PDA

View Full Version : Sebastien Loeb vs.....

Pages : [1] 2

A.F.F.
13th April 2012, 15:55
For past years Loeb has had only four opponents who in theory can beat him.

Mikko Hirvonen who's weapon was consistency. Meaning steadily gather best possible points from every rally and hope that something happens to Loeb. One time this strategy almost workeed. Speedwise Hirvonen could not match Loeb most of the rallies and on tarmac he had no chance. Now Mikko is second driver of the team so he is not a threat for Loeb, like he never really was.

Jari-Matti Latvala who no with Ogier's absence is the only one to challenge Loeb speedwise, but only on snow and gravel. The problem for Latvala is that he has to push over the maximum to par Loeb's pace that he often goes over it and retires. He may win in single rallyes but never the whole championship.

Sebastien Ogier who probably is the biggest threat in the future, especially when he gets more milage under his belt. But this year, cruising with S2000 Fabia, who remembers him?

Daniel Sordo who is a threat only on tarmac.

If stars and Gandalf and lady fortuna were favourable, one driver could in theory win the championship is Sordo would steal tarmac wins, Latvala few gravels, one retirement for Loeb etc....

I'm sorry, there's really no point in this thread, I just needed to get this out of my head. I'm not wishing bad things for Loeb as he is one of the greatest driver but it is one of the biggest reasons IMO that WRC is so unhealthy at the moment :mark:

N.O.T
13th April 2012, 16:01
Damn you loeb !!!! Damn you i tell ya !!!!

LOLRZZZ.....

RS
13th April 2012, 16:07
Losing the best driver would not make the championship healthier. I can see Loeb continuing for one more year; Neuville is not ready to step into his shoes yet...

Don't be too sad though, I think the future is bright with Ogier, Neuville, Mikkelsen, maybe Tanak all coming up.

whosyo
13th April 2012, 16:16
Hey guys, don't forget the P.Solberg
He's defininitely got some skills to beat the Loeb..

Barreis
13th April 2012, 16:16
For past years Loeb has had only four opponents who in theory can beat him.

Mikko Hirvonen who's weapon was consistency. Meaning steadily gather best possible points from every rally and hope that something happens to Loeb. One time this strategy almost workeed. Speedwise Hirvonen could not match Loeb most of the rallies and on tarmac he had no chance. Now Mikko is second driver of the team so he is not a threat for Loeb, like he never really was.

Jari-Matti Latvala who no with Ogier's absence is the only one to challenge Loeb speedwise, but only on snow and gravel. The problem for Latvala is that he has to push over the maximum to par Loeb's pace that he often goes over it and retires. He may win in single rallyes but never the whole championship.

Sebastien Ogier who probably is the biggest threat in the future, especially when he gets more milage under his belt. But this year, cruising with S2000 Fabia, who remembers him?

Daniel Sordo who is a threat only on tarmac.

If stars and Gandalf and lady fortuna were favourable, one driver could in theory win the championship is Sordo would steal tarmac wins, Latvala few gravels, one retirement for Loeb etc....

I'm sorry, there's really no point in this thread, I just needed to get this out of my head. I'm not wishing bad things for Loeb as he is one of the greatest driver but it is one of the biggest reasons IMO that WRC is so unhealthy at the moment :mark:

WRC started to be unhealthy when paying drivers took role of works guys.

A.F.F.
13th April 2012, 17:06

Also very true. :up:

A.F.F.
13th April 2012, 17:20
Hey guys, don't forget the P.Solberg
He's defininitely got some skills to beat the Loeb..

Petter used to have. Unfortunately not anymore.

Barreis
13th April 2012, 18:40
He lost some confidence but with one win, everything can change.

tfp
13th April 2012, 19:22
I was gutted when I heard about this. Looks like Solberg will be the only competitor now, only it seems he just cant win anymore(Although I'd very, very much love to be proven wrong) Mikko has never been a title contendor since he signed for Citroen at the end of last year and now Latvala is out of championship running altogethor....

Looks like Loeb and Citroen may aswel crack the champagne open and celebrate the championship again.

The question I'm thinking of is which event will he clinch the title? I reckon Loeb will clinch the title in France.

Barreis
13th April 2012, 19:29
Petter is only 4 points behind and everybody says the title is over. How can that be?!

DonJippo
13th April 2012, 19:34

Damn you Carlos Sainz!

tfp
13th April 2012, 19:43
Honestly, can you see anything different hapening this year? If I am wrong at the end of the year, I will upload a picture of me eating my hat :)

tmx
13th April 2012, 20:08
You're forgetting Petter, he has unfinished business with Mr. Loeb, but this year is his last chance to settle it.

tfp
13th April 2012, 20:14
You're forgetting Petter, he has unfinished business with Mr. Loeb, but this year is his last chance to settle it.

I diddnt forget Petter unfortunately, I think getting another rally win for him (or more, if he stays as a manu driver for ford) but as for the championship..... :(

N.O.T
13th April 2012, 20:16

unfinished business ? since when ?

tfp
13th April 2012, 20:55

Come to think of it, why do you say "last chance" ? I'm hoping he stays in WRC for a bit longer than this year!

grugsticles
14th April 2012, 01:30
/ raises hand for the Petter bandwagon

With JML having lost his realistic chance of competing through poor results and now personal injury, for MW might put his support behind Petter at team leader, officially or not.
Its a long shot, but if Loeb decides to shoot himself in the foot a couple of times (not unheard of with a couple of big off's in the last couple of years) then the consistency game might work for Petter.

I hate to say it, but it might just be number 9 for the French Cyborg.

tmx
14th April 2012, 03:46
Come to think of it, why do you say "last chance" ? I'm hoping he stays in WRC for a bit longer than this year! There are too many rising stars aiming to take his seat and to beat the likes of him, not to mention Jari Mikko and Ogier. He haven't shown the outright pace like earlier days with Phil (I missed seeing the chemistry and bond between those two), I was surprised Mads beat him at Sweden. Ogier, Mads, Evgeny, Ott, Thierry are the next generation.

Whether its due to driving more sensible as he aged, it seems to work for him this time and the rallies format for this season help a bit. Next three rallies are very important for Petter since those are the ones he's been strong at. He actually is doing pretty well nearly a decade on after his last championship, I just hope he wins one before Schumacher does.

Plan9
14th April 2012, 04:05
Don't forget about Meeke; so he has not been rallying but he was fast last year after spending half of 2010-11 not doing anything much. He will no the mini inside and out by now and if he can get a seat next year he will be potent. He has also done shakedowns off all rallies last year so should be okay for familiarity.

N.O.T
14th April 2012, 11:22
Don't forget about Meeke; so he has not been rallying but he was fast last year after spending half of 2010-11 not doing anything much. He will no the mini inside and out by now and if he can get a seat next year he will be potent. He has also done shakedowns off all rallies last year so should be okay for familiarity.

LOOOOOOOOOL

amazing....

General Prim
14th April 2012, 12:02
Damn you Carlos Sainz!

It is easy to say that for Finnish people who try to find a works seat with help of other Finnish drivers but for a Spaniard that was impossible, but at least he won two WRC titles, isn'it?, but please try to find other words for your comments, kiitos

10jauney
14th April 2012, 19:29
Maybe for the past few years Mikko, JML, Ogier were Loeb's most serious opponents.

But this year only Petter can do it. Let's not forget he did it before.

In fact, to this day he's the only one who can claim: 'I became World Champion while competing against Loeb!'

tmx
28th April 2012, 08:30
This is more dominating than Schumacher was, I usually follow a rally by looking at the stage times until Loeb leads by 20seconds or the Ford manu team crashes, which means end of rally for me.

Its been pass due Sordo arrived at Ford though, he should get a seat with them and ditch BMW, he has the consistency to get manu points and challenge Mikko + Loeb on tarmac. Malcolm gets him because of his record of consistency, which somehow is better than the current two official drivers. Not saying he is as fast as Latvala and Ogier, but base on his demeanor after leaving Citroen he doesn't seem to be effected by the Rubinho syndrome.

tfp
28th April 2012, 18:52
This is more dominating than Schumacher was, I usually follow a rally by looking at the stage times until Loeb leads by 20seconds or the Ford manu team crashes, which means end of rally for me.

In the Ferrari/Shoe days he was the only one capable of winning (and perhaps Hakinen if he was lucky). Meanwhile in the WRC there was Gronholm, Makinen, Mcrae, Burnsy, Sainz....THAT was real competition. Nowadays in WRC there is only one winner, and F1 has a different winner for each event so far this season...How the tables turn!

Plan9
29th April 2012, 04:28
Do you guys think there is any correlation between Loeb's dominance and declining viewer figures (if they are declining that is, I am not sure myself) or is it something else?

AndyRAC
29th April 2012, 10:19
Do you guys think there is any correlation between Loeb's dominance and declining viewer figures (if they are declining that is, I am not sure myself) or is it something else?

It is possibly one of many reasons. However, to be blunt, it just isn't a very good series. A fantastic sport, but let down by various stake holders.

wrchirek
13th May 2012, 22:03
Séb took part this weekend on French Porsche Cup in Pau in his own team's car. Saturday he was 1st on qualifying, then won the first race in the evening, and finally today he won the 2nd race as well. Respect.

http://www.grandprixdepau.com/

N.O.T
13th May 2012, 22:20
Séb took part this weekend on French Porsche Cup in Pau in his own team's car. Saturday he was 1st on qualifying, then won the first race in the evening, and finally today he won the 2nd race as well. Respect.

The guy is a mutant...

AndyRAC
13th May 2012, 22:34

Very impressive he was as well, especially last night - he pulled out 0.9 sec lead after the first lap, on cold tyres. Great to see him in a proper car, and running his own team. Think his future is in GT/LMP cars.

N.O.T
13th May 2012, 22:37
it would be a pity if such a guy with his talent and experience doesn't devote in finding new talent or developing them for rallying after he is done...

he can race in track ladyboy sports in his spare time.

J4MIE
20th May 2012, 00:04
Vive Sébastien :)

janvanvurpa
23rd May 2012, 17:44
Very impressive he was as well, especially last night - he pulled out 0.9 sec lead after the first lap, on cold tyres. Great to see him in a proper car, and running his own team. Think his future is in GT/LMP cars.

I hear its something fun to do .....

when you're old and worn out.

I did moto-cross till my 30s then all worn out did rally till mid 40s..
I turned 59 a few months ago and I had a thought about "Hmmmmmmmm maybe a road course..."

Senility!

tmx
27th May 2012, 08:36
That's the end of WRC 2012 season for me, I'll check back next year. This one is double face palm for the Ford team.

tfp
27th May 2012, 09:58
That's the end of WRC 2012 season for me, I'll check back next year. This one is double face palm for the Ford team.

And me, I'll still watch NORF but thats about it for me for this season.

Franky
27th May 2012, 10:41
What kind of rally fans you two are?

A FONDO
27th May 2012, 10:51
bored

A FONDO
27th May 2012, 11:37
At least there's a progression, this time one of the Fords survived to the beginning of the last day :dozey:

tfp
27th May 2012, 19:29
What kind of rally fans you two are?

bored

What Slowson said! :up:

So I expect you both to not post on this forum anymore this year? ;)

Mate, I've tried not following anymore. I cant do it, WRC is too infectious!

Anyway you'd miss me too much(like a hole in the head :p ) if I left :D

Also, the trash talk here is much funnier ;)

N.O.T
27th May 2012, 19:32
F1 is better... go there...

tfp
27th May 2012, 19:39
F1 is better... go there...

I do anyway, but it gets a bit embarrassing when one of the top drivers appears on a bloody shampoo advert!

N.O.T
27th May 2012, 20:34
it is ok for her that she does that..she earns more money.

tfp
27th May 2012, 23:26
Oh dear, I've just "liked" one of your posts, what is the world coming to :D

A.F.F.
28th May 2012, 21:36
I wonder if Loeb himself is ever bored?? By the end of the second day he is like, merde, a cruise to the victory, again :(

Fide
28th May 2012, 22:36
I wonder if Loeb himself is ever bored?? By the end of the second day he is like, merde, a cruise to the victory, again :(

Ha ha.... we need more punctures for him..... ;)

MrJan
28th May 2012, 22:56

He probably put a nail in his tyre before the start of Aghii Theodori (or whatever it's called)just so he had to change the wheel and drive fast to make up the time. That was the only time that he seemed anything but smooth and steady. I'd said that he never really looked quick but I really didn't expect him to have so few stage victories (and Latvala so many). The fact is though that Loeb drives well within his capabilities unless he has to, that's why it's so surprising when he crashes out. When the time comes he is able to step it up a notch and drive even quicker, and that's when he makes his competitors look like amateurs. Such a shame that Ogier isn't competing this year, I really think he could have taken the championship ahead of Seb, even in a straight fight.

tfp
28th May 2012, 23:22

I know, I cant imagine his after season celebrations to be very exciting now, its become routine!

He probably put a nail in his tyre before the start of Aghii Theodori (or whatever it's called)just so he had to change the wheel and drive fast to make up the time. That was the only time that he seemed anything but smooth and steady. I'd said that he never really looked quick but I really didn't expect him to have so few stage victories (and Latvala so many). The fact is though that Loeb drives well within his capabilities unless he has to, that's why it's so surprising when he crashes out. When the time comes he is able to step it up a notch and drive even quicker, and that's when he makes his competitors look like amateurs. Such a shame that Ogier isn't competing this year, I really think he could have taken the championship ahead of Seb, even in a straight fight.

The obvious problem with the championship, a driver as talented as Ogier who is more than capable of beating Loeb should have never taken so long to get into a factory seat, if there were more manufacturers he would probably been in a WRC car when he was about 20 or 21 like JML!

EightGear
28th May 2012, 23:50
I know, I cant imagine his after season celebrations to be very exciting now, its become routine!

The obvious problem with the championship, a driver as talented as Ogier who is more than capable of beating Loeb should have never taken so long to get into a factory seat, if there were more manufacturers he would probably been in a WRC car when he was about 20 or 21 like JML!

Ogier started rallying when he was about 21 I think and by 25 he was in a works Citroen...

Plan9
29th May 2012, 08:25
I have been in awe of this guy for so long. I can't figure out why his rivals haven't found his tell/Achilles heel yet. How can Citroen keep producing such wonderful cars for him without others over taking them?

29th May 2012, 09:57
Ability and money imo

Mirek
29th May 2012, 10:37
Ogier started rallying when he was about 21 I think and by 25 he was in a works Citroen...

Exactly. The way of Ogier to works team was a rocket one. He just started rather late.

Barreis
29th May 2012, 21:00
Let we all hope that pay drivers will never be champs. If anyone should, let it be Ogier.

sollitt
29th May 2012, 21:04
Let we all hope that pay drivers will never be champs... Why?

Barreis
29th May 2012, 21:06
My opinion. It doesn't have to be yours.

MrJan
29th May 2012, 21:11
My opinion. It doesn't have to be yours.

But if a pay driver is good enough (as opposed to the championship being weak) then what difference does it make? And how do you define a pay driver? Carlos Sainz used to bring big sponsorship with Movistar that would make him more attractive to teams.

Barreis
29th May 2012, 21:17
Maybe I'm dreamer, but in my eyes it's fair that Loeb is champ for years and he came from nothing, just pure talent with work.

cali
29th May 2012, 21:22
Loeb had also very good sponsors in his early days and before WRC he was largely sponsored by FFSA if I recall correctly. Every works drivers has been sponsored or paid for his own drive. Nothing special, why do you make such fuss about it?

Barreis
29th May 2012, 22:03
Every federation should do the same, that's not their own money, it' federations and that's good that driver can go further that way.

sollitt
29th May 2012, 22:49
Maybe I'm dreamer, but in my eyes it's fair that Loeb is champ for years and he came from nothing, just pure talent with work. I don't disagree with you here. But if Loeb happened to have achieved the same by using only his own resources ... is he any less worthy?

tfp
29th May 2012, 22:53
I don't disagree with you here. But if Loeb happened to have achieved the same by using only his own resources ... is he any less worthy?

Could that be called - "doing a Vatenan" ?

Karukera
30th May 2012, 07:40
Loeb had also very good sponsors in his early days and before WRC he was largely sponsored by FFSA if I recall correctly. Every works drivers has been sponsored or paid for his own drive. Nothing special, why do you make such fuss about it?

Not really.

Loeb had two average Alsace entrepreneurs : Rémy Mammosser and Dominique Heintz (former military and moto rally raid) with limited resources helping him starting local events and he wasn't paid at all.

But they were there at the right moment.

They acquired a 106 Rallye 1.3 in which Loeb started to show his pace in real rallies after the Rallye Jeunes operation and FFSA help was very far to be sufficient : Loeb was a rookie electricity technician with virtually no funds and Daniel Elena was broke when they both met.

It was even about to stop when Loeb crashed out twice in the Saxo Trophy 98. Only good will and help from other people re-put him on the tracks.

The first official help came in 2000 with FFSA (Corolla WRC) and Auriol advising Loeb.

One remarkable thing is that it took ages to Citroën to eventually hire him despite all evidences.

DonJippo
30th May 2012, 11:40
Every federation should do the same, that's not their own money, it' federations and that's good that driver can go further that way.

Can't think of any current top drivers who would have been using their own money for WRC apart maybe Petter few years back before he got enough sponsors for his own team.

Hartusvuori
30th May 2012, 12:04
And how many federations are there that could financially help their drivers to international top level?

RAS007
30th May 2012, 19:14
I wonder if Loeb himself is ever bored??

I have wondered the same thing many times myself. Certainly, it is easy to see that it is becoming harder for him to look interested or to find anything interesting to say at end of stage interviews for example, or when talking about a "good fight" with Mikko. :rolleyes:

donlorean
30th May 2012, 19:31
I have a solution. Chuck Norris. No one beats Chuck Norris... Ever.

MrJan
30th May 2012, 23:09
I have a solution. Chuck Norris. No one beats Chuck Norris... Ever.

Little known fact: Chuck Norris is played by a Frenchman from the Alsace region.

tfp
30th May 2012, 23:30
I have wondered the same thing many times myself. Certainly, it is easy to see that it is becoming harder for him to look interested or to find anything interesting to say at end of stage interviews for example, or when talking about a "good fight" with Mikko. :rolleyes:

Like in argentina this year :D

TyPat107
31st May 2012, 07:57
What exactly make loeb so much better than the other drivers? Is it completely raw talent? Is it fitness practice and preparation? Does he perform lengthy analysis of each event after?

F1boat
31st May 2012, 10:11
What exactly make loeb so much better than the other drivers? Is it completely raw talent? Is it fitness practice and preparation? Does he perform lengthy analysis of each event after?
I think that he is very talented, very smart and extremely confident.

amilk
31st May 2012, 10:45

Seeing them last week in Acropolis - Loeb more precise and his driving contains less improvisation, everything seems more planned from outside. The Ford guys are running wider, driving a lot on loose gravel, more sideways etc. Loeb's style remember me to Makkinen in many things.

N.O.T
31st May 2012, 11:11
sometimes it is easier to find where someone is better, if you try and look where the competitions fails....

I haven't seen the son of Citroens manager trying to be a rally driver... and i haven't seen Loeb when he makes mistakes to mention any magic stones.

scn
15th July 2012, 16:19

It's everything.
What I have detected is that he has "pedal to metal" more than anyone else in most of the 5th and 6th gear corners. Another thing is that he goes "off-balance" only when needed and as much as needed. This is an extreme feature that demands great courage and ability, and only the great Rohrl has demonstrated it in such degree in the past. Because of this, he can remain more than anyone else "on the throttle" with minimum loss of traction.
The guy is the best of all times. Who would beat Colin and Carlos with the same car if he wasn't?

dimviii
15th July 2012, 16:43
welcome scn ;)

TyPat107
15th July 2012, 18:05
It's everything.
What I have detected is that he has "pedal to metal" more than anyone else in most of the 5th and 6th gear corners. Another thing is that he goes "off-balance" only when needed and as much as needed. This is an extreme feature that demands great courage and ability, and only the great Rohrl has demonstrated it in such degree in the past. Because of this, he can remain more than anyone else "on the throttle" with minimum loss of traction.
The guy is the best of all times. Who would beat Colin and Carlos with the same car if he wasn't?

Interesting. Thanks. You last line is the only statement I have an issue with. McRae and the citroen never really meshed together, I believe I have an interview with him in an old rally xs mag that says with all of the electronics of the time it didn't work with his driving style. I can see the argument that Loeb is also better because of his adaptability to the different cars, but I sure would like to have seen them compete in gthe new generation car.

AndyRAC
15th July 2012, 18:26
He had a win yesterday & a 2nd place today in the MitJet series at Magny-Cours....and was catching the leader at about a second a lap.....If it has wheels and an engine - he is quick. It doesn't really matter what type of car it is; FWD, 4WD, RWD Rallycar, GT, LMP, etc

N.O.T
15th July 2012, 18:29
He just promotes his team...

Those series are for rich gentlemen having fun...nothing serious.

JAM
17th July 2012, 21:23
Interesting. Thanks. You last line is the only statement I have an issue with. McRae and the citroen never really meshed together, I believe I have an interview with him in an old rally xs mag that says with all of the electronics of the time it didn't work with his driving style. I can see the argument that Loeb is also better because of his adaptability to the different cars, but I sure would like to have seen them compete in gthe new generation car.

The question of the electronis is very important. The come of electronic diffs put a lot of good drivers one step behind because all of his learning curve was without electronics, and at the 30's something they were not able to learn again everything about driving. In 2003 i made an interview to Juha Kankkunen and Didier Auriol and they recognized that the electronis made things more difficult to the old school drivers and more esiear to the young ones that were learning the WRC cars. Kankkunen even said that electronics was more engeneer and less driving.

N.O.T
17th July 2012, 22:11
you can hardly say that Mcare was an old school driver like Auriol and Kankkunen...

When you start blaming the equipment for your failure means that your time is over and your extinction is a bless for the new species to evolve... that is how humanity works... old timers become maggot food and the new stronger breed rules as it should... in life, in business, is society...

Better thing for everyone is to step aside and watch the action from the sidelines than cry and hate on people just because they are better than you...

stefanvv
17th July 2012, 22:28
The question of the electronis is very important. The come of electronic diffs put a lot of good drivers one step behind because all of his learning curve was without electronics, and at the 30's something they were not able to learn again everything about driving. In 2003 i made an interview to Juha Kankkunen and Didier Auriol and they recognized that the electronis made things more difficult to the old school drivers and more esiear to the young ones that were learning the WRC cars. Kankkunen even said that electronics was more engeneer and less driving.

This is psychological issue. It is not that old school drivers can't adapt to the new technologies, they don't feel the need to. All their career they have driven one way, this is all they know, so I guess when they feel old and little tired, it is not that urgent to adapt, besides not fighting for championship anymore. And after all we know how much easier for younger is to learn new things, than for older ones.

Franky
17th July 2012, 23:19
old timers become maggot food and the new stronger breed rules as it should...

What, there's a N.O.T v2.0 coming to replace the current one?

N.O.T
17th July 2012, 23:31

hopefully, but i am still young and handsome so you must wait 30 years in order for me to get closer to fertiliser age....

janvanvurpa
18th July 2012, 00:23
hopefully, but i am still young and handsome so you must wait 30 years in order for me to get closer to fertiliser age....

In the mean time you just spread truck loads of fertilizer with your incessant posts here and you work on your Phd which for you means
"Piled Higher and Deeper". :uhoh:

No we see the violence in the system. :uhoh:

N.O.T
18th July 2012, 00:41
In the mean time you just spread truck loads of fertilizer with your incessant posts here and you work on your Phd which for you means
"Piled Higher and Deeper". :uhoh:

No we see the violence in the system. :uhoh:

PhD is finished bussines for some time now....

stefanvv
18th July 2012, 04:38

May be he meant more "Loeb v2.0" is coming who will make at least dozen or so... :idea:

rjbetty
18th July 2012, 19:12
I haven't seen the son of Citroen's manager trying to be a rally driver... and I haven't seen Loeb when he makes mistakes mention any magic stones.

Haha ok I admit that was quite funny.

Tom206wrc
5th August 2012, 09:49
Congratulations Seb(and not to forget Daniel)for your 3rd victory in Finland :bounce:

dimviii
30th August 2012, 09:52
Unlike the Finns, I didn’t feel under any pressure at the start of ‘Ouninpohja’. I was a little anxious, of course, just as I am before any first pass. But I was less anxious than Jari-Matti who I saw rushing off into the trees with a roll of toilet paper three minutes before the start! :D

A perfect August! (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Bestofrallylive/News/A-perfect-August)

stefanvv
30th August 2012, 10:55
Ah, I wondered why JML is like iceberg through the stages and everyone else look so tense and nervous. Is this Loeb's secret to be so fast? Rushing for the toilet :D

PS: Just ignore the above, I just couldn't hold myself, it was out of me :D

T.Maanteiden kuningas
30th August 2012, 19:19
Jari-Matti was doing SIPA.

dimviii
17th October 2012, 11:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wBu1_wclw1g

ste898
17th October 2012, 13:41
Some big news.....

Loeb is semi retiring from Wrc

So why onearth do we still have to keep hearing his name

dimviii
17th October 2012, 13:45
Some big news.....

i ll remind Loeb specially for you every day, with a video or a photo.This is the first
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545335_4522646151501_1444296749_n.jpg

ste898
17th October 2012, 14:09
Those victories and titles mean nothing to me

I am just glad he is finally peeing off

dimviii
17th October 2012, 14:23
Those victories and titles mean nothing to me
he didn t gain these victories for you.

I am just glad he is finally peeing off

Wait! he has 2 rallies more for 2012 and about 4-5 for 2013.How many do you think will he win?

ste898
17th October 2012, 16:33
he didn t gain these victories for you.

Wait! he has 2 rallies more for 2012 and about 4-5 for 2013.How many do you think will he win?

In a ideal world none

Only hope Volkswagen will show Citroen who is no 1

dimviii
17th October 2012, 21:51
In a ideal world none

Only hope Volkswagen will show Citroen who is no 1

2013 would be an ideal world for you?

EightGear
17th October 2012, 21:53
Did Loeb kill your dog or something?

Daniel
18th October 2012, 09:16
i ll remind Loeb specially for you every day, with a video or a photo.This is the first
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545335_4522646151501_1444296749_n.jpg

That sure is a nice photo :) Pity that some people like Ste898 are too xenophobic to realise Loeb's achievements.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545335_4522646151501_1444296749_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545335_4522646151501_1444296749_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545335_4522646151501_1444296749_n.jpg

Karukera
18th October 2012, 09:48
That sure is a nice photo :) Pity that some people like Ste898 are too xenophobic to realise Loeb's achievements.

That's certainly a nice picture and an impressive achievement by Loeb.

In all fairness to ste898 i think he's rather a die hard Ford fan affected by the poor results and official withdrawal of Ford.
I remember him saying the UK 309 GTI cup was great, same for the Pug 206 WRC.
It all went wrong with him when Loeb started to dominate, bitterness accumulated and started to dictate him silly angry posts.
We know ste898 for a while now :) .

stefanvv
18th October 2012, 09:51
Have fun :D - World Rally Championship - News - Sebastien Loeb answers your questions (http://www.wrc.com/news/sebastien-loeb-answers-your-questions/?fid=17682)

MrJan
18th October 2012, 12:34
Some big news.....

What a shame that you're so ignorant about one of the greatest drivers that the sport has ever seen.

Mirek
18th October 2012, 19:32
Think it doesn't really need translation :)

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/65542_368921026526942_1364335325_n.jpg

ste898
18th October 2012, 20:43
What a shame that you're so ignorant about one of the greatest drivers that the sport has ever seen.

Ignorant NO

Truthful Yes

Im not brainwashed like others as I have watched rallies with true greats driving

MrJan
19th October 2012, 12:27
Ignorant NO

Truthful Yes

Im not brainwashed like others as I have watched rallies with true greats driving

Ignorant, yes. I've seen great drivers too, as has my father who has been watching since the 60s, it's clear to both of us that Seb is a quality driver, you simply don't beat the people that he has (Sainz, McRae, Gronholm et al) without being pretty handy. You also don't have the same high ratio of starts to finishes.

To deny that Loeb is not the greatest driver of all time is understandable, to deny that he's a very good rally driver is ignorant.

xavier
14th November 2012, 02:38
If i am not mistaken, 2012 is the 1st time for Seb Loeb to lead the Championship from beginning to end. Did it ever happen before him?

Josti
14th November 2012, 04:46
If i am not mistaken, 2012 is the 1st time for Seb Loeb to lead the Championship from beginning to end. Did it ever happen before him?

Mäkinen in 1999.

xavier
14th November 2012, 14:42
Mäkinen in 1999.

Thanks Josti

dimviii
15th November 2012, 14:48
Loeb to the speed of sound!

Already honored by flying with the Patrouille de France and passenger of a Rafale, Loeb was the guest of honor at Air Base 113 Nancy-Ochey as copilot - Once is not custom - a Mirage 2000.After testing the flight simulator pilots used regularly, things became serious. It is clear that this new experience wowed multiple world champion as evidenced by his first impressions."It is clear that this is great! And sends it serious! A shot handle and you find yourself nose to the sky, without any visual cue with a push demonic. We flew in formation with 2 and 3 Alpha Jet Mirage whom Daniel embarked for flights photo, and made several low-altitude passes including a very high speed. It is 580 knots, or more than 1 000 km / h, 250 feet above the ground (75 m). It scrolls!I could also take the handle from time to time and apply myself to follow before flying colleague. We ended up dogfights with the Alpha Jet, which took him Daniel, and there it goes in every direction: upside down, right side up, dive ... It takes full head because it undergoes the full that is the one that holds the handle, without being able to anticipate. It took up to 8.5 G and I almost pass out. I asked the driver to calm down the game: you do not drive them. In any case, enjoy moments like these, it's not every day! 'Exchange of courtesies, Citroën Racing has brought a DS 3 WRC in his luggage. Sébastien charge to discover the fighter pilots feel different but equally exceptional. The report of this meeting will be broadcast in Turbo magazine November 25th, at 11:55 on M6.

photos
Site officiel de Sbastien Loeb - Galerie photos (http://www.sebastienloeb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=44&idcontent=1049&Itemid=60)

stefanvv
15th November 2012, 15:23

It is 580 knots, or more than 1 000 km / h, 250 feet above the ground (75 m). It scrolls!

That's what Gallileo Galliely said 5 centuries ago and was burned :confused: But it is quite a think to experience it for yourself :D I'm gelous...

dimviii
15th November 2012, 16:26
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7uVQH6CcAAF1dW.jpg

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 16:42
That's what Gallileo Galliely said 5 centuries ago and was burned :confused: But it is quite a think to experience it for yourself :D I'm gelous...
eh hem, stick to Rallying, Stefan. GG (I don't mean Galli) died of old age - he was kept under house arrest most of his life but having been shown the instruments of torture recanted his heresy.

stefanvv
15th November 2012, 16:58
Noted. I think it was Bruno may be. But back to the topic, it is interesting that Loeb which concoured all lands by speed is heading to the sky, curious

AP-Racing
16th November 2012, 08:06
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/20215_10151150265606918_1884162491_n.jpg

tfp
17th November 2012, 01:06
How do they set up the tracking on that thing? ;)

dimviii
18th November 2012, 19:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nMf9bSPZRQ4

rallye-vid
18th November 2012, 20:16
French Gymkhana Vol.1 ? :vader:

dimviii
26th November 2012, 16:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zIqwtcgWQr4

dimviii
9th December 2012, 17:54
turn up the volume.Loeb at Bologna show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kUMM1jF0fBU

dimviii
9th December 2012, 19:03
and some nice photos i found on twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9rwDQ1CMAAofB7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9rxu2vCYAACHyu.jpg

dimviii
9th December 2012, 19:11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9iw1MYCUAAGX5Z.jpg:large

Kielder
28th December 2012, 00:04
Let's celebrate this re-opening...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbODbRZkB7A&sns=tw

Juha_Koo
28th December 2012, 11:04
Let's jump back to 2010 Rally Turkey, SS20 Ballica 1. The sensation in this onboard is unbelievable, high speed (avg spd 115kph), precise corners over crests sometimes with just sky visible from behind, crazy jumps (just look 05:45) and lots of note corrections - which though, are done in a completely controlled and calm manner. I can't do anything else than to take my hat off and admire these guys at work. Simply the best. :up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlZNxew_sl8

T.Maanteiden kuningas
28th December 2012, 17:57
Wow and then there are faster drivers than Loeb. Those are flying like a FINNS.

dimviii
28th December 2012, 18:31
not so flying the Finn
eWRC-results.com - results Rally of Turkey 2010 (http://www.ewrc-results.com/results.php?e=576&s=10772&t=Rally-of-Turkey-2010)

T.Maanteiden kuningas
28th December 2012, 18:38
High speed boys high speed.... :D .....but Loeb is young boy he will learn one day......Hanaa Seb HANAAAAAA.

Kielder
29th December 2012, 20:24
It's ironic, isn't it?

Loeb contemplated early retirement (http://www.wrc.com/news/loeb-contemplated-early-retirement/?fid=18153)

T.Maanteiden kuningas
31st December 2012, 11:31
Oh god.....I am sending Loeb link......go Seb and Daniel...... :)

Sébastien Loeb & Daniel Elena - Héritage - Vidéo Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwamee_sebastien-loeb-daniel-elena-heritage_auto#.UOF3Sm8z33Q)

dimviii
2nd January 2013, 17:55
Oh god.....I am sending Loeb link......go Seb and Daniel...... :)

Sébastien Loeb & Daniel Elena - Héritage - Vidéo Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwamee_sebastien-loeb-daniel-elena-heritage_auto#.UOF3Sm8z33Q)

HANA T.Maanteiden kuningas (http://www.motorsportforums.com/members/t-maanteiden-kuningas-422914/)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HANA!!!!!!

stefanvv
2nd January 2013, 18:39
Why Loeb will do these particular 4 Rallies in 2013 - World Rally Championship - News - Loeb: My four rallies explained (http://www.wrc.com/news/loeb-my-four-rallies-explained/?fid=18164)

dimviii
7th January 2013, 16:12
fresh design at Loebs and Helenas helmets

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248761_315155198586333_1353204303_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/397980_315155875252932_1266800205_n.jpg

dimviii
7th January 2013, 16:13
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543249_315153658586487_870107700_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/163390_315153345253185_1071399858_n.jpg

rallyfiend
7th January 2013, 16:42
No more Red Bull money for Daniel it seems

EightGear
10th January 2013, 17:45
April 1 Nogaro (F)
April 21 Zolder (B)
July 14 Zandvoort (NL)
August 18 Slovakia Ring (SV)
October 13 Navarra (E)
November 16 or 23 Middle East *
* to be confirmed

The FIA GT calendar has been released. Guess where I'll be going the 14th of July.

Jajá
10th January 2013, 17:54
Damn you loeb !!!! Damn you i tell ya !!!!

LOLRZZZ.....

Nice to have you back, N.O.T. !!!!

MAXLD
10th January 2013, 20:27
Portuguese Álvaro Parente is going to be Loeb's team mate for the FIA GT Series on the McLaren. :)

A good choice, Álvaro developed the MP4-12C GT3 from early on, and last year on GT1 was way faster than it's rookie team mate, it was a very unbalanced team.

Loeb said. “I like sprint races, and I appreciate GTs, which are cars that are very nice to drive. I don't yet know all the ins and outs of circuit racing, and I really wanted to drive with another pro to learn and progress. Sharing the wheel with one of the best GT drivers is the ideal solution.”

Read more: Sébastien Loeb, Alvaro Parente to pilot McLaren MP4-12Cs in FIA GT Series - Autoweek (http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130110/motorsports/130119990#ixzz2HbeNm2V1)

dimviii
11th January 2013, 18:52
Loebs car at Monte tests
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/848/img3188nw.jpg

stefanvv
11th January 2013, 19:20
Loebs car at Monte tests

He has some taste, the best Lambo since Diablo & Countach

Plan9
11th January 2013, 19:29
Cool, the Picasso must be getting serviced :D

Mirek
12th January 2013, 01:54
He has some taste, the best Lambo since Diablo & Countach

Funny thing is that Lamborghini is a brand of Volkswagen group :D

stefanvv
12th January 2013, 08:04
Funny thing is that Lamborghini is a brand of Volkswagen group :D

:D Yes, but he has excuse, PSA doesn't make super cars

wrchirek
12th January 2013, 11:58
He did the recce before of testing with a Nissan GT-R - Nissan is member of Renault group. (Or Renault is member of Nissan group :) )

Loeb has got style.

AndyRAC
12th January 2013, 13:28
:D Yes, but he has excuse, PSA doesn't make super cars

They don't even make any decent performance hatches..... ;)

RS
12th January 2013, 14:01
If Loeb is still in title contention after Rally France, do we think he might complete the season? Would be amusing to see him do it again with only 6 events :)

dimviii
15th January 2013, 20:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BArOkcWCUAI4ZAJ.jpg:large

dimviii
15th January 2013, 21:19
new sponsor at Loebs overalls

Richard Mille watches

dimviii
15th January 2013, 22:10
the logo at his right arm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205977_546461768697367_1542654385_n.jpg

Kielder
16th January 2013, 15:12
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/valence-monte-carlo-2013/mg_8948.jpg

tfp
19th January 2013, 00:40
I'm no fan of Loebs, but I must say I like his taste in cars :D
Tests Loeb Monte Carlo 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l94FCPqzex4&feature=youtu.be)

stefanvv
21st January 2013, 22:49
No second thoughts for the retirement after Monte win:
Sebastien Loeb insists Monte Carlo win won't alter retirement plans - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105217)

Kielder
22nd February 2013, 01:32
Seven years later a mountain bike becomes an enduro bike :cool: :

Team Principal knew what you had done on Autumn of 2006... (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/02/21/a-mountain-bike...-really)

Mintexmemory
22nd February 2013, 10:53

Team Principal knew what you had done on Autumn of 2006... (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/02/21/a-mountain-bike...-really)
'He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!'

Tofrallye29
23rd February 2013, 14:06

Team Principal knew what you had done on Autumn of 2006... (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/02/21/a-mountain-bike...-really)Loeb told it in his autobiography 2 years ago ;)

dimviii
26th February 2013, 17:38
happy birthday to the Master!!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEClwvwCcAA_Wpx.jpg:large

stefanvv
3rd March 2013, 07:29
Citroen DS3 diorama tribute to Sébastien Loeb & Daniel Elena, the 9 times champs presented at Westminster last night:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEQtPGxCIAAI5jc.jpg:large

Barreis
5th March 2013, 20:47
Sebastien Loeb tests Citroen's early WTCC contender - WTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105857)

danon
21st March 2013, 13:27
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2677/lj9fn.jpg

Kielder
22nd March 2013, 00:28
Loeb has been testing since last Tuesday at Jarama race track in a DS3 circuit spec. WTCC programme continues.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BF67XlbCAAAzomE.png:large

Kielder
22nd March 2013, 16:49
Next challengue: Pikes Peak in a 208: AUTOhebdo.fr | Loeb Pikes Peak sur Peugeot 208! (http://www.autohebdo.fr/usa/usa/breve-31-31-47931/220313-loeb-%C3%A0-pikes-peak-sur-peugeot-208)

stefanvv
22nd March 2013, 17:03
Next challengue: Pikes Peak in a 208: AUTOhebdo.fr | Loeb Pikes Peak sur Peugeot 208! (http://www.autohebdo.fr/usa/usa/breve-31-31-47931/220313-loeb-%C3%A0-pikes-peak-sur-peugeot-208)

Yess, I'd like to see that. Little shame it is asphalted now.

Kielder
22nd March 2013, 17:17
Loeb winning the Pikes Peak will be the best way to commemorate 25 years of the Vatanen's win there. It will the third victory for Peugeot after the pair with the 405 T16. Maybe they were already thinking on this when they renamed the 208.
P.S. We have to ask to take the asphalt off :) .

stefanvv
22nd March 2013, 17:24
Loeb winning the Pikes Peak will be the best way to commemorate 25 years of the Vatanen's win there. It will the third victory for Peugeot after the pair with the 405 T16. Maybe they were already thinking on this when they renamed the 208.
P.S. We have to ask to take the asphalt off :) .

Yes, glorious Group B times isn't it :)

PS: I just realized my avatar is related :D

Rasantes
22nd March 2013, 22:50
Loeb has been testing since last Tuesday at Jarama race track in a DS3 circuit spec. WTCC programme continues.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BF67XlbCAAAzomE.png:large

This photo was taken by a good friend of mine who lives in Madrid. Little miss me to go and see haha.

AP-Racing
24th March 2013, 19:50
Sebastien Loeb confirm his start on rally du Chablais

Barreis
31st March 2013, 16:29
Nogaro GT Series: Sebastien Loeb, Alvaro Parente win opening race - GT news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106457)

dimviii
31st March 2013, 17:28
Nogaro GT Series: Sebastien Loeb, Alvaro Parente win opening race - GT news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106457)

Always lucky!

dimviii
31st March 2013, 19:04
Sebastien Loeb great overtake for first victory in FIA GT - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJOIwOSTxo)

Kielder
31st March 2013, 19:41
Do you really think he will return to a full WRC program?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/156811_10152707236890201_529074311_n.jpg

My answer is... Farewell, Master!

dimviii
31st March 2013, 20:08
while they drive same car with Pirellis ,at Loebs uniform there is no Pirelli logo.Maybe cause there is a Citroen logo and they use Michelin maybe..

dimviii
11th April 2013, 13:57
Pikes Peak: (http://www.sebastienloeb.com/pikes-peak-my-american-dream/)

ShiftingGears
15th April 2013, 13:38
Do you really think he will return to a full WRC program?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/156811_10152707236890201_529074311_n.jpg

My answer is... Farewell, Master!

Was there any question that he would? Anyway, great stuff from Loeb, as always. I greatly admire drivers who have the versatility to win in completely dissimilar motorsport categories.

bennizw
15th April 2013, 14:27
Pictures of the Pikes Peak version 208 he will be running in June:

Peugeot unveils Loeb's Pikes Peak car - Other news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106793)

stefanvv
15th April 2013, 14:31
Pictures of the Pikes Peak version 208 he will be running in June:

Peugeot unveils Loeb's Pikes Peak car - Other news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106793)

Only 600 hp. Well if someone can do it, this is the one

Kielder
15th April 2013, 20:35
Was there any question that he would? Anyway, great stuff from Loeb, as always. I greatly admire drivers who have the versatility to win in completely dissimilar motorsport categories.

For example:

Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally (https://twitter.com/voiceofrally) 15 Mar (https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status/312465694300176384) Interesting "chatter" about Loeb possibly clearing the decks for a WRC return, Le Mans cancelled and WTCC in doubt. Citroen suggest not!

steffforno
18th April 2013, 15:34
Only 600 hp. Well if someone can do it, this is the one

The car has a 950 hp

steffforno
18th April 2013, 15:35
http://twitpic.com/ck5vr2

Mini Pikes Peak

danon
19th April 2013, 00:08
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6563/mpp1.jpg

danon
19th April 2013, 00:25
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3999/mppx.jpg

danon
19th April 2013, 00:39
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5586/mpp3.jpg

sandokan
24th April 2013, 18:38
I think he will win his class. And I like, that he takes new challenges...

Plan9
25th April 2013, 02:36
I hope Loeb follows Vatanen's career path after having enough of rally. It would be fun to watch him get multiple Pikes Peak, Dakar/Cross Country, GT racing or even X Games/Rallycross records to go with all the WRC silverware he has at home.

turves
25th April 2013, 10:28
The car has a 950 hp

The car has 875bhp, and weighs 875kg, giving power to weight ratio of 1:1, according to Autosport:
Peugeot reveals full spec of Loeb's 875bhp, 875kg Pikes Peak T16 - Other news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107020)

Kielder
2nd May 2013, 23:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvQbZuGDQI

Kielder
7th May 2013, 12:32
"I am absolutely thrilled to have won in Argentine, which was my last world rally on gravel".
"I have already told you: in my mind I have moved on to other things".

Loeb: "A real pleasure to win in Argentina" (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/News/Loeb-A-real-pleasure-to-win-in-Argentina)

Sulland
7th May 2013, 15:40
The man never stops to amaze me!

He has won 9 titles in Rally, he then wins in his first ever sportscar race in his own car.

He then comes back to win again as a 'guest' driver in his old team, totally smashing the times of the two regular drivers in Citroen. (they must be frustrated)

This just shows what class this man has !

For the fun in world rally, lets hope that Seb 2.0 is just Seb 0.85, otherwise this will get boring!

Kielder
13th May 2013, 12:31
Sebastien Loeb vs... Ogier in Monaco's Porsche Supercup on 26th May: Tradución de Google (http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=gl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autohebdo.fr%2Ftourisme-gt%2Ftourisme-gt%2Fbreve-29-29-53569%2F130513-s%25C3%25A9bastien-ogier-en-supercup-%25C3%25A0-monaco%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dt witter). Ogier's livery:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKJGgD_CQAEr4sv.jpg

AdvEvo
13th May 2013, 21:11
The boy wants to win from Loeb. If Loeb don t challenge me on rally i am going to challenge him on circuit racing.

Growup Ogier!!!

Kielder
14th May 2013, 01:03
It also seems that Loeb could participate (I mean win :D ) in round 7 (Lohéac) of European Rallycross. Is there any four wheeled competition that this man won't taste? I'm starting to believe that he is behaving like a man who has broken up with his lifelong girlfriend. :p :

P.S. It would be cool to watch Ogier there too. :cool:

makinen_fan
14th May 2013, 10:46
Next stop is the Dakar I suppose. He said he is interested to do it, remains to be seen when. You have to admire him, after all he achieved so far, he still loves to race and compete in whatever competition.

Kielder
14th May 2013, 10:56
Now it's confirmed that Loeb will be in Loheac:
"I received an invitation from the [Rallycross Loheac] organiser Patrick Germain, and I decided to answer positively," said Loeb.
European Rallycross News, Rallycrossrx, updates. (http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/8142/sebastian-loeb-to-race-rallycrossrx)

tfp
25th May 2013, 22:09
Second pole position of the season for Sean Edwards - Ventilen (http://www.porsche.nu/forum/showthread.php?p=260263#post260263)

loeb 1.7 seconds off the pace in his porsche cup car at monaco. Interestingly ogier outqualified him, 14th place to 16th place.

Vaggelis27
25th May 2013, 22:13
Second pole position of the season for Sean Edwards - Ventilen (http://www.porsche.nu/forum/showthread.php?p=260263#post260263)

loeb 1.7 seconds off the pace in his porsche cup car at monaco. Interestingly ogier outqualified him, 14th place to 16th place.

It will be very difficult to pass ogier in monaco...

Mirek
26th May 2013, 09:36
Ogier 12th, Loeb 15th according to what I found on google. Was too drunk to watch it :D

werner
26th May 2013, 09:50
Ogier 12th, Loeb 15th according to what I found on google. Was too drunk to watch it :D

You didnt missed anything. There was only one change of Position, when Kevin Estre (my favorite, because I met him 2 weeks ago) overtook one car after start ...

Vaggelis27
26th May 2013, 10:48
You didnt missed anything. There was only one change of Position, when Kevin Estre (my favorite, because I met him 2 weeks ago) overtook one car after start ...
Only one in the hole race?

MJW
26th May 2013, 12:23
Not strictly true, Seb Ogier did a great passing move up from Ste Devote, ok Sean Edwards lead from start to finish, no passing at the front, 16 laps round Monaco and Edwards wins by 20 secs. Impressive but boring.
Try and catch highlights, the very little they showed of Ogier he was a real racer, making gaps to pass.

stefanvv
26th May 2013, 12:57
It's NOT I wan't to tease somebody, but the result this year has just become 2:2 :D . The battle is on

dimviii
26th May 2013, 14:41
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLLTAu7CcAEXMf-.jpg

tommeke_B
26th May 2013, 15:10
It's NOT I wan't to tease somebody, but the result this year has just become 2:2 :D . The battle is on
Not to tease you, but... You put a "better but not significant result in some circuit race" on the same level as winning a WRC event?

dimviii
26th May 2013, 15:29
Not to tease you, but... You put a "better but not significant result in some circuit race" on the same level as winning a WRC event?

Yes even with bicycles and skateboards they will try to show him faster.
In real world the semiretired Loeb is faster than the championship leader till now.

Mirek
26th May 2013, 15:41
I'm looking forward for Ogier on Pikes Peak next year :D

stefanvv
26th May 2013, 18:34

Don't worry, I'm not taking it ;) . Just somebody have said that Loeb has much more experience and is faster on curcuit racings, therefore he'll gonna win Alsace :)

EDIT: In fact I'm happier as 3 beers are waiting for me :D

MJW
26th May 2013, 19:15
I'm looking forward for Ogier on Pikes Peak next year :D would be great to see Audi vs Peugeot at Pikes Peak :-)

giedriusr
1st June 2013, 14:32
WRC is much more interesting now without S.L. recently it became like F-1 with M.S. Hopefully it won't become Ogier era.

Mirek
1st June 2013, 14:57
Is it? I haven't noticed it would be more interesting now... VW just won 51st stage out of 96 run this season if You didn't notice and of the rest large percentage was won by the retired champion...

Duvel
1st June 2013, 17:50
So loeb is doing WRC in Citroen, gt whit the Porsche, Pikes peak whit the insane Peugeot, RX also in a Citroën, and mayby Dakar to?

GL Media Pro
3rd June 2013, 13:50
Sèbastien Loeb won Rallye du Chablais 2013.
Watch all our videos on RallyTV (http://rallytv.org) by GL Media Pro

https://vimeo.com/67527540

EightGear
3rd June 2013, 14:04
So loeb is doing WRC in Citroen, gt whit the Porsche, Pikes peak whit the insane Peugeot, RX also in a Citroën, and mayby Dakar to?

4 WRC events with Citroen, a full season in FIA GT with a McLaren MP4-12C, 2 outings in Porsche Supercup, Pikes Peak with Peugeot and one round in European Rallycross.

DIMI44
5th June 2013, 20:33
Can i ask you something.....

What about Daniel Elena; What is he doing now;

kirungi okwogera
6th June 2013, 23:32
Can i ask you something.....

What about Daniel Elena; What is he doing now;

He does a bit of driving in smaller events sometimes doesn't he? I don't have any info though.

dimviii
7th October 2013, 15:56
9 world titles (in successive years, from 2004 to 2012)
105 points between the champion (Loeb) and the runner-up (2010)
78 wins (the former record of 26 beaten by Loeb in Japan in 2006), a success rate of 46.71%
11 wins in a single season (2008), a success rate of 73.3% that year!
18 straight wins on asphalt (between 2005 and 2010)
9 Rallye Deutschland victories
23 different rallies won
122.89kph: the highest winning average speed (Finland 2012)
116 WRC podiums (Loeb finished 69.46% of his WRC starts in the top three)
15 consecutive podium finishes (2008/2009)
13 podium finishes in a single season (2005, 2007 and 2008)
A 92.31% podium finish rate in 2010
1,619 points scored in total
28 consecutive finishes in the points (2009 to 2011)
900 stage victories
19 flag-to-flag victories
100% stage-win record (Tour de Corse, 2005), equal with Shinozuka (Ivory Coast, 1992)
43.14% of all stages won in 2005

http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/News/Loeb-s-WRC-records

NxOxT
7th October 2013, 17:02
This thread has no meaning anymore... the nightmare of rally peasant dogs is over... maybe an Ogier vs... thread is appropriate since the new King is here to stay and his amazing attack and win in France showed that.

Karukera
7th October 2013, 17:05
And among other things, best loose surface vs tarmac wins ratio : 56.4 / 46.4% of all world rally champions.

Slightly better than Röhrl with 14 wins vs 78.
Second best is Mäkinen 70.8% / 29.2%

Like Dim said Loeb won 23 different world championship rallies, that's 10 more than second best, Carlos Sainz.

NxOxT
7th October 2013, 17:20
You should stop with the numbers now... some people are still in pain and they try to recuperate... and you twist the knife in the wound... you are a bad man !!!

T.Maanteiden kuningas
7th October 2013, 19:33
That pain never end and those wound never heals. But come on, maybe there is something more coming, those numbers and records are amazing!

Here is least one masochist waiting beating again, again...

NxOxT
7th October 2013, 19:50
That pain never end and those wound never heals. But come on, maybe there is something more coming, those numbers and records are amazing!

Here is least one masochist waiting beating again, again...

LOL.. i will drink some kosu with that :D

T.Maanteiden kuningas
7th October 2013, 20:10
??? ????? - jamas - cheers - kippis! Is that right?! ;)

dimviii
7th October 2013, 20:16
some paragraphs i found at French forums.They are from guys very close to Loeb(Helena,Heintz etc)
is with google translate,not so good some times.

Daniel Elena , his co-pilot : " From late 1998 to July 1999 , I squatted couch mother Seb not to increase the return from Monaco and Alsace and save It's obvious . it has many welded us. we did not have money to change our mule , which was almost fucked up, so I had to push every morning to boot . Sometimes we do not even have what we pay a sandwich or a coffee during reconnaissance . we slept in the car at the start of the special saving a hotel night . we were in the galley , but we were motivated to block this out together. " - The Team
**We slept in the car at the start of the special 1999

His father, Guy : " The passion of motorsport came when he was able to offer a moped he tampered I do not know where he had gone to fetch Probably scrap. . . "
"Everything he loves, he does it well. School It 's not so much that it bothered him , it was perhaps his mother. She was a math teacher and he had third . It has perhaps discouraged do math . "
" As a teenager he has made me drool from the time when, at eleven o'clock at night, midnight, he had not returned with an old 206 with an engine standing with a piece of string . Yes , I drooled a lot . "
" He has worn tires, brake pads . Fortunately, the mechanics were friendly with him. Seb has had a difficult time, he did not earn money. He notes astronomical phone. " - AFP
**It has made me drool

Dominique Heintz : " Overnight , I found a young officer who had never done anything the first two stages , I was really scared reached the finish of the special but I thought . . we had been lucky and it would eventually stop I was worried I got out of the car and I said to my friend : . . ' you take the combination , I do not back with him. either he 's crazy or he's a genius . ' I still go back to the end of the rally because the regulation prohibits changing copilot during the rally. I continued and it was only happiness. " - Eurosport.fr

Gilles Panizzi, who won the Tour de Corse in 2000 and 2002: "With Sebastian, we finally just fought one against the other because I was at the high end of my period when it arrived I remember. Sanremo Rally 2001 in his first World with Citroen, where I fought for the victory. I knew where he came from, and that he would soon make us 'shit'! "- Eurosport.fr

Bruno Saby , winner of Rally France 1986 and Monte Carlo in 1988 : "I 've seen a lot of drivers rallies, Vatanen , Salonen , Kankkunen Biaison Sainz and others ... I remember Kankkunen was very little special recognition compared to what was allowed and it always came out super lap immediately . Sébastien like him in this capacity to integrate very quickly all the constraints and characteristics of a new field to go immediately very quickly. But of all the drivers I've seen , I think it's Henri Toivonen like him the most. Toivonen was fascinating on the tar , the most formidable of all Finns . rapprocherais I also Sebastian Walter Rörhl , a gifted one gifted with more to Sebastian : . . . serious competence in development as well, and the worker side Sebastian is tHE phenomenon of rallies, and we must realize that we live a pretty unique thing . in particular, I was fascinated by his first Monte Carlo , lost in 2002 due to a very bad claim a competing team. During three days , he had made a demonstration on the most trapping field that can be find rally. Because in Monte Carlo , we never have the right tires ! it's always a compromise when it is a compromise ... In this case , experience compensates . Except that n 't was ! Sebastian is someone very lovely. It has a lucid , humble . has never freaked out , never took the big head. " - Eurosport.fr

dimviii
7th October 2013, 20:21
Guy Fréquelin director at Citroën Sport: "I put constantly highlight the part that I was special in every where I went, Marko Märtin (Ford driver) to make him understand that he had absolutely refine its management's. Märtin trajectories were for me, total perfection, unthinkable even rally. I have not stopped to tell Seb and incorporated this parameter masterfully while retaining his own style. "- Auto-Hebdo

Jean-Claude Vaucard, technical director. "It was an experiment in making Xsara Seb understeer, very difficult to rotate in turns Returning the test, he did not complain about anything and his time was excellent. we looked at the data and it was understood. He corrected unconsciously playing on the pedal, without the information through the brain. Knowing driving a different car not easy to keep 'fast' is his great strength. "- Eurosport.fr

Carlos Sainz , his teammate : " I predicted in June last year that would champion Sebastien He drives beautifully and he deserves this title. ".

Guy Fréquelin : " What I like is that it goes to the main He does not speak to say nothing , and most importantly, never make excuses Honesty is something essential thing . . . he did not come to the idea of not trusting him. it is a pleasure to work with a guy like that . with him, I never had to raise his voice . " - The Team

dimviii
7th October 2013, 20:30
Guy Fréquelin about the motorcycle accident which deprived him of four rallies late in the season : "I immediately told him , when he told me the news and talked bike : " Seb , you crazy not my mouth. " (...) I told the team and Claude Satinet it was a bicycle accident while knowing that this was not a ... But I did not have desire nor Seb tells me that it had happened to him while he was riding a motorcycle enduro . " - Auto -Hebdo
**Seb , not fuck my mouth

Gilles Panizzi : "I have nothing but compliments towards Sebastian This is perhaps the best driver of all time He drives 100% One pilot was able to beat this year , Marcus [ Grönholm . . . ] , who tried to go faster but made ??mistakes .
What was he most advanced ? Difficult to say but Sebastien has copied person , unlike many . Solberg, for example, was not well on the pavement and began to look at me for dipping . He finished in less drag , follow more tense trajectories. At Peugeot , Gronholm was not picking either the steering on the tarmac and kept asking me videos embedded in 1999-2000. He wanted all the time riding as a passenger to look like I did. He often went pale with the car but always came back to ride. One day he even fell to vomit . He also asked my telemetry readings to superimpose the curves.
In fact, Sebastian is much better suited to land the Norse tar . In 2003 , he took a big hit in McRae and Sainz Citroën ! I can even tell you that they did not know what happened to them ! Sebastian, this is the kind of "monster" that we see every thirty years ! THE rally driver has never known . At the time, was quoted Walter Rorhl but Sebastian could have a career in the 70 , 80 or 90 with the same success . Nobody could get it. Person . Sebastian is beatable on two to three races but not a championship. Sebastian has an amazing journey, this is an "airplane" as they say in the jargon . "- Eurosport.fr
Marcus Gronholm , his greatest opponent : "The first year was not very good on the ground but he quickly learned to be Carlos Sainz and Colin McRae have clearly seen ( in 2003) on the . . asphalt, it was immediately on top. " - Eurosport.fr

Mikko Hirvonen (Ford), second in Finland, the first victory Sebastien Loeb: "He won, I lost We played cat and mouse all weekend and it was a fantastic rally up. to the end. We went blow for blow. This was the permanent bid. was done three days of racing at speeds completely crazy and, quite honestly, I can tell you that it was even faster than the last year, when I was fighting against Marcus (Grönholm, considered the expert ès-Rally Finland). "-

Olivier Quesnel, the Citroën WRT : . "What that carried Loeb this weekend is exceptional one can imagine the pressure he had on his shoulders He was able to put it aside when it came to focus . get the best times . He did not necessarily need to win this rally ( in France ) to be titled, but his temperament winner is such that he could not provide . He once again proved that it is the best current driver . " -

Guy Fréquelin : " If he ( Olivier Quesnel ) had the intelligence to continue to use my services , I think I would have been able to handle the problems between Seb Ogier and before the situation escalates J . ' would immediately put the record straight with Ogier . He was there to learn, to gain experience , to grow in all. rather than say that, Quesnel saw him as a driver who was able to beat Seb . actually, he wanted to have his own Seb who was finally able to beat Sebastian. it was not anything. And it went to war that I was forced to remotely manage in 2011. If I do not intervene during the summer, with Jean- Marc Wales ( then CEO of both brands PSA ) Seb at once goes to Volskwagen . to my eyes, and saw what he meant to the brand Citroën , with all its victories and titles achieved in 2003 , it was unthinkable . Following to leave the team this mess , I replace Olivier Quesnel by Yves Matton . " - Auto -Hebdo

Sébastien Ogier (VW), second in the Monte Carlo Rally: "Once again, Loeb was a great performance, it was perfect."

dimviii
7th October 2013, 21:52
http://instagram.com/p/fKbI-Klbx_/

kober
7th October 2013, 23:58
Great quotes! Thank you, dimviii.

NxOxT
8th October 2013, 00:02
??? ????? - jamas - cheers - kippis! Is that right?! ;)

yes...let the Kosu flow !!!

dimviii
8th October 2013, 21:48
http://www.redbull.com/fr/fr/motorsport ... ign=Buffer (http://www.redbull.com/fr/fr/motorsports/offroad/stories/1331614673568/sebastien-loeb%E2%80%99s-career-in-photos?utm_content=buffer7eb3a&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer)

dimviii
8th October 2013, 22:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGA4q_cXTcw

lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWDno4lCUAAmpp9.jpg:large

:D

dimviii
9th October 2013, 14:30
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15qcyv

dimviii
12th October 2013, 10:28
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?vi ... 5040313640 (https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=531025040313640)

what are they talking?

makinen_fan
12th October 2013, 10:50
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=531025040313640

what are they talking?

i wish i understood anything but very funny seeing them so relaxed, not their usual style!

gorganl2000
12th October 2013, 16:15
looks quite funny...though i don't understand a word they say ..lol

i wonder if they made a bet about trying to drink from the cup while driving

Karukera
13th October 2013, 17:04
Apparently yes and Elena wishes a good recovery to someone called Pierre.
Drinking Pastis in a WRC car in action is one heck of a task :D

Antony Warmbold
14th October 2013, 13:52
It's Perre Frolla the free diver from Monaco

gorganl2000
10th November 2013, 23:52
2nd place in macau

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111223

dimviii
5th January 2014, 13:02
http://www.insidemotorsportmag.com/loeb ... pole-2012/ (http://www.insidemotorsportmag.com/loeb-fait-sortir-solberg-au-rallye-de-lacropole-2012/)

gorganl2000
13th April 2014, 19:16
wtcc 2014
loeb just came 2nd in race 1
then won race 2

very good first day on the job

Rallyper
13th April 2014, 23:28
real stuff learned from gymnastics and rallying...

A FONDO
17th April 2014, 08:31
http://cs617527.vk.me/v617527453/657d/S8DkfhyDAdw.jpg

again driving the strongest car and again team orders protect him

kirungi okwogera
17th April 2014, 11:26
http://cs617527.vk.me/v617527453/657d/S8DkfhyDAdw.jpg

again driving the strongest car and again team orders protect him

Thank you Slowson for proving incontrovertibly that Sebastien Loeb, 9 times WRC champion and instant winner in WTCC, actually sucks. Your arguments have completely blown my mind. Where can I buy your book.

Formaldehyde
17th April 2014, 15:21
I miss the "Like" button

dimviii
20th November 2014, 21:06
rare footage from 1996 with Seb at 22 years old at rally Jeunes FFSA
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=556153431137719

Karukera
21st November 2014, 19:28
Interesting. Also JP Nicolas with Bernard Béguin, 1987 Corsica winner (M3), among his national titles.
The only win of a BMW in WRC says the internet. Weird.

N.O.T
23rd November 2014, 17:31
rare footage from 1996 with Seb at 22 years old at rally Jeunes FFSA
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=556153431137719

It is part of this amazing documentary about him... in french though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f5kGh9-oE0 the segment is around 5.25

dimviii
26th November 2014, 18:38
from Var recce
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3W4dNIIIAAhlXz.jpg

Meekes opinion about Monte
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/meeke-on-loeb/page/1985--12-12-.html

dimviii
27th November 2014, 20:47
Master at Var shakedown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zduF875bhK0&feature=youtube_gdata_player&app=desktop

Fast Eddie WRC
28th November 2014, 15:47
Wet roads !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1OE1u0bDM

dimviii
31st May 2015, 18:44
https://www.facebook.com/sebastien.loeb.1612/videos/469333793225486/

N.O.T
31st May 2015, 18:53
Thank you for making us feel inferior beings sebastian... it was a nice reminder of our place.

Rallyper
31st May 2015, 22:55
That man is groving even if he doesn´t drive WRC so much anymore. :)

AdvEvo
1st June 2015, 14:53
He must come back to rallying and do some 1 or 2 WRC events and some non WRC events.

N.O.T
1st June 2015, 15:08
He must come back to rallying and do some 1 or 2 WRC events and some non WRC events.

he already done both these things.

AdvEvo
1st June 2015, 16:06
yeah i know but would like to see some more.

kolin
2nd June 2015, 10:31
We need Loeb back

dimviii
2nd June 2015, 14:23
Loeb when was testing cordoba wrc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGcBAqhWcAI64hD.jpg