Sergio Perez!

donKey jote
25th March 2012, 11:50
ALONSO :D
very special mention for Pérez :)

Garry Walker
25th March 2012, 11:51
Perez - Absolute star.
Alonso - good win, Ferrari had pretty good pace.
Kimi - KERSless, but a very consistant drive as always by him.

gm99
25th March 2012, 11:55
Perez without a doubt.
Honorable mention to Senna, Vergne & Kimi.

F1boat
25th March 2012, 11:58
Fernando for me!

P3ws
25th March 2012, 12:00
Perez with a very big margain.

truefan72
25th March 2012, 12:00
perez
alonso
senna

superocean
25th March 2012, 12:04
I'm a tifosi but this race belongs to Sergio perez. Even if he pulled the dumbest move and crashed it on the last lap, this was HIS RACE! The radio call to #superSergio was a very obvious that Sauber wanted to get free engines from Ferrari this year so they allowed Alonso to win. sergio did not move and make any mistake for the race but after that radio message, he makes 1 big mistake and then comes right back? this was team to Team orders and I'm not complaining. this was the best performance by far.
so far up to this point, I thought he was just getting lucky with long stints on tires for lucky results but that is over. sergio is the real dea. next year Massa is out and Sergio in. If sergio comes to Ferrari after mid season even better. Ferrari need to look at Sauber's car setup and try to do the same as that car is way way faster than Ferrari in the dry condition.

Brown, Jon Brow
25th March 2012, 12:08
Obviously it was Perez.

N4D13
25th March 2012, 12:13
I would go with Alonso rather than Pérez. I would have chosen Pérez, but his mistake caused him to lose a (more than) likely win, while Alonso was absolutely faultless from the beginning.

EuroTroll
25th March 2012, 12:14
Perez, Alonso :up: :up:

Senna, Kimi, Vergne :up:

F1boat
25th March 2012, 12:14
I would go with Alonso rather than Pérez. I would have chosen Pérez, but his mistake caused him to lose a (more than) likely win, while Alonso was absolutely faultless from the beginning.

I think so as well :) But Sergio did have a good race as well. :)

Hawkmoon
25th March 2012, 12:15
The young Mexican without a doubt. I'm sure there's a spare Ferrari lying about. They've got some other guy who doesn't do much with it.

aryan
25th March 2012, 12:16
I would give it to Alonso again. He had no right to win a race with that car. Look how Massa is doing.

Perez is of course a special mention, and I would have given it to him if it wasn't for throwing a win to the wind.

Special mention also to Senna and Vergne. Kimi drove a good race too.

Roamy
25th March 2012, 12:17
alonso
perez
senna

The Black Knight
25th March 2012, 12:18
perez
alonso
senna

My thoughts exactly except I can't really choose betweenwho gets it. Perez and Alonso were both great and on a different level today. I was disappointed with Hamilton. Thought he'd do better in those conditions.

EDIT: I think Perez gets it as he would have won had Sauber not been so stupid on strategy.

N4D13
25th March 2012, 12:19
I think so as well :) But Sergio did have a good race as well. :)
Yup. I guess most people are choosing Pérez because he was absolutely impressive and no one expected him to be this brilliant. Alonso drove magnificiently, of course, but he's an established driver, whereas Sergio isn't.

Jag_Warrior
25th March 2012, 12:20
Perez. No contest.

jens
25th March 2012, 12:36
I mention only one name: Fernando Alonso. What a sensational driver, I have to admit again. Perhaps only driver in the field, who was inch-perfect all race in these tricky conditions. And he again managed to win in an inferior car. Once the tyres fell apart, Sauber was a second a lap quicker. I didn't think it could be possible, but is it really possible Alonso might actually fight for the title this year?! :eek:

I am glad that Pérez got the first podium of his career, but then again I am sad, because this race belonged to Sauber. On pace they should have won it.

Tazio
25th March 2012, 12:53
Kimi
Perez
Alonso

In no particular order. All three had great races. :up:

steveaki13
25th March 2012, 13:17
Driver of the race for me was Alonso and Perez. I can't split them really.
Alonso is a well established driver who is used to winning and he did drive brilliantly.
Perez outdrive himself and the car brilliantly and would be my driver of the race outright but for his little error towards the end.

Other mentions:
Raikkonen - A great drive with no KERS and some good solid points.
Senna - Drove really well came up through the field in the wet and pushed hared all day and some great points.
Di Resta - A weird day wasn't brilliant or fast but stay out of trouble to score some points.
Vergne -A good solid drive for his first points.
Petrov - Did a solid job finished ahead of Heikki and showed good pace to battle with faster cars.
Glock - Great effort to stay ahead of Kovalainen and also way ahead of his young team mate.

djparky
25th March 2012, 13:47
Alonso, Perez, Senna and the Kimster

Ranger
25th March 2012, 14:21
Fernando Alonso was the driver of the race, absolutely nerveless.

Perez was excellent but crucially:
- The (presumably joint) decision not to pit with Alonso;
- Sergio running wide whilst giving chase;

...cost both the driver and team a victory they deserved on pace alone.

Honourable mentions to Kimi Raikkonen and Bruno Senna.

Garry Walker
25th March 2012, 14:26
I would give it to Alonso again. He had no right to win a race with that car. Look how Massa is doing.

Just because Massa is driving at Alex yoong level doesn't mean the car sucks. It was obviously a very fast car in wet and slippety conditions today, there is no question about that.

Mia 01
25th March 2012, 14:32
Perez, Alonso and Senna.

Kimi, I´m proud of you.

Rollo
25th March 2012, 14:54
1 Perez
2 Kimi

I'm betting that Ferrari are ruing letting Kimi go now. Kimi is putting in solid results in that Lotus.

Garry Walker
25th March 2012, 15:01
1 Perez
2 Kimi

I'm betting that Ferrari are ruing letting Kimi go now. Kimi is putting in solid results in that Lotus.
What Ferrari did wrong was always one thing - they didn't listen to KR. They made the car not suit him, they did not listen to what he wanted from the car. At least that is true from when Todt was gone from the team. LdM could roam free then.

tfp
25th March 2012, 19:21
Massa, Massa, Massa. All day long.

Oh hang on, wrong thread. :D

A FONDO
25th March 2012, 20:45
I see some of you mention Sergio's small mistake in the end... well for me it is much better to push and fail, rather than just cruise for the place.

Big Ben
25th March 2012, 21:12
Both Alonso and Perez

BDunnell
25th March 2012, 21:38
By the way, I think any talk of a Ferrari-Sauber conspiracy to deny Perez the win must go out of the window on the grounds that Peter Sauber says it isn't true. There are few team bosses from whom I would believe such a statement. Sauber, surely, is an exception.

wedge
26th March 2012, 00:37
Alonso

Perez

Raikkonen

Senna

By the way, I think any talk of a Ferrari-Sauber conspiracy to deny Perez the win must go out of the window on the grounds that Peter Sauber says it isn't true. There are few team bosses from whom I would believe such a statement. Sauber, surely, is an exception.

Sauber are within their right but there is a previous: Norberto Fontana claimed he was ordered to block Jacques Villeneuve at the 1997 European GP.

Robinho
26th March 2012, 04:03
Perez, Alonso and senna for me too

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

CavallinoRampante
26th March 2012, 06:01
I'm a tifosi but this race belongs to Sergio perez. Even if he pulled the dumbest move and crashed it on the last lap, this was HIS RACE! The radio call to #superSergio was a very obvious that Sauber wanted to get free engines from Ferrari this year so they allowed Alonso to win. sergio did not move and make any mistake for the race but after that radio message, he makes 1 big mistake and then comes right back? this was team to Team orders and I'm not complaining. this was the best performance by far.
so far up to this point, I thought he was just getting lucky with long stints on tires for lucky results but that is over. sergio is the real dea. next year Massa is out and Sergio in. If sergio comes to Ferrari after mid season even better. Ferrari need to look at Sauber's car setup and try to do the same as that car is way way faster than Ferrari in the dry condition.

Sauber is not faster than Ferrari in the dry... you are comparing apples and oranges.

Fernando came in with 20 laps to go and mounted medium tires, Perez mounted hard tires.
We know mediums aren't going to last the full 20 laps but will offer better performance in the first 7-10 laps of the stint to come out on top pushing the pace.
In fact Fernando on mediums was faster than Perez on hards in those first laps. The tires than faded and the hard compound was more competitive...

so simple....

fandango
26th March 2012, 07:48
I see some of you mention Sergio's small mistake in the end... well for me it is much better to push and fail, rather than just cruise for the place.

I think that a mistake like that is what separates good from great. Pérez was good, but he had the upper hand and crucially made a mistake when things only depended on him. For that reason he can't be the driver of the race for me. I like him, but no-one drove better than Alonso.

fandango
26th March 2012, 08:34
And while we're on the subject of special mentions, I think Hamilton deserves one. While Alonso and Pérez had good days (the latter not making the best of it imo), Hamilton was the best driver in the "I have a fast car but things aren't going my way" category. A solid drive, no drama, and kept his head together. Although he's not my favourite driver, it's good for F1 when he's on form, so I hope he doesn't blow it.

A FONDO
26th March 2012, 08:34
I think that a mistake like that is what separates good from great. Pérez was good, but he had the upper hand and crucially made a mistake when things only depended on him. For that reason he can't be the driver of the race for me. I like him, but no-one drove better than Alonso.
Exactly :)

harbourgirl
26th March 2012, 12:12
Perez and Raikkonen, definitely!

(I'm meant to say Alonso here as well, but my strong dislike for him is holding back the credit he deserves).

zako85
26th March 2012, 13:23
Alonso and Perez were the stars. Can there be any other logical choice? They start the race from positions 8 and 9 in cars that no one would put their money on before the race, then finish 1 and 2, leaving the competition in the proverbial dust. However, I wouldn't put Perez clearly above Alonso based solely on Perez's drive, because after all Perez did make a mistake that might have cost him a win. Raikkonen gets honorable mention as he started 10th, but hasn't quite kept up with Alonso and Perez.

CavallinoRampante
26th March 2012, 15:14
It's a bit disturbing , as an Italian Ferrari fan, having had to put up with a week of Button praizing. How he's matured, how he's the best at treating tyres, how's he's got the upper hand over LH. He's a true Brit, a white Brit, so that's why he's depicted as bright, intelligent, smart... while LH is black so he's got to be instinctive, lots of talent with little brain... aggressive on his tyres etc. Not only that, I also have had to make a real effort while reading that there are too many Italians in Ferrari. This of course is associated to the fact that "there is too little brain power in Ferrari" nowadays... suggesting that Italians don't have enough brain power to be successful.
Well I have to say one thing to these people: that kind of hate, and I mean race-related hate makes for a LOT of bad KARMA.
I also want to tell people to be more open minded.
Italians?
What about Ancient Rome? The Biggest and strongest western Empire ever built?
What about (just to name a few) Leonardo da Vinci? Michelangelo Bonaroti? Galileo Galilei? Cristoforo Colombo who discovered the new continent, and Amerigo Vespucci who gave America the name it still carries today?
What about Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Pagani, Alfa Romeo, De Tommaso, Lancia, Fiat, Ducati, Aprilia, Guzzi, Piaggio (I know I am leaving out many more).
What about Beretta, Benelli?
What about Armani, Valentino, Versace, Gucci, ValleVerde and tens and tens more successful brands?
What about Prosecco, Amarone di Valpolicella, Brachetto, Soave, and hundreds of brands of fine wines?
Italy is a small country with less than 60 million people and a tad bigger than Florida State in the US, and I think it has contributed to the world's technology and culture, more than its due share... and that deserves respect.

Of course every country and every race deserves the same respect. No country has any more brain power than another country. They have just had the political and democratic background and stability to allow them to be more or less successful.

Can't we just watch a wonderful sport for just the sport, giving credit where it's due, and congratulating our adversaries, not enemies?
If you can't do this genuinely at least do it to avoid all the BAD KARMA.

Enjoy your Formula UNO.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th March 2012, 15:23
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uSt19t4qIuM/TTqXHNwYHnI/AAAAAAAAAgU/WzTTb-KuEV4/s1600/facepalm.jpg

A FONDO
26th March 2012, 15:33
pazzooo

BDunnell
26th March 2012, 15:35
What deranged nonsense.

Knock-on
26th March 2012, 16:16
I have to say Mr A, that is probably the strangest tangent I have ever seen anyone go off on since I joined the forum. WTF are you going on bout and where did you get all that nonsense from?

pettersolberg29
26th March 2012, 16:49

But if we're basing it on that then the Driver of the Race will always be the winner, because he was on average the fastest and made the least mistakes. In this instance, Perez was the fastest man on the track for 95% of the race in car which isn't competitive against the top teams. This in Perez' 2nd race in his 2nd season. Alonso is a legend of the sport and even if the Ferrari isn't the top car at the moment it would be naive to think that they're still not a strong team - they have all the expertise, best pit stops, most money etc - and are probably holding a faster car than Sauber.

So in this race Perez was the best driver - most surprising, fastest and the first driver outside the big 3 teams in a whole year to get on the podium. To me this isn't even a contest.

CavallinoRampante
26th March 2012, 17:10
Alonso = best driver of the race.

driveace
26th March 2012, 19:38
At last Your opinion !

henners88
26th March 2012, 20:17
I love Italy and have been there on holiday a few times but I think its best to cool down on the nationalistic side of things. Ferrari is pushed very much as an 'Italian National Team', but I also think the sport has been very diluted since the national beginnings. We have British teams on the grid like McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams, Force India etc etc (funding aside), but like Ferrari they opperate at a level to win championships rather than representing their origins first and foremost. I think the fans should remember that rather than playing them off against each other regarding which country is better.

donKey jote
26th March 2012, 20:19
Italians?
What about...

What about Berlusconi? :p
What about pino? :arrows: :andrea:

Robinho
26th March 2012, 20:26
no-one has mentioned Button or Hamilton's race, nor claimed Button is a "true Brit" compared to Hamilton, god knows where you get the idea that cos Hamilton is blck that we think he is instinctive, lot of talent, little brains?, what sort of a rant was that. I think you'll struggle to find a post saying there are too many Italians in Ferrari, and certainly none that equate that to lack of brain power, not sure what has prompted the race rant, i've seen nothing more than some rivalry between supporters, sure there are a lot of brits on here who on the whole support Mclaren or the british drivers, but to claim its all racist hate speech is just mental

donKey jote
26th March 2012, 20:29
I think you'll struggle to find a post saying there are too many Italians in Ferrari, and certainly none that equate that to lack of brain power,
I guess you have ioan on ignore too? :p

henners88
26th March 2012, 20:31
no-one has mentioned Button or Hamilton's race, nor claimed Button is a "true Brit" compared to Hamilton, god knows where you get the idea that cos Hamilton is blck that we think he is instinctive, lot of talent, little brains?, what sort of a rant was that. I think you'll struggle to find a post saying there are too many Italians in Ferrari, and certainly none that equate that to lack of brain power, not sure what has prompted the race rant, i've seen nothing more than some rivalry between supporters, sure there are a lot of brits on here who on the whole support Mclaren or the british drivers, but to claim its all racist hate speech is just mental
I haven't seen any of the things mentioned here from his post either, glad I'm not alone. I don't know what it is but this all sort of reminds me of the old days on here lol.

truefan72
26th March 2012, 21:29
My thoughts exactly except I can't really choose betweenwho gets it. Perez and Alonso were both great and on a different level today. I was disappointed with Hamilton. Thought he'd do better in those conditions.

EDIT: I think Perez gets it as he would have won had Sauber not been so stupid on strategy.

I think the ferrari and sauber gambled ( cleverly and rightfully so) on a wet weather setup while the macs were hampered once again by poor team strategy
also, if the pit crew did their job, Hamilton would have come out ahead of Alonso and thus would have taken the lead, after the first pit stop
he lost about 5 seconds in the pits then
and then the 2nd pit stop was also a fiasco, never mind the fact that they came in a lap too late

but all credit where credit is due and those drivers deserved their accolades for still driving the heck out of their cars

truefan72
26th March 2012, 21:35
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uSt19t4qIuM/TTqXHNwYHnI/AAAAAAAAAgU/WzTTb-KuEV4/s1600/facepalm.jpg

:up:
bazinga

aryan
26th March 2012, 21:50
He's a true Brit, a white Brit, so that's why he's depicted as bright, intelligent, smart... while LH is black so he's got to be instinctive, lots of talent with little brain

Man, you've got problems. I think if you go and ask LH himself, he will agree that JB is easier on his tyers than himself. That you somehow turned this in your head into an issue of race... is profoundly baffling.

Malbec
26th March 2012, 21:55
It's a bit disturbing , as an Italian Ferrari fan, having had to put up with a week of Button praizing. How he's matured, how he's the best at treating tyres, how's he's got the upper hand over LH. He's a true Brit, a white Brit, so that's why he's depicted as bright, intelligent, smart... while LH is black so he's got to be instinctive, lots of talent with little brain... aggressive on his tyres etc. Not only that, I also have had to make a real effort while reading that there are too many Italians in Ferrari. This of course is associated to the fact that "there is too little brain power in Ferrari" nowadays... suggesting that Italians don't have enough brain power to be successful.
Well I have to say one thing to these people: that kind of hate, and I mean race-related hate makes for a LOT of bad KARMA.

I'm surprised at your comments about Lewis and Jenson and racial stereotyping. Does this have any basis either in comments made on this forum or elsewhere?

Nigel Mansell is also a white Brit and he's famous for being not particularly bright or smart but for lots of talent and bravery which you depict as 'black' characteristics, how does that work?

As for the Italians content in Ferrari I think you need to look at what makes successful enterprises work. Ferrari may well have the best Italians working for it (and I know from experience that they can be exceptionally good, see companies like Finmeccanica) but British companies attract the best from around the world. That is the difference. I'm afraid that whether you like it or not this is how international commerce works, and companies that insist on a particular nationality or ethnic group having precedence often miss out on the best talent.

Dave B
26th March 2012, 22:20
Anyone else get the sense that an old "friend" may be back under yet another new user name? :s

IceWizard
26th March 2012, 23:03
Perez, Senna, Alonso, Vergne in that order.

truefan72
27th March 2012, 01:39
Anyone else get the sense that an old "friend" may be back under yet another new user name? :s

el saint?

ioan
27th March 2012, 02:14
Yup. I guess most people are choosing Pérez because he was absolutely impressive and no one expected him to be this brilliant. Alonso drove magnificiently, of course, but he's an established driver, whereas Sergio isn't.

A certainly

ioan
27th March 2012, 02:19
Perez was about 8 tenths a lap faster than Alonso, as such only delusional Alonso fans would not give the driver of the race to Sergio .

Tazio
27th March 2012, 03:15
There was only about 2 1/2 teams ready for this test (rain and all) Red Bull was less than inspirational than umempressive although on pace quite good Ya' awl boys. Alonso was in complete control from 10 laps left

Tazio
27th March 2012, 04:27
There was only about 2 1/2 teams ready for this test (rain and all) Red Bull was less than inspirational than umempressive although on pace quite good Ya' awl boys. Alonso was in complete control from 15 laps left and knew Perez can't defeat Ferrari's KERS WHEN APLIed PROPERLY by Fred.

Tazio
27th March 2012, 04:30

Knock-on
27th March 2012, 10:51

I wasn't 100% sure with his 1st post on the forum but had it sussed with his 2nd one. I think I said something about him reminding me of someone but a bit more erudite this time :D

henners88
27th March 2012, 12:16
I wasn't 100% sure with his 1st post on the forum but had it sussed with his 2nd one. I think I said something about him reminding me of someone but a bit more erudite this time :D

To be honest I don't mind as long as things can be discussed sensibly. So far interesting points have been made and thats what this is all about.. :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Ranger
27th March 2012, 13:41
Perez was about 8 tenths a lap faster than Alonso, as such only delusional Alonso fans would not give the driver of the race to Sergio .

Whatever you say. :\

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 14:00
I think Alonso was indeed the driver of the race, because he was faultless. Perez was not, but he was great nevertheless.

CavallinoRampante
27th March 2012, 14:35

if he was .8s faster than Alonso, then why, after 40 clear laps he wasn't at least half a minute in front of Alonso? I mean how can a car that's .8s faster finish behind the slower car?

Tazio
27th March 2012, 14:44
Tamburello you made it back ! :p
Cheers

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 14:45
Cheers

Oh God, I hope not. :s Tamburello was a dick. :s

CavallinoRampante
27th March 2012, 15:03
Cheers

Who is Tamburello?
I am a new guy on the forum, never knew that this forum existed be4.
Whoever thinks I am someone who used to be on the forum, is making a huge mistake and should just stop right away.

pino
27th March 2012, 15:10
Can we go back to the topic now....thank you :)

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 15:10
Who is Tamburello?
I am a new guy on the forum, never knew that this forum existed be4.
Whoever thinks I am someone who used to be on the forum, is making a huge mistake and should just stop right away.

I believe that. :up: After all, if you had been here before, you would know better than to make an arse of yourself with that post. :D :p :

EuroTroll
27th March 2012, 15:11
Can we go back to the topic now....thank you :)

Yes, sir! ;)

Dave B
27th March 2012, 16:11
It's a bit disturbing , as an Italian Ferrari fan, having had to put up with a week of Button praizing. How he's matured, how he's the best at treating tyres, how's he's got the upper hand over LH. He's a true Brit, a white Brit, so that's why he's depicted as bright, intelligent, smart... while LH is black so he's got to be instinctive, lots of talent with little brain... aggressive on his tyres etc.
Erm, no.

Their skin colour has absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever, to do with their abilities or talents. Fortunately most people don't make any judgements or assumptions based on race. Anybody who does can safely have their opinion ignored. The fact that you would even think such a thing is quite disturbing.

pino
27th March 2012, 16:45
Thread cleaned, now please keep it that way and let me remind you that we do have a Feedback Forum for off-topic issues :)

MAX_THRUST
27th March 2012, 17:48
Perez,Alonso,Senna.

CavallinoRampante
27th March 2012, 20:16
Ferrari n.1 - hopefully this year Alonso will win the championship if Ferrari can sort out their car problems. Only a championship can make you all believers.

Robinho
27th March 2012, 20:28
what do we have to believe in? This isn't religon, I can see Ferrari, I know they exist, I just don't happen to support them. However, if Alonso wins the championship in that car I might start believing in a higher power!

aryan
28th March 2012, 05:46
Only a championship can make you all believers.

This is getting more ridiculous by the day. Believers in what exactly?

CavallinoRampante
28th March 2012, 07:04
This is getting more ridiculous by the day. Believers in what exactly?

"make you a believer" is US slang... since I am American and Italian, I am entitled to use US idioms , phrasal verbs and slang expressions...
It doesn't have anything to do with religion or Jesus... it's just like saying: wait and watch out...

There is nothing ridiculous here besides the hat in your avatar.

EuroTroll
28th March 2012, 07:57
If Ferrari win the championship (either of them), then I will be sad. :(

Why would you want to make me sad, CavallinoRampante? :p :

Big Ben
28th March 2012, 11:53
We should change our habits here a bit. Just have a Ioan's Driver of the race one post thread and be done with it. There's no point in embarrassing ourselves with our thoughts and opinions.

F1boat
28th March 2012, 12:36
We should change our habits here a bit. Just have a Ioan's Driver of the race one post thread and be done with it. There's no point in embarrassing ourselves with our thoughts and opinions.

:D

CavallinoRampante
28th March 2012, 15:02
I do think it'll be a case of wait and see with Ferrari but not where winning the championship in 2012 is concerned. Alonso certainly put in an impressive performance on Sunday but he was quick to settle the media and bring everyone back to earth. The car is lacking in pace in normal dry conditions and this lack of speed will be very difficult to make up before mid season imo. I expect Fernando to get regular points and wouldn't be surprised if he wins again this year, but every team is making steps forward and at present McLaren have the pace. Lewis needs to start making more decisions for himself as strategy seems key to which his side of the garage have cocked up of late. I was aware of your Italian roots but thought you were UK born btw? I wouldn't be surprised to learn Perez has signed at the scuderia for 2013 after his performance on Sunday. He has close links already, but feel Alonso is perfectly happy at present having a teammate who is incapable of challenging him at the competitive end of the team. We'll have to wait and see or believe as you put it.

I agree with everything you said.
I actually am US born, but live in Italy since 2003.
This year I would not mind if Hamilton won it. I think he deserves it. He's blindingly fast, and Button is no match for him in pure speed. He is just very good on tyres, and that allows him to win difficult races, but LH is 2-3 tenths faster than Button on a regular day.
I also believe Vettel is overrated, LH and Alonso are the best drivers on the grid, there is no question about it.
As far as Ferrari goes, I really hope they can sort the car's problems out be4 it's too late.
I know it's just wishful thinking, but why count them out just yet?
With a bit of luck, and a couple wet races we will be at 1/3 season and the new chassis will hopefully have a positive impact on Ferrari's hopes.

F1boat
28th March 2012, 17:19
As Jenson said, being the fastest is not the same as being the best. Lewis may be the fastest (then again, he may not be - I think that Sebastian is faster), but I think that he is not currently better than Jenson. In recent years Jenson developed more. But I hate saying this guy is best, screw all the rest, because in different conditions excel. Certainly Lewis is one of the best, same about Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton. In his prime, Michael was top, but now... things change.

jens
28th March 2012, 17:49
Ferrari n.1 - hopefully this year Alonso will win the championship if Ferrari can sort out their car problems. Only a championship can make you all believers.

I have to tell you one thing. I have noticed forum members have been a bit confused lately with some of your comments. Perhaps it can be analyzed more thoroughly, what is the exact point you want to make.

I think most people acknowledge that Alonso is an absolute top driver, so there is not much for him to prove to F1 fans here, championship or not.

If it is about Ferrari, then they don't have an excellent racing car at the moment and haven't won a WDC for 5 years, so this has made people slightly sceptical. But going back further, you would find 10 years ago people were considering Ferrari virtually unbeatable. I see that Ferrari as an Italian team is important to you, but they are mostly rated based on evidence. And everyone has their ups and downs. If Ferrari starts producing cars-to-beat in future years again, then be sure they will be rated very highly again. :)

Also you said that Vettel is overrated - so with a similar phrase as yours I may answer to you that Vettel should win the WDC this year to make you a believer. :)

In any case, while driver of the race was Alonso, teams of the race were Ferrari and Sauber. Ferrari had an excellent strategy, excellent quick pitstops and a very good setup for the conditions. So the race team deserves highest praise for utilizing the maximum from the car! Now it is up to the guys at Maranello to produce something great.

CavallinoRampante
29th March 2012, 15:52
I mean, Vettel is the same guy who struggled to beat Webber in his first year with RB? Webber cannot be considered a champion. Vettel is also the same guy who is being outqualified by Webber so far this year.... He is a good driver, and had the luck to be driving an exceptionally fast RedBull for two years in a row, just like Button had the luck to be driving the Brown car which was unbeatable. I am not sold on Vettel just yet.... I hope he can make me a "believer" ... but I doubt it. Not this year at least.
LH is the best candidate for the Championship IMHO.

ShiftingGears
2nd April 2012, 11:07
I mean, Vettel is the same guy who struggled to beat Webber in his first year with RB? Webber cannot be considered a champion.

Surely using that logic you doubt Alonso as well, considering that Trulli outscored Alonso in 2004, up until he was fired from Renault.

P3ws
3rd April 2012, 10:23
MS is not considered to be Champion material taking in to consideration the pas two seasons. :)
One can prove just about anything with statistics.

Knock-on
3rd April 2012, 11:44
MS is not considered to be Champion material taking in to consideration the pas two seasons. :)
One can prove just about anything with statistics.

Statistics can prove anything.... Sometimes even the truth ;)

truefan72
4th April 2012, 05:08
Statistics can prove anything.... Sometimes even the truth ;)

:up:

...as my sig says