PDA

View Full Version : What is there to do in Copenhagen?

A.F.F.
25th March 2007, 13:30
I'm planning a trip to Copenhagen with my wife in may or early june.

Now I know there is good pizza ;) and a legoland. What else? Little mermaid and amusement park? Zoo maybe ?

Eki
25th March 2007, 13:55
Changing airplanes on your way to/from countries starting with the letter I. I've been to Copenhagen twice. The first time I changed airplanes on my way to Ireland and the second time on my way back from Iceland.

A.F.F.
25th March 2007, 14:03
Cool. If not else, I can use that information as an icebreaker with the Danish :up:

J4MIE
25th March 2007, 14:36
Where else can you ride a bike around town and go shopping?

tinchote
25th March 2007, 14:45

Now I know there is good pizza ;) and a legoland. What else? Little mermaid and amusement park? Zoo maybe ?

Legoland is not in Copenhaguen, if I'm not wrong, it has to be about 3 hours by train.

In Copenhaguen you can certainly go to Tivoli, a nice place downtown (combination of amusement park and plain nice park) and one of Pino's favourites :) Other than that, I'm not so sure. I enjoyed a lot just waking and riding one of the free bikes.

A.F.F.
25th March 2007, 15:39
Legoland is not in Copenhaguen, if I'm not wrong, it has to be about 3 hours by train.

Weird. I have driven through Denmark two times and it felt like there isn't such distances anywhere that would last over two hours :)

But if I go to Copenhagen, Legoland is a must see, am I right ?

tinchote
25th March 2007, 18:39
Weird. I have driven through Denmark two times and it felt like there isn't such distances anywhere that would last over two hours :)

But if I go to Copenhagen, Legoland is a must see, am I right ?

According to Mapquest, the drive Copenhagen-Billund is two and a half hours. I haven't been to Legoland (shame on me, I know :) ), but I would agree that it is a must see.

pino
26th March 2007, 07:22

Here's a short list of what you "must" visit and experience :

Tivoli and the brewery next to where you can taste one of the best beer ( home made) in the World.

Strøget, Europe's longest pedestrian street with "live" music,shows,exclusive shops and more.

Nyhavn, harbour canal and the most idyllic spot in Copenhagen.

The Little Marmaid and Langeline

The Open Air Museum, The National Museum, The Museum of Modern Art, The Carlsberg Glyptotek, The Botanic Garden, Thco Brahe Planetarium, Copenhagen Zoo.

A small village outside Copenhagen called Dragør

Bakken, Amusement Park

Canal and City Bus tour

and a lot more...

btw tin he's right, Legoland is about 3 hours drive from Copenhagen, but ut's worst the trip ;)

See you soon then ;)

Storm
26th March 2007, 07:22
I have heard even the pizza isn't that good thesedays in one of the pizzerias ;)

Unless its free :p :

pino
26th March 2007, 07:37
Actually there is a place where you can get one of the best pizza in the world, but spam isn't allowed in here, I'll PM you the name and address ;) :p :

Bebee
26th March 2007, 09:43
Okay... So apparently, Copenhagen is only good for stuffing your face? :s Sounds like the place for the Indian bloke who keeps changing his name... :p :

BDunnell
26th March 2007, 11:41
I like Copenhagen. It's a very pleasant city. I'd recommend a trip to Malmö while you're there, in order to go across the incredible bridge linking Sweden and Denmark.

nicemms
26th March 2007, 18:26
I'd agree with Bdunnel a trip across to Malmo is worthwhile. Tivoli is also a must.

I'd recommend going on the sightseeing buses as it is an easy way to get to all the sights without getting lost or confused.

If I remember correctly there are some nice parks.

jso1985
27th March 2007, 01:42
besides all that was already advised here, I suggest a trip to Helsingör and Helsingborg is aslo worth.

is Christiania still what it used to be? ;)

pino
27th March 2007, 09:51
is Christiania still what it used to be? ;)

Yes, almost the same ;)