PDA

View Full Version : Sir Jackie Stewart

WRCfan
10th May 2012, 09:16
Hi all,

My first foray over from the Rallying forums. I am posting as I am wishing to make contact either by email or post mail with Sir Jackie Stewart for my thesis.

If anyone could point me in the correct direction on how to contact him would be fantastic.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

WRCfan

SGWilko
10th May 2012, 16:36
An approach to the BRDC might be a good starting point.

Contact | British Racing Drivers' Club (http://www.brdc.co.uk/Contact-2)

Tazio
11th May 2012, 06:55
Is your thesis going to include the life and times of JYS after he became old and, over-opinionated, or is it just going to be about his racing, a fun guy off the track but a terminator on it? I watched him at a very impressionable age and he was my favorite pilot hands down. Now it seem like he's in a contest with Niki Lauda, and Damon Hill to see who can talk the most nonsense. ;)

SGWilko
11th May 2012, 09:18
Is your thesis going to include the life and times of JYS after he became old and, over-opinionated, or is it just going to be about his racing, a fun guy off the track but a terminator on it? I watched him at a very impressionable age and he was my favorite pilot hands down. Now it seem like he's in a contest with Niki Lauda, and Damon Hill to see who can talk the most nonsense. ;)

Grumpy Old Man syndrome! It'll get us all in the end. In fact, my wife has strict instructions to shoot me on my 60th birthday before I completely turn into my father!!!!!

WRCfan
13th May 2012, 12:07
Thanks for the replies everyone! I am currently researching the social impacts of motorsport accidents on the sport and it's governing bodies. I am wishing to reference Sir Jackie Stewart in a case study for how hard drivers had to fight in previous years for adequate safety and how often their cries went unheard.

Having some personal communication references from someone such as Sir Jackie Stewart would be a great reference for anyone reading the thesis upon completion.

Will make sure to hide the completed thesis from Damon and Niki ;)