PDA

View Full Version : Car selling SCAM

driveace
19th March 2012, 17:30
Whilst in Australia ,on holiday my son in law saw a bargain advertised in the Auto Trader.A 2006 Toureg V6 automatic,with all the bits for £5K .A woman with the name of Lisa Baig living in portugal was the seller.She claimed to be setting the deal up through yahoo Finance,the buyer had to deposit the £5K in a Yahoo Representative,s account in Portugal,then the car would be delivered to the buyer ,who had 15 days to decide ,to keep it or return it .BUYER beware i emailed this woman telling her I was personally flying out with the money,and guess what She is out of the country until friday !
please be aware if it sounds to good to be true it is a SCAM !!!

Gregor-y
19th March 2012, 19:24
A very standard method in Chicago is for someone to say they have a money order for an amount a few thousand dollars more than the sale price and want the car and the difference in cash. The money order, of course, turns out to be worthless.

Roamy
19th March 2012, 21:55
just think what a better world it would be if they just executed all of these scammers when the caught them - Oh forget that holy sh!t we would have no government

Dave B
19th March 2012, 21:57
Whilst in Australia ,on holiday my son in law saw a bargain advertised in the Auto Trader.A 2006 Toureg V6 automatic,with all the bits for £5K .A woman with the name of Lisa Baig living in portugal was the seller.She claimed to be setting the deal up through yahoo Finance,the buyer had to deposit the £5K in a Yahoo Representative,s account in Portugal,then the car would be delivered to the buyer ,who had 15 days to decide ,to keep it or return it .BUYER beware i emailed this woman telling her I was personally flying out with the money,and guess what She is out of the country until friday !
please be aware if it sounds to good to be true it is a SCAM !!!
Part of me thinks that if someone's daft enough to fall for such an obvious scam they deserve all they get. Who pays for a car up front (other from a known reputable dealer)?

Knock-on
20th March 2012, 09:18
Seriously, if anyone wants to learn a sure fire lesson on how not to get scammed, then send me £10.

:D

Rollo
20th March 2012, 09:29
Whilst in Australia ,on holiday my son in law saw a bargain advertised in the Auto Trader

How? Auto Trader magazine isn't on sale in Australia.

A 2006 Toureg V6 automatic,with all the bits for £5K

Why? Australia uses the Australian Dollar and has done since 1966.

This thread deserves this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mQsPHVGWink/ToKF8VEIDhI/AAAAAAAABS4/ptGPreGETMw/s400/chew.jpg

Azumanga Davo
21st March 2012, 06:55
How? Auto Trader magazine isn't on sale in Australia.

Erm, yes it is. I can't just be imagining it, surely.

odykas
21st March 2012, 14:45
Rollo :up: :laugh:

driveace
26th March 2012, 19:03
Auto trader in on the net worldwide.So in OZ you can get to see the Auto Trader.This SCAM is London Based,and they are not UK born citizens,that are running it,I am sure.The car was in the UK Auto Trader ,so was advertised in GBPounds.The *******s running it need shooting as Jeremy Clarkson would say !

30th March 2012, 04:33
more than wordshttp://www.castoffdebt.com/fd