PDA

View Full Version : Barmy Army

HondaRacingFan
26th April 2012, 13:43
Apart from swigging excessive amounts of beer, making a load of unnecessary noise, supporting one of the most ignorant, egotistical and dirtiest drivers in the BTCC. What is the point of the "Barmy Army" ?

Allyc85
26th April 2012, 16:42
Never heard of it myself, is this a new thing?

HondaRacingFan
27th April 2012, 05:55
Never heard of it myself, is this a new thing?

No they've been around for some time now mate. Just they get worse each year. Bit like the driving standards of the driver they worship.

Jak
27th April 2012, 08:21
No they've been around for some time now mate. Just they get worse each year. Bit like the driving standards of the driver they worship.

I think it's very unfair to insult people you don't know just because they don't support your chosen Team ... bit childish.

In actual fact they are a great bunch of guys and gals (I've chatted to them on numerous occasions when I have been fortunate to attend a meeting) who travel from venue to venue, enjoy their motor sport and cause no trouble to anyone, they support Plato and a few other drivers but my goodness they have committed a grave sin (in your biggoted opinion) - they don't support Honda.

Allyc85
27th April 2012, 13:26

Why dont you just say exactly what you mean? Ive been watching BTCC since I was 7 and been to Thruxton since 2001 and ive never seen or heard of this barmy army!

And its laughable that you slag off a drivers standards when one of your own always relies on daddy for a driver and contact to get past!

Iain
27th April 2012, 20:19
It's a group of like minded people meeting up to have fun and do something they enjoy. I see no problem with that at all. After all, this forum had a similar social group 10 year ago, as well as other websites and there was good natured friendly banter between them.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

HondaRacingFan
27th April 2012, 22:41
I think it's very unfair to insult people you don't know just because they don't support your chosen Team ... bit childish.

In actual fact they are a great bunch of guys and gals (I've chatted to them on numerous occasions when I have been fortunate to attend a meeting) who travel from venue to venue, enjoy their motor sport and cause no trouble to anyone, they support Plato and a few other drivers but my goodness they have committed a grave sin (in your biggoted opinion) - they don't support Honda.

Just for the record mate im a ex Plato fan (RMLCRUZEING82), so don't give me that crap. Also My wife was good friends with alot of the BM members Via facebook, only to get crapped on because she decided to support Honda racing and Flash with myself.

HondaRacingFan
27th April 2012, 22:51
Why dont you just say exactly what you mean? Ive been watching BTCC since I was 7 and been to Thruxton since 2001 and ive never seen or heard of this barmy army!

And its laughable that you slag off a drivers standards when one of your own always relies on daddy for a driver and contact to get past!

Keep it in the family i say. Neal's earned his place on the grid. So has Plato but my problem with Plato and my wife feels exactly the same, he is a up his own ass these days and treats most of his fans like crap. My wife found that out first hand twice at Oulton park and Croft last year, so she along with myself decided to support drivers that respect there fans.

Robinho
28th April 2012, 11:45
It's a group of like minded people meeting up to have fun and do something they enjoy. I see no problem with that at all. After all, this forum had a similar social group 10 year ago, as well as other websites and there was good natured friendly banter between them.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

To be fair, that similar group were awesome :-)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

AlrightTreacle?
28th April 2012, 12:39
Just for the record mate im a ex Plato fan (RMLCRUZEING82), so don't give me that crap. Also My wife was good friends with alot of the BM members Via facebook, only to get crapped on because she decided to support Honda racing and Flash with myself.

Are u sure that was the reason fella? Jus' sayin'........

HondaRacingFan
1st May 2012, 19:57
Are u sure that was the reason fella? Jus' sayin'........

Yeah that's spot on what happened.

Allyc85
1st May 2012, 19:58
After all ive said, guess which group of fans I passed on my way to the complex on Sunday? :laugh: :laugh:

Eurotech
8th May 2012, 20:56
To be honest they're not hard to spot... I remember their reaction when Plato rolled at Donington last year. I believe they were also at the WTCC round too supporting Huffy like everyone else who was there

Not a "deadman"
15th May 2013, 20:23
Apart from swigging excessive amounts of beer, making a load of unnecessary noise, supporting one of the most ignorant, egotistical and dirtiest drivers in the BTCC. What is the point of the "Barmy Army" ?

At least they do seem to be real people enjoyin motorsport, not like certain people on social networking sites who seem to be council flat dwellers with multiple id's who live a lie behind a computer keyboard.

Rollo
16th May 2013, 00:16

Is this like a metaphysical and/or philosophical question? The same question could equally be asked of the supporters of any football club or indeed of the Barmy Army as applied to the England Cricket team.

"swigging excessive amounts of beer, making a load of unnecessary noise" sounds like a great day out to me.

And as for the comment of "one of the most ignorant, egotistical and dirtiest drivers in the BTCC", motor racing drivers in general all have egos the size of Texas. Without knowing who you are talking about, this statement could be applied to every driver in the field.

JasonPotato
16th May 2013, 15:22
Well being a 'Honda fan' it's pretty obvious who i would say he's talking about but i think he should be looking closer to home.

TheFamousEccles
17th May 2013, 01:45
I thought the Barmy Army were cricket fans that travelled with the English team when the Ashes series is playing in Australia? I've had the pleasure of watching a test match at Adelaide oval in the near vicinity of the Army, and they sang and drank their day away - no problems from them, but lots of problems for pissed up Aussie kiddies who wanted to fight the first person who sneezed!

Maybe they've branched out into motor racing? :)