PDA

View Full Version : GO FAST Energy WRT

M5
23rd January 2012, 20:31
Hope Henning gets a car that works all of Sweden, and he can test on snow before the start.

Coach 2
23rd January 2012, 20:43
Henning was just on national television (prime time) with an explanation of the results of the MCR, and the problem with the signing of the agreement with GO FAST.
If an agreement with GO FAST was not completed, he had something else going on.

SubaruNorway
23rd January 2012, 20:58
What channel was he on?

Coach 2
23rd January 2012, 21:12
NRK twice, news, and later in the sport.

Karukera
24th January 2012, 08:00
So Matt is now making a living, for the 1st time (?) with Go Fast money.

I'm relieved because i was concerned about how he would make it for his old days by his own.

RS
24th January 2012, 08:59
If it really is true that M-Sport give a sub-standard car, wouldn't Henning and his sponsors be better off doing less rounds with a decent car than all rounds with a crappy one?

Henning did have some pretty good results in the past but the last couple of years he has been way off the pace.

Mintexmemory
24th January 2012, 16:42
If it really is true that M-Sport give a sub-standard car, wouldn't Henning and his sponsors be better off doing less rounds with a decent car than all rounds with a crappy one?

Henning did have some pretty good results in the past but the last couple of years he has been way off the pace.

Are we talking about the same Henning Solberg who scored a podium in the WRC rally immediately preceeding MCR?

N.O.T
24th January 2012, 17:09
Are we talking about the same Henning Solberg who scored a podium in the WRC rally immediately preceeding MCR?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL....

amazing... trully amazing...

i am amazed...

Martin Luijk
24th January 2012, 17:21

The rally when Loeb, Hirvonen, P. Solberg and Ogier crashed down.

SubaruNorway
24th January 2012, 17:22

Oh lord...

Coach 2
24th January 2012, 17:44
Consider all the work he must do to obtain sponsors, all the work he does for his sponsors, all the work he does in television and radio to maintain his B-celebrity status, it is easy to understand that he can not be very well prepared in front of a WRC-rally.
But if everything work out with GO FAST, we may see the old faster Henning again, I hope.

mousti
24th January 2012, 18:51
What's the excuse of Matty? :p

tfp
24th January 2012, 23:26
What's the excuse of Matty? :p

Being dumped into a WRC car too quickly is my guess! Silly Malcolm!

Edit - 1000 posts :p Do I get a t-shirt? ;)

N.O.T
24th January 2012, 23:28
Being dumped into a WRC car too quickly is my guess! Silly Malcolm!

same as Latvala...

the guy is just talentless... simple as that.

tfp
24th January 2012, 23:32
same as Latvala...

the guy is just talentless... simple as that.

Latvala - Talentless?

We should team up, this time next year we will be millionaires! You as a stand up comedian and me as your agent! C'mon, whadd'ya say?

N.O.T
25th January 2012, 00:10
go to bed...you have school tommorow...

GigiGalliNo1
25th January 2012, 00:24
The question is:

Does Go Energy taste any good?

I have no interest in buying so...

rjbetty
25th January 2012, 08:14
So disappointed with Matty's performance.

I can't understand why he's actually getting slower every year!

I always thought he wasn't doing badly before cos he was at least improving year on year. But since 2009 he's gone from bad to worse...

Would have been good if he was figthing for podiums now in year 7 at the very least.

Sorry Matt if you do read this, but I feel this has to be said - the Monte performance WAS terrible. I hope you can do much better. If you do, I will buy some GO FAST energy drink. (I've never even heard of it. Is it sold in the UK...?)

Mitch555
25th January 2012, 11:48
If I was Go Fast Energy I'd be having second thoughts as Matt as a driver. I was astonished and really quite pissed when after completing the first stage of day 2 he said he wasn't pushing, and testing the car. To admit defeat so early in the Monte is the act of a fool. If Wilson tried instead of testing he actually might do ok. He could have ended up scoring points anyhow, since he probably could have outpaced PG, Abbring and Araujo at the time. His 4th Monte, the 1st for Novikov and Tanak. Novikov's rally was trouble free as was Tanak, and they weren't afraid to drive competitively.

Go Fast Energy management need a reality check, plenty of other talented drivers out there to choose from. Plus they also have more of a persona than Wilson. He is just a nothing...

MrJan
25th January 2012, 12:37
If I was Go Fast Energy I'd be having second thoughts as Matt as a driver. I was astonished and really quite pissed when after completing the first stage of day 2 he said he wasn't pushing, and testing the car. To admit defeat so early in the Monte is the act of a fool. If Wilson tried instead of testing he actually might do ok. He could have ended up scoring points anyhow, since he probably could have outpaced PG, Abbring and Araujo at the time. His 4th Monte, the 1st for Novikov and Tanak. Novikov's rally was trouble free as was Tanak, and they weren't afraid to drive competitively.

Go Fast Energy management need a reality check, plenty of other talented drivers out there to choose from. Plus they also have more of a persona than Wilson. He is just a nothing...

Wouldn't be too surprised to hear that M-Sport give a better a deal on the cars/parts/upgrades (or something) as a result of them signing the boss' son. He's also a steady pair of hands, if you give a car to Tanak or Novikov then you know that there is going to be at least one big repair bill at some time during the season (because both are flamboyant and push hard).

WRCS14
25th January 2012, 22:23
I wonder how many rally events people have competed in against the likes of Henning to say he is very slow.

I look at Mattews result at WRC level, in 2006 he did 16 events and finish in 28th place with 1 drivers point. Then in next years he finish 11th,10th,7th,7th and 7th in 2011 again. OK I understand at National level in GB he is able to maybe win rallies so this tells me is not so bad but why he cant bring something extra when he goes into WRC I dont know.
I would think being a son of the boss he would extra strong engine etc even though he is in the B or C squad.

Then the likes of Ogier and other new fast driver make his 5 year plan look bad.

Ok he has levelled off at 7th place each year but without looking it up I fear maybe only 7 drivers are doing every single round?

A.F.F.
25th January 2012, 22:32
I thought I played it safe with the pickems this year and put Wilson on the list. Monte being a unpredictable hard rally with no super-rally, I thought he would not retire and climb to the points.... He didn't retire I got that part but how on earth did he not climb to top eight ??? There must be something terrible wrong with the five-year-plan !!!

mousti
26th January 2012, 11:44
GoSlowEnergy would be more marketable with a driver like Slowson :)

noel157
26th January 2012, 11:50
I wonder how many rally events people have competed in against the likes of Henning to say he is very slow.

I look at Mattews result at WRC level, in 2006 he did 16 events and finish in 28th place with 1 drivers point. Then in next years he finish 11th,10th,7th,7th and 7th in 2011 again. OK I understand at National level in GB he is able to maybe win rallies so this tells me is not so bad but why he cant bring something extra when he goes into WRC I dont know.
I would think being a son of the boss he would extra strong engine etc even though he is in the B or C squad.

Then the likes of Ogier and other new fast driver make his 5 year plan look bad.

Ok he has levelled off at 7th place each year but without looking it up I fear maybe only 7 drivers are doing every single round?

I think young Wilson is past his best.

RS
26th January 2012, 12:01
There are probably half a dozen drivers from the UK who would be faster than Wilson pretty much straight away in that car.

pettersolberg29
26th January 2012, 12:15
There are probably half a dozen drivers from the UK who would be faster than Wilson pretty much straight away in that car.

Really? Would you care to name them as I can only think of Wilks and maybe Higgins or McRae? I will admit idiocy if you can get loads more!

RS
26th January 2012, 13:22
Really? Would you care to name them as I can only think of Wilks and maybe Higgins or McRae? I will admit idiocy if you can get loads more!

Meeke.. Wilks, Higginsx2, A McRae, I was going to say Breen but I realised he was proper-Irish, maybe Bogie, maybe even Hunt. Can I have Mikkelsen? :D

Ok, 6 is a stretch but my point is I really don't think it is very hard to reach Wilson's level of "speed" and he has had a lot of experience in that car.

Sulland
26th January 2012, 13:36
How much off the pace are the customer cars compared to the works team ?
Are there differences in spec also btw the customer teams ?

A FONDO
26th January 2012, 13:47
For sure. For example Bernardo Sousa sold his Fiesta because of that. Maybe portugese members here can explain better what he said?

cali
26th January 2012, 14:30
No one has any facts or data to support this theory. Only guessing

janvanvurpa
26th January 2012, 15:34
I thought I played it safe with the pickems this year and put Wilson on the list. Monte being a unpredictable hard rally with no super-rally, I thought he would not retire and climb to the points.... He didn't retire I got that part but how on earth did he not climb to top eight ??? There must be something terrible wrong with the five-year-plan !!!

Maybe all the other drivers had better 5 year plans...

maybe a plan that began with "First yeah: GAS IT!. Second year: Gas it like hell! Third year : ta mig fan gassa som en djälvla dåre!!!.
...and so on..

MrJan
26th January 2012, 17:15
How much off the pace are the customer cars compared to the works team ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was covered by Anthony Warmbold in his blog.

A.F.F.
26th January 2012, 18:21
Maybe all the other drivers had better 5 year plans...

maybe a plan that began with "First yeah: GAS IT!. Second year: Gas it like hell! Third year : ta mig fan gassa som en djälvla dåre!!!.
...and so on..

Maybe :D

And maybe Monte having been out of the calendar for a few years is just too demamding rally for young Wilson and we will see his whole five-year-plan-potential in rallyes further on.

I learned my lesson and won't put him into my pickems except in rallyes there's 6 WRC cars to start with.

TKM Jnr
26th January 2012, 23:20
Maybe Wilson Jnr has just got a rough tongue.

Plan9
27th January 2012, 01:55
Has anyone here actually bothered to taste Go Fast yet? Also we kinda know that there are differences between the factory an customer cars; over in the Mini thread someone kindly posted to shots of Sordo and Arujo's exhaust pipes. IMO I think it would be fair to say that Sordo's was probably superior in some way.

pettersolberg29
27th January 2012, 18:47
Meeke.. Wilks, Higginsx2, A McRae, I was going to say Breen but I realised he was proper-Irish, maybe Bogie, maybe even Hunt. Can I have Mikkelsen? :D

Ok, 6 is a stretch but my point is I really don't think it is very hard to reach Wilson's level of "speed" and he has had a lot of experience in that car.

I'll give you Meeke and Wilks, but the Higgins and McRae I wouldnt be so sure. Bogie is certainly a talent but not on an international level I don't think. And no way to Hunt I'm afraid. I think Wilson is just about the best Britain have to offer at the moment except Meeke and Wilks - it's sad but true.

Red bull
27th January 2012, 19:13
World Rally Championship - News - Monte-Carlo finish cheers Wilson (http://www.wrc.com/news/monte-carlo-finish-cheers-wilson/?fid=15961&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

noel157
27th January 2012, 19:25
"Matthew Wilson says his capture of 11th overall on Rallye Monte-Carlo"

Capture?

TyPat107
28th January 2012, 14:15
Plan9-
Yes I have tried it. Our mountain bike team was sponsored by them. The gentleman I codrove Pikes Peak for was trying to work with them. They were very particular About wanting to know what you (as a sponsored driver/team) could do for there distribution, besides just providing exposure.

Can't say that it was great but it tasted like an energy drink. I have friends that enjoy the one with coconut.

noel157
29th January 2012, 00:13
Plan9-
Yes I have tried it. Our mountain bike team was sponsored by them. The gentleman I codrove Pikes Peak for was trying to work with them. They were very particular About wanting to know what you (as a sponsored driver/team) could do for there distribution, besides just providing exposure.

Can't say that it was great but it tasted like an energy drink. I have friends that enjoy the one with coconut.

I had never heard of it so I suppose the sponsorship has achieved something.............

tfp
29th January 2012, 01:10
I'll give you Meeke and Wilks, but the Higgins and McRae I wouldnt be so sure. Bogie is certainly a talent but not on an international level I don't think. And no way to Hunt I'm afraid. I think Wilson is just about the best Britain have to offer at the moment except Meeke and Wilks - it's sad but true.

Swop wilks for Higgins and I would agree with you:-)

tfp
29th January 2012, 01:11
Plan9-

I havent seen it avaliable in the UK yet, but I'll be more than willing to sample a can or two now that they sponser a WR team :)

Plan9
29th January 2012, 05:58
I can buy it in bulk from my local cycling shop but I think I won't commit to 30 or so cans just yet!

tfp
29th January 2012, 13:55
I can buy it in bulk from my local cycling shop but I think I won't commit to 30 or so cans just yet!

I would, I'd buy Monster by the crate if the shop would sell me it ;)

Plan9
29th January 2012, 21:26
I can get that sort of deal at a supermarket near me!

nr7wave
1st February 2012, 13:57
Seems like there is no Go-Fast deal after all. Henning spoke to a Norwegian newspaper and told that he need money to drive in Sweden. To bad!

rallyfiend
1st February 2012, 14:00
Seems like there is no Go-Fast deal after all. Henning spoke to a Norwegian newspaper and told that he need money to drive in Sweden. To bad!

Could that just be for Henning?

Maybe Matthew still has?

nr7wave
1st February 2012, 14:49
Could that just be for Henning?

Maybe Matthew still has?

It did'nt say.

mousti
1st February 2012, 18:19
Lol if Matthew still get money from GoFast and Henning not then I seriously think that those people from GoFast are retarded :D

tfp
1st February 2012, 20:19
Or maybe another publicity stunt like in Monte?

noel157
1st February 2012, 21:49
Hard to know if WRC.com know what they are talking about but at the bottom of the Pontus Tidemand article it says:

Solberg, meanwhile, will tackle the event in a Go Fast Energy World Rally Team Fiesta RS WRC, which will give him a performance advantage over Tidemand. The opening day’s stages take place predominantly in Solberg’s native Norway.

Plan9
2nd February 2012, 01:21

That sucks and I just went out and bought 4 can off the stuff!!! I bought it to support Henning, now it looks like my funding has come in too late rofl!

On the taste, its got the energy drink feel with a honey after taste and smell. Actually quite good after a workout. But I may not buy any more if it is feathering Slowsons little nest!!!!

ste898
3rd February 2012, 19:49
So you are happy to loose another 2 drivers from WRC

I think you need to think more clearly!!!!

Plan9
3rd February 2012, 23:04
Henning is one thing. But I don't mind seeing the back of the other one!

skarderud
4th February 2012, 09:42
Henning is just 1,5 behind mikko at finnskogen rally in an old mitshu evo 6,5, maybe it isnt just the driver....? Thats just ridiculate todays situation with slow speed, energydrink wrt, bad car and wilsons......

DonJippo
4th February 2012, 10:10
Henning is just 1,5 behind mikko at finnskogen rally in an old mitshu evo 6,5, maybe it isnt just the driver....? Thats just ridiculate todays situation with slow speed, energydrink wrt, bad car and wilsons......

What tires is he using?

skarderud
4th February 2012, 10:38
I've heard that he use "old" thin ones, that can explain some of it :)

Andre Oliveira
4th February 2012, 12:07
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/509854324.jpg?Expires=1328358179&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=QSVRWc6b1F4IBimQHD31%7ENewl29YKiFpLg-qdstdgFLmSsM%7Ei9fjQCKmldKIRAT0HYUjn5Mu3dOfbQBsCFg 8YJdTFWblcr8IlnAZxg7VDAvAnMhFTct3FJ6mQF2QNeHbiEbt0 fSlpLlM9mnlgdOhADkJetzd93lSKW1pzd1Didg_

From planetemarcus.com

Sulland
4th February 2012, 20:38
Matt Wilson with broken leg, so no Swedish for him.

Juha_Koo
5th February 2012, 17:12
Matt Wilson with broken leg, so no Swedish for him.

This is the first time during the last 86 WRC rallies that we don't see Matthew Wilson on the startline. Maybe doctors could do miracles, it was left foot which fractured, so... ;)

Viking
6th February 2012, 17:35
Solberg going fast for strong points in Sweden (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/950-solberg-going-fast-for-strong-paints-in-sweden)

Plan9
7th February 2012, 02:54
Now Slowson is out of action and who knows what is happening to MINI, Meeke should get on the phone to GO FAST as smartly as possible to make a clean break from the past (if you pardon the pun)!!!!!

Karukera
7th February 2012, 07:54
Now Slowson is out of action and who knows what is happening to MINI, Meeke should get on the phone to GO FAST as smartly as possible to make a clean break from the past (if you pardon the pun)!!!!!

Yep, with the last Mini coins left in his pockets...

Brother John
9th February 2012, 08:15
Ott Tanak will carry Go Fast colours on his Ford Fiesta RS WRC when he contests Rally Sweden this week.

World Rally Championship - News - Tanak to carry Go Fast colours in Sweden (http://www.wrc.com/news/tanak-to-carry-go-fast-colours-in-sweden/?fid=16040)

WRC1
9th February 2012, 10:56
great news!!! finally "GoFast" will have a driver wich CAN go fast ;)

i hope this is not only for sweden but for the rest of the year, slowson wont be missed that much...

mousti
9th February 2012, 17:35
Good news for Malcolm he gets a bit more money and has less to spend on Tanak this weekend then

Gordini
1st March 2012, 16:37
If GoFast deal is off, Henning should go to Rally in America!