PDA

View Full Version : [IRC] Circuit of Ireland Rally 2012

Pages : [1] 2

RS
28th January 2012, 12:59
Sounds like this should be a good event.

Autosport are reporting that Breen and a few other locals will be there: IRC motorsport development manager Jean-Pierre Nicolas praises Circuit of Ireland route - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97198)

mousti
28th January 2012, 13:18
Offcourse Breen will be there, Barrable should be there too..

bluuford
28th January 2012, 13:33
Barrable-s Skoda is for sale since 14th of December already.

Mirek
28th January 2012, 13:43
That doesn't need to mean anything.

bluuford
28th January 2012, 13:56
That doesn't need to mean anything.
Indeed. There is one guy who has done some rounds in Estonian Championship and his car has been for sale since he bought this car :-) But when Ogier crashes more Skodas, then Volkswagen maybe needs some more ;-)

RS
1st February 2012, 12:36
Motorsport News today reports that Meeke is going to try to be there in a customer Mini. The rally will be split into two sections (national event for WRCars) and IRC entrants.

mousti
1st February 2012, 18:24
He should better do it in the S1.6t. What can he achieve in the WRC section rally.

Mirek
1st February 2012, 18:26
I think that Ron for sure meant Meeke wanted to start in IRC field.

RS
1st February 2012, 18:52
I think that Ron for sure meant Meeke wanted to start in IRC field.

Actually no, the article rather suggested that he would use Donelly's WRC spec Mini. I agree that it would be better to see him in the IRC field with the RRC spec but then he would only get any publicity if Mini registered for IRC anyway.

I guess the WRC Mini could easily be converted to RRC spec but I am not sure whether Prodrive will register for IRC? DR seemed kind of scared of it in the old days when he ran ISC/NOS.

Mirek
1st February 2012, 19:01
Aha, thanks for clarification.

noel157
3rd February 2012, 11:50
Rally Guide has been released:

http://www.circuitofireland.net/uploads/1328227850Circuit-of-Ireland-Rally-2012-Rally-Guide-1.pdf

Mirek
5th February 2012, 16:50
Is Hamilton Folly jump part of the IRC event? (I know S2000 don't fly but anyway)

noel157
5th February 2012, 23:34
Is Hamilton Folly jump part of the IRC event? (I know S2000 don't fly but anyway)

Unfortunately not, it's sometimes a stage on the Ulster rally.

Spectacular stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo8VYwi2Ng

Mirek
6th February 2012, 09:55
Aha, I thought it used to be part of this event...

liposh
6th February 2012, 10:19
Is there any possibility to get exact maps of Circuit of Ireland 2012 somewhere?

Pinto
20th February 2012, 09:57
there is no exact maps out yet while we would have an idea of stages been used and the areas of them there is nothing concrete yet.

its not common practise in ireland to relase stage map's to the public till closer to an event if you need to know anything please ask may be fit to answer some questions

Plan9
20th February 2012, 21:14
Actually no, the article rather suggested that he would use Donelly's WRC spec Mini. I agree that it would be better to see him in the IRC field with the RRC spec but then he would only get any publicity if Mini registered for IRC anyway.

I guess the WRC Mini could easily be converted to RRC spec but I am not sure whether Prodrive will register for IRC? DR seemed kind of scared of it in the old days when he ran ISC/NOS.

I agree. Have we had any updates on this situation? Will Kris be in a RRC MINI for some IRC rounds or not? I don't understand why he can't do any rallies this year...

I think this year is a waste for MINI/Prodrive and Meeke. I am not sure what Richards thinks he has to gain be benching Meeke (he will blunt his talent due to not competing in anything constantly).

noel157
21st February 2012, 20:12
I agree. Have we had any updates on this situation? Will Kris be in a RRC MINI for some IRC rounds or not? I don't understand why he can't do any rallies this year...

I think this year is a waste for MINI/Prodrive and Meeke. I am not sure what Richards thinks he has to gain be benching Meeke (he will blunt his talent due to not competing in anything constantly).

Money. Or to be precise, lack of money. But you never know....

noel157
14th March 2012, 22:35
Any news on European entries?

BDunnell
14th March 2012, 22:59
Aha, I thought it used to be part of this event...

I'm sure it was — for example, the first stage of the 1985 Circuit.

noel157
15th March 2012, 09:20
Another Mini arrives in Ireland and to be converted for IRC Circuit of Ireland:

McGarrity’s Mini will mix it with big guns - Motorsport, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/mcgarrityrsquos-mini-will-mix-it-with-big-guns-16131066.html)

wildboar
15th March 2012, 09:26
Another Mini arrives in Ireland and to be converted for IRC Circuit of Ireland:
McGarrity’s Mini will mix it with big guns - Motorsport, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/mcgarrityrsquos-mini-will-mix-it-with-big-guns-16131066.html)

Interesting: For the Circuit of Ireland the Mini will be converted to Regional Rally Car specification to make it eligible for the Intercontinental Challenge category.

Does that mean that Mini will also register as manufacturer? Otherwise it would still not be eligible for IRC.

RS
15th March 2012, 09:31
The car can compete against the IRC boys, just he can't score points or get on tv unless Mini register. On Ypres last year, Snijers(?) did the same.

Wim_Impreza
15th March 2012, 10:53
The car can compete against the IRC boys, just he can't score points or get on tv unless Mini register. On Ypres last year, Snijers(?) did the same.

Yes, it was Snijers. He will do also Ypres this year with the Mini.

PLuto
16th March 2012, 02:46
There are talks between Eurosport and Prodrive about registration to IRC. We must wait for final answer...

Plan9
16th March 2012, 06:23
There are talks between Eurosport and Prodrive about registration to IRC. We must wait for final answer...

Exciting! Is there a cut off date for registration or can Dave take his time?

RS
16th March 2012, 08:26
Exciting! Is there a cut off date for registration or can Dave take his time?

I think it can be at any time.

I hope though it is in time for Ireland so that we can see McGarrity and maybe Meeke.

mousti
16th March 2012, 12:47
I hope it works out, for Snijers it would be great, for McGarrity it's not that important if Meeke would start with the S1.6t then it would be interesting alot for the rally coverage.

Pinto
18th March 2012, 20:40
Meeke will not compete on the Circuit thats the strong talk about,there was some talk of him doing it in McGeehans mini but more than likely that will be kept in WRC spec and Eugeene Donnelly will drive it in the Irish Tarmac Championship Rally

RS
18th March 2012, 21:21
No Meeke is a real shame. Would have been a good opportunity for Prodrive to have reversed the negative press (and to have promoted the RRC Mini) to support him for this one rally.

banksy87
19th March 2012, 11:16
there is no exact maps out yet while we would have an idea of stages been used and the areas of them there is nothing concrete yet.

its not common practise in ireland to relase stage map's to the public till closer to an event if you need to know anything please ask may be fit to answer some questions

Thinking about coming over for this event. Is there any new on entry numbers and stage maps to make the decision on booking to pricey Ferry easier? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

liposh
19th March 2012, 12:02
Do you think organizers will reveal the accurate and exact maps at least few days before rally? ...I haven´t found any accurate maps from last few years on web. Are the accurate maps at least in printed version of rally-guide?

Pinto
19th March 2012, 14:47
First spectator stage is in Belfast the event hq is in Armagh with stages around Armagh,down,Tyrone your best bet is a ferry into Belfast or larne

Best area to stay would be in the general Armagh area I'll post up general stage maps later on when I get to a pc any other info I'll be glad to help pm me or post on here

Pinto
19th March 2012, 18:54
here are map of the general area of the stages
Spectators Information | Circuit of Ireland Rally | 6-7 April 2012 (http://www.circuitofireland.net/2/spectators/)

just click on maps down the end of page

Mad cat jnr
19th March 2012, 21:39
From listening to the IRC radio, all the stages will be free except the Titanic stage, which to me is brilliant.

I will be there competing on the International event with Chris Ingram in the Twingo R2 Evo

mousti
19th March 2012, 21:58
From listening to the IRC radio, all the stages will be free except the Titanic stage, which to me is brilliant.

I will be there competing on the International event with Chris Ingram in the Twingo R2 Evo
Didn't know u were here on the forum too, Joe! :D

Nice that u'll start there too!

Mad cat jnr
20th March 2012, 00:01
Mousti, sorry not sure who this is? :P

But yeah really looking forward to it!

mousti
20th March 2012, 00:32
It's me Bram, lol :p

mousti
21st March 2012, 10:56
Mousti, sorry not sure who this is? :P

But yeah really looking forward to it!
Hehe, it's Bram :p

Test video of Breen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SLRy9eTZxY

banksy87
21st March 2012, 13:25
Beleive the entrylist should be published today??

Pinto
21st March 2012, 13:51

Stages allways free over here,it's just a case of get your maps and head to the stages,saw the pice in Motorsport news on ye best of luck to ye over the Easter weekend

Magarrity out this week on the midland rally as a shakedown for the circuit

Tom206wrc
21st March 2012, 17:13
I hope Bryan Bouffier will be there :mark:

Pinto
21st March 2012, 22:01
Beleive the entrylist should be published today??

no it will be out on friday

Pinto
21st March 2012, 22:01
I hope Bryan Bouffier will be there :mark:

yes would hope as well but i have herd no talk of this happening

52Paddy
22nd March 2012, 13:01
I had this event in the back of my mind for the past few months. It was still a possibility for me to attend until recently when my road car packed in :(

Pinto
22nd March 2012, 19:01
im hearing 40 entries in the IRC section and another 60 national runners also there may be another mini on the event,im sure tomorrow will leave things a bit clearer

Plan9
23rd March 2012, 01:44
There will be a Rally Forum at this event:

Star guests at the Circuit of Ireland Rally Forum (news, cars, other, circuit_of_ireland_2012_rally_forum) - UTV Drive Magazine (http://magazine.utvdrive.co.uk/news/cars/other/circuit_of_ireland_2012_rally_forum/3363-star-guests-at-the-circuit-of-ireland-rally-forum.htm)

Looks like it could be quite interesting. Might be worth going to hear the latest from Kris if nothing else.

Tom206wrc
23rd March 2012, 12:33
Entrylist :confused:

noel157
23rd March 2012, 18:31
No full entry list yet. It might be worth waiting for, maybe not..............

Full Skoda team, Andreas, Jan and Juho. New plan from Skoda?

Press release from today:

GLOBAL RALLY SUPERSTARS CONFIRM CIRCUIT ENTRIES
Entry list revealed for 2012 Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally

A spectacular line up of international drivers has been revealed for the 2012 Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally, including reigning IRC Champion, Andreas Mikkelsen.

The Rally entry list is packed with entries from both international and local rally heroes who will be battling the clock this Easter Weekend 6/7 April for the coveted Circuit title.

This year the entrants will have the added pressure of the Titanic Super Special Stage which takes place at 5pm on Good Friday in Titanic Quarter, Belfast.

Andreas Mikkelsen, the youngest champion in the history of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, will spearhead the line-up of for the Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland at Easter. The 22-year-old Norwegian, who won the IRC title in dramatic fashion in the final event of last season, leads a powerful Skoda assault on the rally which begins from Belfast City Hall on Good Friday (April 6).

Mikkelsen will be backed up by Finland’s Juho Hanninen, the champion in 2010, and Czech Jan Kopecky, who has been runner-up in the series for the past three years, as Skoda seek to retain the manufacturers’ championship.

Super 2000 Skoda Fabias will also be driven by rising German star Sepp Wiegand and Ireland’s 2010 Billy Coleman Award winner Robert Barrable, the former UK and Irish Citroen Trophy champion.

Mikkelsen, who drives for the Skoda UK team, became champion when he won the final two 2011 rounds in Scotland and Cyprus, snatching the title from under the nose of Kopecky, and this season has followed up with victory in the Azores, the first driver to win three IRC rallies in a row.

He also led round two, the Corte Ingles Rally in the Canary Islands, until the last stage but an engine problem saw him fall back and lose out to Kopecky.

No stranger to the Circuit of Ireland having begun his career as a teenager, not in his native Norway, but on Irish and UK events, Mikkelsen has graduated to the top of the IRC rankings and returns to Belfast as the charismatic fresh face of international rallying.

Mikkelsen is No.1 in a starting list of more than 100 cars in the international and national categories of the rally which will also see the Peugeot challenge led by Ireland’s World Academy champion Craig Breen, who is now the current leader of the World Super 2000 championship.

The 22-year-old from Waterford will move from Ford to Peugeot to join the French Sainteloc team for the first of four IRC appearances in an evolution 207. His team-mate will be Mathieu Arzeno, one of France’s most exciting young talents and a protégé of World champion Sebastien Loeb.

Top Ulster driver in the entry list is Alastair Fisher, 23-year-old nephew of three times Circuit of Ireland winner Bertie Fisher.

Fisher has set his sights on succeeding Breen as WRC Academy champion this year but will make three IRC appearances in an S2000 Ford Fiesta run by M-Sport, Ford’s World championship team.

Irish drivers will be strongly represented in the IRC two-wheel-drive Cup category where Marty McCormack, reigning British F2 champion, and Mark Donnelly, current leader of the British series, are among the leading entries. They take on experienced Europeans such as France’s Robert Consani and Hungary’s Menyhert Krozser.

Former Irish Tarmac champions Derek McGarrity and Eugene Donnelly head the national entry, McGarrity in one of the new WRC Minis and Donnelly in a WRC Toyota Corolla.

They will be followed over the City Hall start ramp by Darren Gass (Subaru), winner of the opening round of this year’s Tarmac championship, the Galway International, and three times Northern Ireland champion Kenny McKinstry (Subaru).

Bobby Willis, Event Director of the 2012 Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally, is delighted with the entry field:

“The entry list is really strong for this year’s Circuit. The interest and support from the many international drivers wanting to get involved has been fantastic. But as always, it’s also great to see the entries flood in from our local Rally talent.

“The purpose built Titanic Super Special Stage on Good Friday will be spectacular for spectators and competitors alike. For the drivers, this is a particularly challenging stage and for the spectators, this is an incredible opportunity to see the action up close.”

Edit- Max rally on Skoda-

Skoda looks set to revise its policy of alternating Juho Hanninen and Jan Kopecky in its factory Intercontinental Rally Challenge team this season after confirming that both drivers will contest next month’s Circuit of Ireland.

Hanninen took part on the season-opener in the Azores back in February but was stood down for the last event in Canary Islands in favour of Kopecky, who promptly claimed victory having missed the trip to Sao Miguel.

Following his victory in Gran Canaria, which came after rival Andreas Mikkelsen was slowed by a mechanical fault on the final stage, Kopecky said he was unsure when his next appearance in the IRC would be.

“All I know is [this] weekend I am doing the Czech championship,” said Kopecky. “For the IRC it is open and I have no pressure about the drivers’ standings because I am here to help Skoda win the [manufacturers’] title.”

Mikkelsen, meanwhile, is confirmed for all 13 IRC rounds this season in his Skoda UK-backed Fabia.

The Circuit of Ireland has attracted approximately 100 entries between the national and international events from April 6/7. In addition to Hanninen, Kopecky and Mikkelsen, Mathieu Arzeno and Craig Breen are confirmed in a brace of Peugeot 207 S2000s, with Alastair Fisher the lone Ford Fiesta S2000 runner. Robert Barrable and Sepp Wiegand will also drive Fabia S2000s.

Bartek
23rd March 2012, 19:25
Another rally without Bouffier

noel157
23rd March 2012, 19:27
No extra entries, pity:

http://www.circuitofireland.net/uploads/1332530029International-Rally-Seeded-Entry-List.pdf

tolis
23rd March 2012, 19:55
No extra entries, pity:

http://www.circuitofireland.net/uploads/1332530029International-Rally-Seeded-Entry-List.pdf
3 Donnelly's, 2 of them are both called Mark and the sponsor is Donnelly Group! :D

RS
23rd March 2012, 20:01
No extra entries, pity:

Not brilliant but still best entry of the season so far in terms of quality IMO.

Surprised and pleased by Skoda adding an extra driver. Maybe they want to spice up the drivers title race a bit otherwise it's going to be a walkover for Andreas. Juho or Jan could both mount a title challenge even if they missed a few rounds if they score 1st/2nd when they decide to show up.

Win could go to any of the 'big three' or maybe Breen as an outsider too?

noel157
23rd March 2012, 22:23
I'd be very surprised if Breen can reach the podium without retirements ahead of him.

Tom206wrc
24th March 2012, 07:25
I'm pleased by the return of Martin McCormack ;) I was already expected him in British championship this season :(

noel157
24th March 2012, 09:29
I'm pleased by the return of Martin McCormack ;) I was already expected him in British championship this season :(

+1. I thought Citroen would reward him with more support after his success last season.

Pinto
24th March 2012, 12:13
after the Ulster rally last year the strong talk was marty got a works drive for this year in the BRC,but then around rally GB weekend Citroen pulled the rug out from underneath him and told him he had to pay,

its not saying alot for the IRC if its 3 rounds in and this is the strongest entry so far.if there wasnt a decent irish entry it would be a poor poor event.

RS
24th March 2012, 12:46
its not saying alot for the IRC if its 3 rounds in and this is the strongest entry so far.if there wasnt a decent irish entry it would be a poor poor event.

Not sure I agree with that, the entry list does have 3 of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world. UK rounds have never been well supported, I think it says more about the UK rallying scene than IRC to be honest. I expect fairly normal service to resume on events like Corsica, Barum, Ypres, Sanremo....

pantealex
24th March 2012, 14:24
Not sure I agree with that, the entry list does have 3 of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world.

I don´t see Ogier in that list, he is 1 of the 3 fastest S2000 drivers 2012.

WRCS14
24th March 2012, 14:28
I think the entry in UK IRC rounds is more to do with fact that local drivers have never purchased their own S2000 cars over the last say 4 or 5 years.

Between Irland and UK you have two countrys with much rally heritage and very good national championships but how many S2000 cars have been purchased, i no breen,brable, i cant think of many more. And even the 2 i mention i think were purchase relatively recently.

I think the uptake on S2000 cars was stronger in mainland europe which will give you more qaulity entrys in barum,ypres and so on.

RS
24th March 2012, 15:43
I don´t see Ogier in that list, he is 1 of the 3 fastest S2000 drivers 2012.

Definitely. But I said 3 of the fastest, not the 3 fastest :)

Having said that, I don't think he would be significantly ahead of the others, as Mikkelsen showed in Sweden.

Belfast-Andy
28th March 2012, 10:43
Looking forward to the Titanic quarter stage and the timing is fantastic. I work yards away from the stage, the Audi dealership, so I will be able to dander down after work.

Pinto
29th March 2012, 11:44
I think the entry in UK IRC rounds is more to do with fact that local drivers have never purchased their own S2000 cars over the last say 4 or 5 years.

Between Irland and UK you have two countrys with much rally heritage and very good national championships but how many S2000 cars have been purchased, i no breen,brable, i cant think of many more. And even the 2 i mention i think were purchase relatively recently.

I think the uptake on S2000 cars was stronger in mainland europe which will give you more qaulity entrys in barum,ypres and so on.

Here in Ireland for starters we do our own thing in rallying were no one to follow the uk,if anything at the moment only for good young Irish drivers the like of the BRC would be a poorer champ

Your attempt at defending the entry levels is kinda poor and your knowledge of things here are not to clued in either

So for your info Craig or rob have not bought their cars recently Craig has hîs car now for ac third season and rob is into his second Season with the car.Jonny Greer had a skoda till very recently.the mchale family were involved with the corsa S2000 project

And we have other drivers in the past with S2000's so the whole thing ain't alien to us.Perhaps the fact that our national championship runs WRC's doesn't see a huge influx of S2000

The fact is European drivers have shy'd away from this event as it would be out of their comfort zones.

Juha_Koo
29th March 2012, 12:18
The fact is European drivers have shy'd away from this event as it would be out of their comfort zones.

LOL yeah... Just like back in 2007 when all Irish guys we're telling how the local specialists would beat the cr*p out of Bosse, Loeb and other WRC guys in those highly specialized conditions when Rally Ireland was driven in the WRC for the first time.

noel157
30th March 2012, 09:41
Circuit preview programme broadcast on local TV last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZMlPoqUwnc

Pinto
31st March 2012, 14:59
look Juha im not into these rows or sneering match's if you want a cheap shot away with ya not my scene.

But Skoda and Pugeot are spending time testing last week all weekend and into next week,peoople may sneer and laugh at us but i know from persnal experience it take a bit to adapt a car off a european tar spec to an irish spec,no matter how some people see it

Mirek
31st March 2012, 16:38
look Juha im not into these rows or sneering match's if you want a cheap shot away with ya not my scene.

But Skoda and Pugeot are spending time testing last week all weekend and into next week,peoople may sneer and laugh at us but i know from persnal experience it take a bit to adapt a car off a european tar spec to an irish spec,no matter how some people see it

Craig Breen said last year in Barum something like that Your asphalt is pretty nice compared to Barum one where You meet five different sorts of asphalt in one kilometer with holes and bumps everywhere :D

Pinto
31st March 2012, 17:20
skoda testing in monaghan

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CRSpicscom-Irish-Rally-Photography/221317604558033

BlackMotorsport
1st April 2012, 01:04
Skoda Motorsport - Circuit of Ireland Testing - Day 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1-6YiCV6g)
1st Day of testing with Skoda Motorsport drivers Jan Kopecky and Juho Hanninen. More testing videos to come soon!

RS
1st April 2012, 09:32
Skoda Motorsport - Circuit of Ireland Testing - Day 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1-6YiCV6g)
1st Day of testing with Skoda Motorsport drivers Jan Kopecky and Juho Hanninen. More testing videos to come soon!

Fabia looking mean with the black lights. I guess they must be using the short gearbox here, they are hitting the limiter alot.

Mirek
1st April 2012, 11:28
The long gearbox they used in Valašská Rally last weekend is for top speed 181 km/h and with the works car You can reach that speed pretty quickly. I think from zero it could be around 13 seconds. We would need a comparison with some others for whom we know their top speed ;)

Pinto
2nd April 2012, 17:30
Marty McCormack get a deal together for this weekends Circuit things were look shakey but great news to hear Marty will be out

www.martymccormack.com (http://www.martymccormack.com/news/12coi01.html#rally)

jbmarcus21
2nd April 2012, 19:09
What do u think about top 6 from Circuit Ireland ?

Marc Donnelly with EVO IX could be in top 6, not ?

Nornbugger
2nd April 2012, 21:04
What do u think about top 6 from Circuit Ireland ?

Marc Donnelly with EVO IX could be in top 6, not ?

I'd expect Jennings and Kelly to be the quickest in GpN.

It will be interesting to see how the new 207 does against the Fabias, although the Skoda driver lineup is pretty formidable

RS
2nd April 2012, 21:26
This event has only once been won by a "foreigner" and Craig Breen is aiming to keep it that way: In the spotlight: Craig Breen - News - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/news/detail/id/205)

Pinto
2nd April 2012, 22:11
no Donnelly ill not be near the top 10 he faired out just ok yesterday in Kerry against our second national champ GPN drivers

i would think you will have the three works Skodas Craig Breen Ali Fisher Rob Barrable or perhaps throw in Garry Jennings hes on a good run of form in the Evo 9

some pics from todays skoda test,i see Rob Barrable is running on D Mack's

http://www.rally.ie/stories/120402-221141

BlackMotorsport
2nd April 2012, 23:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGXbRcsCyWk

RS
3rd April 2012, 09:51
What can we expect from Matthieu Arzeno? He has been quick on Monte but I guess he is not used to these types of roads.

Pinto
3rd April 2012, 10:40
well i can only think been breens team mate can be a big help both are testing today

bluuford
3rd April 2012, 10:52
What can we expect from Matthieu Arzeno? He has been quick on Monte but I guess he is not used to these types of roads.

He is going to end up fighting with Wiegland I guess. His last appearence outside the France was September 2010, Spain (I consider Monte as France) and he crashed on the first stage there.

The only hope for Peugeot podium is Breen. If the new car resists Irish roads:-)

Mirek
3rd April 2012, 10:56
What can we expect from weather?

bluuford
3rd April 2012, 11:21

I have not looked it very precicely (I am still a bit sleepy since Portugal and I do not know which region the rally covers I assume it is close to the northern border?) but seems that all the water went to Portugal and risk of rain in Ireland is close to zero, Maybe minimal amount of some fog kind of rain at some point of the rally. But, the temperature might drop below zero degrees during some morning stages. Mostly the temperature should be between +3..+5 in the morning, +8..+10 during the day.

Mirek
3rd April 2012, 12:01
Thanks

jbmarcus21
3rd April 2012, 16:46
no Donnelly ill not be near the top 10 he faired out just ok yesterday in Kerry against our second national champ GPN drivers

i would think you will have the three works Skodas Craig Breen Ali Fisher Rob Barrable or perhaps throw in Garry Jennings hes on a good run of form in the Evo 9

some pics from todays skoda test,i see Rob Barrable is running on D Mack's

rally.ie - Stories - Photos & Video: Mikkelsen and Barrable pre Circuit of Ireland test (http://www.rally.ie/stories/120402-221141)

thanks ;)

BlackMotorsport
3rd April 2012, 18:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-X49HSc_vs
Mikkelson and Barrable Testing

Pinto
3rd April 2012, 20:21

weather could be mixed at the moment its a mix of showers of sleet and rain and dry spells temps will prob be in the reigon of lows 2 to 4 and highs of around 10

noel157
3rd April 2012, 20:53
Hailstones and some snow today I believe. Rain on Friday, dry on Saturday but cold-ish, no more than 8c.

Pinto
3rd April 2012, 22:17
Arzeno testing today

On Board Arzeno-Jamoul Circuit of Ireland 2012 Test - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vy0rlNIC-0)

also a few pictures of Breen and Arzeno

http://www.picturesofireland.ie/Peugeot_Test_030412/album/index.html

BlackMotorsport
3rd April 2012, 23:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdJhEQf92S8

RS
4th April 2012, 10:19
Really looking forward to this event now. Entry lists might be weaker than many IRC events in the past, but we still don't know who's gonna win! Mikkelsen should have a bit of an advantage with his prior knowledge of Irish roads, Kopecky is on good form but I think he generally prefers faster events with wider roads and Hanninen can never be discounted. The Peugeot looks good in the testing video, maybe Breen really can challenge?

Pinto
4th April 2012, 11:58
Tyres will play a big part in this event and along with the weather with recent rain and prob rain on friday mud will be a big factor
skoda have serious millage put in testing in the last few days in monaghan,pugeot only ran yesterday so id say big advantage is with the skoda drivers

WRCS14
4th April 2012, 14:49
I am sorry I do not know much about Irish rally, I only follow for maybe last 10 or 12 year but I not know of any Irish Champion who comes to WRC or even Europe event.

Ok I forgot Fisher has a Fiesta also. I dont think the Irish drivers will be fast enough against profesionals in this event. I think Ireland WRC rounds illustrates profesionals will go fast immediately on stage 1. I understand Irish WRC cars run seperate race in this IRC round on maybe some of the same stages so we should see good time comparsion there also.

Ok Breen has more Irish rally experience, and now fast evolution Peugeot but in Portugal I see Paddon can still take 10 to 20 seconds from him on one stage.

I think Arzeno has make good progress up to 2012. He go very fast in Monte Carlo from stage 1 so maybe he same in Ireland but also no get to finish?

I expect much from Kopecky and Mikkelson for top of podium. This rally I look forward to now.

PLuto
4th April 2012, 18:18
Ok Breen has more Irish rally experience, and now fast evolution Peugeot but in Portugal I see Paddon can still take 10 to 20 seconds from him on one stage.

It is difficult to use Portugal for comparison as this year edition was really specific due to conditions. And Breen had problems with engine...

Fast Eddie WRC
4th April 2012, 21:26
This might be an interesting innovation ...

Circuit of Ireland fans can track drivers using GPS eye in the sky

03-Apr-12 @ 12:33 PM
http://www.irishtarmac.com/images/news/circuitlogo12.jpg

When the Circuit of Ireland makes its debut in the Intercontinental Rally Challenge series next weekend fans are to be given a rare opportunity to follow their favourite drivers from a virtual eye in the sky.

For the first time in the UK they will be given access to a GPS tracking system which has, until now, only been available to rally officials.

It is primarily used as a safety measure, pinpointing accidents or incidents for rescue crews, and is a vital tool for clerk of the course Gordon Noble and his team in rally control.

But Bobby Willis, rally director of the Donnelly Group Circuit, has decided to open it up to the public, allowing them to follow the action stage by stage on personal computers and smartphones fitted with data cards.

“Rally fans, whether out on the stages, stuck in the office or at home, will be able to track competitors throughout the event using software which will be available free at the click of a button on the Circuit of Ireland website next week,” he said.

“Rallying has always had a strong fan base with tens of thousands of spectators attending events like the Circuit.

“But if you are out watching a stage you often have no idea who is leading or which position your favourite driver is in.”

Using Google Earth mapping and data services provided by Vodafone, the system links to a GPS tracking device fitted to every car and they appear on screen as dots which are identified by their start numbers.

Full details of how to access the system will be on the rally’s website, Circuit of Ireland Rally | 6-7 April 2012 (http://www.circuitofireland.net), next week along with the smartphone app which has been set up by Galway rally co-driver Robbie Ward and the team at Appfluenz.com.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th April 2012, 21:29
PREVIEW:

THE BATTLE FOR VICTORY

Andreas Mikkeslen starts the Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally with an 18-point advantage in the race for Intercontinental Rally Challenge title glory. And the defending IRC champion can also count on some ‘local’ knowledge having rallied extensively in Ireland during his early career.

However, the ŠKODA UK Motorsport driver has yet to win a round of the IRC on asphalt and the last non-British or Irish win on the Circuit of Ireland was back in 1979 when the late Finn Pentti Airikkala triumphed.

The Finnish challenge this year is represented by 2010 IRC champion Juho Hänninen, who finished second to Mikkelsen on the season-opening SATA Rallye Açores but missed the next round in Gran Canaria after his ŠKODA Motorsport team nominated Jan Kopecký for the asphalt event instead.

Kopecký took victory and will be looking to build on that maximum score and his recent successes in the Czech championship when he heads to the Circuit of Ireland for the first time.

The ŠKODA line-up is completed by Sepp Wiegand, who drives for the make’s German importer and has impressed on his last two IRC appearances this year, plus County Dublin’s Robert Barrable, who showed his worth against the IRC regulars with a point-scoring finish on the IRC-counting Ypres Rally in Belgium last season.

Mathieu Arzeno and Craig Breen will count on the exciting upgrades made to Peugeot’s 207 Super 2000 to bring them success next weekend. The car has been widened by 20mm to provide improved cornering stability, while minor bodywork changes will aid brake cooling and air flow around the wheel arches. While rising star Arzeno is new to the Circuit of Ireland stages, talented Irishman Breen has extensive knowledge of the terrain and will be expected to fly.

Alastair Fisher is the lone M-Sport Ford Fiesta S2000 driver on the entry. Like Breen, the 23-year-old from Northern Ireland has a wealth of local knowledge to count on, not to mention an abundance of pace and the expert guidance of his co-driver Rory Kennedy, who partnered Fisher’s late uncle Bertie Fisher to three Circuit of Ireland victories in the past.

IN THE SPOTLIGHT: CRAIG BREEN

Irish talent to start IRC campaign on home ground in uprated Peugeot

Your first IRC appearance of the season and your first in a Peugeot 207 S2000, how did your test go last week?
“It was exceptionally good, the car is very much a Tarmac racer. Straight out of the box it was very, very good, stable and powerful. Having spent time developing my Fiesta S2000 I’m going to have to drop everything and start from the ground up but I’m sure Peugeot can give me a car capable of winning.”

What can drivers competing on the Circuit of Ireland for the first time expect?
“Ireland is different to anywhere else in the world with big jumps, compressions, dips and narrow roads. In a Super 2000 car it’s horrific to try and keep the car in the middle of the road.”

So finding an optimal set-up isn’t easy then?
“It’s a compromise between gravel and Tarmac settings. The biggest thing is you need to have as much travel in your suspension and you will find the left wheel is never doing what the right wheel is doing. The roads are also uneven and you can do six kilometres on narrow lanes and then get onto a wide and smooth road before it goes narrow again. It’s a big compromise but a fantastic challenge.”

How much will your local knowledge help you?
“I’ve never driven in the region where the stages are but I’ve done the Circuit twice. The first time was in a completely different area, the second time was quite close to where this year’s rally will be but we crashed on the second stage. Okay it’s home advantage in that I know what the stages can be like but I won’t get to see them until I do the recce next week. I just hope it stays dry because if there is rain then it will be very slippery.”

What can you achieve on this rally?
“I want to win and showcase what I can do in my own country. I want to find a good pace on Friday evening and then push like hell on Saturday and try to get a win. It will be difficult first time in the car but if we put the homework in early in the week and have a good recce it’s very possible.”

Goren
5th April 2012, 19:35
is there anywhere I get the shakedown times?

tolis
5th April 2012, 19:38
Where can I find the itinerary?

PLuto
5th April 2012, 19:40
Where can I find the itinerary?

Here: Autosport : IRC - Circuit of Ireland Rally (IRC) (http://www.autosport.cz/zavody/?id=1019)

or here: Circuit of Ireland International Rally 2012 - Time table - Rally-Base (http://rally-base.com/2012/circuit-of-ireland-international-rally-2012/time-table/)

tolis
5th April 2012, 19:49
Here: Autosport : IRC - Circuit of Ireland Rally (IRC) (http://www.autosport.cz/zavody/?id=1019)

or here: Circuit of Ireland International Rally 2012 - Time table - Rally-Base (http://rally-base.com/2012/circuit-of-ireland-international-rally-2012/time-table/)
Thanks! :)

liposh
5th April 2012, 20:35
Now I see I am really lucky man because I live in Czech republic. We have got so many informations about all the rallies, maps of rallies, photos of spectator places to plan you rally-trip in advance without any troubles, sometimes shakedown times, two years ago we also had that GPS tracking called ONI system etc. (I don´t know what is the situation present days). The Circuit of Ireland rally official websites looks very professional and beautiful but it is NOTHING important inside one day before start. It is real tragedy.

RS
5th April 2012, 20:54
Now I see I am really lucky man because I live in Czech republic. We have got so many informations about all the rallies, maps of rallies, photos of spectator places to plan you rally-trip in advance without any troubles, sometimes shakedown times, two years ago we also had that GPS tracking called ONI system etc. (I don´t know what is the situation present days). The Circuit of Ireland rally official websites looks very professional and beautiful but it is NOTHING important inside one day before start. It is real tragedy.

From what I have seen the Czechs have about the best rally media in the world.

PLuto
5th April 2012, 22:02
Andreas Mikkelsen won shakedown - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13609

pettersolberg29
5th April 2012, 22:22
Andreas Mikkelsen 3.21.9

Juho Hanninen 3.24.7

Craig Breen 3.28.0

Jan Kopecky 3.28.8

Alistar Fisher 3.30.5

New livery for Mikkelsen too? Andreas and Ola fastest at shakedown. | Andreas Mikkelsen (http://www.andreasmikkelsen.no/blog/andreas-and-ola-fastest-at-shakedown/)

RS
5th April 2012, 22:28
Big gaps on shakedown.

Andreas' livery is the same as the normal Skoda Motorsport one, bit boring to have all the same. Don't know why they've done that.

pettersolberg29
5th April 2012, 22:34
Yeah any idea why he's ditched the Skoda UK one for the Official Skoda one?

mousti
5th April 2012, 23:07
He? That will not be his decision ;)

noel157
5th April 2012, 23:33
Fisher test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6sQCoVZ2w

pettersolberg29
5th April 2012, 23:39
He? That will not be his decision ;)

Haha fair point. I'll rephrase it! Any idea why the old livery has been ditched for the new one?

Luis Pacheco
5th April 2012, 23:41
Political reasons perhaps?

pettersolberg29
5th April 2012, 23:50
Maybe but it seems odd that Skoda UK would be happy for it. Maybe Official Skoda didn't want people thinking a 'private' team was beating there main one so makes Mikkelsen look like their driver too ;)

Mirek
6th April 2012, 08:28
What is the weather for today? I can see Breen, Fisher and Arzeno are on Pirelli. Could make things interesting if it's wet!

noel157
6th April 2012, 08:55
It rained overnight, roads wet, sky grey, about 7c at present but shouldn't be much more rain today or tonight, wind should get up and dry the roads, max of 10c.

6th April 2012, 09:36
Should be a good evening of rally then :D

liposh
6th April 2012, 09:56
From what I have seen the Czechs have about the best rally media in the world.

...and most beautiful girls in the world. And that is the much more important point ;) :D

A FONDO
6th April 2012, 10:31
Maybe but it seems odd that Skoda UK would be happy for it. Maybe Official Skoda didn't want people thinking a 'private' team was beating there main one so makes Mikkelsen look like their driver too ;)
That was good :) but they must change Breen and Fisher liveries too :D

Mirek
6th April 2012, 11:34

Sure not. I think that it has more to do with fact Škoda Italia is running three cars in Turkey this weekend so maybe Mikkelsens car is full factory including service crew.

Kielder
6th April 2012, 11:37
Is there any stage live on TV? I think I've read something about SS1, but weeks ago. :confused:

aykutbilir
6th April 2012, 12:16
...and most beautiful girls in the world. And that is the much more important point ;) :D

I think the most beatiful girls in the Europe are Czech ones :) So liposh you have to prove your words :D

dimviii
6th April 2012, 12:47
Circuit of Ireland Rally 2012 | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.386055338084258.88880.221317604558033&type=1)

dimviii
6th April 2012, 14:57
1 hour for stage 1?

Pinto
6th April 2012, 14:59
Sure not. I think that it has more to do with fact Škoda Italia is running three cars in Turkey this weekend so maybe Mikkelsens car is full factory including service crew.

No there trucks have been here since the weekend.look lads the whole flag thing is a sensitive issue round these parts all I'll say is let sleeping dogs lie and let's keep it rallying not political

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 15:14
No there trucks have been here since the weekend.look lads the whole flag thing is a sensitive issue round these parts all I'll say is let sleeping dogs lie and let's keep it rallying not political

Yeah, they definately wont want a car covered in the Union Flag running around Belfast, especially if it ends up winning the rally and getting all the publicity !

They forgot about the helmets though :D

http://www.andreasmikkelsen.no/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2012011134-682x1024.jpg

Andreas Mikkelsen might not like the taste of Guinness, but he’s certainly got a fancy for Irish black Tarmac – as the ŠKODA UK Motorsport driver set the fastest time on the Circuit of Ireland shakedown stage.

Together with co-driver Ola Fløene, who is now almost fully recovered from a nasty bout of ‘flu, Andreas did a total of six runs over the 3.35 mile (5.4km) stage, which was located on the outskirts of the event’s host city of Armagh.

Andreas was one of the first drivers onto the shakedown stage when it opened at 18.30, and the last to leave when it closed three hours later – underlining the determination and effort he and the ŠKODA UK Motorsport team are putting in to try and win the third round of the 2012 Intercontinental Rally Challenge.

“The first run was dry, but after the second it started to rain, so we tried different tyre compounds in the different conditions,” explained Andreas. “Everything is very good and I’m quite happy.”

pettersolberg29
6th April 2012, 15:19
@Pinto - nobody was getting political, but now you've turned it that way! All I'd say is that if Skoda UK chose to change the livery themselves then fair enough, but if they were asked by someone else to change it for fear of offending the natives then it's a bit pathetic really. What next? Get rid of the Union Jack next to the drivers/co-drivers name on the window? It's just a flag for pity's sake! And now it will be harder for the spectators who don't know quite as much to distinguish between the 4 Skoda drivers - just seems odd in my opinion.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 15:39
What is happening with the drivers in the Irish Tarmac Championship, are they running in the rally or not ?

It would be great to see the top 5 drivers in their WRC machines...

1 DARREN GASS (SUBARU)

2 EUGENE DONNELLY (MINI WRC)

3 GARRY JENNINGS (MITSUBISHI EVO)

4 TIM McNULTY (SUBARU)

5 DEREK McGARRITY (SUBARU)

Goren
6th April 2012, 15:46
Live Results

Sporttraxx Timing (http://timing.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/#itinerary)

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 15:50
Its ok the Irish National rally is running after the International cars featuring:

101 Derek MCGARRITY Mini Countryman WRC 9A

102 Eugene DONNELLY Toyota Corolla WRC 9A

103 Darren GASS Subaru Impreza S10 9A

N 104 Kenny MCKINSTRY Subaru Impreza 9A

N 107 Steve PEREZ Ford Focus WRC 9A

N 108 Stuart BIGGERSTAFF Subaru Impreza

:)

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 16:08
‏ @rallyeinfo_com (https://twitter.com/#%21/rallyeinfo_com) @SKODAMotorsport (https://twitter.com/#%21/SKODAMotorsport) Why the change of livery for Andreas this weekend?

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1785336484/TA2012_normal.png @SKODAMotorsport (https://twitter.com/#%21/SKODAMotorsport) @rallyeinfo_com (https://twitter.com/#%21/rallyeinfo_com) We're running all three factory SKODAs in the same livery as a bit of experiment. Which do you prefer, old or new?

Goren
6th April 2012, 16:24
Day 1 - Start List

Juho Hänninen will be first on the road when Circuit of Ireland gets under way this afternoon.

The cars run at 1 minute intervals.

Here's the running order

Hänninen, Mikkelsen, Kopecky, Breen, Fisher, Wiegand, Barrable, Jennings, Arzeno, Kelly, McCormack, Ring, Greer, Barry, Sam Moffett, Josh Moffett, Doyle, Krozser, Cansani, Mark Donnelly, Carmichael, Mavitty, Martin Donnelly, Tony Jardine, McMahon, Byrne, Ballantine, O'Connro, McGonigle, Carney, Agnew, Wood, Beattie, Ingram, Taylor

liposh
6th April 2012, 16:36
Finally the GPS website works (and my dreams about google earth maps comes true too ;) ): Circuit of Ireland (http://tracking.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/)
...and thanks to Google street view you can see who parked his car in front of one of those Belfast pubs :-D

HaCo
6th April 2012, 16:45
Finally the GPS website works (and it my dreams about google earth maps comes true too ;) ): Circuit of Ireland (http://tracking.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/)

If this works: AWESOME!!! :D

Ralph-Mario
6th April 2012, 16:46
SS1 really no live stream?

darkstar
6th April 2012, 16:55
big moment for breen from shakedown: IRC IRELAND BIG FRIGHT FOR BREEN - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id/260)

and a hanninen onboard from shakedown: IRC IRELAND HANNINEN ON BOARD ON SHAKE DOWN - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id_event/37/id/258)

those stages are reallye nice i must say, fast and narrow with this ruff tarmac, great!

Barreis
6th April 2012, 16:58
big moment for breen, from shakedown i guess: IRC IRELAND BIG FRIGHT FOR BREEN - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id/260)

Very good recovery.

darkstar
6th April 2012, 17:08
great, 2nd fastest time for wiegand ;) would be nice if he could keep this pace for the rest of the rallye but i doubt he will :)

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 17:19
SS1

All (http://timing.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/#) IRC (http://timing.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/#) National (http://timing.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/#)
Stage Classification

Pos No. Name Avg. speed Km/h Time Diff. prev Diff.

1 2 KOPECKY J. 51.9 2:11.8
2 6 WIEGAND S. 51.8 2:12.0 +0.2 +0.2
3 1 MIKKELSEN A. 51.4 2:13.0 +1.0 +1.2
4 4 BREEN C. 50.6 2:15.3 +2.3 +3.5
5 8 JENNINGS G. 50.5 2:15.5 +0.2 +3.7
6 18 MOFFETT J. 50.2 2:16.3 +0.8 +4.5
7 3 HANNINEN J. 50.1 2:16.4 +0.1 +4.6
8 7 BARRABLE R. 50.0 2:16.8 +0.4 +5.0
9 17 MOFFETT S. 49.9 2:17.1 +0.3 +5.3
10 5 FISHER A. 49.7 2:17.7 +0.6 +5.9

noel157
6th April 2012, 17:43
The real rally now begins.

N.O.T
6th April 2012, 17:49
The real rally now begins.

we still have 30 mins before the start...

bluuford
6th April 2012, 18:04
SS 1 Titanic,
Titanic was built in Belfast and it sank in 14th or 15th of April 1912 If I remember correctly. So, 100 years ago. Good name for the SS1

pettersolberg29
6th April 2012, 18:20
The GPS Google Earth tracker is really interesting even before the stages. Mikkelsen and Barrable seem to be stopping near each other which makes sense after their tests together, with Kopecky and Hanninen stopped near to each other and many of the locals like Breen, Greer and Fisher also near too. This is all new to me as I've never seen cars outside the stages before but didn't realise what they did between stages.

kubiczech
6th April 2012, 18:23
This is great!!! :-)

Finally the GPS website works (and my dreams about google earth maps comes true too ;) ): Circuit of Ireland (http://tracking.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/)
...and thanks to Google street view you can see who parked his car in front of one of those Belfast pubs :-D

pettersolberg29
6th April 2012, 18:35
Mikkelsen's 'dot' on GPS has stopped, and restarted with a bigger gap it seems

RS
6th April 2012, 18:36
Mikkelsen's 'dot' on GPS has stopped, and restarted with a bigger gap it seems

Sounds like a puncture then?

noel157
6th April 2012, 18:37
we still have 30 mins before the start...

Pedantic Mr NOT? :)

pettersolberg29
6th April 2012, 18:41
Looks like the GPS isn't 100% reliable - Andreas through ok

RS
6th April 2012, 18:43
Looks like the GPS isn't 100% reliable - Andreas through ok

Small mistake in one junction though... waiting for times!

had_zachau
6th April 2012, 18:55
mikkelsen
kopecky 10,8
breen 16,8

first results ..

HaCo
6th April 2012, 18:55
Wet conditions with slicks: no guts no glory :D

RS
6th April 2012, 18:56
I don't believe anything yet as Mikkelsen was car 1 but is not first on the road...

Mirek
6th April 2012, 19:01
It's a shame how not working the result system is. I must say in this case (however crazy expensive it is) the single timing in WRC is better because it always works somehow not sometimes well, sometimes not like in IRC where each event has its own timing...

noel157
6th April 2012, 19:10
eWRC working eWRC-results.com - results Circuit of Ireland Rally 2012 (http://www.ewrc-results.com/results.php?e=3534&s=24007&t=Circuit-of-Ireland-Rally-2012)

No Vysledky timing Mirek?

Mirek
6th April 2012, 19:12
Vysledky-rally.cz is same autosport.cz as rally-base.com and irc-results.com. Nowhere You have all times. All are many minutes late and incomplete (Hanninen missing) because there is nothing from source.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 19:15
It's a shame how not working the result system is. I must say in this case (however crazy expensive it is) the single timing in WRC is better because it always works somehow not sometimes well, sometimes not like in IRC where each event has its own timing...

Live times and positions | Best of Rally Live (http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/en/classements-en-direct-live-time-position/) Works well for me :)

Craig Breen 4th overall after SS2 - excellent start in his new 207 S2000 !

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 19:16
Good twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/rally_ie/coi-2012 (https://twitter.com/#%21/rally_ie/coi-2012)

And info on the National Rally: http://www.rallynews.net/report_detail.asp?rID=105&rrID=710&no=1&max=1

RS
6th April 2012, 19:34
Nice time by Arzeno on SS2 but it seems like Mikkelsen and Hannien are in a class of their own here.

noel157
6th April 2012, 20:01
Vysledky-rally.cz is same autosport.cz as rally-base.com and irc-results.com. Nowhere You have all times. All are many minutes late and incomplete (Hanninen missing) because there is nothing from source.

Ta, realise that.

noel157
6th April 2012, 20:21
That's better:

Circuit of Ireland International Rally 2012 - Results - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://irc-results.com/2012/circuit-of-ireland-international-rally-2012/)

dimviii
6th April 2012, 20:52
big moment for breen from shakedown: IRC IRELAND BIG FRIGHT FOR BREEN - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id/260)

and a hanninen onboard from shakedown: IRC IRELAND HANNINEN ON BOARD ON SHAKE DOWN - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id_event/37/id/258)

Guys watch from Hanninens onboard the same point where Breen had his moment,how Skoda absorbs much better the jump than 207.Really obvious different!

A FONDO
6th April 2012, 21:15
He lifted off the throttle before the jump

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2012, 21:16
Been out... what happened to Wiegand in SS3, lost 1:58.9 to the leader ?

EDIT - just seen, puncture :(

nr7wave
6th April 2012, 21:18
Been out... what happened to Wiegand in SS3, lost 1:58.9 to the leader ?

Puncture, I think.

mousti
6th April 2012, 21:27
News that Breen has suffered a fuel pump problem and will have road penalties applied as a result estimated at 1mins 30secs

pettersolberg29
6th April 2012, 21:45
Mikkelsen late from service

N.O.T
6th April 2012, 21:48
new leader Hanninen by 0.6

tolis
6th April 2012, 21:49
Gooooooooooo Juhoooo!!! :D

Mirek
6th April 2012, 21:52
Škoda festival on Titanic stage. As a show stage it definitely worked well :)
IRC IRELAND TITANIC SUPER SPECIAL STAGE - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id/262)

Mirek
6th April 2012, 21:59
Mikkelsen late from service

But his time came right after Juho, so I think he run in time, not?

Breen definitely not started in his time.

Francis44
6th April 2012, 22:00
I miss the times when IRC had 4 or even 5 drivers fighting for wins. Shame those beautiful stages are not home for those special fights anymore.

IRC a bit dead for me :( .

pettersolberg29
6th April 2012, 22:02
But his time came right after Juho, so I think he run in time, not?

Breen definitely not started in his time.

I assume everything is sorted - was told Andreas left late but maybe he escaped without penalty and made it up on the road. I'll try and find out.

Mirek
6th April 2012, 22:07
1:30 penalty for Breen

bluuford
6th April 2012, 22:23
1:30 penalty for Breen
shoot. new car, still the same problems...

pettersolberg29
6th April 2012, 22:28
SS5 cancelled

dimviii
6th April 2012, 22:37
reason?

tolis
6th April 2012, 22:40
Last stage is cancelled caused of medical problems for a resident along the stage.

Juha_Koo
6th April 2012, 23:09
Rain, mud, Irish roads... Can't wait for Skoda onboards! :)

anto-t
7th April 2012, 02:00
I caught mikkleson going off and a few others

Circuit of Ireland 2012 crash - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHHtjt9tIwc&list=UUqN7UAwvzG4mYUU3ipgn1CQ&index=1&feature=plcp)

HaCo
7th April 2012, 06:40

Circuit of Ireland 2012 crash - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHHtjt9tIwc&list=UUqN7UAwvzG4mYUU3ipgn1CQ&index=1&feature=plcp)

Very nice stages, thanks for sharing!

noel157
7th April 2012, 08:54
RPM (Irish motorsport TV programme) trailer from Day 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqhtMZGvK2g

Luis Pacheco
7th April 2012, 09:21
Škoda festival on Titanic stage. As a show stage it definitely worked well :)
IRC IRELAND TITANIC SUPER SPECIAL STAGE - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id/262)

Where is the plate number of Mikkelsen????

ProSpec
7th April 2012, 09:24
Alistair Fisher stopped moving on the live tracking screen?

tolis
7th April 2012, 09:28
Fisher out of the road
Jan Kopecky: "Very tricky, I think the two guys in front are crazy. There were big stones in the road." :D

Mikkelsen new leader by 0.6 secs

Pinto
7th April 2012, 09:40
Ali didn't pass here half way on redrock talk he's off

RS
7th April 2012, 09:41
I miss the times when IRC had 4 or even 5 drivers fighting for wins. Shame those beautiful stages are not home for those special fights anymore.

IRC a bit dead for me :( .

Corsica should be better :)

I hope Skoda let Juho and Andreas fight to the end.

RS
7th April 2012, 09:44
Ali didn't pass here half way on redrock talk he's off

2nd corner.

Irish boys have been a bit disappointing. Maybe partly the car and/or tyres though.

Mirek
7th April 2012, 09:56

Nice field dance by Mark Donnelly :D

Mirek
7th April 2012, 09:57
2nd corner.

Irish boys have been a bit disappointing. Maybe partly the car and/or tyres though.

This road conditions we had so far shall be ideal for Pirelli though. With drying out it will most likely be worse and worse.

noel157
7th April 2012, 10:11
I think it's not just the tyres..........

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2012, 11:50
The night run for those like me who missed it due to Eurosport timing ending the recording early ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmcJ-4BtKgI

tolis
7th April 2012, 12:09
Nice video: IRC IRELAND OFF ROAD MOMENTS IN SS3 - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id_event/37/id/266)

Mirek
7th April 2012, 12:24
Mikkelsens wheel after the morning loop:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/541935_10151469570595424_938672555_n.jpg

uranium
7th April 2012, 12:49
Mikkelsens wheel after the morning loop
He is lucky, as often ;)

bluuford
7th April 2012, 12:52
He is lucky, as often ;)

This is something you need to become World Champion or even IRC Champion ;-)

MJW
7th April 2012, 13:29
2nd corner.

Especially Breen, I expected him to challenge at the sharp end. His team mate stage times are comparible. Big gap in talent to Juho and Andreas.

RS
7th April 2012, 13:29
Fisher's crash: IRC IRELAND CRASH FISHER IN SS6 - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://www.ircseries.com/videogallery/detail/id/268/id_event/37)

uranium
7th April 2012, 13:44
Kopecky stopped at SS11??

Update: GPS fail. Looks Ok now

RS
7th April 2012, 13:49
4 stages and 35km to go, set for a big fight between Juho and Andreas!

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2012, 14:08
Especially Breen, I expected him to challenge at the sharp end. His team mate stage times are comparible. Big gap in talent to Juho and Andreas.

A bit harsh as Breen is in a new car (207) which is not as good as the Skodas plus he had road penalties...

And there is little local knowledge as he is from Rep Of Ire not N Ire ...

Looks like there is more to come though:
#Breen (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Breen) after @CircuitIreland (https://twitter.com/#%21/CircuitIreland) #IRCRally (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23IRCRally) SS10: "We are doing big big steps in the car improvements, many thanks to the team"

RS
7th April 2012, 14:19
Mikkelsen's small off om ss8, right by the Eurosport camera: IRC IRELAND OFF ROAD MIKKELSEN SS8 - Video Gallery - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge - Eurosport (http://t.co/eUXMhK3B)

mylesgibson
7th April 2012, 14:53
Some footage form yesterday- check it out of you have time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atO9z1F578g

RS
7th April 2012, 15:10
Overall times including national crews can be found here: Sporttraxx Timing (http://timing.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/#itinerary)

Quite big gaps to the top guys.

Mirek
7th April 2012, 15:26
Overall times including national crews can be found here: Sporttraxx Timing (http://timing.sporttraxx.com/races/ireland-2012/#itinerary)

Quite big gaps to the top guys.

I would say huuuuge gaps!

MJW
7th April 2012, 15:54
A bit harsh as Breen is in a new car (207) which is not as good as the Skodas plus he had road penalties...

And there is little local knowledge as he is from Rep Of Ire not N Ire ...

Looks like there is more to come though:
#Breen (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Breen) after @CircuitIreland (https://twitter.com/#%21/CircuitIreland) #IRCRally (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23IRCRally) SS10: "We are doing big big steps in the car improvements, many thanks to the team"
It is supposed to be the absolute latest spec 207 though and Craig was signing its praises in pre event testing. shame Kris Meeke wasn't in the 207 as well for comparison purposes. However, I stick by my beliefs that Andreas and Juho are in a different league.

Juha_Koo
7th April 2012, 15:54
Good onboard from Hänninen on that Eurosport site. Sliding A LOT among the bumps and small crests. :up:

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2012, 15:59
Andreas and Juho are in a different league for sure so Breen was never going to get close to them yet.

He may challenge more after a few more runs in the 207.

His time would be 30s ahead of his team-mate but for the road-penalty.

N.O.T
7th April 2012, 15:59
the final loop of stages begins now....

MJW
7th April 2012, 16:04
Andreas and Juho are in a different league for sure so Breen was never going to get close to them yet.

He may challenge more after a few more runs in the 207.

His time would be 30s ahead of his team-mate but for the road-penalty.
Not saying he has done badly, perhaps it was me expecting more....

Mirek
7th April 2012, 16:07
Good onboard from Hänninen on that Eurosport site. Sliding A LOT among the bumps and small crests. :up:

Some of the onboards are crazy. Love the last part of SS3 on Breens one :)

Mirek
7th April 2012, 16:10
It's over. Andreas made a mistake in a show stage and lost 40 seconds...

It was so many moments so far that once it had to cost him something.

RS
7th April 2012, 16:17
It is quite funny that everyone says IRC is an asphalt championship and the champion has still never won on that surface. That shows why it was right to have the coeff. on the last two gravel events of last year.

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2012, 16:24
Andreas Mikkelsen’s bid to win the Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally could be over after he lost more than 40s on the first run through the Lisburn town centre stage.

The ŠKODA UK Motorsport ace completed the first run through the 1.06-kilometre course with damage to his co-driver Ola Fløene’s door following contact with hay bales. “I went off in the stage, the feeling is strange now,” he said.
Mikkelsen’s delay means Juho Hänninen’s overall advantage has increased to 42.7s. The Finn said: “It was quite slippery and there were hay bales that were not there on the recce.”

7th April 2012, 16:42

http://www.50centloseweight.com

noel157
7th April 2012, 16:46
Think "there" is a relative term, no?

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2012, 17:14
Breen 3rd on SS14 - only lost 3sec over a 5min stage.. :)

uranium
7th April 2012, 17:16
Juho just need not to make any stupid mistake. Go, Juho! :)

Juha_Koo
7th April 2012, 17:21
Shame that the battle ended like this but I have to say that I'm happy for Juho. He managed to handle the pressure well and didn't do any mistakes. But we'll see in the finish.

Mirek
7th April 2012, 17:22
Breen 3rd on SS14 - only lost 3sec over a 5min stage.. :)

Sadly in a stage where all the top is already on cruise mode with everything decided.

Mirek
7th April 2012, 17:37
Photos from yesterday by Miroslav Knedla
Autosport : IRC - Circuit of Ireland Rally (IRC) (http://www.autosport.cz/zavody/fotogalerie.php?id=64&id=1019&autor=62)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/fotografie/bd731f8b334d52a5f78fade0713582ad.jpg

uranium
7th April 2012, 18:09
Congratulation Juho and Mikko !!! :)

bluuford
7th April 2012, 18:15
Congradulations to Juho and co...

Second one who impressed me was Barrable. He was on DMack tires if I am correct?

New evolution of Peugeot.. another publicity trick?

Mirek
7th April 2012, 18:16
Great answer to Acores! Hopefully Škoda sends Juho to Corsica to see another part of the series :)

Second one who impressed me was Barrable. He was on DMack tires if I am correct?

Yes

I asked what's new and I was told it's rear suspension arms, longer driveshafts, new dampers, bumpers and software.

Mikkelsen crash on city stage. Quite hard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QhNmhMmQd8

Hartusvuori
7th April 2012, 18:28
Loistavaa, Juho & Mikko! I'm so happy for them, first win after a while. The battle ended as it did, yet still I think mastered the conditions better. Veryyyy happy now :-)

RS
7th April 2012, 18:29
We might get to know how good the new Peugeot is if Mr Bouffier or Mr Neuville put in an appearance this year.

Congratulations to Juho and Mikko. A great drive at a very high pace with no mistakes.

Again pleased with Skoda for no team orders, and again with IRC; even though the entry lists are not what they were we have three different winners so far this season and all three events have had very close battles at the front.

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2012, 18:47
Sadly in a stage where all the top is already on cruise mode with everything decided.

We'll see when Breen takes on Bouffier and Neuville in similar cars...

I'm sure he has learned so much about the car in his first outing that there will be much more to come.

Wim_Impreza
7th April 2012, 18:50
It is quite funny that everyone says IRC is an asphalt championship and the champion has still never won on that surface. That shows why it was right to have the coeff. on the last two gravel events of last year.

Normally I agree with you, but not at this post. In the ERC most events are also on tarmac and you couldn't get double points in a gravel rally there. Also in the WRC, where there are much more gravel events than tarmac rallies, you don't get double points in a tarmac rally.

Good that Juho won. :)
Breen said before the rally that he will be going for a win, but what will he say after this rally when he has only one stage time in the top 3?

pettersolberg29
7th April 2012, 18:54
Quite an impact from Mikkelsen - how did he misjudge it so badly!?

Juha_Koo
7th April 2012, 19:00
Finally in the finish... Excellent work by Juho and Mikko in this very difficult event. Also...finally a win after a pause. Good job! :)

MJW
7th April 2012, 19:29
Quite an impact from Mikkelsen - how did he misjudge it so badly!?

They were lucky that FIA has imposed the HANS device rule.

mousti
7th April 2012, 19:44
We might get to know how good the new Peugeot is if Mr Bouffier or Mr Neuville put in an appearance this year.

Congratulations to Juho and Mikko. A great drive at a very high pace with no mistakes.

Again pleased with Skoda for no team orders, and again with IRC; even though the entry lists are not what they were we have three different winners so far this season and all three events have had very close battles at the front.
Wait for Ypres with Loix, he was 16 seconds slower than Snijers in the Mini JCW WRC (and believe me Snijers wasn't slow at all, always starts to win!) after 166.6 km's of special stages and that was without the Evo 2012 let's see what he can do with that new Evolution..

Mirek
7th April 2012, 19:54

HANS doesn't help in side impact. For that there are side head restraints on the seat.

Points after CoI: http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=64&sk=269

Juha_Koo
7th April 2012, 19:58

I believe they will thank the safety seats (those with "ears") bit more. Hans doesn't help as much in side impacts as it does in frontal impacts, but ofcourse it helps a bit, especially if the strings are set to short/tight setup.

Modern seats are incredible, I have one old seat at home and it feels like a toy compared to modern ones I've tried...

Edit. Mirek was faster :D

Juha_Koo
7th April 2012, 20:07
Hehe, Juho's comments: "For the whole weekend, we were both going such a speed that the possibility of a mistake was more than likely."

dimviii
7th April 2012, 20:33

With ''right'' drivers we will see better.Juho and Andreas are way faster than Breen and Arzeno.Neuville would be a good measure.

Congrats to Juho,he must be happy at the way he won.

MJW
7th April 2012, 20:34
I believe they will thank the safety seats (those with "ears") bit more. Hans doesn't help as much in side impacts as it does in frontal impacts, but ofcourse it helps a bit, especially if the strings are set to short/tight setup.

Modern seats are incredible, I have one old seat at home and it feels like a toy compared to modern ones I've tried...

Edit. Mirek was faster :D thanks guys, you are of course correct with the HANS being a frontal impact device. The seats with wings are what saved them. Forgive me it's a saturday night and I enjoyed a bottle of Rioja :-)

Mirek
7th April 2012, 20:34
Good choice ;)

Nornbugger
7th April 2012, 22:08
Very impressed with Hanninen on this event, handled himself well, Mikkelsen probaly slightly quicker but he made quite a few mistakes and was lucky that he got away so lightly time wise up untill SS12. What he said about the 'bales not there on recce' was silly, it was another driver error, plain and simple and no way did the bales position contribute to the crash, he just didnt get a lucky bounce this time!
I expected more from Breen, but maybe its best to reserve judgment till we see how he goes against some of the other 207 drivers
Personally I think Hanninen is a seriously underrated driver and deserves to have a shot at WRC.

Juha_Koo
7th April 2012, 22:25
What he said about the 'bales not there on recce' was silly, it was another driver error, plain and simple

Well, also Juho said that there were bales which had not been present in recce...

Mirek
7th April 2012, 22:27
I think that the quote was from Juho not from Andreas and that Juho meant other bales not exactly those Andreas hit.

Nornbugger
7th April 2012, 22:41
I think that the quote was from Juho not from Andreas and that Juho meant other bales not exactly those Andreas hit.

oops, Apologies Andreas!, I read a piece on the IRC site and I read it wrong, you are right Mirek, it was Juho who said it about different bales

Juha_Koo
7th April 2012, 22:48

I don't know from who the quote was or was meant to be as quoted by who or what to furthermore be quoted here as a false quote....wait a minute, wtf? :)

Yeah, atleast Juho said about the bales and ofcourse they were different bales that Andreas hit, I would be concerned if Juho would have time to put some bales behind a hairpin to his notes. :D

bt52b
8th April 2012, 01:35
Does the Fabia S2000 have electric windows?

noel157
8th April 2012, 01:48
Does the Fabia S2000 have electric windows?

No. The Evo models have plastic windows with the little hatch/trapdoor arrangement.
Think the windows wouldn't go down anyway with the latest safety enhancements in the doors.

Gard
8th April 2012, 08:45
It was quite an impact for Andreas and Ola. From what I understand, Andreas was out for almost 40 sec and has spent the night in hospital.

RS
8th April 2012, 09:44
It was quite an impact for Andreas and Ola. From what I understand, Andreas was out for almost 40 sec and has spent the night in hospital.

A perfect example of the classic rally cliche "you can't win the rally on these micky mouse stages but you can lose it"

Hope Andreas is ok, although I hear he has a perforated eardrum.

Better view of the crash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBrYRiiaO70&feature=related

The onboards from day 2 were really mega, easy to see why nobody else could get close to Andreas and Juho's times. Juho is brilliant in these types of conditions on asphalt (unknown grip levels), just like Monte.

RS
8th April 2012, 09:47
Wait for Ypres with Loix, he was 16 seconds slower than Snijers in the Mini JCW WRC (and believe me Snijers wasn't slow at all, always starts to win!) after 166.6 km's of special stages and that was without the Evo 2012 let's see what he can do with that new Evolution..

Indeed, I am expecting most events from now on to have a better entry and especially Corsica, Ypres, Barum and Sanremo. Pleased Freddy is in a Peugeot now for a bit of variety but shame he hasn't got a bigger IRC programme.

noel157
8th April 2012, 10:31
Another angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ6sfVeFCJE

Mirek
8th April 2012, 11:09

Hope everything is ok with Andreas!

The onboards from day 2 were really mega, easy to see why nobody else could get close to Andreas and Juho's times. Juho is brilliant in these types of conditions on asphalt (unknown grip levels), just like Monte.

Yes, from the Eurosport footage it was clear that those two were pushing like mad balancing on grip limit all the time :)

Fast Eddie WRC
8th April 2012, 11:45
Mikkelsen has scan after crashhttp://www.ralsys.com/irally_admin/news_images/2012MikkelsenIrelandcrash.jpg (http://irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00000747#)Andreas Mikkelsen is having a precautionary CT scan this morning following his crash on Stage 12 of Circuit of Ireland.

Mikkelsen's Skoda slid into protective bales during the 1.06km stage.

The defending IRC Champion went to hospital last night and stayed there, with a team spokesperson quoted:

“After complaining of feeling unwell, Andreas was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure where it was discovered that he has a perforated right eardrum, which will heal."

"As a further precaution Andreas will have a CT scan in the morning, although this is purely a precaution.”

bretddog
8th April 2012, 12:01
Not the most genius reaction by Mikkelsen to turn the car sideways into the hayballs..

His quote from VG news:

"We were both hit unconscious and were gone for about 40 sec before we got going again. I don't remember anything, but apparently I got to the finish. The whole ss is gone from memory. When we started the ss second time I had no idea we had driven it before. And I didn't know where I was, if it was Ireland or Norway."

Norsk talent slått bevisstløs i rallybilen - VG Nett om Motorsport (http://www.vg.no/sport/motor/artikkel.php?artid=10049906)

bluuford
8th April 2012, 12:36
Not the most genius reaction by Mikkelsen to turn the car sideways into the hayballs..

His quote from VG news:

"We were both hit unconscious and were gone for about 40 sec before we got going again. I don't remember anything, but apparently I got to the finish. The whole ss is gone from memory. When we started the ss second time I had no idea we had driven it before. And I didn't know where I was, if it was Ireland or Norway."

Norsk talent slått bevisstløs i rallybilen - VG Nett om Motorsport (http://www.vg.no/sport/motor/artikkel.php?artid=10049906)

Result wise it was right decision. Frontal impact would have meant almost 100% sure retirement on that speed.

Barreis
8th April 2012, 13:05
Nice coverage from Eurosport.

bt52b
8th April 2012, 14:49
No. The Evo models have plastic windows with the little hatch/trapdoor arrangement.
Think the windows wouldn't go down anyway with the latest safety enhancements in the doors.

Ta, wasn't sure if they had side impact foam in the doors, thankfully they probably did.

Bit concerned about the speed he was travelling at and how close spectators were.