PDA

View Full Version : How many different winners will there be in 2012?

Ranger
12th June 2012, 14:36
Just a bit of fun, and to see who got it right at the end of the season. :D

Obviously there have already been seven winners, with 10 drivers having been on the podium to date.

I will go with the 1982 record of 11.

Knock-on
12th June 2012, 15:07
I think there is a possible 1 more but the signs are that some of the teams are getting a grip with the tyres so natural order will be restored. Although Ferrari and RBR misjudged it a bit, we are seeing that you can make these tyres work unless you abuse them and if you abuse them in the window they are designed for, then they behave as they should do.

Firstgear
12th June 2012, 15:35
I said 8 as well - the additional one being Kimi at Spa.

Robinho
12th June 2012, 16:25
There is an outside chance of Michael, Massa or the 2 Lotus guys winning a race, i can't see anyone else getting ahead of the other previous winners. That said, I doubt all 4 will win, so I think maybe only 1 more winner this year, the rest of the season will likely be split between Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel and maybe Rosberg and Button

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Knock-on
12th June 2012, 16:39
There is an outside chance of Michael, Massa or the 2 Lotus guys winning a race, i can't see anyone else getting ahead of the other previous winners. That said, I doubt all 4 will win, so I think maybe only 1 more winner this year, the rest of the season will likely be split between Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel and maybe Rosberg and Button

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Massa winning a GP. More chance of Englnd winning the Cup :D

Robinho
12th June 2012, 16:46
Massa winning a GP. More chance of Englnd winning the Cup :D

I did say an outside chance, he now has the car capable of winning and if the planets aligned, there was a favourable wind and a few others tripped over each other it could happen

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Knock-on
12th June 2012, 17:22
1. Top ten drivers take each other out on first lap.
2. Massa drives a faultless race and doesn't chuck it off.
3. Pigs fuelled and ready to fly.

:laugh:

schmenke
12th June 2012, 18:21
Indeed, Massa will not win a race this season. His best finish to date has been 6th whereas others in lesser teams have been scoring podiums.

I can see either of the two Renaultus drivers winning a race though :up: .

zako85
12th June 2012, 21:55
We already had 7 different winners. The list of drivers who are still somewhat likely to win but who haven't won yet is pretty short. My subjective belief is that there is still a good likelihood that at least one Lotus driver will win a race and perhaps Schumacher. If I was going to err on the low side, I would say we will have 8 different winners. If I was to err on the high side, I would say that we could have 9 different winners. I would like to error on the low side because the dominant teams (RedBull McLaren and Ferrari) have more resources to keep developing their cars through the season, and so the usual top 3 cars will assert their superiority over the rest of field.

gm99
12th June 2012, 22:16
I go with nine - one of the Lotus drivers (Kimi at Spa being a good bet), and maybe Schumacher (if he manages to lose his bad luck for once) or Perez, possibly at Monza.

Zico
13th June 2012, 00:21
I'll go with 8 or 9... 8 if pushed I think..

.. and if (as I first thought) the poll had been about the amount of different winners in a row from the start of the season I'd have gone with no more than the incredible current record of 7. ;)

i_max2k2
13th June 2012, 05:50
I have just put 10, 7 there, and I think there is a fair chance of Schmi and Kimi getting up there, and perhaps Massa or Grosjean maybe ? who knows.

CNR
13th June 2012, 08:21
i will add a Toro Rosso driver ?
Formula 1 (http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2008/822.html)

How many winners will there be in 2012? one for each race

jens
13th June 2012, 14:37
Based on the season so far, it is hard to exclude the possibility of a Lotus or Sauber win. Both have already got close to a win. We just need more races in conditions suitable for them and then the circumstances/strategy/luck need to go their way.

Besides this we can't exclude the possibility of a mid-season resurgence of some other team, like Force India or Toro Rosso. Who would have thought after the first half of 2008 that STR was actually going to win a race that year? Or who even before Spa '09 believed Force India can challenge for P1? With the season being as tight as it is, it just takes some kind of a breakthrough tweak for these teams to turn things around.

11 different winners? Sounds much for most, but who knows. :p : But have to admit that every additional winner from now onwards is bound to be a rare occurence rather than normality like so far.

ShiftingGears
13th June 2012, 14:43
Eleven winners would most likely mean that both Lotuses, Perez and Schumacher would have to win, and I don't see that happening. Making predictions has generally proved unwise for most this season, but I am going to say 9, maximum.

airshifter
13th June 2012, 14:51
I'm going to go with 9. I can see Perez getting a win, and possibly even Kobayashi. And though Grosjean has done quite well, as long as Spa exists there is a good chance for Kimi to score a win.

Ranger
13th June 2012, 17:31
Based on the season so far, it is hard to exclude the possibility of a Lotus or Sauber win. Both have already got close to a win. We just need more races in conditions suitable for them and then the circumstances/strategy/luck need to go their way.

Besides this we can't exclude the possibility of a mid-season resurgence of some other team, like Force India or Toro Rosso. Who would have thought after the first half of 2008 that STR was actually going to win a race that year? Or who even before Spa '09 believed Force India can challenge for P1? With the season being as tight as it is, it just takes some kind of a breakthrough tweak for these teams to turn things around.

11 different winners? Sounds much for most, but who knows. :p : But have to admit that every additional winner from now onwards is bound to be a rare occurence rather than normality like so far.

I have placed that bet based on Grosjean, Raikkonen, Perez and Schumacher somehow winning a race.

Unlikely, but if the local betting agency was taking bets for it I'd put some money down. :D

Wasted Talent
13th June 2012, 18:13
1. Top ten drivers take each other out on first lap.
2. Massa drives a faultless race and doesn't chuck it off.
3. Pigs fuelled and ready to fly.

:laugh:

You missed the primary reason why Massa won't win a GP this season.......he won't be allowed to if Alonso is still running.

Be nice to see another 2 or three winners over the balance of the season but I have voted for 8 as I think the bigger teams will be monopolising the wins from now on

WT

52Paddy
14th June 2012, 00:24
I chose 9. I think Schumacher, Raikkonen and Perez could win a race on merit given the right situation (car and tyres responding well, good quali performance, reliability sound). Though I don't expect all three to find themselves in that situation before the end of the year. If Schumacher can repeat his Monaco weekend but actually start on pole and maintain his pace, it's realistic to expect a win from him. If Raikkonen can find a bit more of his previous fire, you can't count him out. And if Perez can build on his blinding performances in Malaysia and Canada, it's plausible to consider him as a winner. I reckon only two of those drivers will actually live up to it though.

As outside contenders I see Massa and Grosjean but only at the expense of more talented contenders dropping out.

Mekola
14th June 2012, 17:07
I'll go with 8. Perhaps Schumi, Pérez or Raikkonen could get a win this year.

seb_sh
15th June 2012, 12:12
I voted 9. It seems quite possible that a Lotus driver will get a win in the right conditions and there might be a chance for Perez, Schumacher, the other Lotus driver or less likely but still possible a surprise from Force India or STR but seeing as the top 3 teams are pulling away, other than the Lotus win the chance for the rest winning in a "normal" race is slim.

Paul Crossling
24th June 2012, 15:38
I have voted for ten, we already have seven and I can see both Lotus cars winning before the end of the season, then we have the likes of Schumacher/Massa/Di Resta/Perez who is circumstances fall their way could find themselves winning

jens
24th June 2012, 19:21
Grosjean was close to being the 8th one in a row, so we could easily get several more as the season progresses.

F1boat
24th June 2012, 22:10
Mikey and one of the Lotus drivers can win the race IMO.

donKey jote
24th June 2012, 22:16
I reckon both Lotii are in with a chance if the conditions are right...