PDA

View Full Version : How Good is Your Geographic? [4]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 12:30
Time to resurrect this fun game, methinks. :cool:

The rules are:
- He/She who gets the question right asks the next one.
- No googling, unless the asker expressly allows it.

---------------------

Which country is the world's largest producer of Brazil nuts?

Mark
26th February 2012, 13:22
China?

They're radioactive you know.

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 13:29
China?

They're radioactive you know.

Yeah, I remember seeing that on QI. Apparently, if you walk into a nuclear power plant with a pocket full of Brazil nuts, the radiation leak alarm is likely to go off.

Not China, though.

pino
26th February 2012, 13:50
India ?

tfp
26th February 2012, 14:02
Is it Brazil? :D

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 14:47
Is it Brazil? :D

You'd think it was Brazil, wouldn't you. :) But it's not. Brazil is the 2nd largest producer.

India ?

No, not India either.

donKey jote
26th February 2012, 15:14
Peru ?

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 15:25
Peru ?

Close! But no cigar. Peru is the 3rd largest producer.

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 15:46
A clue: We are in the same part of the world as Brazil and Peru.

That's right, in Africa. :p :

airshifter
26th February 2012, 15:49
Some say that the Carnival celebrations in Brazil produce many, many nuts!

Columbia?

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 15:53
Some say that the Carnival celebrations in Brazil produce many, many nuts!

Columbia?

Nope, but you're not far away!

airshifter
26th February 2012, 16:00
It's got to be right there somewhere!

Argentina? < hoping size would come into the picture :D

tfp
26th February 2012, 16:16
Damn, i was going to say argentina next...how about mexico? Id imagine its somewhere in south america?

pino
26th February 2012, 16:24
Can only be Venezuela then :p : btw great to bring one (mine) of the greatest thread ever alive again :up:

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 16:24
You're getting closer and closer, Airshifter! :cool:

Mexico is a little further away. :)

donKey jote
26th February 2012, 16:26
Ecuador ?

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 16:27
Can only be Venezuela then :p : btw great to bring one (mine) of the greatest thread ever alive again :up:

Indeed, Pino. ;)

But not Venezuela.

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 16:29
Ecuador ?

Nope, this country is below the equator.

donKey jote
26th February 2012, 16:33
ah :idea: so only 2 left :D

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 16:34
ah :idea: so only 2 left :D

4! :D

tfp
26th February 2012, 16:39
Below the equator, and its nearer to argentina than mexico....
We know its South america, and its not Brazil....Could it possibly be Bolivia? Then again its right next to Brazil, and its a smaller country, so probably not Bolivia....
This is getting my brain working :D

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 16:43
Below the equator, and its nearer to argentina than mexico....
We know its South america, and its not Brazil....Could it possibly be Bolivia? Then again its right next to Brazil, and its a smaller country, so probably not Bolivia....
This is getting my brain working :D

You're wrong, good Sir, because it is Bolivia. :up: They produce about half the Brazil nuts that are produced, anywhere.

Well done, and your question. ;)

tfp
26th February 2012, 19:37
You're wrong, good Sir, because it is Bolivia. :up: They produce about half the Brazil nuts that are produced, anywhere.

Well done, and your question. ;)

Haha! Well I never would have guessed that the first time!

Err...My question....

tfp
26th February 2012, 19:41
Ok, my question will mainly appeal to the marine-scientologist type of people...

The deepest point of the Earths ocean is Challenger Deep, but which country is located to the north of Challenger deep?

SGWilko
26th February 2012, 19:52
Greenland?

tfp
26th February 2012, 20:00
Greenland?

Nope, warmer than greenland :)

donKey jote
26th February 2012, 20:25
Japan ?

donKey jote
26th February 2012, 20:28
marine-scientologist type of people...
you mean like Tom Cruise Ship ? :eek: :crazy: :p

tfp
26th February 2012, 21:07
Japan ?

Bugger, you got it already :p

Yes, just south of Japan is the Mariana trench, and the deepest point of the trench is Challenger deep....

Ok Donkey, your turn ;)

Eki
26th February 2012, 21:08
Indonesia?

donKey jote
26th February 2012, 22:34
Err ok...
How round is the Earth ? :)

Camelopard
26th February 2012, 23:07
Not very, he says very tongue in cheek............................................

EuroTroll
26th February 2012, 23:21
How round is the Earth ? :)

It's flat, innit? It's a trick question? :p :

Eki
27th February 2012, 06:25
Is a circle round?

leighton323
27th February 2012, 06:32
22,000kms?? Hmmm (:

driveace
27th February 2012, 06:38
20000 Miles at a quick guess !

SGWilko
27th February 2012, 08:48
Doesn't it change shape due to gravitational forces from the Moon, or the rings around Uranus or something????

edv
27th February 2012, 14:09
Well, the shape depends upon the number of approximations required for the definition, doesn't it?
ie: the 1st approximation is a sphere, the 2nd an ellipsoid of revolution, etc.
The geoid is actually most like a slightly squashed golf ball (with the dimples), when it comes down to it.
So I'd guess that your question needs some clarification as to your expectation.

I remember these threads from way back...thanks for bringing 'em back!

Mark
27th February 2012, 14:18
Ok, my question will mainly appeal to the marine-scientologist type of people...

The deepest point of the Earths ocean is Challenger Deep, but which country is located to the north of Challenger deep?

United States.

schmenke
27th February 2012, 14:51
You're off by a Q there Mark :p :

Yep, good to have this thread back! Let's try to keep this one going :up:

As for the current, somewhat cryptic Q, I haven't the foggiest...

Donkey-dung round :mark:

Mark
27th February 2012, 15:00
You're off by a Q there Mark :p :

But I think I'm right as it's not Japan, it's an overseas territory of the United States.

As for the current, somewhat cryptic Q, I haven't the foggiest...
:

I remember that the Earth is an oblated spheriod - although I've no idea how to spell that :laugh: . My guess is that it's very round, apparently even with the earths mountain ranges it's still smoother than a billiard ball.

donKey jote
27th February 2012, 16:58
You're on the right track edv (and even Mark :o )... :p

The Earth is almost spherical like a billiard ball, and as (almost) everyone knows it's slightly flattened at the poles (mainly due to it's rotation and not being perfectly rigid so nothing to do with Uranus, SG :s ailor :) , i.e the circumference at the equator is slightly larger than that of a meridian through the poles.

Clarification for edv: how slightly is slightly? how spherical is the Earth? how "squashed" is it? how much larger is the equatorial radius than the polar radius? what's the flatness factor? ...

donKey jote
27th February 2012, 16:59
Is a circle round?
is your ball spherical? :erm: :arrows: :p

SGWilko
27th February 2012, 17:03
nothing to do with Uranus, SG :s ailor :) ,

Oh bum!!!

I knew a girl once who's belt size was equator....... :D

airshifter
27th February 2012, 17:21
The earth question is becoming too technical for me so I'll break it down to simpleton level.

If the earth were a billiard ball on the pool table of the universe, it would roll just fine. :D

schmenke
27th February 2012, 17:28
...If the earth were a billiard ball on the pool table of the universe, it would roll just fine. :D

Albert Einstein would argue otherwise :p :

Tazio
27th February 2012, 19:49
Not many choices left, I'll guess Bolivia

Eki
27th February 2012, 19:59
The earth question is becoming too technical for me so I'll break it down to simpleton level.

If the earth were a billiard ball on the pool table of the universe, it would roll just fine. :D
Is the pool table of the universe flat and rectangular?

EuroTroll
27th February 2012, 20:04

If you're answering the first question, you're right. But we've moved on already. :)

donKey jote
27th February 2012, 20:11

could maybe be seen that way... balanced on the backs of four elephants which, in turn, stand on the back of a giant turtle. :bandit: :D

donKey jote
27th February 2012, 20:12
time to click on page 3, taz :laugh:

EuroTroll
27th February 2012, 20:16
could maybe be seen that way... balanced on the backs of four elephants which, in turn, stand on the back of a giant turtle. :bandit: :D

But what does the giant turtle stand on? Is it turtles all the way down? :D

donKey jote
27th February 2012, 20:27
But what does the giant turtle stand on? Is it turtles all the way down? :D
;) :p

hmm... I think I'll start a thread "my turtle is bigger than your turtle" :D

Tazio
27th February 2012, 20:30
time to click on page 3, taz :laugh: This is page three Holmes. :confused:
BTW way why don't you delete some PM's I have some lies to tell you :champion:

tfp
27th February 2012, 22:22

Apparently its curved...But I havent got my head around that yet :p

tfp
27th February 2012, 22:25
Doesn't it change shape due to gravitational forces from the Moon, or the rings around Uranus or something????

I dont think it changes shape, but the tides etc are caused by the moon, and apparently, the gravitational pull of Jupiter....Nothing to do with my anus :D

Hang on, are we still answering the "is the earth round" question? I've lost track :laugh:

Tazio
27th February 2012, 22:49
But I think I'm right as it's not Japan, it's an overseas territory of the United States.
I think that would be Guam but it is not (as you mentioned) a Sovereign State. The Island of Yap is the closet island and is a Federal State of Micronesia
After the fact that the answer has been accepted, on the map it looks like it is closer to New Guinea, Indonesia, and The Philippines as well :s mokin:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Marianatrenchmap.png/300px-Marianatrenchmap.png,

donKey jote
27th February 2012, 23:36
If by country you mean land: Guam is Northeast, Yap is Southwest, Papua New Guinea is South, Japan is North :)

Apparently if you lie on the beach in Ecuador you'll be further away from the center of the Earth than at the top of Mt. Everest...
How flattened is the Earth, to the nearest .1 % ?

Breeze
28th February 2012, 01:31
Looks like folks are already getting bored with Donkey boy's question. I'll verture a random guesstimate that the polar meridian is 96.5% that of the equator, so the earth is 98.9% spherical. And I did all that without a lick of math!!!

Hey gang, how's it hangin?

28th February 2012, 05:24
Time to resurrect this fun game, methinks. :cool:

The rules are:
- He/She who gets the question right asks the next one.
- No googling, unless the asker expressly allows it.

---------------------

Which country is the world's largest producer of Brazil nuts?

1. Thread: Another shooting of innocents in US (http://www.motorsportforums.com/chitchat/150972-another-shooting-innocents-us.html)

by Bob Riebe (http://www.motorsportforums.com/members/bob-riebe-82968/)

Replies

Views

No ****sherlock! (http://www.motorsportforums.com/chitchat/150972-another-shooting-innocents-us-post1010044.html#post1010044)

No **** sherlock!

EuroTroll
28th February 2012, 08:33

Mine is hanging well, thank you. :erm: :p :

Eki
28th February 2012, 09:55
Mine is hanging well, thank you. :erm: :p :

But is your ball spherical?

EuroTroll
28th February 2012, 10:57
But is your ball spherical?

Should be! I'll go and check. :p :

tfp
28th February 2012, 12:32
Errr....whos turn is it? :-)

schmenke
28th February 2012, 14:26
...Hey gang, how's it hangin?

Hey Gar... er I mean Breeze, good to see you back. That avian companion of yours still kicking around? :p :

As to the current Q, I'll take a wild stab and guess that sun tanning on a beach in Ecuador my backside would be 0.8% higher in altitude than if freezing spherical parts of my anatomy at the North pole.

donKey jote
28th February 2012, 20:59
Looks like folks are already getting bored with Donkey boy's question. I'll verture a random guesstimate that the polar meridian is 96.5% that of the equator, so the earth is 98.9% spherical. And I did all that without a lick of math!!!

over to you, crow boy :wave: :D

factor 10 out but at least you stabbed a guess :up:

deviation from a sphere is roughly 1 in 300, in case anyone's remotely interested :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flattening
the Moon would make a better billiard ball (1 in 900), and Saturn (1 in 10) is almost as squashed as Eki's ball

donKey jote
28th February 2012, 21:14
As to the current Q, I'll take a wild stab and guess that sun tanning on a beach in Ecuador my backside would be 0.8% higher in altitude than if freezing spherical parts of my anatomy at the North pole.

sorry schmenks, although "0.8%" is fairly close to "0.3%", the Sun's altitude depends not only on where you're tanning or freezing but also on the time of day ;) :p
Horizontal coordinate system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altitude_%28astronomy%29)

Breeze
29th February 2012, 04:59
Oh, sheet. Thanks Donks, I was totally unprepared for that what with a complete WAG. But, since I'm here, your Q got me wondering what latitude would boast the greatest population density? For that matter, what longitude? More importantly, if I met at their intersection, where would I be? Roughly.

Hi Pet, em, schmenke. Glad to here you're hangin in there Studiose, and that Eki's 'nads are mostly round, though I could have done without that.....

Breeze
29th February 2012, 05:14
[quote="schmenke"]Hey Gar... er I mean Breeze, good to see you back. That avian companion of yours still kicking around?[quote]

Haven't heard from old Edgar in a Coon's age, but I do have some contact info. Maybe I should catch up and see what kind of trouble he's been getting into. :devil:

EuroTroll
29th February 2012, 07:11
Good question, Breeze! I would so want to look at a map right now, but off the top of my head, I'd guess:
- latitude 30 degrees North (going through North America, Europe, India or China, or so I hope)
- longtitude 30 degrees East (going through Europe and Africa)

Their intersection would, I guess, be somewhere around Greece.

Breeze
29th February 2012, 19:54
To look at a map would likely do you no good whatsoever. In any event you are wrong by about 4300 Km. 30 x30 would be a bit west of Cairo.

EuroTroll
29th February 2012, 20:11
To look at a map would likely do you no good whatsoever. In any event you are wrong by about 4300 Km. 30 x30 would be a bit west of Cairo.

Greece is not so far (4300 km!) from Egypt, surely. :)

tfp
29th February 2012, 23:21
Greece is not so far (4300 km!) from Egypt, surely. :)

Theres an idea for the next question....

What is the distance in KM's from Cairo to....Lets say Berlin..?

Gregor-y
1st March 2012, 15:22
What is the distance in KM's from Cairo to....Lets say Berlin..?
7585 (assuming that's Cairo, Illinois).

schmenke
1st March 2012, 16:05
As to the current Q (good one btw :) ), I would guess a latitude of ~40 deg. North which would comprise a good portion of Asia, Europe and the U.S.
Longitude? I’m going to guess a route that comprises Europe and some of Africa, so perhaps 15 deg. E?
Intersection would be, uh, middle of France :?:

Breeze
1st March 2012, 17:40
And with that answer, schmenke moves even further away from the epicenter of world population. :-(

donKey jote
1st March 2012, 18:19
I reckon latitude 30°N is a pretty decent guess, how about a meridian 90°E through Asia ?

Breeze
1st March 2012, 19:39
I reckon latitude 30°N is a pretty decent guess, how about a meridian 90°E through Asia ?

Getting warmer, based on year 2000 world cencus figures. Now only slightly less than 2200 Km away. One more good guess and you should be able to triangulate!

Actually I now recall we have three coordinated gueses. Studiose is 4400 Km away, schmenke is just shy of 5900 Km off and now Donkey at shy of 2200 Km. Time to break out the Pythagoras and Euclid tomes.

Firstgear
1st March 2012, 19:39
I was thinking something along those lines as well, but if I understood Breeze correctly (4300kms from Greece) then that wouldn't work.
I'd guess a lat that goes thru New York, and long going thru Cairo to catch eastern Europe & Africa. Don't know exactly what numbers (lat & long) those would be - but maybe it would land me somewhere in Poland?

Breeze
1st March 2012, 19:46
Try out this web site. Cool stuff if you like that kind of thing.
GPS Visualizer: Great Circle Distance Maps, Airport Routes, & Degrees/Minutes/Seconds Calculator (http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/calculators)

schmenke
1st March 2012, 20:13
Can't be Poland if I guessed France and I was off by 5,900kms :mark: .

The triangulation would work but I'd have to plot it on a map! LOL!

I'm thinking perhaps closer to the equator, say 15 deg. North and longtitude ~80 East which would place Edgar's tired wings somewhere in southern India?

Breeze
1st March 2012, 20:20
Can't be Poland if I guessed France and I was off by 5,900kms :mark: .

The triangulation would work but I'd have to plot it on a map! LOL!

I'm thinking perhaps closer to the equator, say 15 deg. North and longtitude ~80 East which would place Edgar's tired wings somewhere in southern India?

Now you are getting very warm schmenke!!! :bounce: Only 960kms to go!! More or less...........

donKey jote
1st March 2012, 21:01
960 km further north, say around the Ganges delta ? :p

donKey jote
1st March 2012, 21:09
Try out this web site. Cool stuff if you like that kind of thing.
GPS Visualizer: Great Circle Distance Maps, Airport Routes, & Degrees/Minutes/Seconds Calculator (http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/calculators)

cool stuff indeed :up:
except now I of course bombastically cheated by using t'internet to triangulate :( :arrows: :andrea: :p

Breeze
1st March 2012, 21:25
Nice pun Sr. Jote. Shall I give you the win?

donKey jote
1st March 2012, 21:34
no! I used internet and in any case I'll be away for a few days (1564 km away, bearing 16.245° :p ) so only intermittent forum access.

your website was too cool to resist :D

give it to the pun man schmonkey if he gets it and wants it...

Breeze
1st March 2012, 21:54
no! I used internet and in any case I'll be away for a few days (1564 km away, bearing 16.245° :p ) so only intermittent forum access.

your website was too cool to resist :D

give it to the pun man schmonkey if he gets it and wants it...

So there you have it, gents. Clues abound for the clever monkey who can sort them.

schmenke
1st March 2012, 22:21
The somewhat cryptic clues lead me to believe that the coordinates we're looking for might be in the vicinity of Mumbai? :mark:

Breeze
1st March 2012, 22:37
The somewhat cryptic clues lead me to believe that the coordinates we're looking for might be in the vicinity of Mumbai? :mark:

Schmenke got good grades in school because he payed attention. :monkeedan See how clever he is! :p :

schmenke
1st March 2012, 23:17
Schmenke got good grades in school...

You'd be surprised :p :

O.k., here's a geo tidbit that I recently came across that I found interesting, although the answer is really not that difficult when you think about it, so donkoogling should not be required :p :

At what approximate latitude is circumnavigation of the earth possible without touching land or permanent ice?

tfp
1st March 2012, 23:42
You'd be surprised :p :

O.k., here's a geo tidbit that I recently came across that I found interesting, although the answer is really not that difficult when you think about it, so donkoogling should not be required :p :

At what approximate latitude is circumnavigation of the earth possible without touching land or permanent ice?

Hmmmm! I guess just north of the Antarctic? No idea of the latitude though!

Breeze
2nd March 2012, 00:01
90° from equator to pole. Guessing about 75° S?

schmenke
2nd March 2012, 14:48
Your're both too far south.

edv
2nd March 2012, 14:58
Well, the Americas pose a formidable barrier to most of the latitudes, so I'd guess either 56 deg S (Tierra Del Fuego) or 83 deg N (upper tip of Greenland).

EuroTroll
2nd March 2012, 15:00
Maybe just south of Patagonia then? Would that be around 60 degrees S?

schmenke
2nd March 2012, 15:05
Yep, you both got it, edv and studiose.
Anywhere between 55 to 60 deg. south will do.

Since you two posted pretty much simultaneously you can squabble over the next Q :p : .

EuroTroll
2nd March 2012, 15:06
Edv was first. ;)

edv
2nd March 2012, 15:09
OK gimme a few minutes to prepare something that's Google-proof....

edv
2nd March 2012, 15:19
The world has seen the creation of many new countries over the past 21 years.
Here's one of them.
Name it.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/edvedv/crap/country1.png

EuroTroll
2nd March 2012, 15:22
Kosovo?

edv
2nd March 2012, 15:24
Not Kosovo.

Breeze
2nd March 2012, 15:37
Knowing that EDV likes to turn us on our head, Ukraine?

edv
2nd March 2012, 15:50
Not Ukraine, but you are correct regarding one of my predilections.

schmenke
2nd March 2012, 15:59
South Sudan?

edv
2nd March 2012, 16:04
South Sudan?

Correct!

It became a country last July...the 21 years thing was a red herring LOL

Breeze
2nd March 2012, 16:14
I like herring. No doubt why I took the bait. :rolleyes:

schmenke
2nd March 2012, 16:17
I thought the Q was a tad fishy.

I exhausted my current inventory of geo trivia on the last Q. Someone else have a go :p :

EuroTroll
3rd March 2012, 06:36
I've got a question.

There are only two countries in the world that are doubly landlocked, i.e. not only do they have no coast line, not only would you have to go through another country to get to the sea, but you would have to go through two countries to get to the sea.

One of those countries is in Europe and the other is in Asia. Name those two countries, s'il vous plait.

NB! The Caspian Sea and the Aral Sea (what's left of it) are considered lakes in this question, which they are. :)

tfp
3rd March 2012, 13:27
I've got a question.

There are only two countries in the world that are doubly landlocked, i.e. not only do they have no coast line, not only would you have to go through another country to get to the sea, but you would have to go through two countries to get to the sea.

One of those countries is in Europe and the other is in Asia. Name those two countries, s'il vous plait.

NB! The Caspian Sea and the Aral Sea (what's left of it) are considered lakes in this question, which they are. :)

Good question, I would look at a map but surely that is considered cheating :)
I'll take a wild stab in the dark with the one in Europe, could it be Switzerland? I have no idea of the one in Asia though!!

EuroTroll
3rd March 2012, 14:07
You're right, no maps allowed. :)

Switzerland is not a bad guess, but it isn't right, because it's only singly landlocked, not doubly. :)

Breeze
3rd March 2012, 14:11
Definitely a good question studiose. I'll venture the Euro country is Bulgaria and the the Asian country Tajikistan. Warmer but probably still wrong.

EuroTroll
3rd March 2012, 14:15
One of those is very close, Breeze. I'll say no more than that for now. :)

EuroTroll
3rd March 2012, 17:35
Maybe Hungary or Liechtenstein as the European and...?

A promising answer! But please give me a European and an Asian country, not two European ones. :)

Mark
3rd March 2012, 18:04
South Sudan?

Strange I looked at South Sudan on a map and discounted it.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2012, 18:12
Azerbaijan?

If you count that as the European country then I'd guess that one of the 'stans' has be the Asian one.

EuroTroll
3rd March 2012, 18:16
Azerbaijan?

If you count that as the European country...

I don't, as geographically it is not European. Even though they won the last Eurovision song contest. :)

...then I'd guess that one of the 'stans' has be the Asian one.

Please be more specific. ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2012, 18:26
So Azerbaijan was incorrect?

Erm, Romania and Uzebekistan? :\

EuroTroll
3rd March 2012, 18:31
So Azerbaijan was incorrect?

Yes.

Erm, Romania and Uzebekistan? :\

You're half right. :up:

Now let's put it all together, team. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2012, 18:43
Uzebekistan and Liechtenstein

EuroTroll
3rd March 2012, 18:49
Uzebekistan and Liechtenstein

Well done, Jon. :up: You're right. Liechtenstein and Uz-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan (thank you, Herman Cain) are the only two countries in the world that are doubly landlocked.

Your question. ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2012, 19:04
Rank these countries in order of their highest peak.

Australia
Brazil
Canada
Japan

tfp
3rd March 2012, 19:13
Well done, Jon. :up: You're right. Liechtenstein and Uz-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan (thank you, Herman Cain) are the only two countries in the world that are doubly landlocked.

Your question. ;)

I'm glad someone got that one, I'd have never guessed that one in a million years :p

Rank these countries in order of their highest peak.

Australia
Brazil
Canada
Japan

Good question....Canada is mountanous? I'd put that as number 1, if nothing else for the sheer size of the place. As for the rest of them...

Breeze
3rd March 2012, 19:47
Canada, Japan, Brazil, Australia. Hopefully I've got it wrong as I have no question in the hopper.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2012, 20:03
Canada, Japan, Brazil, Australia. Hopefully I've got it wrong as I have no question in the hopper.

Correct.

1) Mount Logan, Canada -5,959 m
2) Mount Fuji, Japan - 3,776 m
3) Pico da Neblina, Brazil - 2,994 m
4) Mount Kosciuszko, Autralia - 2,234 m

Breeze
3rd March 2012, 21:31
Dammit! Ok, pulling one out of the hat, from the documentary I just watched. The Nile river has two sources. Where are they and which delivers the greater voulme?

schmenke
3rd March 2012, 23:26
Dammit! Ok, pulling one out of the hat, from the documentary I just watched. The Nile river has two sources. Where are they and which delivers the greater voulme?

I've always thought that Lake Victoria was the source of the Nile. Didn't realise there were two. Haven't a clue as to the second :mark:

(Good Q's recently btw, keep 'em coming :) )

Tazio
3rd March 2012, 23:54
Jeez this takes me back to elementary school :idea:
I have 3/4's of the answer. The rivers are The White Nile and The Blue Nile.
:s ailor: The White Nile delivers the most volume IIRC.

Breeze
4th March 2012, 15:50
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. The question again is where are the sources and which delivers the greater volume? Perhaps I should clarify. Where is the source of the White and Blue respectively and of course the volume thing? I think I should hold out for a complete answer. As for the source location, lake name or country will do.

Tazio
4th March 2012, 16:00
The source of the White Nile is Lake Victoria. I don't know the source of the Blue Nile but I'm guessing it is in Ethiopia?! :confused:

Breeze
4th March 2012, 18:56
Mr. Alcatraz I'll assume your final answer is Lake Victoria, Ethiopia and the White Nile. Two out of three ain't bad, just ask Meat Loaf, but not good enough I'm afraid.

Tazio
4th March 2012, 19:11
The White Nile's is the most voluminous its source is Lake Victoria.
I don't know the source of the Blue Nile but I'm guessing it is in Ethiopia if the name of the countr is a legit source

D-Type
4th March 2012, 21:48
Blue Nile - Lake Tana, Ethiopia
White Nile - Lake Victoria (but some rivers flow into Lake Victoria
Greater Volume - over a year the White Nile, at peak flow the Blue Nile

tfp
4th March 2012, 23:06
Greater Volume - over a year the White Nile, at peak flow the Blue Nile

Swot :p ;)

D-Type
5th March 2012, 13:27
Ner - it's a question of where you grew up - and I grew up in Kenya, so these things are engraved in the memory..

I don't know whether I've got the flow thing right anyway (Wikipedia is a bit vague!). I know it's the Blue Nile that causes the annual floods (or it did until they built the Aswan Dam) but I don't know which has the higher flow over a year.

So, what it comes down to is that when Burton and Speke went looking for the source of the Nile 150 years ago they got it wrong. They should have turned left at Khartoum and followed the Blue Nile or having found (and named) Lake Victoria they should have looked for rivers flowing into it.

Breeze
5th March 2012, 15:08
Wikipedia is very clear on the volume. Still, best answer is still only 2/3 correct

EuroTroll
6th March 2012, 16:09
I guess it must then be:

...and the Blue Nile has the greater volume.

Breeze
6th March 2012, 16:50
Thank you studioe. You are correct. The sticking point was volume obviously. According to Wikipedia the Blue provides at least 56% even at low flow times.

EuroTroll
6th March 2012, 17:04
Cool. :cool: I do have a question, but I'd like to give this turn to D-Type, if he'll take it.

D-Type
6th March 2012, 20:25
Thanks! Here goes:

Which is furthest North: Indianapolis, Monza, or Suzuka?

Lousada
6th March 2012, 23:26
Suzuka

D-Type
7th March 2012, 00:09
SuzukaNo :down:

Tazio
7th March 2012, 01:24
:s ailor: Indy

driveace
7th March 2012, 07:20
Indianapolis

Matt121
7th March 2012, 07:30
Thats what I was going to choose.

D-Type
7th March 2012, 14:13
Monza

Correct :up:

I was surprised how far south Japan is compared to Europe.

EuroTroll
7th March 2012, 14:46
North = Alaska
South = Texas
East = New York
West = Hawaii
:?:

schmenke
7th March 2012, 14:47
Well, north is kinda obvious: Alaska
South: Florida
East: Maine
West: Oregon

Tazio
7th March 2012, 14:52
Northern Italy is pretty far north for what you would think of a Mediterranean country.

Here's your new question. Which states of the United States are farthest north, south, east and west?

Alaska is the furthest north and west. Hawaii is furthest south and Main :confused: is furthest east

schmenke
7th March 2012, 15:02
North = Alaska
South = Texas
East = New York
West = Hawaii

Agh, I forgot about Hawaii! :mark:

Tazio
7th March 2012, 15:12
Come on man give it up I'm pretty sure I'm right :p

Tazio
7th March 2012, 16:36
Alaska is the furthest north, west, and east I was forgetting the stupid Aleutian Islands cross the 180th parallel. Hawaii is furthest south

Tazio
7th March 2012, 17:13
Bingo! :up: I've won quite a few drinks with that question.

Your turn.
I bet you have ;)
Especially since the international date line takes a big jog around them.
Here is an easy one:
What portion of France would find yourself in if you were in were in Fort de France?

Bonus points if you can tell me what Bogart movie it was the setting of.

EuroTroll
7th March 2012, 17:23
I'm guessing we're in the overseas colonies, maybe French Guyana? No idea of the movie, though.

Tazio
7th March 2012, 17:31
French Guyana is incorrect!

schmenke
7th March 2012, 17:37
Would the movie be To Have and Have Not?

Tazio
7th March 2012, 17:40
You are correct sir, so give me the rest!!! :)

schmenke
7th March 2012, 17:49
...give me the rest!!! :)

Is there more?

Studiose answered correctly.
I only guessed the bonus Q (love Bogart films BTW :) )

Have Studiose post the next Q :) .

Tazio
7th March 2012, 17:53
What part of "French Guyana is incorrect" are you having a problem with ;)

Tazio
7th March 2012, 18:04
You got it mister! BTW "To Have and Have Not" was Bogey and Bacall's first movie together! your turn!

schmenke
7th March 2012, 18:04
...The other Bogey film from that era was Casablanca. Both extremely exotic locations for the time.

Not to mention The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, although not necessarily an exotic location :)

Sorry Alcatraz, didn't realise you were looking for the exact location :) .

Tazio
7th March 2012, 18:20
Not to mention The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, although not necessarily an exotic location :)

Sorry Alcatraz, didn't realise you were looking for the exact location :) .
Well I worded it in the way that I did because I didn't want to confuse people and I didn't want to say it was an island. BTW French Guyana is almost 1,000 miles from Martinique.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre
"Badges? We dont need no stinking badges" :laugh:

schmenke
7th March 2012, 18:23
..."Badges? We dont need no stinking badges" :laugh:

Classic :D

Tazio
7th March 2012, 19:13
Your turn Starter!

schmenke
7th March 2012, 19:52
Studiose...? :p :

EuroTroll
8th March 2012, 05:59
Ok! :) Now, it's been 20 years since the break-up of Yugoslavia. Let's see how well we can identify the new republics on the map.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/SFRYugoslaviaNumbered.png/250px-SFRYugoslaviaNumbered.png

Please put a country name to each number.

NB! 5 and 5b are one country.

Lousada
8th March 2012, 08:45
Ok! :) Now, it's been 20 years since the break-up of Yugoslavia. Let's see how well we can identify the new republics on the map.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/SFRYugoslaviaNumbered.png/250px-SFRYugoslaviaNumbered.png

Please put a country name to each number.

NB! 5 and 5b are one country.

1. Bosnia
2. Croatia
3. Macedonia
4. Montenegro
5. Serbia
6. Slovenia

Bonus: 5b: Vojvodina

EuroTroll
8th March 2012, 08:52
And 5a is of course Kosovo, which I'm sure you know, but forgot to mention.

Well done Lousada, I'll count that as a correct answer. :up:

Your turn.

Lousada
8th March 2012, 15:07
In 1960 there was a quadripoint in Lake Chad between Cameroon, Nigeria, Chad and a remaining British Colony. A quadripoint is where 4 borders meet in a single point.
In modern history (since the 19th century) there has been one other quadripoint (that was not disputed). The question is, where was it located? The question is specifically about countries.

schmenke
8th March 2012, 18:25
Wild guess:

Eastern Europe, including:
Austria
Croatia
Italy
Slovenia

But your Q is posted in past tense so perhaps the quadripoint you're after no longer exists today: :s

Captain VXR
8th March 2012, 19:46
The only one I can think of is at the borders of Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe, but that is disputed

Tazio
8th March 2012, 19:59
This is a very difficult question. Perhaps you qould give us a hint (like what hemisphere its's in)? At any rate I'm going to stick with Schmenke's theme of central Europe I'll guess
Austria
Hungary
Slovakia
Czech Republic

Lousada
8th March 2012, 23:02
It is in Europe yes. The trick in this question is the fourth part. This fourth country was conceived at the Vienna convention in 1815 and dissolved at the treaty of Versailles in 1919. The border point still exists, but it's now between three countries.

Tazio
9th March 2012, 13:40
The Kingdom of Sardinia
The Kingdom of Prussia
Switzerland
France
:s ailor: I think at least one of these borders may have ben contested'

Breeze
9th March 2012, 17:17
Thanks for the Clue. My answer is Prussia, Poland, Germany and Czechoslovakia.

EuroTroll
9th March 2012, 17:31
I'll go with Austro-Hungary, Prussia, Poland and Russia. I think the point may be in modern-day Poland.

Lousada
9th March 2012, 18:53
No your all wrong. Mr. Alcatraz is the closest. The reason they formed the extra country there was because of they couldn't agree on the ownership of a zinc mine. The compromise was to make the zinc mine an independent country.

EDIT: Okay I see where I might have made the mistake:

It is in Europe yes. The trick in this question is the fourth part. This fourth country was conceived at the Vienna convention in 1815 and dissolved at the treaty of Versailles in 1919. The border point still exists, but it's now between three countries.
In 1815 the first two countries formed a third country as explained above. Some time later they were joined at the border point by a fourth country. Later at Versailles the third country was dissolved, so only country 1, 2, 4 remained. Now I'm just giving the answer away I think.

Tazio
9th March 2012, 19:26
I am disqualified because I took a peak at a period map. Obscure (not to be taken negatively)Euopean history is not a strong point for me.
Good luck y'awl :up:

Lousada
9th March 2012, 21:44
I'm sorry, I didn't know it was that obscure. I think lots of people in my country at some point went on a schooltrip/holiday to the borderpoint and got the inevitable question about the four slices in the memorial there. As it was the only actual quatripoint in modern history I thought other people might have known about it too. Sorry if I made it too difficult.

Lousada
9th March 2012, 22:03
Okay I shall give the answer and ask a new question: it is the three border point between Belgium, Holland and Germany. Belgium was the most important mining and industrial area in the nineteenth century. And of course the Ruhr area over the border was and is also an important industrial area. That is why it was so important to control the mines. I think Belgian companies are still among the worlds leading zinc producers, but the mines have been long since closed obviously.

Okay new question:
This famous borderpoint between Belgium, Holland and Germany, is also the highest point of Holland. How high is it?

schmenke
9th March 2012, 22:44
Okay I shall give the answer and ask a new question: it is the three border point between Belgium, Holland and Germany. Belgium was the most important mining and industrial area in the nineteenth century. And of course the Ruhr area over the border was and is also an important industrial area. That is why it was so important to control the mines. I think Belgian companies are still among the worlds leading zinc producers, but the mines have been long since closed obviously.

So what was the 4th country?

EuroTroll
10th March 2012, 05:53
Okay new question:
This famous borderpoint between Belgium, Holland and Germany, is also the highest point of Holland. How high is it?

About 50 m above sea level?

Lousada
10th March 2012, 17:38
So what was the 4th country?

Neutral Moresnet.

About 50 m above sea level?

No.
By the way I mean highest point in mainland The Netherlands. The official highest point of the Dutch kingdom is on the carribean island of Saba, which tops at 877m. The highest point of The Netherlands is the Vaalserberg or "Mountain of Vaals" :p . This is less than 877m and more than 50m.

Tazio
10th March 2012, 23:20
:s ailor: 149 m

EuroTroll
11th March 2012, 19:45
I'll put in 250 m, just to keep the ball rolling. ;) Can't imagine it being more than that, anyway.

D-Type
11th March 2012, 21:47
Is using Wikipedia or similar allowed?

Tazio
12th March 2012, 01:33
Is using Wikipedia or similar allowed?

Not allowed :)

donKey jote
12th March 2012, 02:34

EuroTroll
12th March 2012, 06:12

Hey! This is a family forum! :p :

Lousada
12th March 2012, 10:52
You are not really up to date on the geography of The Netherlands it seems :o You're all too low.

EuroTroll
12th March 2012, 10:57
You are not really up to date on the geography of The Netherlands it seems :o You're all too low.

I know that most of it is under water. :p :

Alright, 350 m? We'll get there in the end. :cool:

schmenke
12th March 2012, 13:40
You are not really up to date on the geography of The Netherlands it seems ...

Nor are we on Neutral Moresnet ;) :p :

donKey jote
12th March 2012, 21:22
Hey! This is a family forum! :p :

sorry, I meant 96

Lousada
12th March 2012, 23:39
I know that most of it is under water. :p :

Alright, 350 m? We'll get there in the end. :cool:

Yes, now your getting there. You are rather close so I'm giving you the victory :p
The answer is it's 322.7m above sea level or 330m above the lowest point in Holland.

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 05:37
Ok, here goes.

We all know that oil export revenue can be a terrific boost to a country's economy. So I ask you: Which are the three biggest oil exporting countries per capita?

The volumes are:
1. country - 0.75 barrels per capita per day
2. country - 0.43 bbl pc pd
3. country - 0.28 bbl pc pd

Tazio
13th March 2012, 10:33
1. Kuwait
2. U.A.E.
3. Saudi Arabia

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 11:01
1. Kuwait
2. U.A.E.
3. Saudi Arabia

Good answer! But one of the three (no. 2) is not an Arabic country, nor is it Iran.

D-Type
13th March 2012, 13:14
Kuwait
Curacao
UAE

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 14:01
Kuwait
Curacao
UAE

Also a good answer! But Curacao is part of the Netherlands, which is not one of the three.

schmenke
13th March 2012, 14:28
Nigeria?

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 14:41
Nigeria?

Nope. Their population is huge (162 million), and the export barrels per capita per day only amount to 0.01.

Tazio
13th March 2012, 14:55
Good answer! But one of the three (no. 2) is not an Arabic country, nor is it Iran.
:s ailor: Hold the phone there Commodore, UAE is a country:

The United Arab Emirates, abbreviated as the UAE, or shortened to "the Emirates", is a country situated in the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia.
Why this cryptic reference about it not being an Arabian country or Iran. Your original question was what countries have the highest per capita bla bla bla ;)
Perhaps you can give me a clarification of what country I have wrong, until then I’m going to go with:

1. The Sultanate of Oman
2. Kuwait
3. Saudi Arabia

schmenke
13th March 2012, 15:24
Looking for something smaller eh?

How about The Kingdom of Brunei?

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 15:24
UAE is country, no question. :) What I meant was that in the right answer, country no. 2 is neither an Arabic country (so not UAE) nor Iran.

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 15:35
Looking for something smaller eh?

How about The Kingdom of Brunei?

I just realized I've made a terrible cock-up. :disturb: Forgive me, gents. :p imp:

I'll do my calculations again, and will be back with you soon...

edv
13th March 2012, 15:56
Well, Canada has a relatively small population and produces much oil.
For many years, Russia was the largest producer of oil, but it does have a hefty population.
Trinidad is a place that produces some oil, with a small population.
Then there's Norway...their production is now increasing due to recent discoveries, and their population is not that big....

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 16:13
I'll ask the question again, and we'll start from scratch, ok? I'm terribly sorry for the confusion; it was early morning and I missed a couple of countries from my list. :p imp:

So: Which are the three biggest oil exporting countries per capita?

The volumes are:
1. country - 0.75 barrels per capita per day
2. country - 0.61 bbl pc pd
3. country - 0.49 bbl pc pd

Two of the countries have already been mentioned, one by Mr Alcatraz and D-Type, the other by Schmenke. Please give me lists of three. ;)

And once again, solly, solly, solly, solly, solly.

schmenke
13th March 2012, 16:13

Thought about that, but at ~2M barrels per day of production (I think. Not sure of the actual export figures to our neighbours down south) and a population of ~35M, the math(s) equates to only 0.06M bpd per capita :mark: .

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 16:18
For many years, Russia was the largest producer of oil, but it does have a hefty population.
Trinidad is a place that produces some oil, with a small population.
Then there's Norway...their production is now increasing due to recent discoveries, and their population is not that big....

These are all good guesses, but they're not in the top 3. The numbers are:

Norway - 0.43 barrels per capita per day (no. 4 in the world)
T & T - 0.15 bbl pc pd
Canada - 0.06 bbl pc pd
Russia - 0.05 bbl pc pd

schmenke
13th March 2012, 16:47
So, all three correct answers have been posted?
How about:

Kuwait
Burnei
Saudi Arabia

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 16:48
So, all three correct answers have been posted?
How about:

Kuwait
Burnei
Saudi Arabia

No, only two of the three have been mentioned. And you are also 2/3 right. :cool:

EuroTroll
13th March 2012, 18:12
Just to clarify it a little, after a bit of confusion -- two of the three are Persian Gulf countries, one is not. Two of three have been mentioned, one has not.

D-Type
13th March 2012, 22:12
Qatar
UAE
Brunei

Tazio
14th March 2012, 01:59
Thought about that, but at ~2M barrels per day of production (I think. Not sure of the actual export figures to our neighbours down south) and a population of ~35M, the math(s) equates to only 0.06M bpd per capita :mark: . yea I was also thinking 'bout Y'awl boys. I think you have a lot more than your government lets on. :p :
:p : Just never serrender your liquid essence they are very taken with it

Tazio
14th March 2012, 02:01
Thought about that, but at ~2M barrels per day of production (I think. Not sure of the actual export figures to our neighbours down south) and a population of ~35M, the math(s) equates to only 0.06M bpd per capita :mark: . yea I was also thinking 'bout Y'awl boys have a lot more than your government lets on. :p : :confused:

EuroTroll
14th March 2012, 04:25
Qatar
UAE
Brunei

You're also 2/3 right.

All three countries have now been mentioned, so all we need is someone to put it all together. :cool:

schmenke
14th March 2012, 13:36
Kuwait
Brunei
Qatar

schmenke
14th March 2012, 13:41
yea I was also thinking 'bout Y'awl boys. I think you have a lot more than your government lets on. :p :
:p : Just never serrender your liquid essence they are very taken with it

In a few years time the recoverable petroleum reserves in Canada will exceed those of Saudi Arabia.
Canada is currently the world's largest exporter of crude oil to the U.S.A.
However, keep yer foot in the queue because our kite-flying friends in the far east are close behind ;) .

EuroTroll
14th March 2012, 14:23
Kuwait
Brunei
Qatar

Correctly Correctington. :up: Qatar is actually 2nd and Brunei 3rd, but I'll accept that as the right answer. The top 5 are:

1. Kuwait - 0.75 barrels per capita per day
2. Qatar - 0.61
3. Brunei - 0.49
4. Norway - 0.43 (<--- quite a surprise to me, that)
5. Saudi Arabia - 0.27

Anyway, your turn Schmenke. :cool:

schmenke
14th March 2012, 16:48
Thanks studiose :)

I can't think of anything challenging right now, so I'll throw in a Q based on a National Geographic show I recently watched on the telly :mark: :

Where can the sand dunes of Lençóis be found?

I had never before heard of this unique place and found it quite interesting :) .

Tazio
14th March 2012, 16:54
That sounds French. I'm going with Quebec Canada!

Then France

Then Algeria
:D

schmenke
14th March 2012, 16:58
Keep going :p :

Tazio
14th March 2012, 17:10
Looking back at that name there is one letter that does not look French. I'm totally in the dark on this one, so I have to wait until someone gets close, until I venture another guess. :)

EuroTroll
14th March 2012, 17:14
The name does indeed look a bit Frenchy, but I'm going with South America. Maybe Chile?

donKey jote
14th March 2012, 23:51
one letter that does not look French.
Looks portuguese... Portugal?

schmenke
15th March 2012, 01:00
Both studiose and Donks are close ;)

donKey jote
15th March 2012, 01:48
South America and Portuguese?

well I'll be dayammed :confused: :andrea:

I don't have a question ready so instead of the obvious I'll say Curaçao as it also sounds portuguese :p

Tazio
15th March 2012, 08:47
:s ailor: Brazil

Tazio
15th March 2012, 09:30

Tazio
15th March 2012, 09:45
http://www.city-data.com/articles/images/img7207216.jpg

What is the name of the largest caverns in the eastern US?
In which State are they located?

schmenke
15th March 2012, 13:50

Yes, it's a protected area in northeastern Brazil, on the Atlantic coast:
Lençóis Maranhenses National Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len%C3%A7%C3%B3is_Maranhenses_National_Park)

If you ever get a chance to watch the Nat Geo program, I highly recommend it :up: . Quite an interesting and unique ecosystem.

But, go ahead Alcatraz, pose a Q :p :

Tazio
15th March 2012, 14:57
Define "eastern".
No trick question here, :dork: east of the Mississippi on the continental U.S.A. :cool:

Tazio
15th March 2012, 15:01
Yes, it's a protected area in northeastern Brazil, on the Atlantic coast:
Lençóis Maranhenses National Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len%C3%A7%C3%B3is_Maranhenses_National_Park)

If you ever get a chance to watch the Nat Geo program, I highly recommend it :up: . Quite an interesting and unique ecosystem.

But, go ahead Alcatraz, pose a Q :p :

Thanks that place looks very cool! :up:

schmenke
15th March 2012, 15:11
Growign up in Montreal, my buddies and I would sometimes drive to Plattsburg to frolic on the beach at Lake Champlain. I remember locals talking about an impressive cave system somewhere in New York state that many tourists visited. I can't remember what it was called, or where exactly it was :mark: .

Tazio
15th March 2012, 15:41
You would be too far north!

Tazio
15th March 2012, 16:18
You are correct sir :)

D-Type
15th March 2012, 23:40
Quick one while people are thinking one up

Which capital is furthest east:
Edinburgh?
Cardiff?
Dublin?
Madrid?

Apologies to the non-Brits for being so parochial.

EuroTroll
16th March 2012, 06:21
Seems like the obvious answer is Edinburgh, so let's get that out of the way. :)

D-Type
16th March 2012, 12:43
Surprisingly, it isn't Edinburgh, which is why I posed the question.

donKey jote
16th March 2012, 13:10
Madrid?

D-Type
16th March 2012, 16:58
Madrid?

No

EuroTroll
16th March 2012, 16:59
Interesting!

EuroTroll
16th March 2012, 17:00
Interesting!

Can only be Cardiff, then. Or?

D-Type
16th March 2012, 17:10
Correct.

From Wikipedia the longitudes are:

Edinburgh - 3 degrees 11' 20'' W
Cardiff - 3 degrees 11' W
Madrid - 3 degree 41' W
Dublin - 6 degrees 15' 35" W

Until I was told, I never realised how far west Edinburgh is and that Britain runs more NW to SE than N-S

EuroTroll
16th March 2012, 17:17
Until I was told, I never realised how far west Edinburgh is and that Britain runs more NW to SE than N-S

Yeah, I guess we're all used to seeing Britain stand "upright" on a map, whereas it's actually tilted to the "left".

OK. I'm going to be a little parochial as well. This one is about flags. On your left you see the Estonian flag with it's colours: blue, black, and white. There is only one other country whose flag uses only these three colours. Name that country, please.

schmenke
16th March 2012, 17:44
I seem to recall one of the African nations having a flag all blue with white trim. Don't recall if there was black as well.
Nor do I recall the country :p :

That's all I have to offer, other than a wild guess... :mark:

EuroTroll
16th March 2012, 17:48
I seem to recall one of the African nations having a flag all blue with white trim. Don't recall if there was black as well.
Nor do I recall the country :p :

That's all I have to offer, other than a wild guess... :mark:

Go on, what's your wild guess? ;)

schmenke
16th March 2012, 17:51
If you insist :p : ...

Namibia

:mark:

EuroTroll
16th March 2012, 17:55
If you insist :p : ...

Namibia

:mark:

I like your answer, but unfortunately, alas. ;) Namibia's flag looks like this:

http://www.flags.net/images/smallflags/NAMB0001.GIF

BDunnell
16th March 2012, 18:20
I have to confess that I only this afternoon, in the course of work, saw the flag in question. It's Botswana, is it not?

EuroTroll
16th March 2012, 18:24
I have to confess that I only this afternoon, in the course of work, saw the flag in question. It's Botswana, is it not?

Indeed! Schmenke was very close, but Ben has got it. :up:

http://www.flags.net/images/smallflags/BOTS0001.GIF