PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Shopping

EuroTroll
26th March 2012, 08:22
I've been wondering why the forums have become so homosexual. :p : That is, there aren't many girlies around. Donks suggested this topic as a way of luring them here. So let's see how it works! ;)

I've bought shoes several times. Shoes are good! Very useful when you need to walk somewhere. :p :

Wouldn't you agree? :)

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2012, 10:46
I hate to buy shoes. My horrible feet can't fit them.
Whenever I found a proper pair I wear it until they become "motorboats".

BDunnell
26th March 2012, 10:50
Yes, I can say without any hint of a complete lie that I simply ADORE shoe shopping and can't get enough of this LOVELY chore... er, task, which I can categorically say I do whenever I can and certainly not only when I'm in desperate need of a new pair, having broken the old ones but continued to wear them. That never happens, because I LOVE shoes.

harbourgirl
26th March 2012, 11:58
The first half.

It really is an obsession...

EuroTroll
26th March 2012, 12:12
The first half.

It really is an obsession...

That's an impressive collection! :up:

I have 8 shoes. :) One pair for winter, one for summer, one for fancy occasions, and one for sports.

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2012, 12:17
Just for fun, let's guess Harbourgirl's age taking into account her shoes.

(Just kidding, it's not nice to do appreciations on any girl's age)

EuroTroll
26th March 2012, 12:24
Just for fun, let's guess Harbourgirl's age taking into account her shoes.

(Just kidding, it's not nice to do appreciations on any girl's age)

I say 24. :D

harbourgirl
26th March 2012, 12:58
I say 24. :D

Haha, not quite studiose.

GridGirl
26th March 2012, 13:55
I wouldn't say that I enjoy shoe shopping. My favourite shoes are my Brasher walking boots which are about 6 years old and almost worn out. I could really do with buying a new pair and slowly walking them. I actually cant bring myself to do it. I must have walked a fair few thousand miles in my walking shoes. It will be a sad day when I have to throw them in the bin. :(

Roamy
26th March 2012, 18:24
Well I can't tell the age but judging from the size I pray she never gets pissed at me :)

EuroTroll
26th March 2012, 18:37
Well I can't tell the age but judging from the size I pray she never gets pissed at me :)

Think she might be taller than you, do you? :D

I must confess I have a soft spot for Aussie girls, because I'm in love with Samantha Stosur. :D

Do you sound like her, harbourgirl? ;)

donKey jote
26th March 2012, 20:40
Haha, not quite studiose.
34? :andrea:

steveaki13
26th March 2012, 20:41
Well I hate buying shoes/footwear

I have 11 shoes!!

2 (Posh Shoes)
2 (Trainers)
2 (Walk Boots)
2 (Old Boots)
2 Football Boots

and 1 single football boot that for the life of me I can't remember where the other went????

donKey jote
26th March 2012, 20:44
I've been wondering why the forums have become so homosexual. :p : That is, there aren't many girlies around. Donks suggested this topic as a way of luring them here. So let's see how it works! ;)

I've bought shoes several times. Shoes are good! Very useful when you need to walk somewhere. :p :

Wouldn't you agree? :)
I bought myself a pair of Skechers in the States the other day. Am I going girlie?

donKey jote
26th March 2012, 20:46
I hate to buy shoes. My horrible feet can't fit them.
Whenever I found a proper pair I wear it until they become "motorboats".
Imagine what I have to go through... I don't even have any toes (http://www.facebook.com/pages/i-cant-feel-my-toes-i-dont-have-any-toes-i-think-i-need-a-hug/230726576691) ! :eek:

harbourgirl
27th March 2012, 00:27
Think she might be taller than you, do you? :D

I must confess I have a soft spot for Aussie girls, because I'm in love with Samantha Stosur. :D

Do you sound like her, harbourgirl? ;)

Haha, I do have a bit of an accent. When I go overseas some people take a little longer to understand me than they should.
I don't, however, look like her at all, haha.

And I am definitely not 34, take a decade and a half off that and bingo!

gadjo_dilo
27th March 2012, 06:21
I'm afraid that even this "girlie" topic failed to bring some new girls on the forum.

Looks like donkey's receipts to attract girls aren't good enough.

donKey jote
27th March 2012, 07:03
Hmm maybe we'll have to start a Handbag thread. :idea:

Rudy Tamasz
27th March 2012, 09:50
Girls don't talk shoes to guys. Girls just buy and an buy and buy and buy shoes and then discuss those with other girls. If you want to attract girls to a forum, talk relationship. That's when fur will fly.

Rudy Tamasz
27th March 2012, 09:53
Speaking of shoes, when my wife and I went to the States last year, she brought back ten pairs. I don't think we've discussed any of them lately. The topic of relationship, i.e. what she is to me and what I am to her, pops up in conversations every now and then, more often that I would like it to. ;)

gadjo_dilo
27th March 2012, 10:13
I find embarassing to discuss relationships on a public forum. But maybe I'm too shy.

I think what girls really like is gossip. About boys when they're young. Then when they're older and settled down they prefer to gossip about other girls/women.

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 14:10
I have an idea. :idea: Why don't we ask the two girls we have here why they think they are pretty much the only two girls we have here. :)

GridGirl and harbourgirl, what do you think? ;)

harbourgirl
27th March 2012, 14:22
The simple answer: F1 is a hypermasculine sport.

The extended answer: F1 is a hypermasculine sport, even if a girl did follow F1, it would be really rare for them to follow it to the extent of discussion on forums.

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 14:33

The extended answer: F1 is a hypermasculine sport, even if a girl did follow F1, it would be really rare for them to follow it to the extent of discussion on forums.

That's true. But what about all the good-looking blokes doing their hypermasculine thing? They should attract a bit more female following, shouldn't they? Webber, Button, Vettel -- they're all good-looking guys, risking their lives trying to beat each other. Like medieval knights or Roman gladiators. No? :)

The thing is, this forum used to have more female participation. I wonder what we have done to scare all the girls away. :s Maybe they just got bored with us. :)

Well, at least we have you two. ;) For now. :uhoh:

GridGirl
27th March 2012, 14:36
From my past experience of dealing with men in motorsport I can only conclude that they like to gossip way more than any collective group of women I've ever met.

I think all the gun threads scare the girls away. :p

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 14:39
From my past experience of dealing with men in motorsport I can only conclude that they like to gossip way more than any collective group of women I've ever met.

I think all the gun threads scare the girls away. :p

Will Perez replace Massa, that is the question! ;) :p :

GridGirl
27th March 2012, 14:46
I would be willing to bet a pair of shoes on this yes. ;) :p

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 14:50
I would be willing to bet a pair of shoes on this yes. ;) :p

Good girl! :up: ;) :p :

schmenke
27th March 2012, 15:08
... I wonder what we have done to scare all the girls away. :s ...

mkbilly showed up :p :

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 15:15
mkbilly showed up :p :

Ah, that explains it! :up: Now that he's semi-gone though, will all the girls come back? :) :p :

gadjo_dilo
28th March 2012, 06:37
I have an idea. :idea: Why don't we ask the two girls we have here why they think they are pretty much the only two girls we have here. :)

GridGirl and harbourgirl, what do you think? ;)

Now I'm really offended.....

EuroTroll
28th March 2012, 07:06
Now I'm really offended.....

Really? Tell me why. ;)

gadjo_dilo
28th March 2012, 07:16
Because.

EuroTroll
28th March 2012, 07:21
Because.

Are you a girly too then, gadjo? I'm sorry, I didn't realize! :)

Or have I now offended you even more? :uhoh:

gadjo_dilo
28th March 2012, 07:33
YES, I'M OFFENDED EVEN MORE as "Girly" applies to very young women.
And I'm not anymore.

EuroTroll
28th March 2012, 07:40
This is exactly why I'm single! :arrows: :arrows:

Sorry, gadjo. ;)

schmenke
28th March 2012, 15:17
...And I'm not anymore.

Not anymore... a girl? :cornfused:

donKey jote
28th March 2012, 18:14
YES, I'M OFFENDED EVEN MORE as "Girly" applies to very young women.
And I'm not anymore.
under 50 is still very young...

for a witch :arrows: :p :andrea:

ioan
28th March 2012, 21:50

Sorry, gadjo. ;)

You might be luckier than you think you are! :D
Sorry girls!

BDunnell
28th March 2012, 22:20

Sorry, gadjo. ;)

Do you have a history of mistaking girls for boys then, studiose?

And did it stand up in court?

donKey jote
28th March 2012, 23:49
... as the actress said to the judge :andrea:

EuroTroll
29th March 2012, 01:33
Do you have a history of mistaking girls for boys then, studiose?

:laugh: :laugh:
No, but I have a history of causing offense where absolutely none was intended. :arrows:

Women -- can't live with them, can't live with them. :p : But it's nice when they visit. :D

EuroTroll
29th March 2012, 01:35
You might be luckier than you think you are! :D
Sorry girls!

There is truth in what you say! ;)

Recently, a 105-year-old man here in Estonia was asked on television what he thought was the secret to his longevity. He said, "No women." :D

janvanvurpa
29th March 2012, 05:23

Really?? REALLY???

My god I had never heard that idea before.... that's a new one to me. I always, even as a kid, thought it was something for whinging "tea-kettle boys" or what might be known is some circle as poofs. Prima Donnas, who better be built very slim and light, for the weight advantage, dontcha know.

And those surrounding the prima donna drivers were obsessive neurotic nerds..

It's all what you're used to in life but if F1 is "highly masculine" then just how masculine is the world of say moto-cross??

Hyper-Soooooper-mega masculine?

gadjo_dilo
29th March 2012, 07:09
:laugh: :laugh:
No, but I have a history of causing offense where absolutely none was intended. :arrows:

Women -- can't live with them, can't live with them. :p : But it's nice when they visit. :D

What about working with women?
Wonder what would you do if you were in the same office with 7 women. Especially when they talk at the same time and at least 3 of them exceed the limit of decibels admited by common sense.

( Unfortunately that's what I have to live at this very moment. And I assure you it's not the "girly" talk ).

gadjo_dilo
29th March 2012, 07:15
Not anymore... a girl? :cornfused:

To elucidate the mistery: last time when I was at the toilet ( about 20 min ago ) I still was a girl.

I'll probably go again after 5 hours and if things change I promise an update.

EuroTroll
29th March 2012, 07:19
What about working with women?
Wonder what would you do if you were in the same office with 7 women. Especially when they talk at the same time and at least 3 of them exceed the limit of decibels admited by common sense.

( Unfortunately that's what I have to live at this very moment. And I assure you it's not the "girly" talk ).

I've worked in the construction industry all my life, with very few women. So I don't know. :)

But I understand from what friends have told me that working with women can be great if they get along with each other. On the other hand, when they don't like each other, it can get very nasty indeed.

gadjo_dilo
29th March 2012, 07:22
under 50 is still very young...

for a witch :arrows: :p :andrea:

Still waiting for the day when you'll become a gentleman like your homonym.....

gadjo_dilo
29th March 2012, 08:40
I've worked in the construction industry all my life, with very few women. So I don't know. :)

But I understand from what friends have told me that working with women can be great if they get along with each other. On the other hand, when they don't like each other, it can get very nasty indeed.

Ha! Women getting on with each other....I think it's an utopia. It may work only when they're very young.

I worked in construction industry for about 8 years. But even then we were 4 girls in an office + a guy who was reduced to silence.

EuroTroll
29th March 2012, 09:24
It's all what you're used to in life but if F1 is "highly masculine" then just how masculine is the world of say moto-cross??

I think the answer is "nuts". :)

EuroTroll
29th March 2012, 09:27
Ha! Women getting on with each other....I think it's an utopia. It may work only when they're very young.

I've heard it does happen, also among non-girlies. ;) My mom works in an office with mostly women, and apparently they all get along fine.

donKey jote
29th March 2012, 12:39
To elucidate the mistery: last time when I was at the toilet ( about 20 min ago ) I still was a girl.

Now you're taking the piss :erm: :p

Garry Walker
29th March 2012, 17:09
I absolutely HATE shopping for shoes. Usually I go in and buy the first pair that I see and that fits me and that looks decent enough.

Webber, Button,Vettel -- they're all good-looking guys,
Yeah, sure, if you like your men to be more feminine than your average woman.

harbourgirl
29th March 2012, 18:43
Really?? REALLY???

My god I had never heard that idea before.... that's a new one to me. I always, even as a kid, thought it was something for whinging "tea-kettle boys" or what might be known is some circle as poofs. Prima Donnas, who better be built very slim and light, for the weight advantage, dontcha know.

And those surrounding the prima donna drivers were obsessive neurotic nerds..

I hope you understand there's a difference between the term 'hypermasculinity' and being incredibly masculine.

And I guess what you're saying is a difference in culture. In Australia, motorsport is seen to be a pretty masculine culture, I think moreso than most places.