PDA

View Full Version : FIA forces Red Bull to make another change!

gloomyDAY
9th June 2012, 17:20
Red Bull Racing forced to modify its wheel hub design - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100230)

What about Williams' rear-wing? Mercedes' double DRS? Ferrari's new exhaust? Now it just seems like Red Bull are being overly scrutinized and picked on for trivial reasons.

seppefan
9th June 2012, 22:40
Interesting Title to this thread. "FIA makes..... " Just wonder if actually it could be Ferrari. Remember they have a veto unlike any other team on all regulatory changes and lets remember the FIA did confirm the Red Bull was legal. Who/what made them change their mind..

gloomyDAY
9th June 2012, 23:30
Does Ferrari still have veto power? Ridiculous if true.

seppefan
9th June 2012, 23:34
Does Ferrari still have veto power? Ridiculous if true.

Sadly they have had for a number of years. Ridiculous and true.

airshifter
10th June 2012, 13:31
This was an interesting one. Every car has cooling features, and it all has to exit at some point. If there was too much brake cooling then it would affect performance. I'd wonder where they "draw the line". Maybe better views will show that air is being channeled and not used for cooling, as the animation from this link leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Ferrari, I haven't seen a case of their preferential treatment in some time. I think a lot of that left the team with Ross Brawn. It's interesting that the "double DRS" was found legal quickly, even though it requires driver activation and a moving aerodynamic device to operate. ;)

Garry Walker
10th June 2012, 13:33
Red Bull Racing forced to modify its wheel hub design - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100230)

What about Williams' rear-wing? Mercedes' double DRS? Ferrari's new exhaust? Now it just seems like Red Bull are being overly scrutinized and picked on for trivial reasons.

Maybe RedBull should stop cheating so much.

gloomyDAY
10th June 2012, 14:24
Maybe RedBull should stop cheating so much.They're not cheating. They've been within the rules and never deemed to have an illegal car at any of the races. Maybe the FIA should quit putting their balls into Ferrari's purse and show some consistency.

seppefan
10th June 2012, 15:32
Ferrari have been complaining to the FIA about aspects of the Red Bull along with McLaren for the past few seasons so what makes you think the FIA are suddenly siding with Ferrari? Red Bull have enjoyed a long period of scrutineering by the governing body and got away with Flexi wings and allsorts. What they have done with the floor of their car and with the brake ducts is fundementally illegal under the sporting regulations! Simple as that. They have adjusted their car like they should and got on with things. Lets quit the ridiculous conspiracy theories and look at the cold hard facts. :)

Which are that Ferrari have a veto on changes. Check it out before responding as it has been the case for a while. That is apart from them being paid more than any other team but hey that is another story.

seppefan
10th June 2012, 15:35
The French Court ruling this week has exposed a hidden fact among the rank and file of F1; that hidden fact is in the form of a veto privilege that was given to Ferrari upon breaking ranks with the GPWC in 2005 and resigning the Concorde Agreement. This veto gave Ferrari the power to affect the FIA regulations rulings and was the main focus of their bid to seek and injunction against the FIA regarding the 2010 regulation changes recently published.
Apparently Sir Frank Williams had not known of this “veto” power Ferrari possessed and one can presume that other teams were not privy to it as well. Shades of back room dealings via the FIA and FOM. Sir Frank was nonplussed by the veto option Ferrari posses as he seems to think it offers an unfair advantage saying:

“I think many of us thought it mainly made a commercial advantage and that would be what they deserve,” said the Williams F1 team boss.
“They’ve had many years under this Concorde agreement and the previous one in a very privileged position, which if it had been known previously would not have gone down very well, I think, with the competition authorities in Brussels,” added Williams.
“Ferrari don’t really need this help. They’re a very, very strong and wealthy team. “It will be a great shame if they do go but if they go, I hope that it won’t be in a fit of pique.”
this veto, which MAx says has expired, is also being suggested as the means of a law suit that Bernie Ecclestone could use should Ferrari decide to not enter the series in 2010. Rumor suggests that Bernie recognizes the Courts ruling as acknowledging the veto power Ferrari posses and this would also indicate that they are in fact obligated to the remainder of the Concorde Agreement which expires in 2012. Ferrari see it differently of course. The regulations changes without respect of the due process offered Ferrari is something they would argue negates the Concorde Agreement and ushers in a breach of contract. The legal battles may just be starting and how odd that would be for a sport void of such trivial, litigious notions. Anyone interested in racing anymore? I hear NASCAR, ALMS, Indycar and Le Mans are putting on a great show.

pino
10th June 2012, 15:47
Guys what's the topic of this thread ? Red Bull, FIA...or Ferrari ? :confused:

seppefan
10th June 2012, 16:02
Guys what's the topic of this thread ? Red Bull, FIA...or Ferrari ? :confused:

Fair point. This thread about FIA and Red Bull. Separate one now re ....

Big Ben
11th June 2012, 07:19
don't forget the freemasons.. I'm sure they are up to something too

Garry Walker
11th June 2012, 16:05
don't forget the freemasons.. I'm sure they are up to something too

Surley the jews also have some blame in all of this.

Tazio
11th June 2012, 16:16
Surley the jews also have some blame in all of this. :cool: ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssnap for the holocaust :arrows: ;(

Hawkmoon
14th June 2012, 04:46
They're not cheating. They've been within the rules and never deemed to have an illegal car at any of the races. Maybe the FIA should quit putting their balls into Ferrari's purse and show some consistency.

Do you think the scrutineers sit down with the rule book and check see that all 24 cars meet every single technical specification between qualifying and the race? I seriously doubt that. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can find a list of the parts checked on each car on the FIA website and it's a long way short of the whole car. So the fact that the Red Bull passed scrutineering doesn't mean it's been legal all this time and that FIA have just decided to move the goal posts, it just means that the parts that were checked were OK.

I also find it interesting that McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari all questioned the legality of the Red Bull floor yet you seem think the FIA are only checking the Red Bull because Ferrari told them to. Were McLaren and Mercedes merely doing as Ferrari told them?

Malbec
14th June 2012, 12:55
I also find it interesting that McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari all questioned the legality of the Red Bull floor yet you seem think the FIA are only checking the Red Bull because Ferrari told them to. Were McLaren and Mercedes merely doing as Ferrari told them?

These Ferrari conspiracy theories are way out of date.

I've just finished "No Angel" which is Bernie's official biography and while its flawed and IMO biased, it does shed a lot of light on how the decision making process is completely skewed by commercial considerations and personal feuds within F1, illustrated by Max's comment after fining McLaren "thats $5 million for stealing secrets from Ferrari and 95$ million for Ron being a twat".

There is no doubt that both Ferrari and Schumacher had very favourable decisions made through the '90's when Bernie thought that his wins would be good for the sport, but lately that has been countered by a big spat between LdM and Bernie over the ownership of F1. Of course that hasn't stopped Bernie from occasionally giving Ferrari a good deal to split up FOTA or the GPWC to get a new Concorde agreement signed but the days when Ferrari could expect to cheat blatantly and walk free are over, especially now Max has gone and Todt doesn't want to get too involved in F1.

Flavio learnt this the hard way, after years of getting away with cheating at Benetton/Renault he went too far, had a massive fight with Max while trying to oust him and got expelled from the sport once Max learnt about Singapore 2008.