PDA

View Full Version : Vettel likely for Ferrari in 2014?

Knock-on
20th June 2012, 20:11
Stefano Domenicali is sure Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel 'could coexist' at Ferrari - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100512)

Stefano seems to think it can work and Bernies got inolved as well which adds weight to it.

Not too good a career mobe for Seb IMO as Fred will murder him.

jefezilla
20th June 2012, 20:28
I really hope he stays with Red Bull. It just wouldn't look right to see him in the red car.

Malbec
20th June 2012, 20:49
Stefano Domenicali is sure Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel 'could coexist' at Ferrari - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100512)

Stefano seems to think it can work and Bernies got inolved as well which adds weight to it.

Not too good a career mobe for Seb IMO as Fred will murder him.

I think Vettel is contracted to his eyeballs at RBR so any move to Ferrari would be in the distant future.

I find it odd that just because a team bod gets asked about a particular driver that according to media spin means they're about to move there. Webber though is a different proposition, I can see him replacing Massa for a year or two before he retires.

Knock-on
20th June 2012, 20:55
I think Seb is contracted to the end of 2013.

Knock-on
20th June 2012, 21:07
http://www.ferrari.com/english/formula1/news/headlines/Pages/120620-f1-two-generations-compared.aspx

CaptainRaiden
20th June 2012, 22:44
Good if he moves to Ferrari, whenever that is. Even more reason to bash him.

airshifter
21st June 2012, 04:59
I don't really think any good driver would want to go to Ferrari just to be made the #2 driver. And I think that fact will exist until Alonso starts to really fade and is nearing the end of his time at Ferrari. Which really is a shame, because the obvious #1 label for Fernando obviously kills some of the other drivers spirit and drive.

00steven
21st June 2012, 05:51
Not a chance.

Warriwa
21st June 2012, 10:23
Seb has expressed interest in moving to ferrari on more than one occasion. Vettel's pace would be better than Alonso's in my opinion.

SGWilko
21st June 2012, 10:41
I think that the pre-contract with Ferrari, and the existing contract with Red Bull both contain performance related clauses. Red Bull would have to meet certain criteria to keep him and Ferrari would likewise need to be at a certain level to be able to get him.

The smart money would also suggest there is a 'sublect to current team not meeting performance targets' clause in the Ferrari paperwork.

fandango
21st June 2012, 13:42
Talk is cheap. It's just an attempt to de-stabilise Red Bull.

CNR
21st June 2012, 14:02
it could explain why toro rosso replaced both drives
Ricciardo has been touted as a potential replacement for Mark Webber at Red Bull when his fellow Australian retires
this has been going around for a few years

wedge
21st June 2012, 14:39
I don't really think any good driver would want to go to Ferrari just to be made the #2 driver. And I think that fact will exist until Alonso starts to really fade and is nearing the end of his time at Ferrari. Which really is a shame, because the obvious #1 label for Fernando obviously kills some of the other drivers spirit and drive.

I'm surprised Alonso would be happy for Vettel but not for Hamilton as team mate.

If Vettel does sign for Ferrari then undoubtedly the #1 tag will not be a right for Alonso but would have to be earned.

Tazio
21st June 2012, 15:27
Who knows, I think Alonso is the superior driver, but how do we really compare them?
I think it would be less drama as neither are or were citizens of Italy, and I am continually amazed at how many won't let the Alonso/Boss debacle go. If it happened I would simply enjoy the ride (no pun intended) ;)

N. Jones
21st June 2012, 15:47
I am guessing that all of this talk about Vettel to Ferrari means that Kubica's days as a F1 racer are over??

Tazio
21st June 2012, 16:25
I am guessing that all of this talk about Vettel to Ferrari means that Kubica's days as a F1 racer are over??Unfortunately I believe, and have since day one that he is toast.

driveace
21st June 2012, 21:31
Alonso has said that he believes that he can work with either Hamilton or Vettel

GravettFan99
22nd June 2012, 01:47
Alonso has said that he believes that he can work with either Hamilton or Vettel

Surprised about the Hamilton bit, as I'd think that, after 2007, they would be discouraged and cringe at the thought of teaming up with each other, because they both want #1 status. :rolleyes: Now as for Vettel... maybe. :) He has said before that he has intentions of joining Ferrari at some point in his career...

GravettFan99
22nd June 2012, 01:48
Unfortunately I believe, and have since day one that he is toast.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1057764_o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/download.php?id=1057764&d=animatedgifs&n=facepalm-star-trek&s=o)

F1boat
22nd June 2012, 07:31
If Vettel leaves Red Bull to Ferrari, and this is a very big If, I think that he will once more surprise his fans in a pleasant way. I think that he is extremely fast and will cause problems for Fernando Alonso.

ShiftingGears
22nd June 2012, 11:38
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1057764_o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/download.php?id=1057764&d=animatedgifs&n=facepalm-star-trek&s=o)

What is so unreasonable about what you quoted? Surely you must acknowledge that chances of Kubica making a complete recovery from his injuries (i.e, able to retain his racing ability) are pretty slim.

I am guessing that all of this talk about Vettel to Ferrari means that Kubica's days as a F1 racer are over??

I don't see why Ferrari would remotely consider Kubica regardless of driver speculation.

GravettFan99
22nd June 2012, 19:48
What is so unreasonable about what you quoted? Surely you must acknowledge that chances of Kubica making a complete recovery from his injuries (i.e, able to retain his racing ability) are pretty slim.

No, the gif is supposed to show how I personally feel, as in "I am doing the facepalm because Kubica most likely won't come back", because I'd love to see him back. What the other guy said was in no way unreasonable to me, because I know Kubica had that rally crash last year, then this year, re-opened an old wound after slipping on ice. Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. :(

GravettFan99
22nd June 2012, 19:49
The number one status or at least being treated equally works fine presently at McLaren with Jenson and Lewis, so I dount Lewis would have too much of a problem going up against Fernando. You have to remember that in 2007 Lewis was brand new to the sport and was getting equal support from the team which Alonso felt was unfair as he thought he'd earnt number one status. Thats very different now because Hamilton is an acomplished driver and a World Champion, so these guys probably have alot more respect for each other. I wouldn't want to see Lewis go to Ferrari as IMO you can't really top McLaren, and hope its Vettel who makes this move.

Oh, I see where you're coming from. I didn't think of that. Definite like, looks like a great analyzation! :D

Garry Walker
24th June 2012, 11:07
Alonso would murder him in equal cars.

Zico
24th June 2012, 12:44
In a good car I think Vettel is probably a match for anyone, however if the car wasn't perfect I think Alonso would be able to drive around the problem better.. ..or putting it another way, if Alonso moved to Red Bull it would be far closer than if vice versa.
I also suspect as No1 driver and his close relationship with Ferrari, Alonso would be advantaged in ways Vettel wouldn't even know about.

Cant see this happening, as said above just speculation/silly talk to unsettle teams... I also doubt Vettel is that stupid either.

Paul Crossling
24th June 2012, 14:33
I am not surprised that Vettel has been linked with Ferrari, they are the most prestigious team around and every driver want to race for them.

I doubt he will go, Red Bull have supported him his entire career turned him into a World Champion twice and (once Webber leaves/retires) he will have undisputed number 1 status proberally with Ricciardo as a team-mate. At Ferrari he would be battling Alonso and they would end up taking points off each other before one is told to help the other

steveaki13
24th June 2012, 15:02
It would be interesting to see. I agree with many above. In a perfect car, it would be close, but In anything but that Alonso would wipe the floor

jens
24th June 2012, 18:23
I doubt Vettel is going to join Ferrari as long as Alonso is there. But... I think it is possible Vettel could join Ferrari, when he is around 30 years old and Alonso calls it a day or Ferrari wants to focus on a younger driver. They like to hire established stars and Vettel is bound to be on top of their list once Alonso's era is over. Also it is attractive for Vettel to end his career in Ferrari. At the moment there is no hurry to rush there though.

What concerns Alonso wiping the floor with Vettel... Well, don't count your chickens yet, especially when you are trying to predict things, which are potentially several years away even if they materialize. The currently supremely performing Alonso could well hit trouble one day as well. With every passing year Vettel is gaining more experience and time is more and more on his side compared to Alonso.

But as I said, I doubt it is going to happen. More likely it would be like the switch from Schumacher to Räikkönen. In 2016 at Monza it will be announced that Alonso retires and Vettel replaces him as the lead driver? :p :

Ranger
26th June 2012, 10:38
Some sources say it's done.

Ferrari, con Vettel c'è l'accordo. Dal 2014 sarà al Cavallino. Massa o Webber per il 2013 (http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/formula1/formula1/articoli/84848/ferrari-con-vettel-ce-laccordo.shtml)

BBC Sport - Formula 1 gossip and rumours from international media (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/gossip/)

Ferrari have concluded an agreement for Sebastian Vettel join Fernando Alonso at the team from 2014. They will offer Felipe Massa a performance-related deal to stay on as a stop-gap in 2013 but if that doesn't work out will make an offer for Mark Webber. To really secure Vettel's signing, they need to deliver a title for Alonso so the pairing is less confrontational with a more fulfilled Alonso.

It is also interesting that Mark Webber told Channel One that Ferrari have not approached him yet.

N4D13
26th June 2012, 14:57
As much as I'd expect Alonso to beat Vettel, it would be really close IMHO. I can't think of anyone who has been putting an excellent qualifying after another - besides from Vettel, of course. But it remains to be seen whether Vettel can cope with a poor car, if he can manage his tyres or if he can show the kind of calculated aggression that Alonso shows every time he is in trouble. We all know that Alonso is a very complete driver and all that stuff, but Vettel is FAST. I'd just expect Alonso to be more consistent.

Garry Walker
26th June 2012, 20:33
breaking up with his sugar daddy Helmut Marko for bieber? I'd love to see that.