PDA

View Full Version : M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Tarmop
8th September 2017, 12:30
A bit of a gamble yes, if Fiesta would stay in the competition (development). He had this car made for him and that is what we see this season. It wasn`t made for Ogier and we can see that also.

But money is important, especially when you are a prof. sportsman and can`t keep on doing it forever. He has a family and their future to think about.

EstWRC
8th September 2017, 12:35
exactly, he cant drive forever for nothing.

pantealex
8th September 2017, 13:07
I'm hoping Tanak's long connection with M-Sport and their boss who has given him chances may mean he gives back some loyalty.

Being No.1 driver there should be a nice situation also.

Money may be his priority though.

If remember correctly:
-he was sidelined to R5
-he got DMack WRC car and Camilli got Michelin WRC
-Malcolm could not offer him No1 status unless he is sure that Seb leaves

Maybe Ott simply has no time to wait Ogier´s decision or do you believe that Toyota´s offer will be on table forever?

M-Sport fans should prepare for situation that both Sunnier and Tidemand are coming, maybe not for full season though.

pantealex
8th September 2017, 13:11
Connection with Marko Martin is big too.

-Toyota´s junior R5 program uses MMM-cars (MarkkoMärtinMotorsport)
-TGR facilities in Estonia is same location than MMM
-I would call Markko as Ott´s manager.

Simmi
8th September 2017, 13:13

Agreed. No point even to be world champion if you cannot provide a nice life for your family. It's a short and risky career as a rally driver.

Take the paycheck Ott no one will blame you. Except maybe Eddie ;)

racerx1979
8th September 2017, 16:46
From what I was told while at Finland and Germany (I was lucky enough to be a part of the Gazoo VIP in Germany) is that Toyota wants Ott over Ogier. I know a bunch of people are going to start getting all fired up over this, but it's what I was told. As I mentioned earlier, Ogier was not all that respectful with Tommi during his test and Tommi was not too fond of his attitude considering the circumstances. Seb wanted boat loads of cash and offered to help Toyota develop the car in return. Apparently this offended a few people at Toyota as it was clear the car was not at full potential and work was in progress. I also heard Seb's manager later contacted Toyota between Finland and Germany, but they (Toyota) did not care.

You also have to realize the Japanese-Finnish bond that takes place within the team. The Finnish (and Estonian) mindset is very similar to that of the Japanese. I don't forsee them bringing in anyone who is way in left field. Hence an all Finnish team currently. Ott or Suninen fit the bill for Toyota.

If four cars are the plan for next year you can bet your a$$ Hanninen will remain. If not, he will be replaced by Ott. If Ott stays at Ford, you might see Suninen, but as others have said he does not have the level of experience that Hannien has. Juho can be the points man like Sordo while Latvala and Lappi are going for title bids.

Each team will have someone new this year from what we all keep hearing. So that means someone will be going to Citroen whether it is Ogier or someone else.

This could all be bullshit as I'm not involved with the Toyota team in any way, but thought I was pass along what I was told. We will find out soon enough if it is true. Would be great :)

mknight
8th September 2017, 18:52
Agreed. No point even to be world champion if you cannot provide a nice life for your family. It's a short and risky career as a rally driver.

Yes, but there is a huge ammount of risk involved in going to Toyota as well.

He has now shown he can win with the Fiesta at both surfaces and was involved with the car from the very start. For at least first half of 2018 Fiesta will be able to charge for wins even if development stops completely. Now imagine if he goes to Toyota with only 2 rally wins, the car does not suit him and he constantly ends behind Latvala and is also behind Lappi on every other rally (entirely possible). If this goes on during say 2 years of a contract who will hire him then? But yes you can argue that he could try to make enough money during those years.

Anyway not an easy choice by any means.

AndyRAC
8th September 2017, 19:21
Exactly, he can't drive forever for nothing.

And why should he? He's now an elite sportsman - he should be paid, it's not a hobby.

Essaj
8th September 2017, 19:26

He has now shown he can win with the Fiesta at both surfaces and was involved with the car from the very start. For at least first half of 2018 Fiesta will be able to charge for wins even if development stops completely. Now imagine if he goes to Toyota with only 2 rally wins, the car does not suit him and he constantly ends behind Latvala and is also behind Lappi on every other rally (entirely possible). If this goes on during say 2 years of a contract who will hire him then? But yes you can argue that he could try to make enough money during those years.

Guy with Ott's passion and self-confidence shouldn't be afraid of his teammates even thought they might know the car little better. When there is paid factory seat open vs minimun paid M-sport seat you really shouldnt hesitate.
I would bet that one of the Ott's biggest dreams is to become a world champion one day and it's way more likely to happen with Toyota in upcoming years without a bigger support from Ford to M-sport.

mknight
8th September 2017, 19:59
Martin did just that, went from event winning car to struggle at Peugeot. (obviously only 1 season to compare but still the change was clear).

If Ogier leaves I'd say Tanak should try to sign 1 year contract with some decent money at M-Sport... or min 3 year contract at Toyota. But it's not like you can pick exactly what you want.

Tarmop
8th September 2017, 20:03
Yes, but Latvala did the opposite...went from a four time team champion and best WRC to Toyota and he`s like a reborn driver. It is tricky, yes, but if Fiesta itself isn`t capable of winning each event next year and stays behind, then there`s nothing more to think about.

er88
8th September 2017, 20:15
If I was Ott I'd take the millions on offer from Toyota, and the fact the car is clearly good as well makes it easier.

However it's worth noting that a lot of drivers have left Msport/Ford and regretted it. The likes of McRae, Hirvonen, Latvala are older examples, although perhaps wanted out before things went stale etc. Tanak is in a similar position now to Marko Martin, Duval and maybe even Neuville. The car perfectly suited those drivers and when they went elsewhere they all struggled. It's taken Thierry like 4/5yrs and 3 different cars to get to this stage in his development. The Yaris is a quality car but that doesn't mean it'll be a car Ott can get the best out of.

Both Tanak and Ogier must be annoyed that Ford aren't returning, because surely both want to stay where they are and build on the success they've had this year. Instead they both will have new cars/teams and will be in a weaker starting position next year compared their rivals like Latvala and Neuville

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

racerx1979
8th September 2017, 22:57
Agreed. The ideal situation would be to stay with current teams since the drivers have done a years worth of work. Going to a new team with a new car is like starting all over, but some drivers have a rare talent where they can get back to their level after a few drives.

AnttiL
9th September 2017, 05:54
Martin did just that, went from event winning car to struggle at Peugeot. (obviously only 1 season to compare but still the change was clear).

That car was a struggle itself, wasn't it

AL14
9th September 2017, 08:27

And you have to take into account that Toyota is better than everyone expected before the beginning of the season but it has shined only in high speed rallys like Finland and Sweden and even if they set fastest times almost everywhere i20 and Fiesta showed have been more competitive overall.

Said that it is not easy for Tanak to go away from the team who believed in him 3 times when anybody did. A team he knows by heart and a car he developed from the beginning.

mknight
9th September 2017, 17:41
That car was a struggle itself, wasn't it

Yes 307 wasn't the best car, that said Gronholm got 2 wins that year and was faster than Martin with it on every rally except Monte. Gronholm had 54 stagewins while Martin 5, even with Martin driving 4 rallies less it's quite some difference.

Eli
9th September 2017, 18:49
Yes 307 wasn't the best car, that said Gronholm got 2 wins that year and was faster than Martin with it on every rally except Monte. Gronholm had 54 stage wins while Martin 5, even with Martin driving 4 rallies less it's quite some difference.

Don't forget as mentioned earlier, Martin did his first season in the 307...which unfortunately became his last, and he wasn't quite familiar with the team as Marcus was there for the last 6 seasons. If you want an indication of Martin's Poor/Good performance (depending on your point of view) look at Gronholm's first season in the 307 when it was run with the Michelin tires mind you...but that might give a better indication.

itix
9th September 2017, 19:28

If Ogier leaves I'd say Tanak should try to sign 1 year contract with some decent money at M-Sport... or min 3 year contract at Toyota. But it's not like you can pick exactly what you want.To be fair though, that Peugeot was a complete disaster.

I understand why he went there because from the performances of previous years (and previous car which they should have stayed with) the decision was entirely logical.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th September 2017, 21:46
No, I wouldnt blame Tanak for going to Toyota, its his career and he should make the most of it (financially, as well as in success).

I am just hoping as a fan that he stays, as it will be good for M-Sport. And as has been said Tanak has already won in the Fiesta and might not be so happy in a Yaris.

But a lot might depend on whether there's a rule change to 4-car teams in 2018.

RAS007
9th September 2017, 22:50

Why can't Malcolm pay him? Neither Malcolm or M-Sport are short of money.

N.O.T
10th September 2017, 02:42
Why can't Malcolm pay him?

malcom paying someone to drive ???? hmmmmmm....

https://i.imgur.com/Y9DgoJC.gif

Duvel
10th September 2017, 06:13
No, I wouldnt blame Tanak for going to Toyota, its his career and he should make the most of it (financially, as well as in success).

I am just hoping as a fan that he stays, as it will be good for M-Sport. And as has been said Tanak has already won in the Fiesta and might not be so happy in a Yaris.

But a lot might depend on whether there's a rule change to 4-car teams in 2018.

If Ogier goes to Citroen i also hope Tanak stays at M-sport. He wil be the nr1 driver, and that way the Fiesta can still win rally's.

if they lose both Ogier and tanak, M-sport's future is not so bright i think.

I hope the 4 car rule come's trough, would salve all driver line up problems.

AnttiL
10th September 2017, 06:50
I hope the 4 car rule come's trough, would salve all driver line up problems.
Like I said in another thread, now that Hyundai signed Mikkelsen, the four car rule won't change anything for the title contenders, it would just give seats to newcomers like Suninen or Tidemand, or save the careers of the likes of Hänninen and Lefebvre.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th September 2017, 11:50
I also dont think MW will allow M-Sport to go back to being 'also-rans' in the WRC and will do everything he can to have a top driver in his car next year.

If Ogier & Tanak leave maybe he will find a way to bring in a decent replacement...

Rally Power
10th September 2017, 12:22
I also dont think MW will allow M-Sport to go back to being 'also-rans' in the WRC and will do everything he can to have a top driver in his car next year.
If Ogier & Tanak leave maybe he will find a way to bring in a decent replacement...

Maybe Evans could have some issues being a squad leading driver (like Meeke is having), but looking at his performance this year anyone can hope he’s ready to start winning and becoming a top contender.

For sure the ’17 Fiesta is much more competitive and DMack tyres are improving all the time, but with the same 3 events to go, last year Tanak was only 9th with 53 pts on DMack’s car, while Evans is now 6th with 87 pts. Also at the same point, Tanak had 3 offs (2 of them resulted in retirements) and Evans has only 2 (with 0 retirements). They’re only equal on SS's wins: 17 for both. Besides, in ’16 Tanak almost won in Poland and got another P2 in Wales, while Evans was close to win in Argentina and has already another P2, in Finland. Who knows, maybe he’ll do better than Tanak did in Wales…fingers crossed!

Gregor-y
10th September 2017, 17:55
malcom paying someone to drive ???? hmmmmmm....
There's a rumor Ford's coming back
http://i.imgur.com/vuQ1Qzl.gif

racerx1979
10th September 2017, 18:04
I've heard this rumor too...

tommeke_B
10th September 2017, 18:11
Of course you can question how well these rumors are funded, where they come from... There were similar rumors in the last couple of years as well. We've seen more people here posting rumors that were probably just made-up by someone.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th September 2017, 22:54
Rumours indeed... but if Ford are going to come back, now is far more likely than it ever was before.

If they dont come back now they never will...

mknight
11th September 2017, 23:12
If Ogier stays a M-Sport/Ford it's RIP Citroen. Bare some Loeb miracle happens.

KiwiWRCfan
13th September 2017, 07:12
This Thursday will be exactly 300 weeks since Ford WRC made an announcement by releasing this video.
How good would it be to have Ford Performance remake this video with current cars and similar announcement ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsSPJjLUKlA

Rally Power
13th September 2017, 22:26
How good would it be to have Ford Performance remake this video with current cars and similar announcement ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsSPJjLUKlA

It’d be great, but sadly Ford execs are making some weird marketing options. They don’t care to take advantage of MSport WRC success to boost the new Fiesta launch and they seem only focused in promoting their exclusive models range (GT, Mustang, Focus RS). Even Henry Ford III is giving them a hand in that strategy, sometimes at the most unexpected places…https://twitter.com/FordEu/status/899960263973249025

Andre Oliveira
22nd September 2017, 12:14
It seems that the meeting between Malcolm Wilson and Ford was yesterday in Detroit.

Tarmop
22nd September 2017, 13:08
And anything about the outcome?

Roy
22nd September 2017, 14:29
And anything about the outcome?

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/m-sport-supporters-club-launched-by-popular-demand

M-Sport are launching a Supporters’ Club. (Because it refund the next 2018 campaign?) Ford pulls put i think.
Short analyse: American Ford family do'nt understand Europe.
I hope i am so wrong, but i am afraid Ford want better results in RX then give the money to WRC.

Tarmop
22nd September 2017, 15:04
28 euros, minus taxes, the cost of those hats, keyrings, fan events etc...don`t believe in that very much.:D

Roy
22nd September 2017, 21:55
28 euros, minus taxes, the cost of those hats, keyrings, fan events etc...don`t believe in that very much.:D

I know its not much. But they have a lot of fans. And products are cheap. And think further.

What does a company to create more valuable product for fans? Pay more and you can as fan be closer by your sport. Marketing techniques is in short: first pay less money, offers more, you need pay for it. After that you create bonus- or premiummembers.
For example: You want be closer involved at M-Sport? You can get an opportunity to be co-driver during a test for example. Become a special member! Pay more, get more.

That is what i see in my crystal ball ;)

So far my views of M-Sport fan club earnings model. We will see in future.

Tarmop
22nd September 2017, 22:12
Well, with the correct amount of money you can be a co-driver anyway. Ok, i get where you are going but near the sums that top-level rallying costs, it would still be a drop in the sea. How many fans, who would even buy this 28 euro package, they have, how rich they are etc...a rich "fan" would probably buy a car from them instead.:D Faster and more profitable to tell one of the R5 regulars that he has to stay home one (more) time. They need that money asap to keep up the appearances, selling service to gentlemen racers with a profit shouldn`t be a problem.

Andre Oliveira
23rd September 2017, 17:34
Ogier stay at M-Sport looks like 95% right now.

AnttiL
23rd September 2017, 18:29
Ogier stay at M-Sport looks like 95% right now.

Hayden also said in April that it's 95% sure that NZ will be on the 2018 calendar :p

Eli
23rd September 2017, 18:30
Ogier stay at M-Sport looks like 95% right now.Source?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

AnttiL
23rd September 2017, 19:00
https://twitter.com/ericdobro/status/911626647971012608

This guy suggests that a surprising announcement could be made next week after the meeting in Detroit. Just weeks ago he was sure of Ogier going to Citroen

Tarmop
23rd September 2017, 19:20
Well, tbh, his tweets then were so and so...in the last one he said there were difficulties with what Citroen could offer (he wanted a big salary for 3 years, in exchange of developing C3 into a winning car on every event).

AnttiL
23rd September 2017, 19:27
Also, why is there a sad emoticon?

Tarmop
23rd September 2017, 20:01
Strange, yes. Ford joining would be a great and a bit surprising announcment, but definitely not sad...Ford not joining and Ogier leaving wouldn`t be a surprise, but inevitable and sad. Or he is sad that Ogier stays at M-Sport, instead joining Citroen, homeland team of them both.

Eli
23rd September 2017, 20:12
Also, why is there a sad emoticon?

I think it's a surprised one rather than sad....anyhow, any way you look at it (considering it's true), Citroen are in deep trouble, they let go of Mikkelsen & now if Ogier stays put, maybe M-Sport's 'Dream Team' stay for another year, but Citroen.....they'll need Loeb now more than ever....and maybe they'll finally add Sainz to the mix, just to make sure everything ticks.

Andre Oliveira
23rd September 2017, 21:03
Source?

Me. Next week

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd September 2017, 21:39
Lot's of M-Sport presence at the UK RallyDay today... Wilson, Tanak and Evans all there and doing lots of interviews. Hope someone got some info out of them about the team line-up for 2018.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKZjvICXUAAO7D0.jpg

Eli
23rd September 2017, 21:45
Me. Next week

Will a sponsor back them up? or will we finally see the Blue Oval back to the fray?

the sniper
23rd September 2017, 22:11
As Fast Eddie says, Malcolm was interviewed today at Rallyday here in the UK at the Castle Combe circuit (really nice event, very well attended both by fans and personalities. I had a great time!), there were no great revelations but he said of the situation "we're still discussing various options [with Ford] on how we can move forward". I've recorded the interview and uploaded it to YouTube here if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzOVuNo8-oE

EDIT: Forgot to say, it was good to see you again Allyc85, no doubt see you again on GB!

mknight
23rd September 2017, 23:04
I think it's a surprised one rather than sad....anyhow, any way you look at it (considering it's true), Citroen are in deep trouble, they let go of Mikkelsen & now if Ogier stays put, maybe M-Sport's 'Dream Team' stay for another year, but Citroen.....they'll need Loeb now more than ever....and maybe they'll finally add Sainz to the mix, just to make sure everything ticks.

I'd even say it's a bit sad. Cause chances of Citroen massively improving with current lineup and Loeb on 2-3 evens are not very big.... so we will have only 3 competitive teams and risk that Citroen pulls that plug at some point.

Then again it could also end with no Ford and M-Sport loosing both Ogier and Tanak... and that leads to only 3 competitive teams as well.

Best something in between.

Eli
24th September 2017, 01:42
I'd even say it's a bit sad. Cause chances of Citroen massively improving with current lineup and Loeb on 2-3 evens are not very big.... so we will have only 3 competitive teams and risk that Citroen pulls that plug at some point.

Then again it could also end with no Ford and M-Sport loosing both Ogier and Tanak... and that leads to only 3 competitive teams as well.

Best something in between.

True that....any way you put it one of those teams will lose...shame really.

EstWRC
24th September 2017, 06:18
Me. Next week

sorry but this doesnt sound very credible source to me when you just say ME. im not saying you arent right or wrong.

there was a LIVE Q&A with Ott last week with fan questions and speaking about teammates he interestingly said: "Ogier WAS a very good teammate"

one of them is leaving i think but i hope not.

AnttiL
24th September 2017, 07:07
But Andre doesn't say that Ott is not leaving ;)

EstWRC
24th September 2017, 07:30
i know but it can also mean that they both may be leaving;)

Fast Eddie WRC
24th September 2017, 10:29
TBH Wilson didnt sound optimistic about Ford coming back or Ogier staying.

But I have a feeling Tanak will stay.

Andre Oliveira
24th September 2017, 13:54
Ott will leave.

Duvel
24th September 2017, 15:25
Ott will leave.

Maybe Ott can go to Citroen than? If not citroen has got a problem

EstWRC
24th September 2017, 15:39
citroen has got a problem.

AnttiL
24th September 2017, 16:38
Maybe Ott can go to Citroen than?

Why would he want to do that?

Tarmop
24th September 2017, 16:42
Ott`s answers have always been so and so...some of them hint staying, others leaving. Yesterday for example, when asked about staying in M-Sport and title plans for 2018, he says that is the plan because they have a good car etc (10.50). In the beginning he also says that this year has been so successful because he developed the car to his needs.
Or he is referring to another competitive car, but because not being a native speaker....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HYGpef9x68

He has also clarified his tweet a bit, but obviously in french.

EstWRC
24th September 2017, 17:14
He jumps over the M-Sport staying question and answers just the title question. “That’s the plan to fight for the title “

Tarmop
24th September 2017, 17:39
No...not quite.

Q: "So you`d be more than happy to stay where you are and fight for the world championship next year and hopefully be the world champion then?"
A:That`s the plan you know, i`ve always been the kind of guy who wants to fight, sometimes maybe a bit too much but if i can calm myself down then obvoiusly we know we are competitive, we know the car is competitive, so basically...."

If it wasn`t a language issue, then there aren`t many ways to express oneself more clearly.

electroliquid
24th September 2017, 17:39
He jumps over the M-Sport staying question and answers just the title question. “That’s the plan to fight for the title “

So that means - he'll leave..Hope to Toyota

EDIT: it's hard to say from one sentence out of context..

AnttiL
24th September 2017, 18:30

He has also clarified his tweet a bit, but obviously in french.

He says something like it's gonna be more a financial support than a full works commitment. And it should be similar to what happened to Prodrive 20 years ago.

AnttiL
24th September 2017, 18:31
No...not quite.

Q: "So you`d be more than happy to stay where you are and fight for the world championship next year and hopefully be the world champion then?"
A:That`s the plan you know, i`ve always been the kind of guy who wants to fight, sometimes maybe a bit too much but if i can calm myself down then obvoiusly we know we are competitive, we know the car is competitive, so basically...."

If it wasn`t a language issue, then there aren`t many ways to express oneself more clearly.

He doesn't say what car is competitive ;)

Tarmop
24th September 2017, 18:41
Correct, but if you don`t think about any rumours you have heard and listen to the answer, then the first impression is, that he is clearly talking about his current team. But if you can`t forget, think if one would say he would be competitive in another car, he hasn`t even driven, especially a few minutes after saying that his developed car has played a major role in his success. Like i said, could be rubbish, could be confirmation.

pantealex
24th September 2017, 19:44
Correct, but if you don`t think about any rumours you have heard and listen to the answer, then the first impression is, that he is clearly talking about his current team. But if you can`t forget, think if one would say he would be competitive in another car, he hasn`t even driven, especially a few minutes after saying that his developed car has played a major role in his success. Like i said, could be rubbish, could be confirmation.

or he is just talking PR for his current employer, it was M-Sport event after all.

Rally Power
24th September 2017, 20:57
For sure Andre and the other Ford fans have all their fingers and toes crossed, but having Ford providing some financial support to MSport doesn’t necessarily means that Ogier is granted. It remains to be known how huge (or small) that support can be and how deeply is Ogier already involved with Citroen…

Anyway, Ford marketing guys must get smarter and pay more attention (and support) to MSport in the WRC. The new street Fiesta made his European debut at Frankfurt motor show without any mention to current WRC achievements. That’s a mind-blowing waste.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th September 2017, 22:13
I like the sound of Tanak's statements, very positive about the car and about the strength of Malcolm Wilson as a team boss.

I still believe he will stay.

tr4m
25th September 2017, 10:09
After this interview, fairly certain he'll stay, but Ogier is most likely to leave. To me it sounds like M-Sport is unable to get the financial backing that Ogier is looking for, but they are however able to get enough that would keep Tänak happy. As he said himself, the car is developed around him and if he was no.1 in M-Sport, surely most of their manpower and WRC development budget would go to helping him. No need to waste time on getting to know the new car but build upon what has proven to work. This is the safest and smartest choice, should he be interested in challenging for the champs title next year, which he obviously is.

Alternative is that he is going to Toyota and what he answered to the interviewer was just the second part of the question:

A:"That`s the plan you know, i`ve always been the kind of guy who wants to fight [...]"

Simmi
25th September 2017, 11:52
Man we need some rallying to start up again in the WRC. Talk about over-analysing!

Welcome to the forum btw tr4m!

AnttiL
25th September 2017, 12:05
Could it be that Ford is sponsoring Ogier as a driver, his car will have a Ford livery and he will be featured on marketing material, but M-Sport will continue otherwise as usual? Just an idea I got to my head...

seb_sh
25th September 2017, 13:06
Speculating is getting bit out of hand, no rallies and no announcements and we get a bit carried a way with the analysis, it's fun but can't really base much on it. For example Ott's answer can mean anything, also with non-native english speakers it's hard to look for hidden meanings because sometimes they don't use the correct tense or make some small error but they don't mean anything by it.

The results of Malcom meeting with Ford should clear things up. Basically at this point if they don't get proper backing Ogier will just go to Citroen because he doesn't want to wait as last year. Ott can probably wait a bit more, it must be hard for him to choose, on one hand it could be worth doing another year in a familiar car, potentially as lead driver, on the other hand the Toyota offer must be tempting.

EstWRC
25th September 2017, 13:34
Ott’s decision has been made weeks ago already.

Andre Oliveira
25th September 2017, 14:43
Yes, Ott didn’t wait for final meeting.

dimviii
25th September 2017, 14:47
don't know if this has any meaning .Ogier was at a kart circuit with Ogier club fans at weekend

Sébastien Ogier‏
Great day with the Fan-Club Saturday! Very nice back behind the wheel of a kart and see you so many! 👍🏻 #actuakart

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKjLtN2XcAAMJec.jpg

,while Msport tweeted this

M-Sport‏
A special message to our UK supporters from @SebOgier. He couldn't be with us @RallydayUK but looks forward to seeing you all @WalesRallyGB!

https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/912262455220428800

EstWRC
25th September 2017, 15:08
Ogier to go karting next season? :p

Simmi
25th September 2017, 15:24
Ott can probably wait a bit more, it must be hard for him to choose, on one hand it could be worth doing another year in a familiar car, potentially as lead driver, on the other hand the Toyota offer must be tempting.

I don't think Ott can afford to wait more than Ogier. One guy is already a millionaire rally driver, the other isn't. Ott's stock is at an all-time high so it's time to cash in one way or another. Hopefully he already has - as much as I do support M-Sport.

seb_sh
25th September 2017, 15:40
I don't think Ott can afford to wait more than Ogier. One guy is already a millionaire rally driver, the other isn't. Ott's stock is at an all-time high so it's time to cash in one way or another. Hopefully he already has - as much as I do support M-Sport.

I mean wait for the decision to remain or go to Toyota, different to Ogier who said he wants to know as soon as possible. Tanak is not fighting for the same seat as Ogier and there is no one else "in front of him" free of contract so he can wait till the final round if he wants. But others are saying he decided already so dunno.

the sniper
25th September 2017, 16:15
Exclusive news! Ott decided which car he'd be driving in 2018 at Rallyday...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKlFC0RW4AEYTk2.jpg

EstWRC
25th September 2017, 18:17
Nice photo of Tänak at rallyday

https://www.upload.ee/image/7493990/21764768_1642071605835885_3509874824547236355_n.jp g

Simmi
27th September 2017, 10:10
Some of the clearest quotes I've seen yet from Ott appeared today in MN. Positive noises regarding M-Sport. The article says neither him or Ogier have signed deals yet according to sources.

Tanak says that fighting for the title and the sport are more important than money:

"The priority is always the sport. You want to win and you want to be in the best possible place. I need to look into the future and decide where we have the best position. I know M-Sport very well. I know the people and how it works and I developed this new car and it's driving as I want. I have what I need, I think [at M-Sport]."

I'm not going to transcribe the whole thing - it will probably end up on the web later today. He goes on to say he thinks the Fiesta is the most competitive car across the calendar. There are still some open links talking to others and he would like to do the deal as early as possible.

Ott reiterates that nothing has been decided for Ogier next year yet and is complementary about him as a team-mate.

My sense is he'd like the whole lineup to remain the same next year.

AnttiL
27th September 2017, 10:42
My sense is he'd like the whole lineup to remain the same next year.

Of course it's always the best to stay in the same team especially if things are working well and you're winning rallies or even championships. It's another thing if your boss cannot afford to pay your or your teammates' salaries and you don't want to pay yourself either.

EstWRC
27th September 2017, 11:58
like i said already some pages back, Ott's decision and deal has been made weeks ago (im not gonna say with who), this talk from him that he hasnt decided and etc is just for the media and papers.

onemanband
27th September 2017, 12:34
Ogier to go karting next season? :p

Well, Toro Rosso has one empty seat for next year...

EstWRC
27th September 2017, 16:01
The Tänak story available now https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/tanak-set-to-shun-toyota-for-m-sport-wrc-stay/

IMO they are just quoting what he said on rallyday at the weekend

Fast Eddie WRC
27th September 2017, 16:37
The Tänak story available now https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/tanak-set-to-shun-toyota-for-m-sport-wrc-stay/

IMO they are just quoting what he said on rallyday at the weekend

I hope their (and my) interpretation of his Rallyday words are right.

seb_sh
27th September 2017, 18:18
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/132060/tanak-set-to-reject-toyota-and-stay-at-msport

David Evans says Tanak will stay at MSport.

Tarmop
27th September 2017, 18:58
Basically again, giving his own opinion based on other news and interviews, nothing new.

AnttiL
27th September 2017, 19:23
Basically again, giving his own opinion based on other news and interviews, nothing new.

Also earning his living by selling magazines / clicks

EstWRC
28th September 2017, 09:56
Me. Next week

today, tomorrow?

Andre Oliveira
28th September 2017, 12:05
Don’t know the day. This week.

pantealex
28th September 2017, 12:29
Last week brit journalist said that Ogier is going to Citroen, 90% of you believed

This week brit journalist said that Tänak is going to stay in M-Sport, 90% of you believed

No brit journalist said that Mikkelsen is going to have over 2 year deal with Hyundai, nobody is complaining

My conclusion: brit journalist does´t know nothing. Why on earth you listen them?

AnttiL
28th September 2017, 12:32
My conclusion: brit journalist does´t know nothing. Why on earth you listen them?

We are weak and want to be entertained

Reis Eduardo
28th September 2017, 13:53

Speculation and Entertainment is not what one of them recently said...:D

Fast Eddie WRC
28th September 2017, 17:01
Last week brit journalist said that Ogier is going to Citroen, 90% of you believed

This week brit journalist said that Tänak is going to stay in M-Sport, 90% of you believed

No brit journalist said that Mikkelsen is going to have over 2 year deal with Hyundai, nobody is complaining

Why do you read them and make the same boring complaint every time ? At least they are writing about WRC, who else is giving us info / opinion ?

If you dont like it leave it to those that do...

jparker
28th September 2017, 18:30
Well, I rarely agree with your posts, but I read them all the time. Why? It's entertaining.

spiderem
28th September 2017, 18:38
well, it is really time for the break to be over and rally espania to entertain us. Nothing interesting to read here other than members bashing at each others for meaningless reasons... It's not the spirit, we all share the same passion so we should get along in a way.

mknight
28th September 2017, 18:40

Colin Clark said during both the last and the second-last kitchen table that Mikkelsen was going to stay at Hyundai.

Simmi
28th September 2017, 23:20
Colin Clark said during both the last and the second-last kitchen table that Mikkelsen was going to stay at Hyundai.

I don't think it took any stretch of the imagination or insight to work out Andreas had a Hyundai contract coming after they pushed aside Paddon for him and let him drive the final three rounds of the season.

Duvel
29th September 2017, 06:23
True, not much fun reading the forum that way

AnttiL
29th September 2017, 06:39
I don't think it took any stretch of the imagination or insight to work out Andreas had a Hyundai contract coming after they pushed aside Paddon for him and let him drive the final three rounds of the season.

I think it was revealed by Yves Matton that Mikkelsen has a contract for next season with Hyundai. At least I wasn't surprised a bit, except maybe for a full two year contract before driving any rallies with them.

pantealex
29th September 2017, 08:00
Why do you read them and make the same boring complaint every time ? At least they are writing about WRC, who else is giving us info / opinion ?

actually I haven´t read any of those.

Me and some else have been trying to give you some info but you have chosen not to understand...

I can stop complaining.

Archie Gillaine
29th September 2017, 11:37

Agree. It's a British journalist writing for a British publication; what do they expect? Unlike a lot of countries, WRC in the UK is basically invisible - if it wasn't for these articles there would be nothing. And I say that as someone who isn't the biggest fan of David Evans.

AnttiL
29th September 2017, 11:38

Do they make big announcements on the weekend?

seb_sh
29th September 2017, 12:13
Come on, it's the height of the silly season, no rallies going on, everyone's speculating. At least here on the forum most people have given opinions, hopes and interpretations of interviews, it's all in good fun. I'm enjoying it at least.

Anyway, to me it now seems Tanak is leaning towards MSport. It would probably be good for him to spend at least another year in the car he knows and developed, then Ogier refined. It will probably be competitive next year as well, at worst it could get a bit outdeveloped and be a bit behind in the 2nd half of the year, but even so it shouldn't be too far.

er88
29th September 2017, 12:32
Tanak to Toyota and Seb to Citroen will see the Msport fans on here in meltdown.

Rally Power
29th September 2017, 19:27

The French! Apparently they are in a close competition with Brit fellows on this silly season scoop search. L’Equipe talked once more with Matton; the Belgium mentioned the deal with Ogier isn't done yet and that Ogier is still discussing with other teams. Besides MSport, the L’Equipe journo reveals the other team is…Hyundai! Yep, now it’ll be hard for the Brits to get more absurd than this…

IMO there’s only one reasonable way to see all this: Ogier has already signed with Citroen; the deal will be only revealed after Australia; meanwhile Matton will continue to mock press members from both sides of the channel...

mknight
29th September 2017, 19:41
Yeah, agree with that.

Very unlikely Matton or Ogier will say they have a deal before one or both championships are decided.

Tarmop
29th September 2017, 20:49
https://www.m-sportstore.com/collections/azione-m-sport-team-wear/products/copy-of-goott-estonian-flag-supporters-t-shirt

Launched for all three just now...speculate. :D

AnttiL
29th September 2017, 21:18
https://www.m-sportstore.com/collections/azione-m-sport-team-wear/products/copy-of-goott-estonian-flag-supporters-t-shirt

Launched for all three just now...speculate. :D

cash in while they still can?

Fast Eddie WRC
30th September 2017, 18:08

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

bluuford
30th September 2017, 19:03
Tick, tock, tick, tock...

reset your clock, nothing happens before Spain ;)

Andre Oliveira
30th September 2017, 22:04
Yes, it seems. That time was not the accurate. Sorry guys, not my fault :)

er88
1st October 2017, 13:10
reset your clock, nothing happens before Spain ;)Nothing is announced before Spain, is how you should word that ;)

Andre Oliveira
1st October 2017, 16:31
What car is that with Ford Performance letters? Mustang?

https://scontent.fopo2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22050269_1882182495144502_728512629719739542_n.jpg ?oh=e8117ffb2b8fe92a7f2e6cb2cd0cb2b9&oe=5A7D4650

Andre Oliveira
1st October 2017, 16:42
Found

https://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/unspecified3-626x418.jpg

Offtopic end

Rally Power
1st October 2017, 17:16
The Mustang GT4 european costumer service by MSport has been talked since July. It’s obviously good for Wilson’s company, but it sounds like a compensation for not having more support from Ford at the WRC.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?28825-M-Sport-Ford-World-Rally-Teams/page113

jparker
2nd October 2017, 14:54
Found

https://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/unspecified3-626x418.jpg

Offtopic end

Wow, what a beast. It's a carburetor engine, right?

sonnybobiche
3rd October 2017, 04:11
LOL the last ever carburetor engine was in the Lamborghini Countach if I'm not mistaken.

N.O.T
3rd October 2017, 06:21
Wow, what a beast. It's a carburetor engine, right?

I think those are running on steam...

How do you cope with the pain of your existence ?

jparker
3rd October 2017, 14:07
I think those are running on steam...

How do you cope with the pain of your existence ?

I know NOT kind of Greeks are kind of slow, so you are excused. Go back to Greece and pay your dues.

dimviii
3rd October 2017, 16:38
I know Greeks are kind of slow.

I am not at all slow.

jparker
3rd October 2017, 18:10
I am not at all slow.

Sorry, my bad. Corrected now.

Simmi
4th October 2017, 16:03
Well Ford Performance/Ken Block/Hoonigan Racing have pulled the pin on WRX and will no longer be in the series next year.

Not sure if that has any effect on WRC or not.

Arwel Davies
4th October 2017, 16:12
Well Ford Performance/Ken Block/Hoonigan Racing have pulled the pin on WRX and will no longer be in the series next year.

Not sure if that has any effect on WRC or not.

It could well have the positive effect that Mr Wilson is looking for. Wait and see over the next few days as if there is something in the pipe line, there will be a few rumours going around the service park in Salou.

giu canbera
4th October 2017, 16:27
American "Continental Tire Racing Series" will have GT4 and TCR cars next season. Maybe thats the car?
I know FRD (hong kong/malaysia) is building Ford's TCR cars

Fast Eddie WRC
4th October 2017, 18:01
Ford pulling out of World RX is a financial blow to M-Sport who build and run their cars.

If Ford dont come back to WRC now then they deal a double blow to M-Sport.

Reading about how much savings Ford are aiming to make in general ($1billion+ towards the coming electric cars) it's looking pretty bleak.

the sniper
4th October 2017, 19:26
I've taken this news completely the other way. To me it now seems more likely that the Ford money will stay with M-Sport, but the WRC effort will get the budget.

Rally Power
4th October 2017, 19:35
Finally a sensible move in Ford’s motorsport policy; going to WRX just to profit from Block popularity was a mistake in the first place. Now they must take the WRX budget into MSport WRC program and use the outstanding rally results to help promoting the new Fiesta in Europe.

macebig
4th October 2017, 20:15
Finally a sensible move in Ford’s motorsport policy; going to WRX just to profit from Block popularity was a mistake in the first place. Now they must take the WRX budget into MSport WRC program and use the outstanding rally results to help promoting the new Fiesta in Europe.

Ford was already in the RX before Block came. They were backing the Olsbergs MSE team, who made Fiestas for both the EuroRX (and then the WorldRX) and the Global RX. Block coming along saved them some money in reality as the guy has big sponsors behind him. Switching to M Sport for the 2016 season helped Wilson (probably). But those VWs have killed the championship. So, bowing out was a good choice. But, I think the Block/Monster/Ford Performance /M Sport collaboration will continue in the Global RX series, which is more popular in the US. Wait and see...

Roy
4th October 2017, 20:22

Never seen this comming. Ford has to quit with Block in WRX. He given no results But quit the sport total...
I don't know where they put money in. WRC, Endurance (the Ford GT project) or the new GT project with Mustang? Keep M-sport alive is not the purpose of Ford Performance.

Is it a start for reducing cost to invest of electric cars? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ford-motor-ceo/ford-to-cut-costs-14-billion-invest-in-trucks-electric-cars-ceo-idUSKCN1C82NL

We will see whats going on in Dearborn.

Tarmop
4th October 2017, 20:33
Actually they are quite dependent on M-Sport as we can see...all this free commercial etc.

pantealex
5th October 2017, 08:35
Ford has save lot of money so I believe motorsport budget for 2018 will be a lot smaller than now...

I hope that rallying is getting enough money.

Fast Eddie WRC
5th October 2017, 14:34
I've taken this news completely the other way. To me it now seems more likely that the Ford money will stay with M-Sport, but the WRC effort will get the budget.

Hope you're right, but it could easily go the other way.

macebig
5th October 2017, 19:08
Group A spec Escort RS Cosworth for Block next year. More details TBA.

racerx1979
5th October 2017, 19:42
Would be great if he rallied his Escort in the American Rally Series.

er88
7th October 2017, 07:53
Might have been said already, but Malcolm on Rallyradio interview saying that Ford pulling out of rallycross with Ken Block is a "big blow" to everyone at Msport. In talks on a daily basis with Ford but doesn't know if that money will go into the WRC program or not. Also says if he was an opposition team principal he would be trying to sign Ott (like Tommi is), but wants to keep all three drivers (same as he's been saying for a while).

the sniper
9th October 2017, 00:43
I wonder what the WRX budget was? Anyone roughly know or care to guess?

Zeakiwi
9th October 2017, 01:52
Loeb mentions 5 Million. Probably he meant 5 million euros per car? for Peugeot and they were getting beaten with that.
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/news/loeb-volkswagen-annoying-dominance-peugeot-quit-953131/

EstWRC
18th October 2017, 07:39
M-sport saying goodbye to Tänak http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/thank-you-ott-taenak-forever-a-part-of-the-m-sport-family

funny how i wanted for years Tänak to go to another team and now reading this makes you a little bit sad, especially after i saw in spain how well he and Ogier get along.

pantealex
18th October 2017, 08:00
M-sport saying goodbye to Tänak http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/thank-you-ott-taenak-forever-a-part-of-the-m-sport-family

funny how i wanted for years Tänak to go to another team and now reading this makes you a little bit sad, especially after i saw in spain how well he and Ogier get along.

It took them less than 1 hour to put that letter out after TGR news.

This was written well before

So they did know that he is leaving...

Simmi
18th October 2017, 08:19
It took them less than 1 hour to put that letter out after TGR news.

This was written well before

So they did know that he is leaving...

That's pretty standard though. I'm sure Malcolm has been well across these negotiations.

Fast Eddie WRC
18th October 2017, 11:11
No shock but a real shame to see Tanak leave after finally developing into the winner we hoped he would be..

Good luck Ott.

AndyRAC
18th October 2017, 11:21
A shame for M-Sport. What is particularly galling, the likely doubleWorld Champions can’t attract a major big money sponsor. Ott's gone - how long before Sebastien leaves??

racerx1979
18th October 2017, 14:28
Well we don't know for sure yet. Majority of the rumors are saying otherwise. It seems that M Sport have found some kind of backing. Either from Ford or someone else. We will know soon, but I'm sure Malcom is trying very hard considering he gave a portion of his own salary to Ogier.

ESTR
18th October 2017, 15:34
A shame for M-Sport. What is particularly galling, the likely doubleWorld Champions can’t attract a major big money sponsor. Ott's gone - how long before Sebastien leaves??

Like Ogier have so many options left. Toyota & Hyundai = closed door. Only existing M-Sport and Citroen want him now. And if Citroen don't get pace in next races he will be driving with no money or with potentially bad car. Or maybe retire from sport.

itix
18th October 2017, 18:30
This news with Tänak is not very surprising (other than to people who actually believe the crap David Evans writes).

What is really sad is that Ogier in my opinion will likely find the door soon too.

This is ultimately the consequence of Ford not supporting their team. Tänak realise that there is no future in a team where there is no external money coming in and Wilson basically pays for the team out of the company wallet.

If I was Wilson and I didn't have Ford support by the end of the year I'd find a manufacturer that was willing to pay me for running their cars for 2019. One can only be loyal for so long.

ESTR
18th October 2017, 18:46
What about their customer program? Sure they get there some money, right? Anyone know? Or is Seb just greedy too much? I don't know of their payment maybe someone other may have more info about that. M-Sport have one more factory or somethng similar in Poland, they run Junior championship (from each contestant get 150,000€ and if 10 competes that's 1,5mio, customer program gets another big number, maybe some of others help Ostberg, Bertelli, Kremer, Suninen. Then Bentley program in GT, other work...

don't get me wrong I'm just guessing.

Tarmop
18th October 2017, 19:06
These are his main incomes yes, but there are huge expenses also. WRC cars being one of them.

er88
18th October 2017, 19:26
Like Ogier have so many options left. Toyota & Hyundai = closed door. Only existing M-Sport and Citroen want him now. And if Citroen don't get pace in next races he will be driving with no money or with potentially bad car. Or maybe retire from sport.Seb won't be retiring.

dimviii
18th October 2017, 19:30
These are his main incomes yes.

these are a very -very small part of his incomes.

Tarmop
18th October 2017, 19:55
What else then? If i remember correctly, he said that R5 selling is the source of money for his WRC team.

dimviii
18th October 2017, 19:58
all the spares,rebuilds, for all the cars he has sold last decades.

Tarmop
18th October 2017, 20:01
Well, that`s what i (we) meant. Quite logical when selling cars.

dimviii
18th October 2017, 20:19
Well, that`s what i (we) meant. Quite logical when selling cars.

you were talking about huge costs at wrc team.These money from selling /rebuilding/cars is way much more huge.
Malcolm can afford to pay any driver,but he don't want.
I would do the same btw.

wrc2017
18th October 2017, 20:21
Ogier has basically been rejected by toyota, citroen and hyundai.. he will be at ford next year or retire

Tarmop
18th October 2017, 20:28
you were talking about huge costs at wrc team.These money from selling /rebuilding/cars is way much more huge.
Malcolm can afford to pay any driver,but he don't want.
I would do the same btw.

Huge costs for paying 300 employees, plants and necessary equipment+spares for every built car but especially running the cars themselves.

itix
18th October 2017, 21:41
Ogier has basically been rejected by toyota, citroen and hyundai.. he will be at ford next year or retireHave we been reading the same news? Ogier is the target of a very intensive campaign from Citroen.

If Ogier wants Citroen is another question and will likely depend on whether they have pace or not in my opinion.

ESTR
18th October 2017, 21:45
Have we been reading the same news? Ogier is the target of a very intensive campaign from Citroen.

If Ogier wants Citroen is another question and will likely depend on whether they have pace or not in my opinion.

He say in joke that he want double team contract.

Rally Power
18th October 2017, 23:18
Ogier has basically been rejected by toyota, citroen and hyundai.. he will be at ford next year or retire

...or you’re getting all wrong and he signed for Citroen a long time ago, which helps to explain why Toyota and Hyundai didn’t managed to catch him.

Simmi
18th October 2017, 23:49
What do people think will happen with Camilli next year? A quick look at my contract list shows that his initial deal with M-Sport is up at the end of this year. When he originally signed Malcolm said he had first option on Eric for 2018 - so it's all down to whether he wants to do that. And I don't think they'd bother if it's just another year in WRC2.

My gut feeling is that he'll be out unfortunately, but I hope he can somehow negotiate some events in a WRC next year. We saw some good things from Elfyn and Ott when they returned to the top level, but they at least had the security of one full season to show what they could do.

er88
19th October 2017, 00:16
What do people think will happen with Camilli next year? A quick look at my contract list shows that his initial deal with M-Sport is up at the end of this year. When he originally signed Malcolm said he had first option on Eric for 2018 - so it's all down to whether he wants to do that. And I don't think they'd bother if it's just another year in WRC2.

My gut feeling is that he'll be out unfortunately, but I hope he can somehow negotiate some events in a WRC next year. We saw some good things from Elfyn and Ott when they returned to the top level, but they at least had the security of one full season to show what they could do.He still has limited rallying experience and seat time. I think ideally another full year in a R5 car would be best for him. Time is on his side. If he can then become dominant and a consistent winner then he'd be in to a good position to step up to a WRC car for 2019.

However he'll probably find it hard to get another two years budget together. Maybe the best bet would be for him to do the first 6/7 events next year in an R5 car, then try and get a handful of outings in a WRC car at the back end of the year.

electroliquid
19th October 2017, 09:22
Time is on his side.

Well, sad but no. Neuville, Tanak, Mikkelsen, Lappi, Suninen, Tidemand, Breen, Evans are younger than Camilli. Don't mention bunch of youngsters this/next year in R5's. More like next year will be now or never time for him.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th October 2017, 11:29
I find it very hard to believe that the M Sport/Ford team will be returning to a line up like the bad old Kresta/Gardenmonster days...

I was thinking this too. I didnt think MW could contemplate his team going back to being the 'also-rans'.

However, if M-Sport win the two championships this season, he might think he has nothing left to prove... and he would probably be right.

Hartusvuori
19th October 2017, 11:38
Written by Miika Wuorela:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=685905301609076&id=143226225876989

MW Motor Sports

Ace of Pace - World Rally Blog

Burning Ogier issue

Sorry folks, I cannot let it go.

“I guess they can still find the money”, “They sure need to have him” etc. Guess, what these are! Yes, that is some of the reasoning why M-Sport and Ogier should stay together.

First of all there is no such thing as lack of money at M-Sport. It is a question where to spend it. What brings revenue? What is the output-input ratio? Is it feasible? Basic things in a limited company.

Just calculate how many cars should Malcolm sell or hire to cover the costs of Ogier´s year in the team. With no direct sponsorship or other income source, that is the equation. And more importantly, calculate only those that are sold or hired because Seb has been driving for M-Sport.

Was it that easy and smooth, there would be many more teams after Ogier. Have not asked Toni, but I guess, had he a suitable car and enough funds, he could hire Ogier to drive for TGS Worldwide. Take that as an option as the principle of business is the same in his company. No real benefit, not economically clever but that much cooler.

If M-Sport is a clear thing I am not sure about Seb´s values. We have seen drivers in the past, willing to continue as long as they are hired by some team. Meaning that they are not too pissed about the pay-cut as rally is everything they know and want to do.

I would say Seb is not like that. He is a family man who cares about his wife and child, not willing to rob time from them - as it is normally the case among rally professionals. His family has been happy to receive him back from the rallies already on Sunday evenings - thanks to the private plane he can afford to use.

Remember also that he was ready to retire from Rally Sardinia 2016 if his boy Tim was to see the daylight during the rally. Who else would and could do that?

In addition to that he soon will have five titles in a row, he is a wealthy, healthy young man with plenty of other things to do in life. Rally is a passion for him but not the whole world.

From the result point-of-view it is a questionable thing to continue. No big drama but Seb has scored only two wins and has been beaten by his team mate four times which in his normal performance scale sounds a bit worrying.

He has still managed everything very well, with that professional touch that brings the title home year after year. No more that raw Seb speed we have seen in the previous seasons but main focus on point-scoring, avoiding unnecessary huge risks like he has always been doing.

In my mind this was already Seb´s bonus year and he made it perfect. Equally he knows that it would be much harder to repeat this success again in 2018 whether it was at M-Sport or at some new team again.

Without a proper contract and champion level salary, taking those same risks again does not feel right. Drivers at top level are paid for the results they bring but also for the risks they take in their everyday job.

I really believed and understood that Hyundai (and Citroen too) was after Ogier and willing to pay what he asks. But obviously not and that´s a shame if I may say. How can someone say no to a driver this magnitude if they are seriously competing for the titles..?

Note that this will be the first time in 38 years of WRC history when reigning world champion will be “liberated” from the series. And mostly against his own will.

Hope I am wrong but my conclusion is that Seb leaves the ring in Rocky Marciano style. The last showdown will be Rally Australia then. So far, enjoy your Seb sight as he will not be there for long.

One big champion leaving means another one growing around the corner. Thanks for the memories, Seb!

rhm
19th October 2017, 11:58
It's always hard for fans to contemplate how a champion at the top of their sport is prepared to walk away. It must take massive mental strength to know when you have had enough. Continuing is the easy option as you're in demand.

wrc2017
19th October 2017, 13:14
no. it appears ogier is pricing himself of the market.
Have we been reading the same news? Ogier is the target of a very intensive campaign from Citroen.

swanny
19th October 2017, 13:44
They are usually not talking about his salary, it's the commitment to spend big on continued development. At least that is what every interview mentions...

Rally Power
19th October 2017, 13:45
I don’t believe for a minute that Ogier will leave. If, like it’s said above, he has others priorities in life which may influence him to end his career, why didn’t he took VW pull out to do it? It’d be the perfect occasion.

There’s also Citroen WRC future to consider. Ogier is their only hope to fix the big mess they’re in; without him, it’s easy to predict another struggling season, eventually leading to a disgraceful pull out at the end of the year. Mr. Tavares is certainly aware of it; it’d be a shocking surprise to see him let Citroen Racing to fail that way.

AL14
19th October 2017, 14:36
I don't think that he will leave either. Ogier is earning millions of euro per year doing what he loves. He will not stop it because he risks not to win the championship again.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th October 2017, 15:30
They are usually not talking about his salary, it's the commitment to spend big on continued development. At least that is what every interview mentions...

This can be the problem with any Citroen deal. They do seem to be tight with their finances at the moment. Plus there's the sponsor clash.

Can Ogier continue with M-Sport ? It looks unlikely without Ford or other big sponsor.

So his retirement is a real possibility IMO.

denkimi
19th October 2017, 16:28
Any team boss who doesn't try everything to sign ogier should be fired.

Yes, he's not the most humble likable person. But he still is, by some margin, the best rally driver in the world.
Having him in the team gives you a big starting advantage to win the title, having him in some other team gives you an immediate disadvantage.
So anyone who's goal is to win the championship, should give first priority to signing ogier. Doing anything else severely reduces the chances of winning the title.

ESTR
19th October 2017, 17:01
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-ford-performance-pericak-director-967352/

Interesting to read ne leader of Ford Performance - Pericak is leaving...

AL14
19th October 2017, 18:13
Any team boss who doesn't try everything to sign ogier should be fired.

Yes, he's not the most humble likable person. But he still is, by some margin, the best rally driver in the world.
Having him in the team gives you a big starting advantage to win the title, having him in some other team gives you an immediate disadvantage.
So anyone who's goal is to win the championship, should give first priority to signing ogier. Doing anything else severely reduces the chances of winning the title.Finally. Some people are more focused on harmony in the team than in trophies for the team.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00LD utilizzando Tapatalk

EstWRC
19th October 2017, 18:33
im also very surprised by the fact that the other teams besides M-sport arent really interested or doing enough to get Ogier. Like mentioned here, the benefits with having him are huge.

ESTR
19th October 2017, 18:58
Others are a lot more cheaper...

er88
19th October 2017, 19:06
Others are a lot more cheaper...You get what you pay for. Sign Ogier and you'll most likely win championships...

ESTR
19th October 2017, 19:19
Hyundai offer him (too) little money, Toyota din't offer him anything (he called them and get rejected), Citroen offer him some money (some says that a little low), M-Sport boss now says that he can't afford him because that means he will risk his company.

I think that he doesn't have another option now that except or get out.. Soon Malcolm will close the doors, he get him, prove everything and that's it.

He is still dependent of teams and that's why I think nobody will sign him in the future if he will making his own terms.

We will see in the future in like 10 or 20 years if he will run some manufacturer team that he will be in their position...

racerx1979
19th October 2017, 23:23
As I've mentioned before, his management contacted Toyota after Finland and he was rejected.

When Ogier first tested he wanted something around 8 million to drive for Toyota and offered to help them develop the car since he felt it needed a ton of work. His arrogance actually offended the team along with Akio himself. They also feel he will not fit well with the Japanese/Finnish mentality.

I would not be surprised if he is offering to develop the C3 (perfect opportunity considering their misfortunes) in return for good money, but Citroen might not have boat loads of development money on top of Ogiers salary.

On a side note, the C3 is doing a lot better after more tweaks. Lets see how Meeke and Breen do in Wales.

Zeakiwi
20th October 2017, 01:43
Has anyone started a 'give a little', patreon etc to help Malcom pay Ogier's wages for another year?

Could Ogier do a 'Loeb retirement' and go touring car racing?
I see that the 2019 DTM is going to run 2 litre turbo engines, could Ogier spend 2018 in low key touring car training (TCR, 24hrs at the Ring etc) to go to Audi in the 2019 DTM? Seb could spend 2018 close to home and any manufacturer duties in 2019 would be Europe based and not too far from home?
https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/dtm-2019-likely-to-be-two-marque-transition-year-962694/

racerx1979
20th October 2017, 01:54
Nahhh he recently said in an interview rally is the best sport and is what he wants to focus on.

pantealex
20th October 2017, 08:19
Hyundai offer him (too) little money, Toyota din't offer him anything (he called them and get rejected), Citroen offer him some money (some says that a little low), M-Sport boss now says that he can't afford him because that means he will risk his company.

I think that he doesn't have another option now that except or get out.. Soon Malcolm will close the doors

Malcolm will not close doors for Ogier...

If Seb in the day of entry closing of Monte tells to Malcolm that he want drive, he will get car for it.

Rally Power
20th October 2017, 13:39
When Ogier first tested he wanted something around 8 million to drive for Toyota and offered to help them develop the car since he felt it needed a ton of work. His arrogance actually offended the team along with Akio himself. They also feel he will not fit well with the Japanese/Finnish mentality.

Mate, you make it sound like there was an option for him just to drive the car and not bother if it stinks; making it competitive wasn’t part of the job? Come on…

Besides being the most competent driver around Ogier is also the most committed. People should remember FX Demaison words: VW’s original plan was to take a full season to turn the Polo into a winner but Ogier relentlessly pushed the whole team to guarantee it’d win from the first outing.

Honestly, this constant talk about drivers apparent character flaws sucks. Rally isn’t a popularity contest; it’s a brave competition decided in the stages and top drivers need to be tough in every fair way. Like in real life, no one wins just for being a nice guy.

racerx1979
20th October 2017, 14:32
I’m telling as I heard it from a Toyota insider. It is what it is, mate :). Same person who told me Tanak is certainly going to Toyota in August. Toyota don’t want Ogier and that’s a fact.

The car went on to win Sweden so it wasn’t all that bad. I’m not hating on Ogier as he’s one of the best drivers. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Just passing on first hand info I received. Cheers!!

AnttiL
20th October 2017, 15:06
Toyota don’t want Ogier and that’s a fact.

True, even Mäkinen has publicly admitted this.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th October 2017, 15:33
Nice comments by Kris Meeke:

You must get some pleasure from seeing those at your former team M-Sport on the cusp of both Manufacturers’ and Drivers’ crowns?

“Yes, you have to give credit where credit is due. Bringing Ogier into the squad at the start of the season has been a major factor; it’s giving them a sense of belief. The reliability and strength of the Fiesta on different surfaces has been there throughout the year, too. It looks like they are on track to win the Manufacturers’ title and, quite possibly, score a one-two in the Drivers’ title. You have to respect them for what they’ve done this year.”

er88
20th October 2017, 16:22
Again speaks like a man who wants Seb alongside him to help push citroen on, and make that C3 better. Despite some people's beliefs, he wanted Ogier to join last year too when VW announced they were pulling out.

Rally Power
20th October 2017, 17:12
I’m telling as I heard it from a Toyota insider. It is what it is, mate :). Same person who told me Tanak is certainly going to Toyota in August. Toyota don’t want Ogier and that’s a fact.

The car went on to win Sweden so it wasn’t all that bad. I’m not hating on Ogier as he’s one of the best drivers. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Just passing on first hand info I received. Cheers!!

No need for apologies, no feeling hurt…just saying that we could try to be more objective and stop moaning about the moaner. Cheers!

Btw, didn’t Latvala managed to make some changes on the Yaris before final homologation?

OHL
20th October 2017, 17:47

Tarmop
20th October 2017, 17:55
I remember this talk about rude Ogier, and resentful Mäkinen+ Japanese, big interest in Tänak a few months ago...probably around Finland/ ADAC but definitely before this weeks announcments (Tänak hiring, Tommi prefering Tänak to Ogier etc.). Probably from the same user.

racerx1979
20th October 2017, 18:04
Listen to today's Absolute Podcast. Short interview with Kris Meeke and a small mention of team dynamics of Toyota and them not getting Ogier when he was available.

Look If I had a team I would want Ogier in a heart beat. Nobody said Ogier was rude, lol. They just don't believe he would fit in well with the team after he finished the first test and had some talks with the team. Ogier is a confident arrogant guy as he should be, yet the Toyota team philosophy and mindset is different. I'm assuming Citroen or Hyundai has a completely different dynamic. I'm also sure a person like Ogier can come into any team and boost morale etc like he has done at M-Sport. I think 2018 will answer a lot of questions. It will be another crazy fun filled year. Enjoy it!

racerx1979
20th October 2017, 18:11
No need for apologies, no feeling hurt…just saying that we could try to be more objective and stop moaning about the moaner. Cheers!

Btw, didn’t Latvala managed to make some changes on the Yaris before final homologation?

Yup! I thought Latvala helped with diff settings and suspension changes before Monte but could have been a lot more. It made a huge impact for Jarri as he made those changes to his liking.

racerx1979
20th October 2017, 19:02
And on a positive note here is a great lil video with the Sebster himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_t8gk0w9dk

Andre Oliveira
24th October 2017, 21:46
M-Sport are proud to announce a collaboration with Panta Racing Fuel for the 2018 FIA Junior World Rally Championship.

The Italian fuel giant will become an official partner of the one-make Ford Fiesta R2 feeder series – working in unison with M-Sport to discover the next generation of FIA World Rally Champions.

A member of the Mol Group Italy, Panta Racing Fuel was created in 1989 and has consistently enhanced their products through the key philosophy of persistent research and development.

Supplying prestigious championships, teams and drivers, the company has grown into one of the leading competition fuels – guaranteeing excellent quality and performance at every level.

Partnering with M-Sport and the Junior WRC, Panta Racing Fuel will support rallying’s future stars – all the way to the top.

Head of Panta Racing Fuel, Luca Monico, said:

“We started our presence in motorsport in the late 1980s and have since become the official fuel supplier of several championships throughout the world.

“We have seen several drivers start their career at the Junior level to become some of the most important and famous drivers in motorsport.

“We believe in motorsport, and this is the reason why we are very happy to start our partnership with M-Sport and the Junior WRC – the starting point for drivers to become the stars of the future.”

Junior WRC Manager, Maciej Woda, said:

“We are very pleased to start this partnership with Panta which just goes to show what an important and respected series the Junior WRC is.

“We are looking to refresh the format of the Junior WRC next year and having Panta on board will help us provide an attractive package with the cars performing at their highest level.”

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-r2/fuel-partner-announced-for-2018-fia-junior-world-rally-championship

Munkvy
24th October 2017, 21:50
M-Sport are proud to announce a collaboration with Panta Racing Fuel for the 2018 FIA Junior World Rally Championship.

The Italian fuel giant will become an official partner of the one-make Ford Fiesta R2 feeder series – working in unison with M-Sport to discover the next generation of FIA World Rally Champions.

A member of the Mol Group Italy, Panta Racing Fuel was created in 1989 and has consistently enhanced their products through the key philosophy of persistent research and development.

Supplying prestigious championships, teams and drivers, the company has grown into one of the leading competition fuels – guaranteeing excellent quality and performance at every level.

Partnering with M-Sport and the Junior WRC, Panta Racing Fuel will support rallying’s future stars – all the way to the top.

Head of Panta Racing Fuel, Luca Monico, said:

“We started our presence in motorsport in the late 1980s and have since become the official fuel supplier of several championships throughout the world.

“We have seen several drivers start their career at the Junior level to become some of the most important and famous drivers in motorsport.

“We believe in motorsport, and this is the reason why we are very happy to start our partnership with M-Sport and the Junior WRC – the starting point for drivers to become the stars of the future.”

Junior WRC Manager, Maciej Woda, said:

“We are very pleased to start this partnership with Panta which just goes to show what an important and respected series the Junior WRC is.

“We are looking to refresh the format of the Junior WRC next year and having Panta on board will help us provide an attractive package with the cars performing at their highest level.”

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-r2/fuel-partner-announced-for-2018-fia-junior-world-rally-championship

So will this make the JWRC more expensive, or were they already on a very expensive fuel provided by another supplier? I am not sure what anyone is gaining from this...?

the sniper
25th October 2017, 04:57
So will this make the JWRC more expensive, or were they already on a very expensive fuel provided by another supplier? I am not sure what anyone is gaining from this...?

Surely Panta are providing the fuel for free or very cheap, hence why this deal was done?

I find it more odd that the m-sport press release page picture doesn't just omit a picture featuring the Panta logo, but fairly prominently features the Shell logo!

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 16:29
Good luck on WRGB guys... bring home the points !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM_SxjEXUAAr-BI.jpg:large

EstWRC
25th October 2017, 16:31
Tänak's car got "sweet ass" this weekend.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 16:46
BAKKERUD: OTT TÄNAKS CO-DRIVER IN THE WRC CAR, THEN DRIVES IT !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwExUDRhn4&feature=youtu.be

SubaruNorway
25th October 2017, 16:50
BAKKERUD: OTT TÄNAKS CO-DRIVER IN THE WRC CAR, THEN DRIVES IT !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwExUDRhn4&feature=youtu.be

He only got to drive the R5...

bluuford
25th October 2017, 17:31
Tänak's car got "sweet ass" this weekend.

Those sweet Caramels are d*mn good, easy to get addicted ;)

Andre Oliveira
25th October 2017, 17:43
According Fernando Albes, JWRC champion 2018 will have a great prize, a new Fiesta R5 car (property).

mArvAlcao17
25th October 2017, 18:13
According Fernando Albes, JWRC champion 2018 will have a great prize, a new Fiesta R5 car (property).

Fiesta R5 Evo 2 or?

ESTR
25th October 2017, 19:11
Damn, every year they get more and more prizes.

EstWRC
25th October 2017, 20:13
short interview with Wilson today http://sport.err.ee/638714/wilson-m-spordi-uks-jaab-oti-jaoks-alati-avatuks

he seems quite a happy chap!

pantealex
25th October 2017, 20:32
Fiesta R5 Evo 2 or?

Should be new model, not this current R5.
Same body type that WRC17 is.
Why would they give old model as prize?

AnttiL
25th October 2017, 20:46
short interview with Wilson today http://sport.err.ee/638714/wilson-m-spordi-uks-jaab-oti-jaoks-alati-avatuks

he seems quite a happy chap!
Interesting that he says that they're still discussing with Evans, I thought his contract was sealed. or does "certainly Elfyn" mean that?

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 20:49
Interesting that he says that they're still discussing with Evans, I thought his contract was sealed. or does "certainly Elfyn" mean that?

Yes.

ESTR
25th October 2017, 21:33
Yes.

He has no chance of going nowhere else, only Hyundai have thought about him some time ago, but that doors are closed for sure. But yes he says like he is going to lose him too..

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 23:27
He has no chance of going nowhere else, only Hyundai have thought about him some time ago, but that doors are closed for sure. But yes he says like he is going to lose him too..

I dont know how you hear it that way. I understood clearly he meant Evans will certainly stay at M-Sport.

spiderem
26th October 2017, 00:46
thinking out loud, but i am wondering how much of a favor you are giving to a promising driver by making him / her drive on a full season on D-Mack tires?
Seems to have been beneficial for Tanak, but i'm not convince about Evans, as he only shined on 1 rally this season.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 09:04
thinking out loud, but i am wondering how much of a favor you are giving to a promising driver by making him / her drive on a full season on D-Mack tires?
Seems to have been beneficial for Tanak, but i'm not convince about Evans, as he only shined on 1 rally this season.

True, but someone has to test the DMack's in competition. At least the tester has a drive and great experience in a WRC car and all the events.

car
26th October 2017, 10:06
I dont know how you hear it that way. I understood clearly he meant Evans will certainly stay at M-Sport.

Fast Eddie, I think he means that they certainly would like (and they are also likely) to retain Evans, not that they certainly ARE retaining him. Like you though, I'm pretty certain it will happen, only a matter of time.
Enjoy the rally if you're going...

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 10:19
Remember, just after Rally Finland:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGNj8ssW0AAKTyf?format=jpg&name=large

Tarmop
26th October 2017, 10:31
Yes, then there were talks about Toyota and Hyundai...all written by D.Evans.

ESTR
26th October 2017, 11:37
Like I said, he will be in M-Sport for sure but don't know on which tyres, Mic or D's...

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 11:44
Fast Eddie, I think he means that they certainly would like (and they are also likely) to retain Evans, not that they certainly ARE retaining him. Like you though, I'm pretty certain it will happen, only a matter of time.

Enjoy the rally if you're going...

Cheers.... I won tickets and they've literally just arrived... :D

car
26th October 2017, 11:51
Cheers.... I won tickets and they've literally just arrived... :D

Nice - I won some VIP passes years ago and my brothers and I turned up at the Cardiff super special after watching the real rally for 3 days. We were filthy and stinking and they had no idea how we got the passes, but reluctantly let us in to the VIP building. We ended up sat next to Ari Vatanen and Dave Richards for dinner! cracking way to end the event.
Where are you watching from? I'm doing Myherin (twice) on Friday and not sure where Saturday yet.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 12:09
Nice - I won some VIP passes years ago and my brothers and I turned up at the Cardiff super special after watching the real rally for 3 days. We were filthy and stinking and they had no idea how we got the passes, but reluctantly let us in to the VIP building. We ended up sat next to Ari Vatanen and Dave Richards for dinner! cracking way to end the event.
Where are you watching from? I'm doing Myherin (twice) on Friday and not sure where Saturday yet.

I was planning to do SD this morning but couldn't as I've had to wait in for an electrician after my heaters packed up. :(

The competition was for Rallyfest tickets which I wouldnt have paid to go to, but as it's now free then why not.. ;)

https://i.imgur.com/hqTAVZy.jpg

Andre Oliveira
26th October 2017, 22:56
Interview: Malcolm Wilson ponders M-Sport’s WRC title prospects

Malcolm Wilson, proprietor of M-Sport, went to Wales Rally GB not daring to dwell on the prospect that his privately run world championship team stood to come home from the penultimate round of the 2017 season with one world title – and with the chance of a second.

It had been 36 years since a private team had scored a major World Rally Championship title, that was Rothmans Rally Team, thanks to Ari Vatanen.

M-Sport’s title chances this year had been largely thanks to their inclusion of Sebastien Ogier, a story which for Wilson had represented the second major unsustainable gamble in his career.

The first had come when the 28-year old had personally invested in the purchase of an Audi Quattro which won him the British rally title in 1984.

Wilson: “When we took on Sebastien I never thought that we would be in a position to challenge for the Manufacturers’. OK, Toyota was in the first year, but I really felt Hyundai and Citroen would be so strong in the Manufacturers’.

“But I also felt we would stand a chance on the Drivers’, but to be so strong also in the Manufacturers’ has been really surprising. As the season progressed things changed. The fact that we have been on the podium on every rally tells you that the driver and the car package has been really strong this year”.

Has reliability been the reason why you are now in this position?

“I have said right from the start of the year that I think that reliability is what would win this championship. I genuinely expected there would be more mechanical issues, because everybody had completely new cars, a clean sheet of paper, new technical regs.

“I think it just shows how things, technology and everything, has moved on. You can do so much simulation nowadays, that we have also seen really strong reliability from all the manufacturers”.

What makes Sebastien stand out as a driver?

“Sebastien and (co-driver) Julien Ingrassia are both so focused, so professional, dedicated, attention to detail and it is what they bring to the team.

“I never lost the hope that we could still win a title, but we hadn’t won one for five years, so when Seb and Julien came to the team it just gave everybody the lift that we needed, it just makes everybody give that extra five per cent to be able to try and get the results.

“And I think also their arrival has had a great impact as well on Ott (Tanak) and Elfyn (Evans), though they probably won’t admit it! I can see that it has just made Elfyn and Ott have to look at things slightly differently to probably what they have done previously.

“There was no question from the moment that Seb walked into the workshop it was very easy for me to see why he and Julien have been four times world champions. Just because of the work ethic in everything that they do, their professional approach.”

And, for Wilson, perhaps the most pressing thoughts are not so much the prizes he might achieve this year, but who he could persuade to be in his team in 2018, now that Ott has decided to move on the Toyota.

“I would like to keep Sebastien and I would like to keep Elfyn. Whether I can do that I don’t know. I made the decision to engage Sebastien this year, but unless something changes (financially) then I can’t risk another year for M-Sport on the same basis. I can’t continue to do it. Ford know that as well.

“At this point in time I cannot tell you what the outcome will be. I know what I would like the outcome to be, but I don’t know. I am working on it and I am not going to give up.”

M-Sport has a team of quality technicians keeping the Fiestas moving.

Are you disappointed to see Ott leave after all you achieved with him?

“It is quite sad to see him leave, because we have been working with him since 2010, but he knows he has got a job to do for the final two rallies in 2017 and I am sure he will do a good job.

“I have told him (how much I hope) he will be back in two years in any case. We had an option on him but weren’t in a position to confirm this. We had a date by which to decide, but I wasn’t in a position to be able make the commitment.

“Compared with the other teams in the sport, we are in a different league altogether. Our great thing is we have got a fantastic team of people. Without a continued obligation to Ott it means we could put all our available financial resources in Seb, that’s the target. We continue to be in discussion with Seb.”

What have been the main limitations of running a private team in the WRC?

“To be honest the big thing is the money and the chance of sustainable development. If I didn’t feel confident that we could keep a competitive car, I would be honest and say I don’t think we (currently) have got the funding to be able to compete with the other guys.

“Personally I feel that with the skill base that we have I know that we can do it. Obviously the thing that I am working on now is to make sure that we have got the funding to be able to continue at the top level.”

And about your chances of keeping Sebastien in the team next year?

“I don’t know. I am just hoping!”

https://rallysportmag.com/interview-malcolm-wilson-ponders-m-sports-wrc-title-prospects/

EstWRC
27th October 2017, 00:07
Meet the man who made WRC’s biggest giant-killers

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/theredbulletin/malcolm-wilson-m-sport-interview-the-red-bulletin

Andre Oliveira
27th October 2017, 00:35
Someone listened Ogier in start to SSS?

"we achieved great results and Ford is now a fact... team... (laugh) Sorry, a great team"

mArvAlcao17
27th October 2017, 02:28
Interview: Malcolm Wilson ponders M-Sport’s WRC title prospects

“Compared with the other teams in the sport, we are in a different league altogether. Our great thing is we have got a fantastic team of people. Without a continued obligation to Ott it means we could put all our available financial resources in Seb, that’s the target. We continue to be in discussion with Seb.”

https://rallysportmag.com/interview-malcolm-wilson-ponders-m-sports-wrc-title-prospects/

This

KiwiWRCfan
27th October 2017, 05:37
Someone listened Ogier in start to SSS?

"we achieved great results and Ford is now a fact... team... (laugh) Sorry, a great team"

refreshed screen and read this a second time.
Pinched myself, Yes I am awake and not dreaming

Fast Eddie WRC
29th October 2017, 22:58
Let's have this thread at the top where it belongs... ;)

M-SPORT WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONS 2017 ! :champion:

Fast Eddie WRC
1st November 2017, 16:04
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNjjg9GXkAEUP4B.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd November 2017, 10:53
Post-Rally GB, Sébastien Ogier:

“Emotion is something you cannot control. There is something beautiful about that and I have to say that this was the strongest feeling of emotion that I have ever experienced in my professional life. It’s hard to explain the feeling, but it is most definitely a good one.

“Twelve months ago, we decided to take what could have been considered a risk. We decided to team up with Malcolm and set ourselves a challenge. Today, we have succeeded in that challenge and know that we made the right choice.

“I felt immediately proud and very happy for the team. A drivers’ title is something that has never happened for them and it was so well deserved. What they are able to do is amazing. Really, a big thanks to all of them.”

EstWRC
3rd November 2017, 10:07
nice video of the team from wales https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFar5v13bi8&t=0s

i have to admit it still hasnt got me what this team achieved this year :)

Fast Eddie WRC
4th November 2017, 14:35
Ford grabbing as much credit in the victory photo's...

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/media/k2/items/cache/e5a619de44c06a69f982b79db9089d51_XL.jpg

racerx1979
4th November 2017, 22:54
[QUOTE=Fast Eddie WRC;1161881]Ford grabbing as much credit in the victory photo's...

Fixed!!!

Did you guys notice Ott has already moved on in this image... crazy!! ;) Already wearing his ToyOtta gear

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/924/Trh96O.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/poTrh96Oj)

mArvAlcao17
5th November 2017, 10:53
Anybody knows there are these motorhome now?

Andre Oliveira
5th November 2017, 12:54
It was to sell some months ago

Andre Oliveira
8th November 2017, 13:42
http://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actualites/ford-de-retour-en-wrc-avec-m-sport-189841.html

According Autohebdo, Ford comeback!

cali
8th November 2017, 13:43
http://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actualites/ford-de-retour-en-wrc-avec-m-sport-189841.html

According Autohebdo, Ford comeback!That would be great! Fingers crossed....

EstWRC
8th November 2017, 17:39
is it a reliable source? that would be awesome news indeed

Tarmop
8th November 2017, 17:43
Well, there is a question mark...but where`s smoke, there`s fire.

Fast Eddie WRC
8th November 2017, 18:10
Confirmation of a Ford comeback will be the perfect end to this rally year.

mousti
8th November 2017, 18:33
Autohebdo mostly have reliable sources.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Rallyper
8th November 2017, 18:39
To me it depends on WHEN Seb Ogier will announce what happens: before Australia, he will continue at Ford.

After Australia: he will either retire or go to another team.

Tarmop
8th November 2017, 19:34
He promised somewhere that before Australia OR during the event the latest. Would be nice to announce Ford`s return and Ogier`s staying during the season- ending party...

electroliquid
8th November 2017, 20:33
I think it's two way deal - Ford comeback only if Ogier stays, Ogier stays only with full manufacturer support. Ford gets credits anyway, until M-Sport uses Ford's chassis, so why they need to comeback, but if Ford could build legacy in rallying (and they could do only with Ogier and only now) like Citroen with Loeb, or like Subaru - they could have benefits. Subaru long gone from WRC and for regular peoples still rallycar=Subaru. Ford gets something only if they could be dominant force and incorporates "rally spirit thing" into their brand for good, like Subaru, Audi with Quattro did.
And I think it's settled - Ogier stays, M-Sport get Ford full support. It's win-win-double win for Ogier-Ford-Willson. For others, and sport itself - we will see.

EstWRC
8th November 2017, 20:43
Gerard Quinn doesnt want to comment https://twitter.com/OpensTightens/status/928362397907202048

AndyRAC
8th November 2017, 22:04
Well, if it is true, and it is a big if; let's hope they back M-Sport properly with a decent budget! I seem to remember them pulling some budget when Abu Dhabi signed as a main sponsor.
All in or not at all!!

er88
8th November 2017, 22:42
Well, if it is true, and it is a big if; let's hope they back M-Sport properly with a decent budget! I seem to remember them pulling some budget when Abu Dhabi signed as a main sponsor.
All in or not at all!!If they were going all in with a very big budget we probably wouldn't still be awaiting confirmation of their comeback at this stage of the year. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have passed up a chance to dominate the manufactures by keeping a hold of Tanak as well as Ogier and Evans.

Budget to pay Ogier's wages and extra finance to support continued car development will be about it imo. Toyota and Hyundai's budget will still dwarf Ford and even more so Citroen's.

AnttiL
9th November 2017, 09:22
https://i.imgur.com/pd5Y5Ux.png

Rally Power
9th November 2017, 14:23
Budget to pay Ogier's wages and extra finance to support continued car development will be about it imo. Toyota and Hyundai's budget will still dwarf Ford

+1. Probably Wilson won’t get a cheque big enough to level MSport budget with Toyota and Hyundai, still, having Ford paying the champ salary and a part of the expenses are fantastic news for MSport and even for the series, with another big manu marketing machine helping to promote WRC.

Anyway, for Ford it’s a big chance to boost the new Fiesta image in Europe. Currently there’s no media advertising or commercial involvement from the brand, their importers and dealers on the WRC wins, meaning those aren’t getting to the general public; that’s a mind-blowing waste.

EstWRC
9th November 2017, 15:10
Msport preview for australia https://t.co/iMtuhD32gS

Andre Oliveira
9th November 2017, 18:31
Do you like Castrol liveries? ;)