
Contrary to the view of some forum members I have also observed Seb O in service on a number of occasions starting with Ireland 2007. I have found him to be courteous to fans and to spend time with ( a never ending stream) people wanting photos and signatures. I have also seen him deep in conversation with other WRC drivers who have sought him out at parc ferme and watched him joke with them too.
It's very probable many in the Citroen WRT don't like him - he did after all reveal what the internal politics were and made his ultimate 'va te faire voir' to them on the Great Orme in 2011. It looks to me like the VW team love him from all the footage I've seen and the easy going atmosphere I experienced in Salou following shakedown last year (when he spoke to me, signed my photos and posed for pics). I wonder exactly which actions / comments have most riled the anti-brigade in the past. Personally I would think more of Seb L if he had insisted that he wanted to beat Seb O fair and square in 2011 and not pulled rank in getting preferential treatment. C'est la vie!

denkimi
18th January 2013, 00:11
you told us that he ridiculed him.With Mikkos help? lol

could you please stop using "lol" in every post. it is becoming quite annoying since (to me) it sounds extremely arrogant.

stefanvv
18th January 2013, 00:12
It's funny how this "I don't care about Loeb" comes up today (actually yesterday), as Ogier said this at the first stages of the Rally. And I understand this like "He is not WDC contender, it doesn't matter". And I think he told something like that today. But you know the jornalists keep talking about his and Loeb's difference after every stage (that's their job after all, no one else is threatening his position from behind), probably Ogier wanted to make it clear. I know he was somewhat arrogant and selfish 2010, but probably not without a reason, otherwise he wouldn't "went fast" from Citroen that quick perhaps. I kind of see him in different light since he joined VW team (may be with small exception last year).

VW might not be aiming the title this season, though with these drivers I think it is achievable, but I think Ogier secretly hopes he can fight for the WDC. So, why should he bother when Loeb, doing only 4 Rallies this year is ahead of him, while everyone else are behind him?

Rallyper
18th January 2013, 00:18
Guys let´s skip the discussion about Seb O and concentrate on RMC the following three days to come. Shall we?

Believe me it´s going to be exciting competition on snowy and icy stages!

stefanvv
18th January 2013, 00:26
The whole Ogier egotrip debacle reminded me of one of my favorite rally quotes of all times.

A certain Mr. Walter Röhrl, twice world champion, shows how a true sportsman is able to recognize defeat and respect the skill of his opponents. A lesson in humbleness and character.

Skip to 29 seconds.

BTW - deep respect for those men.

BDunnell
18th January 2013, 00:30

Yes, great quote, but to many Röhrl himself came across as arrogant. I don't necessarily agree, by the way — he was always one (Michele Mouton misunderstanding notwithstanding) to respect his rivals. I believe that, before the 1986 season, when asked which opponent he feared most, he said something along the lines of: 'I'd rather have Tony Pond in my team than driving against me'.

Kielder
18th January 2013, 00:35
After watching today's highlights, in my view it was quite good. There were minor changes. To my mind, the best of them is that the action starts quickly. When we follow the WRC, we spend the day hearing and reading drivers' words, what I need when I see a rally program is cars being driven fast. In the past, WRC's highlights used to start with long monologues of drivers and team managers, before or after repeated footage from the day before. I hope that this will continue. The worst was that a stage was ignored (SS7-10). Besides, as we saw yesterday, Mikko's onboard camera needs to be placed a few centimeters higher.

Kielder
18th January 2013, 00:53
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/6641_475398275850940_929507910_n.jpg
http://nsa30.casimages.com/img/2013/01/17/130117101449837864.jpg
http://nsa29.casimages.com/img/2013/01/17/130117102046862503.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/2027_10200279836669047_265275325_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/154097_10200280488805350_181848542_n.jpg

stefanvv
18th January 2013, 01:06
Guys let´s skip the discussion about Seb O and concentrate on RMC the following three days to come. Shall we?

Yes, the Rally itself is exciting enough to spice it up with unnecesessary commentary, probably understood wrong...

JRodrigues
18th January 2013, 01:50
horrible man who can't handle interviews and express himself with respect to others.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spiderem
18th January 2013, 01:55
Quickie quiz about vw now...which is the difference at polo livery between Latvala -Ogier?

ps no beers for the winner.

Sorry for copying your quiz Dimvii. But i like this game :)

What is the difference for loeb's livery from shake down to day 1?

XXXX gold for the winner.

sp0+
18th January 2013, 05:23

Unfortunately, only two days to come.... :(

Rallyper
18th January 2013, 05:25
Noope, when written three legs still to come (if I´m right informed) with just a short leg on Sunday.

sp0+
18th January 2013, 05:29
Noope, when written three legs still to come (if I´m right informed) with just a short leg on Sunday.

Rally ends on Saturday night.... Only the finish ceremony takes place on Sunday....

Tinke1979
18th January 2013, 06:08
Heavy fight for win in WRC3 :)

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537349_4244233379832_945464669_n.jpg
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582352_415794911844409_968952292_n.jpg

Any videos from this place??

AP-Racing
18th January 2013, 06:37
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230610_10151238245896918_977970763_n.jpg

jiipee64
18th January 2013, 06:53
How does the roulette with tyres seem so far?
Does anybody have an idea if there has been different tactics which might have inpact to the final days??

GINE
18th January 2013, 07:07
What is the road condition for today's stages?
Anybody up on the mountain to answer?

GINE
18th January 2013, 07:15
If there is a lot of snow on the stages, Loeb could easily have a 'small mechanical problem' on the road to the first stage and check in two or three minutes late..... so Ogier will be first on the road. With more than a minute and a half between them, he has lots of seconds to spare... He will also crack Ogier's nerves by such a move.... Let's see.

Mintexmemory
18th January 2013, 07:34
Just noticed as there as only 55 crews left in the rally, anyone that gets to Monaco will start the Saturday leg

Rally Hokkaido
18th January 2013, 07:34
As they're good friends, Lil Seb would probably stop to help him...haha. Seriously, how much advantage would second on the road have over first car?. This is not a gravel rally and, unless it is snowing very heavily, the roads are going to be 'ploughed' by the 3 or more safety cars plus all the 'ice note' crews driving through during the previous two hours.

noel157
18th January 2013, 07:36
30 min highlights of day 2 in English:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK9G-LkFzVw

Part 2: WRC 2013 Monte Carlo Day 2 - Part 2/2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHAuYR1XPg)

WRC1
18th January 2013, 08:11
info from andreas aigner (gravel crew for armin kremer) stage 11 - from km9 till finish full snow!!! and the col 1,5m snowwalls right anf left from the road :)

bluuford
18th January 2013, 08:15
Weather:

First stage should be all snowy, no snowfall but temperature -7..-12 and no wind

Second and third stages will be pretty warm already. Ss12 +4..0 and Ss13 +3..0. So, there will be definitely camble with the tyres (as there was snow before but it should start to melt very quickly.

hari
18th January 2013, 08:21
Perfect conditions in stage 11:

https://twitter.com/The_Rally_Guru/status/292177010908860416/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA4FcYNCEAAlSKX.jpg:large

Mirek
18th January 2013, 08:25

It's the most famous place of SS Labatie d'Andaure.

This video of Novikov's off is from there (already posted few pages back).
Crash Novikov ES5 Rally MonteCarlo 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E93-_XTiHe4)

Also in 2009 crash of Sarrazin, 2011 crash of Arzeno etc. was same place.

Mise
18th January 2013, 08:26
Judging from the splits I'd say Mikko and Novikov have the same tyres and Jari, Dani and Sebs have the same.

Mirek
18th January 2013, 08:26
This stage is largely on a wide road (maybe all length but I don't know whole route of this version). Could be extremely spectacular there!

uranium
18th January 2013, 08:28
Also in 2009 crash of Sarrazin, 2011 crash of Arzeno etc. was same place.

magic place ;)

Rally Hokkaido
18th January 2013, 08:28
eColin Clark answered my question. He reckons the guy could lose 'buckets load of time, even to the 2nd car, if it is snowing...' I missed if he was talking about today's stages or tomorrow's. He wasn't talking about this stage, which has about 9km of wet tarmac before they reach the snow and ice.

Edit: The guy siad he was driving cautiously amd may lose a little time to other cars, but didn't complain he was 'ploughing' the road. He said it was the best stage of the rally so far.

Mirek
18th January 2013, 08:30
magic place ;)

When we came there in 2009 in a convoy of fire-brigade vehicles it was extremely slippery just after the crest. A police car crashed just as we get out of the car. After a while they managed to pull the car back on the road but we know something is going to happen :)

Mirek
18th January 2013, 08:30
Colin Clark answered my question. He reckons the guy could lose 'buckets load of time, even to the 2nd car, if it is snowing...' I missed if he was talking about today's stages or tomorrow's. He wasn't talking about this stage, which has about 9km of wet tarmac before they reach the snow and ice.

Heavy snow/rain expected for tomorrow.

kubiczech
18th January 2013, 08:35
times are incorrect again

edit: corrected now

werner
18th January 2013, 08:35
SS 11 Loeb: " I didnt take a risk on the stage" ... but it seems he made best time.

JRodrigues
18th January 2013, 08:38
Where is Ogier???

Franky
18th January 2013, 08:38
Where is Ogier???

On his way to the next stage.

JRodrigues
18th January 2013, 08:41
On his way to the next stage.

Now it shows.. He didn't appear in final timing.

skarderud
18th January 2013, 08:46
buoffier changed tire or of? mads flying, good :)

uranium
18th January 2013, 08:47
http://c340949.r49.cf1.rackcdn.com/sm_fin.png
Hirvonen Mikko / Lehtinen Jarmo (http://rally-base.com/crew-profile/crew-detail/?competitionId=200&crewId=18134)
Citroën DS3 WRC
WRC
00:20:31.6
00:00:13.7
00:00:01.7

Another good time for Juho.

Medved
18th January 2013, 08:48
Bouffier went out, spectators help him back.

werner
18th January 2013, 09:02
Kremer with Subaru lost 0,5 sec/km to Wiegand with Skoda S2000. Impressive race for the European Champion 2001!
And less then 1 sec / km to Prokop and Kosciuszko!

uranium
18th January 2013, 09:12
what is Colin Clark twitter, email etc?

WRC1
18th January 2013, 09:17
Kremer with Subaru lost 0,5 sec/km to Wiegand with Skoda S2000. Impressive race for the European Champion 2001!
And less then 1 sec / km to Prokop and Kosciuszko!

very good performance indeed, but prokop had a big spin and kosciusko/mini are a waste of money :(

MartijnS
18th January 2013, 09:18
what is Colin Clark twitter, email etc?

https://twitter.com/voiceofrally

modri dirkac
18th January 2013, 09:31
Some nice photos: Rally Monte-Carlo 2013 | galerija | foto Modlic - odli?ni do zadnjega piksla! (http://www.foto-modlic.si/galerija/2013/01/rally-monte-carlo-2013)

Kielder
18th January 2013, 09:51
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2013/wrc/wrc-montecarlo/639.jpg
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2013/wrc/wrc-montecarlo/735.jpg
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2013/wrc/wrc-montecarlo/767.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img21/6126/mc8d.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img823/7179/mc6c.jpg

Kielder
18th January 2013, 09:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p-kbzW1s8iA

uranium
18th January 2013, 10:03
JML has been indeed lucky no stone was there

Kielder
18th January 2013, 10:06
Chardonnet was luckier than Poutot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XFaZSDIIbrw

spiderem
18th January 2013, 10:07
Davidevans tweet : mikko's promising a push on the wider road in St Jean en Royans this morning. Time, he says, to take some risks...
what happened to big attack mikko???
it looks like he lost his mojo for good now... :(
SS11 7th time, when all the others seems to be cruising and no taking risks!

Mintexmemory
18th January 2013, 10:12
Davidevans tweet : mikko's promising a push on the wider road in St Jean en Royans this morning. Time, he says, to take some risks...
what happened to big attack mikko???
it looks like he lost his mojo for good now... :(
SS11 7th time, when all the others seems to be cruising and no taking risks!

JML 16 secs behind will catch Mikko on the first stage tomorrow if not by the end of today

Kielder
18th January 2013, 10:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T7X4g_I07ko

A year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzsltlvVpbM&feature=player_embedded

Bartek
18th January 2013, 10:25
For the moment Mikko is biggest disappointment for me. He tested a lot in various conditions, he should be a number 1 after Seb but he is slow. Yesterday I told my friend, you will see Dani will be in better position to fight for a Championship than Mikko after 5 or 6 rallies.

eestlane
18th January 2013, 10:39
Mikko will win in Sweden. Just watch

dimviii
18th January 2013, 10:43
could you please stop using "lol" in every post. it is becoming quite annoying since (to me) it sounds extremely arrogant.

advices how i write in a forum keep it for yourself.

lol

dimviii
18th January 2013, 10:44
Sorry for copying your quiz Dimvii. But i like this game :)

What is the difference for loeb's livery from shake down to day 1?

XXXX gold for the winner.

haven t noticed something.

So what is the difference?

dimviii
18th January 2013, 10:46

one of yesterdays videos had the crash but are plenty of them and can t remember which is.

ChristianArp
18th January 2013, 10:50

You said yourself something about an Oakley sticker on the mirrors - now it's Total on one side, Citroën on the other..
Might not be that though.

dimviii
18th January 2013, 10:57
nice video for comparing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QDfD76XVW8E

dimviii
18th January 2013, 10:57
You said yourself something about an Oakley sticker on the mirrors - now it's Total on one side, Citroën on the other..
Might not be that though.

didn t say that,must be somebody else mention it.

edit nice photo
http://www.rallimage.fr/images/forum/N_DSC6509.jpg

ChristianArp
18th January 2013, 11:00
didn t say that,must be somebody else mention it.

My mistake, sorry about that. :)
Anyway, it was mentioned during that 'what's the difference between the Citroëns'-game and would now appear to have changed - although I must admit, I didn't study any pictures from shakedown of Loebs car.

Edit:
Just went back, there was an Oakley logo on the left mirror, now it's a Citroën logo.

Kielder
18th January 2013, 11:05
Becsy has published this photo on instagram: "Citroen making decisions".

http://distilleryimage7.instagram.com/eddbe8bc615a11e2859c22000a9f0a20_7.jpg

It would be great that they make again a long video, in this case about the last Loeb's Monte. However, I suppose the guy on the right is doing a job for the daily highlights.

Mirek
18th January 2013, 11:07
News about actual conditions on SS12 and 13?

spiderem
18th January 2013, 11:08

My quiz wasn't as exciting as yours I guess, I still have to learn!
yes the mirror, Oakley in SD, Citroen on day 1 & 2...

Kielder
18th January 2013, 11:08
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/480253_145391965616327_1019301716_n.jpg

spiderem
18th January 2013, 11:10
My mistake, sorry about that. :)
Anyway, it was mentioned during that 'what's the difference between the Citroëns'-game and would now appear to have changed - although I must admit, I didn't study any pictures from shakedown of Loebs car.

Edit:
Just went back, there was an Oakley logo on the left mirror, now it's a Citroën logo.
Well done, you've won a XXXX gold, hope you like it ;)

MartijnS
18th January 2013, 11:12
Nice shot of the Polo, but probably made on the liaison and makes it less special to me ;)

Georgi
18th January 2013, 11:13
Mikko said many times that he doesn't like the mixed conditions and probably the whole Monte Carlo is not suitable for him.
Yes, he is not pushing like few years ago which is disappointing.
I think he changed a bit his attitude and mind toward the rallies that he is not capable of having good result.
Will be interesting year in the Citroen team.

Kielder
18th January 2013, 11:14
News about actual conditions on SS12 and 13?

Published two hours ago:

Seb Marshall ‏@sebmarshall (https://twitter.com/sebmarshall) SS12 St Nazaire: bone dry on recce, now all patchy ice/snow/damp, very tough as surface changes every corner. Sunny -11.

He's moving onto Sisteron. Let's wait next tweet :) .

spiderem
18th January 2013, 11:14
I like your optimism... Hope you are right, because in my opinion, if he doesn't bounce back strait after RMC, it will be a long season for him...

makinen_fan
18th January 2013, 11:18
@The_Rally_Guru
SS12 - Mix of snow/ice and tarmac, maybe 50% of each, here is one section. There is some black ice also! pic.twitter.com/yIFllfW4

rallye-sport
18th January 2013, 11:19
Update Photos SS11 Photos Rallye Monte-Carlo 2013 (http://www.rallye-sport.fr/photos-rallye-monte-carlo-2013/)

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/img_9390.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/img_9402.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/img_5820.jpg

WRC1
18th January 2013, 11:19

hahaha....latvala, hänninen, loeb....at least one of them will be faster

Kielder
18th January 2013, 11:24
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166542_10151235838577057_1360401497_n.jpg

dimviii
18th January 2013, 11:25
@ rallye-sport wow excellent photos!!! :eek:

thank you!

Mintexmemory
18th January 2013, 11:27
hahaha....latvala, hänninen, loeb....at least one of them will be faster

Add Ostberg to that equation - Also Ketomaa is the unknown quantity

spiderem
18th January 2013, 11:31
Any update on weather forecast for Turini? Still snow???

Georgi
18th January 2013, 11:33
I think JML will drop later on. He is too much sideways from what I've seen from the videos so far.
Not that I mean he is risking...but just his driving is too much all over the road.

Mirek
18th January 2013, 11:34
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166542_10151235838577057_1360401497_n.jpg

Imagine some of the big icicles falling on Your front screen!

Mirek
18th January 2013, 11:36

As said before there are heavy snowfalls expected for tomorrow higher altitudes and heavy rain for lower ones. That probably means a lot of fresh snow on majority of Turini and a lot of water on Lucerám and the rest of Turini stage. Looks like a very difficult day to come.

Kielder
18th January 2013, 11:36
Two minutes ago:

Seb Marshall ‏@sebmarshall (https://twitter.com/sebmarshall) Wow! Sisteron is an incredible stage. Solid ice, with bad ruts for ~5km in middle, other 30km is all dry. Sunny, temp -5 to +3.

Typical Sisteron :) .

dimviii
18th January 2013, 11:38

Seb Marshall ‏@sebmarshall (https://twitter.com/sebmarshall)
Wow! Sisteron is an incredible stage. Solid ice, with bad ruts for ~5km in middle, other 30km is all dry. Sunny, temp -5 to +3

makinen_fan
18th January 2013, 11:38
Whos gravel crew is Seb Marshall btw?