PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Romeo for Schumi and Brawn

Kiwi_F1_Fan
26th March 2007, 02:24
Another Prestige arm of Fiat's ready to enter F1 after the buy out rumors circulating....

watcha think?

pino
26th March 2007, 07:56
Link Please :D

Simmi
26th March 2007, 12:57
I couldnt see there being any point in that unless it was a Ferrari B-Team.

Crank
26th March 2007, 15:25
Not gonna happen. What would make you think that after re-building a team such as Ferrari and have so much success (not to mention a large bank account), he's gonna try it again in his late 30's and 50's (for MS and RB).

inimitablestoo
26th March 2007, 16:37
It would be rather ironic since the last Alfa Romeo F1 team was closed down when Fiat bought the company :s

26th March 2007, 16:58
It would be rather ironic since the last Alfa Romeo F1 team was closed down when Fiat bought the company :s

What's more Ironic is that Enzo started out running Alfa's racing stable.

If 'customer' cars are coming to F1, there is no reason why the '07 Ferrari couldn't be used under the Alfa Romeo Racing banner.

It's a relatively cheap way of having the brand in F1, competing against it's market-place rivals (BMW, Mercedes) and having Schumi & Brawn in on the project would certainly help to find additional funding.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

Easy Drifter
26th March 2007, 17:12
Don't forget there are rules on the number of teams and Richard's has the rights to the last spots AT THIS TIME. Of course money talks.

Tazio
26th March 2007, 17:21
Is their a link suggesting that it is ALFA that Mike wants to run?

Ian McC
26th March 2007, 20:16
Chalk this up as another wild one, never going to happen.

futuretiger9
26th March 2007, 22:04
It would seem improbable, but stranger things have happened. I can't see a project like this starting from scratch, and the potential damage to the Alfa Romeo brand should the project fail does not bear thinking about.

CarlMetro
26th March 2007, 22:49
watcha think?

I think it's a load of old cobblers.

inimitablestoo
27th March 2007, 20:21
It might make sense for Michael to be involved with an Alfa Romeo team in another series. Are they not preparing a full factory return to the World Championship when the 147 replacement's out? No idea how likely a Schumacher involvement in that would be, just thinking out loud.

Kiwi_F1_Fan
27th March 2007, 21:05
I'm amazed at how quick people are to dismiss it.
Tamburello sums up my thoughts - That yes it will start as a Ferrari "B" team, branded as Alfa Romeo - with many many advantages

1) will compete and take points away from "A" teams and help Ferrari
2) will train and evaluate race drivers, engineers, staff etc for Ferrari
3) will give MS a great intro into F1 Management in prerperation perhaps for when Jean Todt hangs up his boots at Ferrari
4) will help develop more experiments aspects of the car on track for use on Ferrari.
5) Brand Awareness for ALFA and bringing the image of "F1 on road" to the masses - FIAT cannot do that at the moment by advertising Ferrari's for sale on TV - but with Alfa its a different story - i can imagine we would get "Special Editiions" of Alfa cars for World Title wins!

I cannot see any downsides in FIAT not doing this - Schumi, RB & FIAT buy out Torro Rosso and use a Ferrari Chassis and engine. Bingo, they are on the grid ...How cheap is that!!!

Dont think for a second that Shumi will look at this as a "10 year road to glory" for Alfa Romeo team - think of it as a "in 2 years i'll be running Ferrari"...

im going to stick my neck out and say this will be a done deal by mid season.

luvracin
27th March 2007, 22:12
[quote="Kiwi_F1_Fan"]
I cannot see any downsides in FIAT not doing this [quote]

Pretty sure you meant to say "I cannot see any downsides in FIAT DOING this"... but regardless..

Fiat/AlfaRomeo are recovering financially, or at least doing alot better than they were thanks to the Billion dollars GM payed them to stop bothering them...

But I don't believe their recovery could cope with the strain of bankrolling another F1 team.

ClarkFan
28th March 2007, 03:13
I cannot see any downsides in FIAT not doing this - Schumi, RB & FIAT buy out Torro Rosso and use a Ferrari Chassis and engine. Bingo, they are on the grid ...How cheap is that!!!

Hmmm.....I was pretty skeptical reading your points until I hit this one. Red Bull seems to have found that F1 can consume all the net profits generated by selling stimulant-enhance cough syrup. The wrangling around Speed's contract indicates that someone is looking for ways to cut the budget at STR. It might not take that much to get the team.

ClarkFan

Tazio
28th March 2007, 03:29
As an ALFA owner this is something I could really embrace!
I still haven't seen any link that mentions ALFA as the brand associated with Mike's interest in buying/starting a team!
LINK PLEASE!!!!

Valve Bounce
28th March 2007, 15:15
Don't look at me - I didn't have anything to do with this rumour. :(

trumperZ06
28th March 2007, 17:45
Don't look at me - I didn't have anything to do with this rumour. :(

;) SOURCE !!! :D

Garry Walker
29th March 2007, 12:34
A little while ago German press wrote about Schumi driving for Alfa Romeo... in DTM. I`d love to see that

milly
29th March 2007, 15:48
No - this is rubbish.

Bolton Midnight
31st March 2007, 12:21
April 1st is tomorrow.........