PDA

View Full Version : NAPA Commercial

Abo
27th March 2007, 10:05
Anyone else think that the NAPA commercial with Sammy Hagar in is overly ironic?

blakebeatty
27th March 2007, 16:20
As far as "I can drive the 55", I would wager that Sammy has likely put in as much seat time as Mikey

Abo
27th March 2007, 16:27
As far as "I can drive the 55", I would wager that Sammy has likely put in as much seat time as Mikey

Lol you might be right

SmokeFan20
27th March 2007, 19:03
If they were going to change the lyrics, they should have changed it to "I can't drive 55 in the time trials" rather than "I can drive in 55" :D

RaceFanStan
27th March 2007, 21:38
For Michael, the lyrics should be changed to "I CAN'T DRIVE 185 !" :laugh:

Jonesi
27th March 2007, 22:05
Last Friday he would have settled for 125. ;-)

RaceFanStan
28th March 2007, 01:18
Yeah, at Bristol Michael was singing, "I can't drive the 55 ..." http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Sparky1329
28th March 2007, 02:30
I think it's perfect. :D

jeffconn
28th March 2007, 03:04
The newest commercial with DJ, Mikey, and Sammy is classic.

MW: "Do you think you could turn down the amp?"
SH: "Do you think you could drive faster?"
MW: "He's always cranky on Monday."

I'm sure he's not the only person in that office who's cranky on Monday. :P

djarumdudley
28th March 2007, 05:45
given the irony, i'm surprised the commercial wasn't pulled. funny and sad all the same.

Erki
28th March 2007, 08:08
Why the hell do they do some crappy commercials anyway? :confused: They should really concentrate more on driving...

tstran17_88
28th March 2007, 18:37
Why the hell do they do some crappy commercials anyway? :confused: They should really concentrate more on driving...Acting comes natural to Mikey.

BenRoethig
28th March 2007, 20:32
I don't know if this is Mikey's fault as much as Toyota's. There is definitely a problem when there is an outside chance the entire make could be sitting out texas.

dont_be_jack
28th March 2007, 21:43
I think it's definitely a Toyota issue with a bit of bad driving added in. Toyotas haven't performed all that well. They should've worked in Busch first and then moved up to Cup.

RaceFanStan
28th March 2007, 23:19
I agree with you dbjack.
Toyota should have spent a full season or 2 in the Busch Series BEFORE coming to Cup. :s
Toyota jumped the gun getting into Cup racing too soon IMO. :eek:

Once Dale Jarrett runs out of Previous Champion's Provisionals ...
Toyota will probably try to urge another previous Champion out of retirement. :eek:

Dale Jarrett only has 2 Previous Champion's Provisionals left .... :s
See : http://groups.msn.com/GoBoogity/pcp.msnw

dont_be_jack
29th March 2007, 00:32
I think that he's only got one provisional left...

They should've either jumped into just Busch or waited for the first full CoT season to get started. They're wasting their time on three different cars.

BenRoethig
29th March 2007, 00:45
Toyota has approached cup racing like they did open wheel, throw enough money at it and they'll dominate. They and the teams they've chosen (especially the European owned Red Bull) haven't shown the cup series the respect it deserves and they're paying for it. Dodge spent the resources to get one of the sports elite engineering minds when they entered. Toyota almost seems to have taken the approach that they're way smarter than the American brands and NASCAR. That they could win with a bunch of nobodys and beat the establishment. Well, they can't.

SmokeFan20
29th March 2007, 02:04
Toyota has approached cup racing like they did open wheel, throw enough money at it and they'll dominate. They and the teams they've chosen (especially the European owned Red Bull) haven't shown the cup series the respect it deserves and they're paying for it. Dodge spent the resources to get one of the sports elite engineering minds when they entered. Toyota almost seems to have taken the approach that they're way smarter than the American brands and NASCAR. That they could win with a bunch of nobodys and beat the establishment. Well, they can't.

Toyota's done the same thing in Formula 1.
They've thrown boatloads of money into their team & the budget dwarfs the budget of The Big Three of Ferrari, Renault & McLaren.
But every single season they not only get their butts handed to them by The Big Three, but also by 2nd tier teams like Honda & Williams.

dont_be_jack
29th March 2007, 02:20
Totally agree with both of you. They did it right in the CTS by focusing on getting those trucks to run well and, let's face it, they're the dominate force now. But they went at Cup and Busch a whole lot different and forgot what worked for them. Toyota's just in for more embarrassment.

Jonesi
29th March 2007, 02:47
I think that he's only got one provisional left...

They should've either jumped into just Busch or waited for the first full CoT season to get started. They're wasting their time on three different cars.

No, he still has 2 of 6 left. DJ got into Bristol on speed.

I think they did it right getting in at the begining of the CoT program. Waiting a year wouldn't help now with full field full time grids, and leaving BDR & MWR in there with unsupported Dodges wouldn't be any better off. I think the Toyota teams are doing only a little worse then I thought they would.

BobbyC
31st March 2007, 18:36
No, he still has 2 of 6 left. DJ got into Bristol on speed.

I think they did it right getting in at the begining of the CoT program. Waiting a year wouldn't help now with full field full time grids, and leaving BDR & MWR in there with unsupported Dodges wouldn't be any better off. I think the Toyota teams are doing only a little worse then I thought they would.

And at Martinsville too, so that's two straight for DJ on speed. If he gets into the Top 35, then he is an exempt team for that race. Toyota is trying to straighten the ship, and with new teams, that is the problem, but that could be a blessing in the future.

Give up a little now to gain heavily later.

Jag_Warrior
31st March 2007, 21:35
A "has been" (Van Hagar) trading barbs with a "never was" (Mikey "The Joke Man" Waltrip).

BenRoethig
1st April 2007, 06:19
Hey poke fun at Mikey all you want, but nobody disses the red rocker.

tstran17_88
1st April 2007, 15:45
I just think Mikey bit off more than he can chew. I felt that way last season when it was announced that he’d have three teams. But I figured it would be Reutimann missing all the races.

We’re spelling parts today, but we’re one letter away from selling parts tomorrow.

slorydn1
4th April 2007, 07:59
Acting comes natural to Mikey.

10-4...he's been acting like a driver for a while now

Sparky1329
4th April 2007, 19:19
10-4...he's been acting like a driver for a while now

For about 20 years according to my calculations