PDA

View Full Version : World Rally Radio

Pinto
6th February 2012, 23:36
I'm hearing on twitter tonight that Colin and bec's are no longer with WRR,don't know any more at the moment

Rally Hokkaido
6th February 2012, 23:52
Colin says on fb that he is in Sweden but not allowed to work! What is going on?????

Rallyper
7th February 2012, 00:08
Now - this becoming more and more ridicoulus. Arenīt we gonna be able to listen to real rallyradio anymore? Whatīs this?

Pinto
7th February 2012, 00:30
I think WRR will be on air in some form

WRCfan
7th February 2012, 00:52
This is getting beyond stupid. No WRR for Sweden possibly? When the the WRC become F1?

wwbroe
7th February 2012, 05:48
What is the reason that Colin is not allowed to do his work? What the f...k is going on in our beloved sport? Hope it will work out for Sweden, because maybe WRR will be the only thing remaining. :(

Miika
7th February 2012, 06:08
After TV and radio the only thing left are the Czech-based result pages. And there is still a few days left to shut those down as well.

Langdale Forest
7th February 2012, 07:28
The WRC is now in a crisis

Sulland
7th February 2012, 07:36
Colin says on fb that he is in Sweden but not allowed to work! What is going on?????

What is the reason why they are not allowed to broadcast any more?

And why has Becs left the circus ?

7th February 2012, 08:25
FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A FONDO
7th February 2012, 08:26
You cant make progress without changes!

Voice of Rally
7th February 2012, 08:35
You cant make progress without changes!

Guys thanks for your support with this. Becs and myself are working hard to find a solution here and we are getting tremendous support from all corners of the service park. Just to reassure you, there will be a Rally Radio of sorts from Sweden, and Slowson, after the weekend, you can judge for yourself wether or not its progress!

cali
7th February 2012, 08:39
Colin, can you provide us the reasons for all of this mess?

Good luck and hopefully everything will be sorted :)

Rallyper
7th February 2012, 08:41
Thanks Colin! Words in time and not speculations!

I think your words cheer up us rallyfans a bit and that is what we need right now.

Please, keep up the good work and I think Iīm speaking for all the fans: We love to hear your and Becsies voices again!!

GigiGalliNo1
7th February 2012, 08:47
Ahh crazy news!

Kielder
7th February 2012, 09:57
First we almost lost the the images of the rally, now we're losing the voice. This is not the case that everything must change so that everything can stay the same, things are getting worse rally after rally, I don't know what will happen before Mexico. Good luck, Colin. We'll miss you.
And what about George? Will he work in Sweden? It was a nightmare hearing him in Monte...

Rallyper
7th February 2012, 10:24
What I think Colin says between the lines (this is speculations of course, but still) that WRR doesnīt have the single rights to broadcast WRC.

Thatīs why he tells us that he and Becs are working on a deal of their own.
For us itīs the same whatever the channel is only we can hear their familiar voices from every rally in WRC.

Thatīs what matters!

Wasted Talent
7th February 2012, 12:18
Good luck Colin, hope we get WRR up and running

WT

Motorsportfun
7th February 2012, 12:26
I really don't believe it's happening all that s*** in these weeks: TV deals, tv rights, radio...

carmichael
7th February 2012, 12:28
What I think Colin says between the lines (this is speculations of course, but still) that WRR doesnīt have the single rights to broadcast WRC.

Thatīs why he tells us that he and Becs are working on a deal of their own.
For us itīs the same whatever the channel is only we can hear their familiar voices from every rally in WRC.

Thatīs what matters!

well, somebody in one point has to pay for all that fun also! i don't know, maybe someone else knows, who could get me posted as well, but WRR is owned by Crown House Media, but who owns that CHM? Last year there Abu Dhabi was paying all the necessary costs i think, but who is the wallet for this year?

Pinto
7th February 2012, 13:19
I Rally are very very quiet on this whole development.rhey have been great on keeping every one up to date on the WRC crisis over the last weeks.

MJW
7th February 2012, 13:57
I Rally are very very quiet on this whole development.rhey have been great on keeping every one up to date on the WRC crisis over the last weeks.

I noticed that too. IRally has previously been promoting Colin Clark's pre event preview videos on I Rally. Nothing this time. As far as I was aware Colin and Becs were employed by Crown House Media, but Becs decided to leave after Monte.

BleAivano
7th February 2012, 19:12
Would it be possible for the Swedish local radio's rally radio to bring in Colin (and Becs) as "guest reporters"?

Miika
8th February 2012, 10:58

Sadly now confirmed Becs and I will not be doing radio this week. Big thanks to Rally Sweden organisers for trying to find solution.
https://twitter.com/#!/voiceofrally

wwbroe
8th February 2012, 11:02

That is very bad news, i am allways pleased to hear Colin's voice at the stop-finish of the stages. Really gutted by this news. :(

Rallyper
8th February 2012, 11:05
Yeah, me too. Very sad news. And who to put the blaime on? Will it be a revolution like a kind of Rally-Spring?

pete c
8th February 2012, 11:10
This is just another nail in the wrc coffin ,lose the fans as well.
what a cluster f###

DonJippo
8th February 2012, 11:19
This is just another nail in the wrc coffin ,lose the fans as well.
what a cluster f###

Becs and Colin won't be on the radio it says but the radio will be there.

Miika
8th February 2012, 11:23
If they have other stage-end reporter(s) plus someone in the studio then itīs all good but if itīs just someone reading results between songs in the studio then the show is pretty useless. Harsh maybe but I donīt care about who are on the air, all that really matters is the info plus the interviews.

Pinto
8th February 2012, 11:58
Colin done a great job the way he painted the picture at stage ends they way he portrayed the drama the excitement the sadness just brill.

For me the Craig Breen won the academy would not have been the same without Colin.heres hoping something can be sorted and that they'll be back

mm1
8th February 2012, 12:40
Rally radio will be on air, just playing crapy music, as is often the case :)

bretddog
8th February 2012, 12:41
I can't fkin believe what I read....

Please send your hate-email and sms to these contacts:
'glenn@rallysweden.com'; 'mailbox@rallysweden.com'; 'andreas@rallysweden.com'; 'jonas@rallysweden.com'
+46 (0)76-767 70 72, +46 (0)70-530 24 30
Contact Ŧ Rally Sweden (http://www.rallysweden.com/contact?lang=en)

Assuming they are responsible as holder of the production rights.. And if not at least they are in the information loop.

I understand a couple of core geeks want only to hear engine sounds all day, but I happen to love the WRR, despite it's 30% comedy show, and 30% cuddling instead of journalism. But it does create an atmosphere I believe appeals well to a broad fan base. Hearing the struggles of how to get between the stages and description of fans and surroundings, gives you a bit of a the true feeling of being out spectating. Which is something people may not think consciously about, but give us some other reporters, and I think you will miss what we had. No TV-production, unless live through all stages, can ever replace the radio, and not even then. You just can't beat live on-site reporting, period.

A FONDO
8th February 2012, 13:03
..and you love bullshyts like in Sardinia for "the mighty british Mini which have not only one but two exhausts!" ?

bt52b
8th February 2012, 13:08
I can't fkin believe what I read....

Please send your hate-email and sms to these contacts:
'glenn@rallysweden.com'; 'mailbox@rallysweden.com'; 'andreas@rallysweden.com'; 'jonas@rallysweden.com'
+46 (0)76-767 70 72, +46 (0)70-530 24 30
Contact Ŧ Rally Sweden (http://www.rallysweden.com/contact?lang=en)

Assuming they are responsible as holder of the production rights.. And if not at least they are in the information loop.

I understand a couple of core geeks want only to hear engine sounds all day, but I happen to love the WRR, despite it's 30% comedy show, and 30% cuddling instead of journalism. But it does create an atmosphere I believe appeals well to a broad fan base. Hearing the struggles of how to get between the stages and description of fans and surroundings, gives you a bit of a the true feeling of being out spectating. Which is something people may not think consciously about, but give us some other reporters, and I think you will miss what we had. No TV-production, unless live through all stages, can ever replace the radio, and not even then. You just can't beat live on-site reporting, period.

For me Colin & Becs brought the WRC alive, they had all the passion and drama that's missing from the TV. Hope they can get back on the air soon.

makinen_fan
8th February 2012, 13:18
..and you love bullshyts like in Sardinia for "the mighty british Mini which have not only one but two exhausts!" ?

this kind of bulls**** (in ur view, i like it) is what gave colin that amazing character that is so missed from the wrc media coverage. definitely wrc is poorer without wrr, hope they will be back soon

wrc_flipper
8th February 2012, 13:22
Sad news indeed, but we (I) don't know full story and before firing off mails to rally Sweden, Both Colin and Becs have been removed from the http://www.worldrallyradio.com presenters bit - so perhaps they have jumped ship and trying to do another radio/tv thing away from Crown House Media and CHM are not letting them? - just a thought.

Rallyper
8th February 2012, 13:22
What becomes the matter of TV-broadcasting, everyone should be comfort it will be good. No problems with that.

More problems why WRR not could let Colin and Becs go into the aair on RS.

Sulland
8th February 2012, 13:27
Sad news indeed, but we (I) don't know full story and before firing off mails to rally Sweden, Both Colin and Becs have been removed from the http://www.worldrallyradio.com presenters bit - so perhaps they have jumped ship and trying to do another radio/tv thing away from Crown House Media and CHM are not letting them? - just a thought.

Is this the reason Colin, or other matters. Can you pls tell us the real reason for why you can not send from Sweden ?

Wasted Talent
8th February 2012, 13:30
Very disappointing......hope to hear Colin and Becs again soon

WT

bretddog
8th February 2012, 14:01
Radio is radio, and you need a bit different people than on tv, specially for these long broadcasts. You need more personalities and people who like and are able to talk continuously. They need more intimacy, both with the athletes, and with the fans/listeners. And they do need humor. Also the sarcasm within the radio team I think is a great color. This type of continuous radio is alot about killing time, as it's impossible to fill such hours with hard content. You just can't have people who lack creativity and get lost for words. That will kill it in a second.

Colin is just a rarity in so many ways, you will not get alike, and also with a great knowledge about drivers, co-drivers and their rally history. Not to forget his enthusiasm and the hard effort made to actually reach all the stage ends he manages to do. Those who have been on a rally knows this is not always too easy. I'd like to see other reporters match even that performance.

I think they do a great job, and for us to be able to listen to splits without having to burn our eyes to the website all the time is important. As well as Becs giving instant info on what happens on the tracking system etc.

You can't like every single comment. Take what is good, and ignore the rest. You say Colin almost being attacked by a bear didn't make you laugh? Or when he felt a few rain-drops Becs suggested "maybe someone was spitting on him"? We need this bit of quality nonsense I think to keep it alive through a whole weekend.

Pinto
8th February 2012, 14:11
You've summed it up there

Allyc85
8th February 2012, 15:57
For me Colin & Becs brought the WRC alive, they had all the passion and drama that's missing from the TV. Hope they can get back on the air soon.

I couldnt agree more :)

Rallyper
8th February 2012, 16:23
Radio is radio, and you need a bit different people than on tv, specially for these long broadcasts. You need more personalities and people who like and are able to talk continuously. They need more intimacy, both with the athletes, and with the fans/listeners. And they do need humor. Also the sarcasm within the radio team I think is a great color. This type of continuous radio is alot about killing time, as it's impossible to fill such hours with hard content. You just can't have people who lack creativity and get lost for words. That will kill it in a second.

Colin is just a rarity in so many ways, you will not get alike, and also with a great knowledge about drivers, co-drivers and their rally history. Not to forget his enthusiasm and the hard effort made to actually reach all the stage ends he manages to do. Those who have been on a rally knows this is not always too easy. I'd like to see other reporters match even that performance.

I think they do a great job, and for us to be able to listen to splits without having to burn our eyes to the website all the time is important. As well as Becs giving instant info on what happens on the tracking system etc.

You can't like every single comment. Take what is good, and ignore the rest. You say Colin almost being attacked by a bear didn't make you laugh? Or when he felt a few rain-drops Becs suggested "maybe someone was spitting on him"? We need this bit of quality nonsense I think to keep it alive through a whole weekend.

+100

GigiGalliNo1
8th February 2012, 18:00
Sucks, I might just at the end of each day just see how the results are.. WRR night listen to see how it is first day and then after the event, check what's avail online to watch from WRC coverage.... I'm not excited as I was with monte...

Donalduck
8th February 2012, 18:14
Looking forwards to IRC.... this is just stupid!!

DonJippo
9th February 2012, 10:35
Based on what I've heard during this morning WRR with new voices are doing a good job IMO.

Kielder
9th February 2012, 10:42
I also think it was a good job. They're Mark James at the studio and Chris Rames and Neil Cloughley at the stages.

Sulland
9th February 2012, 10:42
Not bad, but still miss the old team with 'crazy' Colin and Becs' food stories and so on.

Jimmy Magnusson
9th February 2012, 10:51
Mark James! Can we please have him back as the TV voice over? Would be such an improvement.

Viking
9th February 2012, 12:35
Colin and Guru found something to do. :up:

Motorstv twitter
"Voiceofrally aka Colin Clark, and the Guru aka Julian Porter to voice Motors TV shows from Sweden starting friday 22.30 ! Pretty PROUD !!!"

mm1
9th February 2012, 13:46
That`s nice to hear/read

makinen_fan
9th February 2012, 22:53
from WRR on facebook:

A message from World Rally Radio

We’re sorry we have not been able to explain until now why Becs and Colin are no longer broadcasting on the station. Each told us after Monte Carlo that they did not want to continue, and after many years this is sad but understandable. However, we did make strenuous efforts to persuade them to stay, and hoped up to the very last moment that this would still be possible. Sadly, it is not: they are each pursuing their own new challenges, and we thank them both for what they did, and wish them well.

We hope you will welcome the new personnel who join Chris Rawes in bringing World Rally Radio to you. The same interviews, reports, analysis and style, the same minute-by-minute, stage-by-stage coverage from one of the most exciting sports in the world.

That hasn’t changed and won’t, and we hope that you’ll enjoy our coverage from Sweden and the rest of the season.

World Rally Radio

bretddog
9th February 2012, 23:20
And not to miss Colin's comment on that page:

"Guys, let me tell you, I live for rallying. It is my absolute passion in life and there is no way I’d just walk away from what I have very often described as the best job in the world. The circumstances are so much more complicated than this statement suggest and I really hope that very soon I can be back on air giving all you lovely fans what you really want to hear. Huge thanks for your continuing support."

cali
10th February 2012, 06:34
And not to miss Colin's comment on that page:

"Guys, let me tell you, I live for rallying. It is my absolute passion in life and there is no way I’d just walk away from what I have very often described as the best job in the world. The circumstances are so much more complicated than this statement suggest and I really hope that very soon I can be back on air giving all you lovely fans what you really want to hear. Huge thanks for your continuing support."

This official WRR press release was politically too correct, so I couldn't buy it at all. Something different is hiding behind the covers. Thanks for sharing this as it bring more light into the matter but still many questions are unanswered.

Miika
10th February 2012, 07:54
Judging by the WRR coverage from Sweden so far, who actually misses the old line-up? No pillow talk or other nonsense this time, just pure rallying.

MJW
10th February 2012, 09:01
Judging by the WRR coverage from Sweden so far, who actually misses the old line-up? No pillow talk or other nonsense this time, just pure rallying.
Different style, but very informative. I dont know who the stage end reporter is or his background, but hearing him giving stage times and using the word decimal when giving the fractions reminds me of listening to team radio scanners back in the 1990's. Less entertaining trivia but very informative on the rally itself.
I am very much looking forward to Colin Clark on Motors TV, as I always thought he should be doing tv comms instead of Paul King.

bretddog
10th February 2012, 09:01
Boring as heck.. Like a broken record. Hurts my brain already, after the first stage...

DonJippo
10th February 2012, 10:38
This official WRR press release was politically too correct, so I couldn't buy it at all. Something different is hiding behind the covers. Thanks for sharing this as it bring more light into the matter but still many questions are unanswered.

I believe the duo jumped the ship with plans to be on air for someone else than WRR but something went wrong from their point of view and they can't air anything at least for now.

Brother John
10th February 2012, 16:06
I am now satisfied with WRR and have listened all day what I did not do before.

GigiGalliNo1
10th February 2012, 17:26
hrmm.... yes it different... it's a change... but would be good to have the two back... 10 years guys... that's how long i've been listening for... but its good... but get them back haha

Sulland
11th February 2012, 12:24

Some like a 'german' (no BS) style, som like a more informal style with more humor and bla-bla. Classic mother-doughter scenario !!

bassist
11th February 2012, 13:57
Colin is a class act. Becs is great fun, and controls the press conferences very well, Jules is now a part of Rallying Folklaw and Mark James is `Mr Rallying` - why cant they all have a bloody job on the same project- it would be fantastic!!!!!! `Today at the WRC , with Mark, Colin, Jules and Becs`

Brother John
11th February 2012, 14:16
Colin is a class act. Becs is great fun, and controls the press conferences very well, Jules is now a part of Rallying Folklaw and Mark James is `Mr Rallying` - why cant they all have a bloody job on the same project- it would be fantastic!!!!!! `Today at the WRC , with Mark, Colin, Jules and Becs`

The point is who will pay them all?

bassist
11th February 2012, 14:24
The point is who will pay them all?

Ford, Citroen, BMW, VW and Toyota if they want to join the party!

A.F.F.
11th February 2012, 15:37
Show must go on and I think it's really good now :up:

Brother John
11th February 2012, 15:47
Show must go on and I think it's really good now :up:

Yes I think rally radio is good like it currently is.

Miika
12th February 2012, 09:25
Now that we got to hear WRR coverage with an alternative line-up, I gotta say I prefer this one. Question is, for how long will we get to keep it, before the traditional cooking/hairstyle/fashion/lifestyle channel show returns.

olschl
12th February 2012, 17:50
The elitist attitude that is so prevalent on this board is exactly what is killing the WRC. The casual fan needed to keep the WRC going wants color commentary and humor. We need to stop looking at what the experienced, hardcore WRC fan wants and more at what it is going to take to get new fans into the sport.

Miika
12th February 2012, 18:06
The colored commentary and so-called humor has been on the air for about an decade now, and I wouldnīt dare to call that period a victory parade for the sport or a time of increased fan base.. And why should it be so black&white, either the more "serious" approach or the standup festival?

Donalduck
20th February 2012, 18:47
Why isn't Colin and Becs at rally radio any more?

SubaruNorway
20th February 2012, 20:06
Why isn't Colin and Becs at rally radio any more?

At least Colin claims he isn't allowed to work, rally radio claims they left... so who knows!

Brother John
21st February 2012, 08:45
At least Colin claims he isn't allowed to work, rally radio claims they left... so who knows!

That is a fine example of corporate and political rivalry in the modern world.

Sulland
21st February 2012, 09:08
What has really happened here, with the rallyradio, new vs old crew, ownership and so on?

Donalduck
21st February 2012, 16:40
The WRR from sweden was boring. I really missed Colin and Becs. I hoped the would be back on the air in Rally Azores, but instead Julian Porter and Chris Rawes will be there! If Colin@voiceofrally is reading this!!! please tell us whats happening!

EightGear
28th March 2012, 10:27
I don't know why, but somehow Colin and Becs are back on WRR at the moment....

bretddog
28th March 2012, 10:56
I don't know why, but somehow Colin and Becs are back on WRR at the moment....

Like it! But it's not WRR I think.

wrc_flipper
28th March 2012, 11:04

two rally radios! One on wrc.com (with Becs and Colin) and the other on worldrallyradio.com (with the team from the last rally)

- huummm! :confused:

MR666
28th March 2012, 11:04

World Rally Championship - Fanzone - Listen Live (http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/listen-live/)

Follow the live coverage of Rally Portugal 2012 with our radio coverage. Becs Williams will be your host broadcasting live from the Estadio Algarve, Colin Clark and George Donaldson will report from the stage ends throughout the weekend.

'Live On-Air' times - all local to Portugal - are as follows:

Wednesday March 28 Qualifying Stage: 1015 (approx)
Thursday March 29: 1430 till approx 1600 then later at 2000
Friday March 30: 1130

Saturday March 31: 0930
Sunday April 1: 0730hrs

Great to have the old team back.

DonJippo
28th March 2012, 11:36
two rally radios! One on wrc.com (with Becs and Colin) and the other on worldrallyradio.com (with the team from the last rally)

- huummm! :confused:

I know which one I'm going to listen, not interested about breakfast menus or other irrelevant stuff...

Rallyper
28th March 2012, 11:37
World Rally Championship - Fanzone - Listen Live (http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/listen-live/)

Follow the live coverage of Rally Portugal 2012 with our radio coverage. Becs Williams will be your host broadcasting live from the Estadio Algarve, Colin Clark and George Donaldson will report from the stage ends throughout the weekend.

'Live On-Air' times - all local to Portugal - are as follows:

Wednesday March 28 Qualifying Stage: 1015 (approx)
Thursday March 29: 1430 till approx 1600 then later at 2000
Friday March 30: 1130

Saturday March 31: 0930
Sunday April 1: 0730hrs

Great to have the old team back.

Hurray!!

Welcome back Becsie, Colin and George! Things starting to be back in orders! :)

Well, DJ, I think those comments just put the spice on the whole broadcast, so no problems for me as long as the important stuff is there as well.

Kielder
28th March 2012, 11:51
The problem is which one is going to interview the drivers at the end of the stages. Both is impossible.

wrc_flipper
28th March 2012, 11:55
The problem is which one is going to interview the drivers at the end of the stages. Both is impossible.

Well the TV crew will take preference and then whoever's got the biggest shoulders! ;)

bretddog
28th March 2012, 11:55

I doubt this problem will remain very long. There's only one official WRC radio. WRR is soon to be history.

EuroTroll
28th March 2012, 13:49
Listened to wrc.com's rally radio briefly and the sound quality was awful. :s The commentary was ok, though.

KKS
29th March 2012, 20:54
what a poor rallyradio this year :( . I'm disappointed, Becks and Colin be much better.

EightGear
29th March 2012, 21:37
what a poor rallyradio this year :( . I'm disappointed, Becks and Colin be much better.

Then listen at wrc.com.

tfp
29th March 2012, 23:32
I tried before, the god-damned app on my phone must be playing up :mad:

Sulland
30th March 2012, 07:19
Can anyone explain in a simple way what has happened with the rallyradio from last year till today?
Companies, people, mediarights and so on. I have lost track, and need to get this straight pls!

AndyRAC
30th March 2012, 08:26
As far as I know, CrownHouseMedia have provided the official World RallyRadio.....owned/run by Greg Strange....with Colin & Becs et al. However, they both left/or were pushed for pastures new.
CHM have continued to provide the WRR/iRally until this week – when a new company (based in Norwich, the same company rumoured after Monte to be the WRC Promoter) seemingly are the new Official WRR with Colin & Becs.
Just were this leaves CHM/iRally who knows......????

GigiGalliNo1
30th March 2012, 15:10
So WRR on WRC.com is the official WRR

Whilst Crown House Media's iRally Radio is unofficial?

KKS
30th March 2012, 18:23
Then listen at wrc.com.

Now it's clear, I have a habit listen WRR with direct link http://direct.sharp-stream.com/worldrallyradio.mp3 in winamp and think it's a same what we have on wrc.com

BTW: did you have new direct link on WRC.com rally radio?

GigiGalliNo1
2nd April 2012, 15:02
Crown House Media's World Rally Radio on iRally app is the OFFICIAL World Rally Radio whilst WRC.com is an offset Rally Radio. :)

Franky
2nd April 2012, 21:40
Crown House Media's World Rally Radio on iRally app is the OFFICIAL World Rally Radio whilst WRC.com is an offset Rally Radio. :)

As a name, yes.

But otherwise, how can something be an official radio, when the official championship site doesn't play it?

bt52b
3rd April 2012, 00:31
I thought there was only room for one RR, but if you consider that Nokia seem to be funding wrc.com, they aren't going to provide android, iphone, etc apps are they? Leaving crownhouse to look after iphone, android etc......

Really crap that wrc.com won't publish the stream link for wrc.com, loads of people can't run that rubbish flash based player; iphone, nokias, blackberrys etc.... The apps are great, but if battery life is critical, I'd prefer to just run a simple media player and direct link to the RR stream.

Both RR's have absolutely rubbish podcasts, say to compared to radiolemans.com, who provide full replays, magazine shows, feature and truly superb long interviews. None have made the stage end reports available, sometimes the best part of all the wrc coverage. Remember Colin in NZ when Loeb and Gronholm had the mega battle, now that would be a podcast to listen too.

Bit stupid that on Sunday at Portugal there were three stages and both RR's covered the same stage ends. They both need to move the studio presenter out on to the stages.

AndyRAC
3rd April 2012, 08:40
RadioLeMans are the dogs danglies......their archives go back quite a few years with ALMS, LMS, Le Mans, N24, etc utterly brilliant!! Quite often I'll be driving down to an event listening to a race on the car ipod.

KKS
28th April 2012, 13:01
Can somebody tell me how I can get a direct link for this web stream?
<meta base="rtmp://wowza02.sharp-stream.com/north1fmmp3"/>
<video src="north1fmmp3" />

?

KKS
28th April 2012, 13:05
Forget prev. post

A little bit of logic and:
http://direct.sharp-stream.com/north1fm.mp3

Kielder
3rd May 2012, 14:55
Crown Media House's WRR is broadcasting a new programme every Monday, avaliable as a podcast as well. At the same time they announce the show they criticize the current situation of the WRC:
http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2012/04/30/wrc-news/world-rally-radio-the-no-nonsense-approach-to-rallying/

P.S. I'm one of the spectators of the photo :D .

tintin
5th May 2012, 10:35
When you get to Rally GB you have the addition of Rally FM, which is the official station of the event, rather than the championship.

GigiGalliNo1
26th May 2012, 16:16
So with no Choice, are people listening to WRCLive? Becs/Colin on WRC.com?

iRally not in Greece, possibly going to NZ...

A FONDO
26th May 2012, 16:19
better silence than them

GigiGalliNo1
26th May 2012, 16:54
:o

bundykins
19th October 2012, 09:39
Anyone know how i can listen to wrc.com live radio on my android phone? If i use the web browser, i can't lock my phone, which isn't convenient when i am at work. And the screen light stays on which is draining my poorly battery lol
It was so easy to keep up with WRC thru the iRally radio app, but they stopped broadcasting after Portugal and i feel like my interest in the sport is drifting away as i can't keep up with it!

GigiGalliNo1
19th October 2012, 09:40
Puffin Browser possibly

bt52b
19th October 2012, 10:04
So thats most of the season that the ****ers who run the wrc live stream have ****ed up the audio stream. Why are they trying to get rid of fans? Shameless assholes are not even apologetic about it.

The encrpted 'rtmp://cp94290.live.edgefcs.net/live' stream they use is a pain in the ****ing arse on most platforms, dropping in and out, and crashing.

GigiGalliNo1
19th October 2012, 10:45
What?

rallyfiend
19th October 2012, 11:17
So thats most of the season that the ****ers who run the wrc live stream have ****ed up the audio stream. Why are they trying to get rid of fans? Shameless assholes are not even apologetic about it.

The encrpted 'rtmp://cp94290.live.edgefcs.net/live' stream they use is a pain in the ****ing arse on most platforms, dropping in and out, and crashing.

What on earth are you babbling about?

bundykins
19th October 2012, 13:50
Tried the puffin browser, the stream stops when you lock the phone.

Nelly
19th October 2012, 13:51
Yeah I switch the unlock off but it eats your battery

bundykins
19th October 2012, 14:00
You'd think that seeing as the tv coverage is so poor that they'd find a way to at least get their radio channel in peoples pockets via an app so people can follow the sport that way. The FIA are actively trying marginalise WRC.

AndyRAC
19th October 2012, 14:36
Doesn't seem to work on the Tune-In app - though it hasin the past.

Miika
19th October 2012, 14:52
Judging by the quality of the radio coverage, SS7 is driven in some unknown galaxy far far away.

prpr
19th October 2012, 15:02
The WRC app for Nokia Windows phone is being discontinued also after the end of the season. This was the only reason I bought a new Nokia at the start of the year, rather than switch to iPhone. WRC Live doesn't work on the Windows Phone browser either.

bundykins
19th October 2012, 15:07
Lol

bundykins
19th October 2012, 15:11
I hope Red Bull has some good ideas for getting WRC back in the media spotlight... Terrestrial TV coverage please :-)

bt52b
19th October 2012, 18:47
What on earth are you babbling about?

Doesn't work unless you have flash. Which is the biggest crock of......

On desktop it won't work without having a browser open.

Most phones, tablets and other mobile devices don't have flash.

Its pathetic that they were blowing on about getting iphones, as if everyone has an iphone. Then android. Then a nokia. Now it mostly works on neither.

Stupid to see the amount of people across forums and social media with no connection because they won't simply make the make a simple reliable audio stream available that works on most platforms. That worked fine for years, why f*** it up. Shouldn't have to download an app for every audio stream.

WRC really can afford treat it fans with such contempt.

Sulland
27th April 2018, 16:33
What was the reason they killed the WRR? Or did they?
Only to get us to pay for All Live, or was it another reason?

Not sure how many hours I have spent listening to them, but many over the years.
Especially the end of stage interviews has been good, to undersatnd more on why they went slow/fast on the different stages.

I will miss them!

pantealex
27th April 2018, 16:35
Money

AndyRAC
27th April 2018, 22:12
Huge mistake to get rid.....and if they think they can get people to sign up to WRC All Live, then they're deluded. WRC is a pretty small 'global sport'. I think this decision may come back to bite them on the @r5e.

There is a difference between radio & TV, and needs a different style of commentary; using the sound from visual pictures will not work. They think they know best - they don't!

rallyfiend
27th April 2018, 22:52
But if the number of people listening to it because of All Live dropped off significantly, is it worth the money?

That's probably the calculation they made.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th April 2018, 09:49
Live streaming was the future and now its here. No young person is going to want or accept just radio coverage of a sport.

Having both for a while would be nice for exising fans but its clearly not econonically viable.

AnttiL
28th April 2018, 12:51
There is a difference between radio & TV, and needs a different style of commentary; using the sound from visual pictures will not work. They think they know best - they don't!

So let's assume a driver has a puncture or goes off. In WRC Radio we could only see that he stopped on the map or the split is missing. Now in the All Live audio stream we should be able to get a description of what happened, and I think this is an improvement. Of course, some people would rather listen to Colin Clark and Becs speculating and having chit chat.

steve.mandzij
28th April 2018, 14:14
So let's assume a driver has a puncture or goes off. In WRC Radio we could only see that he stopped on the map or the split is missing. Now in the All Live audio stream we should be able to get a description of what happened, and I think this is an improvement. Of course, some people would rather listen to Colin Clark and Becs speculating and having chit chat.Problem is now the WRC TV crew have images to work with. Since their main focus are the viewers they don't need to describe what's happening exactly because, in theory, whoever listens to them also sees what they see. it would be useless to them to describe what's happening.

I quite liked the radio, and when the news came around that someone had stopped and their reason was unclear those were tense moments.

KKS
7th May 2018, 13:31
anybody see in the internet that mash-up with funny quote from rally radio that they stream a last day of Corsica? They should upload that file, but I couldn't find them

Fast Eddie WRC
7th May 2018, 14:31
I listened to the ERC Radio for Rally Canarias and still enjoyed it.

As has been said it's a totally different medium and with its own advantages...