PDA

View Full Version : The New Girl.

harbourgirl
25th March 2012, 13:47
Hi guys,

I'm from Sydney! Australia's not too big on Formula One (At least not in my circle of friends), so I thought I'd find a place to talk to some people that share love for the sport!

Just thought I'd introduce myself before I start posting!

EuroTroll
25th March 2012, 15:36
Welcome! :wave: You'll find plenty of other Aussies here, as well as people from all over the world. See you in the F1 forum. :cool:

Koz
25th March 2012, 15:53
Hello! Welcome!

Pics? :D

Too soon? :(

harbourgirl
25th March 2012, 16:23
Haha, nothing spectacular I assure you. Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

pino
25th March 2012, 16:33
Welcome to the forums :wave:

donKey jote
25th March 2012, 18:48
Welcome :wave:
It's been a while since our last female Webber fan left in a strop... :p :( :andrea:

tfp
25th March 2012, 19:02
Ah, but Aussie's have Ricciardo to cheer on aswel :D

Oh, and welcome! :wave:

donKey jote
25th March 2012, 19:10
My bad... I thought he was Italian ! :p

EuroTroll
25th March 2012, 19:22
I wonder. Why are there so few girls on these here forums. Aren't we nice enough to them?

donKey jote
25th March 2012, 19:29
Maybe we should make this place a bit more girl-friendly...
should I go and start a thread on shopping, or shoes, or shoe-shopping? :arrows: :andrea:

tfp
25th March 2012, 19:45
I wonder. Why are there so few girls on these here forums. Aren't we nice enough to them?

Motorsport is stereo typically aimed at men, hence grid girls at GP's and FX pro girls at the WRC(what hapened to thse by the way?)

I do know some women who watch F1, but most of them only do it so they can perv on Bunsen or Hamilton :p

steveaki13
25th March 2012, 20:10
:wave: Welcome

Look forward to many debates. ;)

schmenke
25th March 2012, 23:07
Hi HG. Welcome to the nuthouse!

markabilly
25th March 2012, 23:08

what do you mean?

There is henners and dunnell................

schmenke
26th March 2012, 03:10
Hey, mkbilly's is back! How's the woodchucket missus doing?

harbourgirl
26th March 2012, 04:06
Welcome :wave:
It's been a while since our last female Webber fan left in a strop... :p :( :andrea:

Haha, I forgot to mention who I support.
I'm a McLaren girl, first and foremost.

...but I wouldn't be the slightest bit unhappy if Webber won a race! :)

Jag_Warrior
26th March 2012, 04:43
Haha, I forgot to mention who I support.
I'm a McLaren girl, first and foremost.

Oh! Well, in that case, welcome aboard! :wave: Care for a Fosters? I give the Ferrari fans Budweiser.

And since Webber drove for Jaguar F1, he's OK by me too.

harbourgirl
26th March 2012, 04:51
Haha, Aussies know Fosters shouldn't touch your lips. ;)

Jag_Warrior
26th March 2012, 10:13
Sorry. "Shrimp on the barbie" and "Fosters" are the only Australian words that I speak. :(

gadjo_dilo
26th March 2012, 10:31

In case you don't know, girls use to like bad guys.

Welcome New Girl. ( it makes me feel like attending an Alcoholic Anonymous meeting ).

harbourgirl
26th March 2012, 12:02
Hahaha, thanks guys. :)

Rollo
26th March 2012, 13:40
Sorry. "Shrimp on the barbie" and "Fosters" are the only Australian words that I speak. :(

No-one in Australia speaks of "Shrimp", they're "Prawns". Also, Fosters s surprisingly difficult to get in Australia. You're actually more likely to find Stella Artois on tap. Victoria Bitter is the commonest beer on tap in Oz.

DexDexter
26th March 2012, 13:53
No-one in Australia speaks of "Shrimp", they're "Prawns". Also, Fosters s surprisingly difficult to get in Australia. You're actually more likely to find Stella Artois on tap. Victoria Bitter is the commonest beer on tap in Oz.

Is Fosters even Australian, I mean a local brewery over here makes it.

GridGirl
26th March 2012, 13:57
G'day mate. :)

driveace
26th March 2012, 19:22
As she says .,Fosters is hard to find and Victoria Bitter is more popular.But you should try some Roo.Its not to bad and has a slight taste of Liver,with a similar texture too,and those other things you eat out there Hoggerty Dogs,or whatever they are called.By the way have you driven round Bathurst ? That IS an education,and bloody frightening over the Mountain !

donKey jote
26th March 2012, 20:34
Hahaha, thanks guys. :)
gadja is also a bit of a girlie ;)

...or so he says :devil: :p

gadjo_dilo
27th March 2012, 08:34
gadja is also a bit of a girlie ;)

...or so he says :devil: :p

Donkeys will be donkeys....

MrJan
27th March 2012, 18:48
Victoria Bitter is the commonest beer on tap in Oz.

And it's pish.

schmenke
27th March 2012, 21:01
I don't think so. Certainly much better than Fosters :s

chac47
27th March 2012, 21:45
Welcome harbourgirl. This is a great forum. Chat is lots of fun and if you find F1 getting a bit overheated at times check out Motorcycle Racing, it's a bit more chill over there and you'll see the Aussie flag well represented. Our user names don't always indicate whether we are male or female so there may be more of we females than is apparent.