PDA

View Full Version : The BIG Question.

Sonic
5th March 2012, 08:20
Here at MSF, we don't shy away from the big issues; Theology, politics, psychology etc.

So, continuing that illustrious history, I ask you: When you wash your white laundry, do you put your grey clothes in with the white or darks?

Discuss.

No doubt, as this is such a important Q, the mods will want to make this a poll...

EuroTroll
5th March 2012, 08:52
Kudos for daring to start a thread on such an explosive topic. :D I'm sure we'll have a few more bans on our hands before we're through.

Greys with darks is what I say, and anyone who disagrees with me is Hitler. :devil:

Rudy Tamasz
5th March 2012, 08:55
Multicolorism doesn't work. Never has, never will. Keep 'em all separate.

Mark
5th March 2012, 08:55
Yes, everything goes in together, at 60C

EuroTroll
5th March 2012, 09:18
Multicolorism doesn't work. Never has, never will. Keep 'em all separate.

Is that a political or just a laundritical opinion?

Sonic
5th March 2012, 09:19

Mad! Mad, I say!

Sonic
5th March 2012, 09:20

Mad! Mad, I say!

Sonic
5th March 2012, 09:23
So mad I said it twice.

Sonic
5th March 2012, 09:24

Down with laundry apartheid

EuroTroll
5th March 2012, 09:34

:up: :D

Rudy Tamasz
5th March 2012, 09:59

Just laundritical. I own a pair of boxer briefs that used be grey and white. Now they are grey and pink :rolleye: as my wife threw them together with a red t-shirt. That leftie spoilt my perfect conservative underwear as lefties always do. ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2012, 10:59
Greys with colours.

EuroTroll
5th March 2012, 11:09
That leftie spoilt my perfect conservative underwear as lefties always do. ;)

Yup. Those lefties with their wishy-washy thinking. :p :

Eki
5th March 2012, 12:17
When I saw the title, I thought this would be about scrunching or folding, but I was wrong.

Eki
5th March 2012, 12:18
So mad I said it twice.

Actually, you said "mad" four times. That's how mad you were.

Eki
5th March 2012, 12:20
Usually, the only grey things I have used to be white at some point.

Rollo
5th March 2012, 12:29

Laundry Apartheid is essential because if you don't keep the blacks and white separate, you get streakers.
We also separate reds, blues, yellows etc. Sort of alike colours might go together such as oranges and reds and yellows but blues and yellows would never go together.

It's not just Laundry Apartheid but a there's a revolution going on. The washing even calls for Cold Power! (http://www.colgate.com.au/app/PDP/ColdPower/AU/HomePage.cvsp)

D-Type
5th March 2012, 13:33
All together and keep the temperature down. Wash new dark colours (sox, underwear etc) separately a couple of times to wash the loose colour out of them before risking them in the general wash.

The "hot wash to get things clean" went out with cotton. With synthetics, a hot wash softens the fibres and the dirt sticks to them and you end up with grey whites.

Caution - this is 30 year-old information and my wife of 30 years will probably disagree.

race aficionado
5th March 2012, 14:10
Occupy Wash & Dry!!!

Sent from my iPhone in my bullet proof bunker

schmenke
5th March 2012, 14:39
Greys with darks.
After 20+ years, the missus has taught me well :D

odykas
6th March 2012, 16:10
When I saw the title, I thought this would be about scrunching or folding, but I was wrong.

Me too :mark:

Sonic
6th March 2012, 23:24
Me too :mark:

Yeah but that's sooo 2009.

slorydn1
7th March 2012, 00:24
I must confess-I have no clue :confused:

My wife does all the laundry. :beer:

I will say since none of my whites are pink she must be keeping them separated from the colors while washing? :D

raybak
7th March 2012, 01:03
My fireproof race underwear is now pink thanks to mixing colours in the washing :(

Ray

Sonic
7th March 2012, 11:20
My fireproof race underwear is now pink thanks to mixing colours in the washing :(

Ray

I did that too!

J4MIE
8th March 2012, 17:49
I wash grey stuff with other grey stuff :s

But then I don't have anyone to do my washing for me ;(

BDunnell
8th March 2012, 17:52
Must be greys with darks. On what grounds would anyone deign to behave differently?

Rudy Tamasz
9th March 2012, 06:43
I wash grey stuff with other grey stuff :s

But then I don't have anyone to do my washing for me ;(

Not even the washing machine? Oh my...

BDunnell
9th April 2012, 16:49
Greys with darks is what I say, and anyone who disagrees with me is Hitler. :devil:

I may now be a hypocrite, if not actually Hitler, because earlier I had to wash some white underwear and had no option but to put it in with the coloureds. I take it I will be forgiven? (There was no problem, by the way, unlike with a recent white towel with coloured bed linen incident.)

EuroTroll
9th April 2012, 18:23
I take it I will be forgiven?

If you say 10 Hail Marys and make a donation to the church roof fund. ;) :p :

Gregor-y
9th April 2012, 18:26
I can't remember when I had a problem with clothes not being colorfast. I put all my work shirts in one machine, all my pants in another, and everything else in a third.

Jag_Warrior
9th April 2012, 21:02
What I want to know is, why is dryer lint ALWAYS blue? Huh? Huh? Huh? Even Einstein didn't have a good answer for that one!