PDA

View Full Version : Hinch to replace Patrick on GoDaddy.com homepage

heliocastroneves#3
11th July 2012, 12:20
Well, as the topic title says.. :D

Hinchcliffe replaces Patrick on homepage in 'contest'; Luyendyk in the finals of 'The Bachelorette' (http://www.indycar.com/News/2012/07-July/7-10-Hinch-on-the-homepage)

Now GoDaddy has a real driver as spokesman, not some semi-pretty face, mediocre driver. I already took a look on Patrick's fan site and it's so awesome to see them all being mad on GoDaddy's decision... I don't even consider them as fans, but as people with a big obsession for Danica.

FIAT1
11th July 2012, 14:44
Well, as the topic title says.. :D

Hinchcliffe replaces Patrick on homepage in 'contest'; Luyendyk in the finals of 'The Bachelorette' (http://www.indycar.com/News/2012/07-July/7-10-Hinch-on-the-homepage)

Now GoDaddy has a real driver as spokesman, not some semi-pretty face, mediocre driver. I already took a look on Patrick's fan site and it's so awesome to see them all being mad on GoDaddy's decision... I don't even consider them as fans, but as people with a big obsession for Danica.

I think it's good pr for the day as Indycar is concerened, but I prefer looks of Danica against any other dude any time. Racing skill? Well ,we know that in her case and old irl, it was never about racing talent , but I do admire her savvy on how to make money and laugh all the way to the bank, she is good looking and pleasant surviving in tough world of men therefore I'm her fan. Only down side is that she is not in Indycar as I don't watch demolition derby on regular basis.

00steven
12th July 2012, 06:27
Great news for Indycar. Hinch is the guy we need to lead the future.

anthonyvop
12th July 2012, 07:12
I think it's good pr for the day as Indycar is concerened,

And we all know what a great benefit the whole Go-Daddy?Danica PR machine was for IndyCar

FIAT1
12th July 2012, 13:17
And we all know what a great benefit the whole Go-Daddy?Danica PR machine was for IndyCar

I think it helped more than it hurt and we all know that Indycar has bigger issues than DP.

heliocastroneves#3
12th July 2012, 17:40
We also know that this is the beginning of Danica losing GoDaddy... If Hinch will keep driving upfront (where from I'm pretty sure he will) and Danica will keep performing like she does now, mediocre, than GoDaddy will be in no time all about IndyCar and James Hinchcliffe and will everyone forget the mediocre former driver of the #7 car.

FIAT1
12th July 2012, 19:57
We also know that this is the beginning of Danica losing GoDaddy... If Hinch will keep driving upfront (where from I'm pretty sure he will) and Danica will keep performing like she does now, mediocre, than GoDaddy will be in no time all about IndyCar and James Hinchcliffe and will everyone forget the mediocre former driver of the #7 car.

Right, and that's why after racing elsewhere, with no talent ,she is still on the mind of some who can't sleep and are p...off, because she is raking it in, and making more $ than Indycar top talent and rest of the grid combined.

anthonyvop
13th July 2012, 21:14
I think it helped more than it hurt .

Opinion. Because it is politically incorrect nobody wants to talk about how many people were driven away by the All Danica/All the time racing league.

Call it sexism or misogyny it doesn't matter. The fact is many people were turned off by her attitude and the media's fawning.

heliocastroneves#3
13th July 2012, 21:57
Right, and that's why after racing elsewhere, with no talent ,she is still on the mind of some who can't sleep and are p...off, because she is raking it in, and making more $ than Indycar top talent and rest of the grid combined.
That's why I can't stand her, and love to bash on her. It's not right that she gets more attention for her 10th place than the winner...

FIAT1
13th July 2012, 23:37
That's why I can't stand her, and love to bash on her. It's not right that she gets more attention for her 10th place than the winner...

She's got the looks . Handle it!

FIAT1
13th July 2012, 23:53
Perhaps, but she was put in that position, and we know that whole irl deal was bs, therefore why bash her, she was a victim of circumstance that turned positive for her bank acct. and it's very clear that she is on the mine of some people here who can't get a grip and let it be.

anthonyvop
14th July 2012, 02:15
Perhaps, but she was put in that position, and we know that whole irl deal was bs, therefore why bash her, she was a victim of circumstance that turned positive for her bank acct. and it's very clear that she is on the mine of some people here who can't get a grip and let it be.

I Don't blame Danica at all. She took the money and ran in a manner of speaking.

I blame the media who were and are afraid to admit that is she didn't have a Vagina she would be most probably out of racing today. 14 years of professional racing in top teams with only 1 dubious win to show for it and nobody says anything?

heliocastroneves#3
14th July 2012, 11:56
She's got the looks . Handle it!
If we talk about looks... Well then I prefer Sarah instead of her, to be honest.

Jag_Warrior
14th July 2012, 18:31
This is just another publicity stunt on the part of GoDaddy. As far as I know, Hinch never led the contest for even a day. In making the (temporary?) switch, the company even suggests that:

The company says it was fun to watch Hinchcliffe’s initiative grow, and decided to feature him on the site as a salute to his efforts, drive and passion.

Like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian before her, Danica "The Brand" knows how to give sponsors what they want: attention. What sponsors care most about is having the most eyeballs on their logos and products, not how many races a spokesman can win. I can't stand the sight of Danica. I've liked Hinch since he was floating around the Champ Car paddock years ago. And I agree that he (along with Hunter-Reay, et al) is the future, if there is to be a future. But this PR move by GoDaddy should be seen for what it is: just an attention grab. If Danica, or her PR people, went to GoDaddy and said, "you have to choose between us right this second, him or me!"... James would be out on his @$$ so fast it wouldn't be funny. Compared to Danica, James would have a hard time getting picked in a police line-up with a stolen bag of cash in his hand. Sure, that's not right. But that's the way it is.

garyshell
14th July 2012, 18:39
I Don't blame Danica at all.

I do. I blame the princess for her entitlement attitude. She is a spoiled brat and that is HER fault. She could take a page from the likes of Lynn St. James, Katherine Legge, Sarah Fisher, etc. etc.

Gary

FIAT1
14th July 2012, 19:48
I do. I blame the princess for her entitlement attitude. She is a spoiled brat and that is HER fault. She could take a page from the likes of Lynn St. James, Katherine Legge, Sarah Fisher, etc. etc.

Gary

I sense little jealousy here. Only thing she did was same thing, others you listed above ,wish they could. Spoiled, entitlement attitude ? Sure sounds like you describing Marco Andretti.

garyshell
14th July 2012, 19:55
I sense little jealousy here. Only thing she did was same thing, others you listed above ,wish they could. Spoiled, entitlement attitude ? Sure sounds like you describing Marco Andretti.

Jealousy, what a joke. I am not talking about her success, I am talking about her attitude. Lynn St. James, Katherine Legge and Sarah Fisher all wish they could have been recorded stomping down pit lane like a three year old? Or throwing other similar hissy fits? Hardly. As for the comparison to Marco, I fully agree and his father was even worse.

Gary

FIAT1
14th July 2012, 20:21
Jealousy, what a joke. I am not talking about her success, I am talking about her attitude. Lynn St. James, Katherine Legge and Sarah Fisher all wish they could have been recorded stomping down pit lane like a three year old? Or throwing other similar hissy fits? Hardly. As for the comparison to Marco, I fully agree and his father was even worse.

Gary

Stomping down pit lane I translate to passion for your craft and see nothing wrong with that. Look, she is a nice looking kid, that was giving opportunity ,took it and made it well for her self. She is not a great racer, but she is not that bad either. Some of us care more than others one way or the other , in my case I admire success and wish her well, and to be honest, what does it matter when she is not in Indycar, unless is pure hate for the person which is not cool. I'm gonna live it at that.

anthonyvop
14th July 2012, 20:55

Gary

I blame her for being totally low class that is for sure but I don't blame her for taking the money.

garyshell
14th July 2012, 21:05
I blame her for being totally low class that is for sure but I don't blame her for taking the money.

We're on the same page. (Per forum rules, I did clean up your post a bit. It was borderline I admit, but thought it best.)

Gary

bugeyedgomer
18th July 2012, 06:50
The new owners of Godaddy.com said that trash marketing is not the company's future.

Yes DanicaFan that is all it was because Bob Parsons is a greedy perv. He would sell your daughter's ass for a nickle.

beachbum
18th July 2012, 12:42

Opinion. Because it is politically incorrect nobody wants to talk about how many people were driven away by the All Danica/All the time racing league.

Call it sexism or misogyny it doesn't matter. The fact is many people were turned off by her attitude and the media's fawning.

I Don't blame Danica at all. She took the money and ran in a manner of speaking.

I blame the media who were and are afraid to admit that is she didn't have a Vagina she would be most probably out of racing today. 14 years of professional racing in top teams with only 1 dubious win to show for it and nobody says anything?

GaryThis thread is a perfect example of the evolution of the Danica "brand". Not very long ago, comments like the above that weren't glowing praise of her would energize a platoon of admirers who would flood the thread attacking anyone who dared to suggest she wasn't the "greatest". Now, not so much.

I think reality has set in. There are those who wanted to believe she could be the best female racer of all time (she isn't), and those who lived in some fantasy of a "hot chick" beating the "boys" at their own game. That didn't happen, even though she has managed to always move to a series like Nationwide where the competition is thinning, and she has always had top notch equipment, unlike other women in racing.

My personal opinion is that she is better than many of the female racers and just good enough to not be a total embarrassment. But she isn't the best. I have been offended by her pimping herself to get ahead, but even that I can excuse as most racers will do almost anything for a break. But the key is "almost anything". IMHO, she stepped over the line and played the sex card that other female racers have avoided like a plague.

Without a doubt she became a racing celebrity, not because of what she did on track, but because of what she did off track. Even that I could accept if she didn't behave like she believes her own hype and act like a spoiled brat, and the hype wasn't packed with distortions as it has been since day 1. It has always seemed she didn't care how she was judged as a competitor if the celebrity kept the "brand" valuable.

When the "brand" moved to NASCAR, I suggested in another forum that this would be a make or break move as the competition was deeper and ultimately performance matters. Either she would shine as her fanboys suggested, or she would show her mediocrity and stumble, which ultimately would damage the "brand". While she has shown some signs of speed in Nationwide, it is pretty obvious she isn't a regular threat for top 10's as she just isn't a "racer". Many of the NASCAR fans really do want to see results. Just look at how Junior's fans turned on him when he wasn't running up front. Even the lapdogs at ESPN have scaled back the coverage lately.

If her off track celebrity fades (she is getting older) , or she loses GoDaddy, her racing career may go away quickly.

The Danica effect will always be a racing footnote, but time will give the final verdict about her real legacy.