PDA

View Full Version : Bravura dish

A.F.F.
18th March 2012, 00:41
Most of you have studied once in your life, right? Or maybe some of you are studying at this very moment? One thing what have not changed over the years is that students are poor people. Or they prioritise their financial resources to other than food, let's say, beer :)

Anyway, people have to eat and I used to spent as small amount of money to food as possible. So I basicly ate usually the same food all the time. That was a pot full of rice, filled with tuna and tomatosauce. Every now and then I had some onions there but usually without. And with a little bit of spices, that was eatable.

What was your bravura back in your academic life? :)

EuroTroll
18th March 2012, 04:28
Spaghetti with chilli-flavoured tuna. :)

It's not bad actually. I still have it now, once in a while.

tfp
18th March 2012, 17:21
Pot noodles! Ah, maye this should be in the pot thread ;)

BDunnell
18th March 2012, 17:26
I'm not surprised to see things with tuna in. It always seemed to be a student staple — a shame, as I can't stand the stuff and would have to leave the room when someone was cooking with or eating it. My favourite regular dish at uni was a big lasagne, good for several nights' worth or for sociable sharing.

DexDexter
18th March 2012, 21:51
Tuna and macaroni with cheapest ketchup I could find. :)

donKey jote
18th March 2012, 22:48
green chili sandwiches - for breakfast :dozey:

EuroTroll
19th March 2012, 08:02
green chili sandwiches - for breakfast :dozey:

Breakfast of champions. :up: Almost. ;) Because the real breakfast of champions is a coffee and a fag. :D :erm:

schmenke
19th March 2012, 13:54
Kraft Dinner.

...and tuna sandwiches :dozey:

There was also a small Vietnamese restaurant close to our uni where you could order a big bowl of spicy noodles with bits of mystery meat for about $2.00 :D :up: