PDA

View Full Version : M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

N.O.T
27th May 2016, 11:48
Yeah its soooo boring to finish rallies and pick up points for your team.

If the other drivers did a bit more of this instead of crashing every other event they might put some pressure on the VWs.

why you do this to yourself ? there are so many other beautiful sports out there... golf, tennis, butterfly hunting... you should expand your horizons

skarderud
27th May 2016, 12:07
I really don't understand why some think Østberg is boring to watch, at least when he had confidence in his car he is wery spectacular.
He is probably not WDC material, but he is not boring at stage.

dimviii
27th May 2016, 15:53
Yeah its soooo boring to finish rallies and pick up points for your team.

If the other drivers did a bit more of this instead of crashing every other event they might put some pressure on the VWs.

its obvious that you havent got a clue about what are you watching.
So if we had 5 Ostbergs, Ogier and vw would feel pressure. lolololololol
yes ,if instead of Meeke and Paddon and Neuville and Sordo we had Ostbergs,Ogier would feel pressure.

As NOT said change sport.

dimviii
27th May 2016, 15:55
I really don't understand why some think Østberg is boring to watch, at least when he had confidence in his car he is wery spectacular.
He is probably not WDC material, but he is not boring at stage.

I said that a championship of Ostberg type drivers would be boooooring.
Read carefully.

skarderud
27th May 2016, 17:21
I said that a championship of Ostberg type drivers would be boooooring.
Read carefully.
Well, i really can't agree in that, a championship only with spectacular drivers, It don't see that as a bad thing. Speed is one thing, show is another.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th May 2016, 21:31
its obvious that you havent got a clue about what are you watching.
So if we had 5 Ostbergs, Ogier and vw would feel pressure. lolololololol
yes ,if instead of Meeke and Paddon and Neuville and Sordo we had Ostbergs,Ogier would feel pressure.

As NOT said change sport.

I said if those other 'exciting' drivers in the factory teams finished more rallies they might put some pressure on the VW's.

Its no good being super fast and exciting then scoring no points. Ostberg has circumstances at the moment but still scores points.

The others with their big teams and faster cars have no excuse. Ogier is running away with another title but all you want is a few exciting stages from the 'challengers' and then he wins the title. Again.

PS. Dont lower yourself to NOT's level, I thought you were better than that.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th May 2016, 21:33
why you do this to yourself ? there are so many other beautiful sports out there... golf, tennis, butterfly hunting... you should expand your horizons

Your personal comments are not welcome here.

Blocked again.

denkimi
28th May 2016, 22:47
Think about McRae or Makinen they crashed a lot but they also won a lot. So far Meeke and Kubica just crashed. Yes, Meeke is showing signs of going over that but 2 wins is too soon to judge.

the problem is not that drivers crash, the problem is that some drivers don't crash.
ogier and loeb are/were not unbeatable purely on speed, but they are far more consistent while driving as fast as the competition.

dodge33cymru
29th May 2016, 07:30
Again, we're always dealing in absolutes.

Even if there are only two styles, fast and steady, isn't there room for both? Most teams have at least 2 seats anyway.

Personally, I enjoy the variety of styles in the field.

itix
29th May 2016, 07:32
I still don't understand how you people have the strength to debate this endlessly... somehow the subject should be depleted by now.

dimviii
29th May 2016, 09:32
I said if those other 'exciting' drivers in the factory teams finished more rallies they might put some pressure on the VW's.

Its no good being super fast and exciting then scoring no points. Ostberg has circumstances at the moment but still scores points.

Ostberg cant put pressure to Ogier even if he finishes all rallies.
You cant push Ogier when you are minutes behind him at every rally.

Barreis
29th May 2016, 09:34
Who can put pressure on Ogier in championship terms (while driving VW)?! Hardly anyone...

AL14
29th May 2016, 10:11
I still don't understand how you people have the strength to debate this endlessly... somehow the subject should be depleted by now.

Even Kubica's debates lasted less...

Fast Eddie WRC
29th May 2016, 10:19
Ostberg cant put pressure to Ogier even if he finishes all rallies.
You cant push Ogier when you are minutes behind him at every rally.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding this point ? I said THE OTHER DRIVERS.

IF THE OTHER DRIVERS IN THE FACTORY TEAMS DROVE MORE CONSISTENTLY THEY COULD PRESSURE VW MORE.

Ostberg is just an example of how someone makes the best of his ability and circumstances by being consistent.

dimviii
29th May 2016, 11:22

IF THE OTHER DRIVERS IN THE FACTORY TEAMS DROVE MORE CONSISTENTLY THEY COULD PRESSURE VW MORE.

Ostberg is just an example of how someone makes the best of his ability and circumstances by being consistent.

you cant understant that drivers like Ostberg that collect points being minutes from leader cant put pressure to Ogier.
Try to understant that.
Ogier will feel pressure when you push him taking stages/rallies.Thats a pressure for him.And that pressure Ostberg cant show to Ogier.
Not by finishing 3 minutes behind.
Same applies if the name of driver is Ostberg, or whatever you want.
its a pitty that you havent understant what you watching so many years.

dimviii
29th May 2016, 11:26
Who can put pressure on Ogier in championship terms (while driving VW)?! Hardly anyone...

till now we have seen that only Meeke is fast enough to put some pressure on him,but not at championship terms.He is fast at asphalt too,something Paddon till now we havent see his speed.

Andre Oliveira
29th May 2016, 13:28

While driving VW? Any doubt that Ogier dominates in VW, Ford, Hyundai,....? He is the best driver. Car not so important

RAS007
29th May 2016, 15:11

Don't waste your time getting wound up. His opinions "are facts", don't you know....

dimviii
29th May 2016, 15:38
Don't waste your time getting wound up. His opinions "are facts", don't you know....

give me an example how an Ostberg type driver can put pressure in a driver like Ogier.

N.O.T
29th May 2016, 15:42
give me an example how an Ostberg type driver can put pressure in a driver like Ogier.

For you information you are debating with a guy who did not enjoy paddons victory in Argentina because the Koreans eat dogs and Hyundai is a multinational company... good luck.

Some people should be left alone fighting their demons, life is hard for them already no need to add insult to injury.

GigiGalliNo1
29th May 2016, 16:41
In other news.... M-Sport to have a new Fiesta for 2017. Still no car for them to build or test.. What are we thinking here? Winning car in 2017 and beyond?

itix
29th May 2016, 17:04
No... They don't have the budget.

skarderud
29th May 2016, 19:14
They probably tests solutions in old car, atleast they should.
When is the new car presented?

Munkvy
30th May 2016, 01:59

Watching the highlights package on TV in the weekend I notice Mikkelsen is now second in the championship. And managed to overhaul and stay in front of Ogier in the last day of Portugal on much more even footing. Hopefully this is a good sign for the future, if he can fight with Ogier some of the time and keep it on the road, it can only be good for increasing the spectacle and making the outcome of events less predictable.

stefanvv
30th May 2016, 10:28
Watching the highlights package on TV in the weekend I notice Mikkelsen is now second in the championship. And managed to overhaul and stay in front of Ogier in the last day of Portugal on much more even footing. Hopefully this is a good sign for the future, if he can fight with Ogier some of the time and keep it on the road, it can only be good for increasing the spectacle and making the outcome of events less predictable.

Ogier had punctures, but still excellent drive of Mikkelsen nonetheless.

AL14
30th May 2016, 10:48

Mikkelsen is a nice guy but I don't think he has much more in the pocket anymore...

Mintexmemory
30th May 2016, 11:01
Ogier had punctures, but still excellent drive of Mikkelsen nonetheless.

Meh, only performed when the heat was off. He will be nowhere when the tarmac comes around. I have said before that Ostberg would get the same results in a VW. Andreas is not champ material.

wia5958
30th May 2016, 19:05
Meh, only performed when the heat was off. He will be nowhere when the tarmac comes around. I have said before that Ostberg would get the same results in a VW. Andreas is not champ material.

Nah ostberg would still b havin downshift problems :p

Fast Eddie WRC
12th August 2016, 16:52
2017 Fiesta road-car image

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CplJPrVXEAAoixG.jpg:large

“The current Fiesta has been so successful,” one Ford insider told Autocar, “that it has earned the right to evolve.”

Like the current car, the new Fiesta will be based on Ford’s Global B platform, also used in a simpler form for the Ka+. That means the new Fiesta will be very similar in overall length and wheelbase to the existing car, although there is talk of slightly wider tracks.

Clues to chassis spec came to life with the current Fiesta ST, when suspension engineers decided the twist beam rear suspension needed retooling to preserve handling balance and improve ride comfort. But the investment needed was not forthcoming until Ford committed to using familiar but improved components in the next-generation car.

So the new Fiesta will have a developed version of the outgoing model’s platform, complete with tuned but fundamentally unaltered MacPherson strut front suspension, rack and pinion steering and a twist beam rear end. Although manufacturers such as Renault have dropped three-doors from their supermini ranges, the new Fiesta will continue in three-door and five-door versions.

Scoop photographs show a car with exterior styling reminiscent of the outgoing model’s but with a wider and more grown-up look brought by extra width, a lower bonnet, thinner headlights and horizontal tail-lights to replace the current vertical affairs. Ford hopes no current owner will be put off by the new look.

Mirek
12th August 2016, 17:17
That's only photoshop, not the real car. Is even written in the Autocar article.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th August 2016, 21:17
That's only photoshop, not the real car. Is even written in the Autocar article.

I know, that's why I said 'image', but it gives a clue to the cars probable look which is evolutionary. Same with the chassis.

Maybe this is why M-Sport aren't worried about having the 2017 Fiesta yet, as it will be very similar to the previous one...

Fast Eddie WRC
13th August 2016, 21:20
5-door spy pics

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2015/11/ford-fiesta-mule-003.jpg?itok=uLKl-DmZ

http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2015/11/ford-fiesta-mule-005.jpg?itok=Pt2Oxk3r

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2015/11/ford-fiesta-mule-006.jpg?itok=lvJEaSWL

itix
13th August 2016, 23:15
That's the current one with plastic bits on it!

GigiGalliNo1
14th August 2016, 16:52
LoL!

Rally Power
15th August 2016, 17:28
That’s one of the test mules that have been rolling alongside the pre series camouflaged model.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-et7BJYcp-EI/V1c2gaAsArI/AAAAAAAAjSE/bceNx_Ir520LLSHiVG0qHr5Cpp0Q7GISgCLcB/s1600/2018-Ford-Fiesta-4.jpg
Photo: http://www.carscoops.com/2016/06/new-gen-2018-ford-fiesta-scooped-for.html

Btw, for being homologated in January as a WRC, when it’ll be expectable that Ford starts the series model production?

pantealex
16th August 2016, 12:20
Btw, for being homologated in January as a WRC, when it’ll be expectable that Ford starts the series model production?

All (except Hyundai) have same problem: Production not started yet.
C3 is released but new Fiesta, new Polo and new Yaris will be probably at Paris Autoexpo end of september / beginning october.

tommeke_B
16th August 2016, 12:45
Anyone knows how strict the rules about homologation are, especially with evolution/changes of parts after the first homologation? If they are as strict as now, I could imagine some manufacturer would homologate the current model as a new WRC and drive it for half a year before homologating the new one...

Mirek
16th August 2016, 12:50
Anyone knows how strict the rules about homologation are, especially with evolution/changes of parts after the first homologation? If they are as strict as now, I could imagine some manufacturer would homologate the current model as a new WRC and drive it for half a year before homologating the new one...

...just like Hyundai did with the i20...

Fast Eddie WRC
16th August 2016, 12:54
All (except Hyundai) have same problem: Production not started yet.
C3 is released but new Fiesta, new Polo and new Yaris will be probably at Paris Autoexpo end of september / beginning october.

So the test cars of Polo and Yaris are testing the aero on the current cars even though the new road car will have a different bodyshell..

And Hyundai havent even started 2017 yet ?

At least Citroen have the new C3 to work on.

GravelBen
16th August 2016, 13:12
And Hyundai havent even started 2017 yet ?

Saw a photo today claiming to be the 2017 Hyundai testing, but not verified.

Simmi
16th August 2016, 13:21
Saw a photo today claiming to be the 2017 Hyundai testing, but not verified.

Hyundai released images yesterday of the car. Although like most of the others it just seems to be a mule.

https://twitter.com/HMSGOfficial?lang=en

Sarac330d
16th August 2016, 13:29
In WTCC for season 2015 FIA alowed Lada to use Lada VESTA WTCC from start of season even when production of series model started at the end of year 2015. Maybe FIA will allow something similar to WRC manufacturers.

SM-G930F

Rally Power
16th August 2016, 17:19

Probably I'm wrong, but I believe that a manu can only homologate one WRC car per year.

OldF
16th August 2016, 18:49
Looking at the homologation history http://www.fia.com/regulation/category/760 (General - 2016 Complete List of Homologated Vehicles with Extensions) for Ford and Citroen the second homologation was 2014, three years after initial homologation in 2011. VW joined 2013 and had yet to homologate the SUPER 2000 1.6 TURBO kit + WRC kit variant (WR). All the first homologations between 2011-2013 have the homologation number 100/01.

Hyundai joined at the beginning of 2014 and now the homologation was called VARIANTE KIT WRC. Also Citroen, Ford and VW made new homologations (homologation number 200/01).

Citroen and Ford made a VARIANTE KIT WRC 2015 homologation at the beginning of 2015 and Hyundai at the beginning of 2016 (homologation number 300/01). VW don’t have a VARIANTE KIT WRC 2015 homologation. I don’t know any explanations for the WRC 2015 homologations.

I don’t remember if it was from the beginning of 2014 or 2015 when no S2000 kit homologations had to be made anymore. By the homologation name it was from 2014. The manufacturers also agreed to freeze the homologation once but was that 2014 or 2015, I don’t remember.

Mitsubishi used in the past the Evolution of the Type (ET) homologation for evo6 and evo6TM. Evo5, evo6 and evo6TM all have the same basic group A homologation number (A5585).

http://www.ralliart.com/eGRN/homologation.html

OldF
16th August 2016, 22:18
A correction to what I said earlier. Also VW have a WRC 2015 homologation.

Rally Power
18th August 2016, 19:18
First pic of the 3 door Fiesta. Ford won’t be at Paris Motor Show, so probably they’ll launch the new model in Detroit MS, a couple of weeks before MC.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-d90q0BrGzlE/V7RsIsIPgwI/AAAAAAAAux0/RTQK86FW3OYcdVxjknvD7ilQKn6DxKAzACLcB/s1600/New-Ford-Fiesta-3-Door-spy-9.jpg
Photo: http://www.carscoops.com/2016/08/all-new-3-door-ford-fiesta-makes-spy.html

Also a note on the new Polo, mentioned to debut only on 2017 second half…
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/08/2017-vw-polo-doesnt-disclose-much-in.html

drive
30th August 2016, 14:58
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/exciting-future-m-sport-rally-team an article about M-Sport expansion plans: 'The exciting future of the M-Sport rally team'

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd September 2016, 16:00
Not going to happen, would look great... and a the Focus would be a real RS...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrWDRmwVUAUTOHQ.jpg:large

Simmi
3rd September 2016, 17:03
Yeah it's a real shame to have an actual 4WD Focus RS hit the streets and no WRC variant to shout about. Will have to make do with WRX, which is probably a pretty decent representation of what it would have looked like.

tommeke_B
3rd September 2016, 19:02
What they should do is make a proper Fiesta RS... You need to understand that no car of these dimensions will be considered for world rally cars anymore. ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
9th September 2016, 12:28
They used the Focus RS for WorldRX and I understand that it is the the same weight as the other smaller cars (208, Polo, DS3 etc), so maybe it could come to WRC in the future ?

And looking at the 2017 Citroen C3 WRC, that seems quite a bit bigger then the WRC Yaris...

Fast Eddie WRC
9th December 2016, 18:26
Full info on the 2017 Fiesta WRC:

http://fordeurope.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/m-sport-introduce-ecoboost-powered-ford.html?m=1

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ISz3DVa0RwE/WErvjfUVgaI/AAAAAAAAYAU/Cm7IReoVb-sktk2p35YYpY4o-iHHvHfWACKgB/s800/FiestaWRC%2B%25283%2529.jpg

EstWRC
9th December 2016, 18:57
Such a beast

Allyc85
9th December 2016, 20:16
Absolutely stunning! :D

GravelBen
9th December 2016, 20:52
Bit of an ugly bumpkin IMO, colour scheme might help though once thats finalised.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th December 2016, 21:42
M-Sport managing director, Malcolm Wilson, believes his team has created a car with winning potential.

“Having driven the car myself, I can honestly say that it is one of the most impressive we have ever produced. It’s exciting to drive, it sounds fantastic and it looks absolutely sensational." he said.

“Every team is starting on an equal footing and I’m confident that we have produced another car which is capable of challenging – and winning – at the very highest level.

“More than 95 per cent has been designed from scratch and our team has had whatever they’ve wanted to build the best possible car. No expense has been spared, and we start the 2017 season with one goal in mind – returning to the top step of the podium.”

“We’ve pushed the physical boundaries in all areas and have some very interesting things going on underneath the surface that we are sure are unique to this car and have already improved performance significantly in testing," he said.

Sulland
9th December 2016, 23:15
Strange upper lip

looks a bit like Gorgon the Janitor

SubaruNorway
9th December 2016, 23:46
I'm no aero expert but wouldn't bending the rear diffuser up at the end make
it pul the car down more like an up side down airplane wing?

Would look better as well.

Mirek
10th December 2016, 17:25
Diffuser works on different principle. It uses the road as the opposite side of a closed channel (Venturi tube). By gradually enlarging it's area it creates under-pressure which "sucks" the car to the ground and by slowing the air down at the outlet it reduces the turbulences behind the car and by that reduces the drag.

br21
13th December 2016, 15:20
Hats off to Malcolm Wilson!! So many people (here also) laugh at him, that he thinks only about the money, makes slow cars, etc, etc. And when opportunity arises he was the one who was most determined, most motivated to get Ogier. He really did a lot to achieve it, got money, convinced Ogier, let him drive his car, etc, etc. Only Tommi was trying to do the same, rest thrown white towel. OK, they said they have good teams, drivers, etc, etc already, but we will see their faces at the end of 2017... For me it's huge achievement by Wilson and whole MSport team, they all proved to be real fighters desperately wanting to achieve something big. Of course automatically they saved their business for few more years easily, as now it will be much easier for them to sell/rent cars. Cool to follow 2017, MSport during last few seasons was private team trying to fight with huge manufacturer teams, now situation changed as they have by far the best driver available. And that driver liked the car they build. So if I were guys from other teams I would start to fear about the future.

N.O.T
13th December 2016, 15:34
Hats off to Malcolm Wilson!! So many people (here also) laugh at him, that he thinks only about the money, makes slow cars, etc, etc. And when opportunity arises he was the one who was most determined, most motivated to get Ogier. He really did a lot to achieve it, got money, convinced Ogier, let him drive his car, etc, etc. Only Tommi was trying to do the same, rest thrown white towel. OK, they said they have good teams, drivers, etc, etc already, but we will see their faces at the end of 2017... For me it's huge achievement by Wilson and whole MSport team, they all proved to be real fighters desperately wanting to achieve something big. Of course automatically they saved their business for few more years easily, as now it will be much easier for them to sell/rent cars. Cool to follow 2017, MSport during last few seasons was private team trying to fight with huge manufacturer teams, now situation changed as they have by far the best driver available. And that driver liked the car they build. So if I were guys from other teams I would start to fear about the future.

Nice try Malcom but nobody believes you.

Rallyper
13th December 2016, 15:37
Nice try Malcom but nobody believes you.

Try to positive, for once. Why see negative on this spectacular happening?

Rally Power
13th December 2016, 16:30
Yep, huge congrats to Mr. Wilson and best wishes to Ogier and Tanak during ’17. Hope Ford is giving MSport a proper $upport.

ik1911
13th December 2016, 16:39
Last Ford rally win : GB 2012!!

Best wishes!

dimviii
13th December 2016, 17:48
Ogier for 1 year contract?

Adler
13th December 2016, 18:24
https://youtu.be/n4PQgBW56G0

Happy for malcom and the whole Team!

Ucci
13th December 2016, 18:57

100% agree. It is awesome news.

dupanton
13th December 2016, 19:39
This should be the year where Ford comes back to success. If the car is anywhere near the other cars, Ogier will be champion.

Any idea how long his contract is?

danon
13th December 2016, 21:02
https://s5.postimg.org/gstu3e8hz/m_w.jpg

sollitt
13th December 2016, 23:39
If the car is anywhere near the other cars, Ogier will be champion.

Don't bet your house on it !

markpcym
14th December 2016, 08:13
Does anyone know if there will be any "new" merchandise for the beginning of season?

tomhlord
14th December 2016, 10:18

What a brilliant video.

dodge33cymru
14th December 2016, 12:02

Great video thanks

giu canbera
14th December 2016, 13:12
Hope this is not the case... otherwise we'd have a full grid painted in "red + blue or black + white or grey"

pantealex
14th December 2016, 14:14
Hope this is not the case... otherwise we'd have a full grid painted in "red + blue or black + white or grey"

No those are colors of France and picture is made in France...

GigiGalliNo1
14th December 2016, 14:15
Does anyone know if there will be any "new" merchandise for the beginning of season?

It'll be a few months into the season say Mexico/Portugal perhaps even Corsica as the WRC TV production guys get new gear into the third round...

Jack4688`
14th December 2016, 15:05
No those are colors of France and picture is made in France...

No it's an adaptation of the Ford GT colours from WEC

HaCo
14th December 2016, 16:51

And it looks good I think :-)

danon
14th December 2016, 17:54
http://i.giphy.com/Jc7IZBEkeFReM.gif

MM WRC
14th December 2016, 18:26
So, apparently they managed to change Camilli's contract to Ogier's one, didn't they?

pantealex
14th December 2016, 18:29

That also. But still colors from France and that pic is made in France.

Mariusz
14th December 2016, 18:53
So, apparently they managed to change Camilli's contract to Ogier's one, didn't they?
Unless I missed something, but teams can have 3 scoring drivers in 2017, so Ogier, Tanak and Camilli as a team will work.

SubaruNorway
14th December 2016, 19:06
Unless I missed something, but teams can have 3 scoring drivers in 2017, so Ogier, Tanak and Camilli as a team will work.

They would have mentioned Camilli in the press release then

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2016, 21:26
Local TV interview at M-Sport

http://www.itv.com/news/border/update/2016-12-13/cumbrian-rally-giants-m-sport-land-worlds-top-driver/

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2016, 21:50
New signing Seb Ogier's comments have been widely reported, but here are Tanak & Wilson's:

Ott Tänak said:

“I had a great season in 2016. We got a lot of experience under our belts and I think I became a much stronger driver. It was good to see the speed increase over the course of the year, and now I’m really looking forward to starting this new and exciting era.

“I’ve done a lot of testing with the new Ford Fiesta WRC, and it’s a massive step forward. This is the first time that I’ve had a hand in developing a new car completely from scratch and it’s been great to work with the engineers. I have a long history with M-Sport. They know how to build a competitive car and we’ve all worked together to produce something we hope will be quite special.

“The power is insane, and almost every aspect of the car has been completely redesigned. At first, I thought the increased power would make it a bit of a handful, but the guys have done such a good job. Every component works together to give incredible control – it really is the full package.

“It will be really interesting next year, and the whole team are very driven towards achieving the same goals. It’s great to have Seb and Julien in the team too. They have a lot of experience and I think we can all learn a lot from them. We had some great battles together this year, and I’m sure that will continue in 2017. There’s so much potential in this team. You can feel the excitement and we can’t wait to get started!”

M-Sport Managing Director, Malcolm Wilson OBE, said:

“We go to Rallye Monte-Carlo with the number one on the door of the Ford Fiesta WRC and the strongest driver line-up we have had in years. To say we’re excited about next season is an understatement. We believe that we have produced an exceptional car, and we are in the best possible position ahead of this exciting new era.

“I’ve made no secret of how much we wanted to work with Sebastien and Julien, and it is fantastic to welcome them to the team. We have worked extremely hard to secure them, and they believe that the Ford Fiesta WRC is the car with which they can best defend their championship.

“With Ott and Martin lining up alongside them, we are in for one hell of a season. Ott has had a very impressive year with consistent speed. He’s played a major role in the development of the new car, and I’m sure that the elusive first victory isn’t too far away!”

Andre Oliveira
15th December 2016, 19:12
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzvXhMtXUAI68OF.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
15th December 2016, 21:21
From Twitter:
@EricCamilli will start #RallyeMonteCarlo 2017 with a Ford Fiesta R5 @MSportLtd.
News via @errsport

https://t.co/ePeg1vJ7PV

KKS
16th December 2016, 04:25
So we have one free seat for Monte in M-sport. Maybe Mikkelsen? :angel:

skarderud
16th December 2016, 06:43
If M-sport drivers is ogier, Tänak and Mikkelsen, it will be a hell of a team!

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

Arwel Davies
16th December 2016, 07:36
The third M-sport seat/car is apparently going to be the D-Mack car so it'll more than likely be Elfyn Evans in the third car.

Simmi
16th December 2016, 08:16
The third M-sport seat/car is apparently going to be the D-Mack car so it'll more than likely be Elfyn Evans in the third car.

Motorsport News reported Elfyn was supposed to sign this week. He was also supposed to have been ready to announce before VW pulled out. So while everyone seems to think it will be Elfyn - why hasn't he been announced yet? For a fact they are/have been speaking to EVEN/Mikkelsen.

If I had to guess I think Andreas will steal the seat out from under Elfyn. He's just an all round better driver and can likely bring a bit of money if required.

liposh
16th December 2016, 09:12
If I am not mistaken people from Toyota never said their 3rd driver will be Lappi. He is just testdriver. Maybe there is unofficial agreement between Lappi and Makinen about at least 5 european rounds but they can change it very easily because he has written contract (only) as test driver. As Eddie Jordan once said: "Don´t trust anybody. Even me." Toyota´s third driver can be anybody. Mikkelsen, Suninen, Lappi, those two kamikadzes from Japan...anybody.

...thinking about it maybe Skoda can sign Mikkelsen. Lappi´s seat is empty. If so, I think driving one year for Skoda factory team is not a luck, when you are Mikkelsen level driver, but it isn´t also disaster.

sete
16th December 2016, 09:41
Skoda has Kopecky and Tidemand.They don't need a third driver.
And also dindt expecting that Mikkelsen will go back to WRC2 category

Eric
16th December 2016, 09:46
If I am not mistaken people from Toyota never said their 3rd driver will be Lappi. He is just testdriver. Maybe there is unofficial agreement between Lappi and Makinen about at least 5 european rounds but they can change it very easily because he has written contract (only) as test driver. As Eddie Jordan once said: "Don´t trust anybody. Even me." Toyota´s third driver can be anybody. Mikkelsen, Suninen, Lappi, those two kamikadzes from Japan...anybody.

...thinking about it maybe Skoda can sign Mikkelsen. Lappi´s seat is empty. If so, I think driving one year for Skoda factory team is not a luck, when you are Mikkelsen level driver, but it isn´t also disaster.

Yes most likely its Skoda. Ofcourse its better then nothing, but still. He deserves a seat in a top car :mad: Guessing he's looking forward to 2018 already.

pantealex
16th December 2016, 10:04

Launch day when press people asked about Lappi as 3rd driver, Tommi said yes he is but not in Corsica or before Corsica. But as said: Nothing is sure before Esapekka is on starting line with Yaris...

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2016, 10:09
Elfyn is Dmack's driver in 2017.
Mikkelsen - WRC 2. Such a shame..

Source please ?

Simmi
16th December 2016, 10:09
Sorry where is the WRC2 talk for Andreas coming from? Any source/solid info or just personal opinions?

Issue is where does he go in 2018? Citroen/Hyundai all full for next two years. Then he's basically competing for seats he was passed up for this off-season (Toyota/M-Sport).

Do we know the length of Ogier/Tanak deals?

Simmi
16th December 2016, 10:15
Launch day when press people asked about Lappi as 3rd driver, Tommi said yes he is but not in Corsica or before Corsica. But as said: Nothing is sure before Esapekka is on starting line with Yaris...

I read he'd do a partial European programme. Which we can assume is 7 rounds - Portugal through to Wales. Can't imagine why he wouldn't drive those after being presented on stage. Albeit it was a bit strange they wouldn't racesuit him up like the others or put him on the side of the car... Must be a tough position for EVEN having their two top drivers battling for the same seats.

liposh
16th December 2016, 10:59
...Tommi said yes he is but not in Corsica or before Corsica. But as said: Nothing is sure before Esapekka is on starting line with Yaris...
That´s what I am talking about. Tommi said that but if it is not on paper he can do whatever he wants to.

Rally Power
16th December 2016, 13:23
Its Christmas time…Red Bull could play Santa and give Mikkelsen the 3rd MSport seat. That way Evans would still be in DMack and Lappi in Toyota!

Eric
16th December 2016, 13:34
Its Christmas time…Red Bull could play Santa and give Mikkelsen the 3rd MSport seat. That way Evans would still be in DMack and Lappi in Toyota!

Dmack is the 3rd Msport car.

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2016, 16:24
Two things.

I was told during Rally Aus that M-Sport will have 3 WRC17 cars in Monte.

D-Mack will have one.

Makes four WRC17 M-Sport cars.

On another note. Word was that Andreas will compete in WRC2 in 2017. But this was before both Ogier and JML didn't have drives! So all three VW guys were up in the air!

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2016, 18:07
Two things.

I was told during Rally Aus that M-Sport will have 3 WRC17 cars in Monte.

D-Mack will have one.

Makes four WRC17 M-Sport cars.

On another note. Word was that Andreas will compete in WRC2 in 2017. But this was before both Ogier and JML didn't have drives! So all three VW guys were up in the air!

The 3 M-Sport cars could include the 1 DMack car as the rules were relaxed for them to have different tyre makes within the same team. DMack are effectively just a sponsor/tyre supplier within M-Sport...

pantealex
19th December 2016, 19:01
That´s what I am talking about. Tommi said that but if it is not on paper he can do whatever he wants to.

VW drivers had their contracts on paper...
and Lappi had paper with full season in Toyota...

maciotacio
19th December 2016, 21:39
Lappi had paper with full season in Toyota...

Are you sure?
Then, rumors about Kubica doing at least 7 rounds as a 3rd driver might be true.

danon
19th December 2016, 22:05

https://s5.postimg.org/mxdjbd0nb/image.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
19th December 2016, 22:55
Maybe those of you here who have been criticising MW for years will listen to rally legend Ari Vatanen...

So Ari, are you satisfied with the news (about Ogier signing) ?
'I was so happy when I learned it. This testifies to the excellent work of Malcolm (Wilson, director of the M-Sport team).
It must be remembered that Ford has very little investment (in M-Sport) and Malcolm has to find the money himself and manage his company well. He took big risks, and I love his entrepreneurial spirit. He started by selling pilot gloves at Carlisle Airport and now he is there, he deserves everything that happens to him. People do not realize it's easy to work for someone, but it's entirely different when you risk everything without knowing what it's going to give you, you take calculated risks and you hope it works. And it worked for Malcolm, he's a real businessman. '

Rally Power
20th December 2016, 14:38
https://s5.postimg.org/mxdjbd0nb/image.jpg

Santa forgot Mikkelsen’s package…

pantealex
20th December 2016, 19:00
Are you sure?
Then, rumors about Kubica doing at least 7 rounds as a 3rd driver might be true.

I'm 99% sure that they never were thinking about Kubica as their driver...

Andre Oliveira
20th December 2016, 19:01
Only 99%?

pantealex
20th December 2016, 19:28
Only 99%?

Only Tommi can give 100%

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd December 2016, 15:59
Ogier interview with RedBull.tv

So Sébastien, how hard was it to decide between the team options you had for 2017?
It is never easy to find a solution, especially with this timing. For sure we had some rough weeks where we needed to think about all the options we had and try to make the best choice out of it. What motivated me to go [with M-Sport] was definitely the passion that I felt in this team and the motivation they had to try and have us on board. It was nice to see this. Also, I had a chance to try the car before signing and I immediately felt its potential. Of course it's going to be difficult. We have very little time to adapt to it and try to make it more suitable to us, so we will probably have a difficult start to the season. But at least it’s a motivating challenge and we will give our best.

What do you make of your new boss Malcolm Wilson and what he’s built with M-Sport?
Our relationship so far is at the beginning. We don’t know each other much yet but I always had a good impression of him and I’m sure he's a very good team boss, doing things with his heart and a lot of passion. That’s one of the things that convinced me to join this team, and I think it's a very human adventure we will have. Even if the team is most probably working with a smaller budget than the others, the passion can have a strong power and affect on the results. Let's see what we can achieve. I'm definitely looking forward [to the season] and I think so far I am very happy with the first discussions we’ve had. Having someone you can trust in a partnership is important. It’s definitely a good challenge to try to bring this team back to success after many years of struggle

So how much more time are you going to get with the M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC before Monte Carlo?
Not much. I had two days already last week in Sweden for the first test and now I have a break of two weeks, which I also really need as the season was long and, like everyone, you need to recharge the batteries again and have some good family time. I will have another test in January before the rally, which is normally two days, so it will not be much time in this car.
Hopefully the feeling comes very quickly, but that's why I said we have a big challenge in front of us. It’s a bit early to know what we will be able to achieve. I have achieved a lot these last [four] years, and I feel that I’m in a position where I have nothing to lose. I have nothing to prove any more and I will try my best. It’s definitely a good challenge to try to bring this team back to success after many years of struggle.

Who do you think will be your strongest rivals in 2017?
Right now, I don’t really know which position I will be in. I am not sure we can still talk about me as a favourite as it’s a new challenge with a lot of questions marks, and right now I think it's a bit too early to give any prognostics. First of all, I will focus on myself and on finding the best feeling possible. I would love to tell you right now what is my real target for next year; of course I hope to perform well, but I’m not sure yet if it’s realistic to speak about it or not. I am not sure we can still talk about me as a favourite.

You'll be partnered with Ott Tänak in 2017. What did you make of his performance throughout the 2016 season and how do you think he'll get on as your team-mate?
It will be an interesting partnership, because he is definitely a talented driver who has done some good performances this year. He didn’t manage to win but was very close to his first victory in the WRC [in Poland]. I don’t know him so well, but the first feeling is that he’s a nice guy and I'm looking forward to working with him and trying, together with him, to bring this team closer to the top.

How has the arrival of your son Tim changed you and your feelings towards rallying? It must be getting harder to leave for events and testing…
It has made it more difficult to leave home. To become a father changed my life for sure. It makes me think a bit differently and have a different perspective about life. There were many years when I was completely focussed on racing, and of course now I continue to do it professionally and give my best but I want to… enjoy time with my family. I want to be a good dad, that is one of my targets now. It has become harder to leave and it will get even worse when he grows up and starts to talk. I’m sure his Mum will teach him his first sentence to be, ‘Dad stay home’! We have had so many good times already this year and I could not be more happy at the moment. We've achieved much more than I was hoping for 10 years ago.

So finally, 2016 marked the 10-year anniversary of your rally career – it must be hard to believe how much you’ve achieved in that time?
For sure it has gone quickly. You always look forward in life [but] sometimes it’s nice to look back on what you’ve done. Over the 10 years, I’ve been flying, but at the same time we've achieved much more than I was hoping for 10 years ago. When I started, I was hoping to reach the WRC and the ultimate dream was to be world champion. We achieved that and even more, as now we are four-time world champions. So it’s been a fantastic adventure over those 10 years and it’s not over. Let's see what the future brings now.

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motorsports/offroad/stories/1331835927176/sebastien-ogier-interview-after-msport-signing

Andre Oliveira
22nd December 2016, 22:36
Everyone wanted VW cars cause Ogier won with that.

Now, everyone wants a M-Sport car. Poor WRC Trophy. At least 6 Fiesta WRC 2017 in Portugal. 4 at Sweden.

Mirek
22nd December 2016, 22:42
What will some usual suspects say if Ostberg drives the same "worst of all" car as Ogier?

RS
23rd December 2016, 14:49
What will some usual suspects say if Ostberg drives the same "worst of all" car as Ogier?

I am sure MSport will build a special one with 'problems' for Mads.

Andre Oliveira
24th December 2016, 21:15
M-Sport: What are you hoping to find under your Christmas tree tomorrow? #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0eEFjvWgAA2PLc?format=jpg&name=large

Red Bull logo ;)

Franky
24th December 2016, 21:33
What's with this fascination of Red Bull ...

N.O.T
24th December 2016, 21:36
What's with this fascination of Red Bull ...

money kid...

you think wilson would pay for Ogiers salary ?

Franky
24th December 2016, 22:02
money kid...

you think wilson would pay for Ogiers salary ?

But Red Bull is not the only other company.

HenryEST
24th December 2016, 22:05
M-Sport: What are you hoping to find under your Christmas tree tomorrow? #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0eEFjvWgAA2PLc?format=jpg&name=large

Red Bull logo ;)

YESS There is red bull logo under the cover on the bonnet :D

Fast Eddie WRC
24th December 2016, 23:06
Is this any surprise.. Red Bull sponsorship was always going wherever Ogier went.

And Ogier has made it perfectly clear he went for the best available car, not the biggest wages.

er88
25th December 2016, 04:14
Seb will still earn millions next year, of that I'm sure. When you have lots of money why be greedy and chase more (Toyota's £10m offer), when it would've denied him a shot at the title again.

So it was hardly a difficult choice for Seb to make in the end, when he only had Msport and Toyota as genuine options.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

tomhlord
25th December 2016, 08:42
Is this any surprise.. Red Bull sponsorship was always going wherever Ogier went.

And Ogier has made it perfectly clear he went for the best available car, not the biggest wages.

In a way, yes. Because Red Bull could have easily paid Seb's wages and left it to helmet logos. This is more than that.

tommeke_B
25th December 2016, 10:05
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15697346_10154814590278728_5571375402643559216_n.j pg?oh=b28e54a3d6fa790b86790a0d4a63ba20&oe=58E8D585

Oliverk
25th December 2016, 10:05
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15724942_10154901798344973_3375764589635354819_o.j pg?oh=a497327fe3e483e6475faac6a6b3e2c1&oe=58DC6CB9
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/8fb932ef21e4f894b7a63ee24/images/05555f3f-b4c3-4a98-a038-24e84326710f.jpg

Eli
25th December 2016, 10:08
Beautiful, Beautiful...The best looking car of 2017 imho, although shame they haven't gone with the black rims.

EstWRC
25th December 2016, 10:09
Not finished and separate designs then https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127574/msport-reveals-first-look-at-ogier-livery

stefanvv
25th December 2016, 10:43
Not finished and separate designs then https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127574/msport-reveals-first-look-at-ogier-livery

Hopefully they do something different with the front of the car.

seb_sh
25th December 2016, 10:49
I like the direction those are going in; also interesting they will have different liveries, after DMACK shows their car the Ford team will have 3 distinct liveries on its cars. I guess this means Red Bull is paying Ogier's salary.

macebig
25th December 2016, 11:06
Very little Castrol sponsoring.With VW out,I was expecting a refocus on the Ford team from BP.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th December 2016, 11:07
In a way, yes. Because Red Bull could have easily paid Seb's wages and left it to helmet logos. This is more than that.

RB livery only on Ogier's car so they are following him, they're not a full M-Sport sponsor.

More from the team:
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/m-sport-reveal-2017-livery-evolutions

Barreis
25th December 2016, 11:10

Baumschlager drove Escort gp.A with Red Bull on the car back in 1993 but probably not M-Sport car (back then there were much more rally car workshops)...

Fast Eddie WRC
25th December 2016, 11:13
'The invaluable support that M-Sport continue to receive from Ford is well represented – the ‘Powered by Ecoboost’ trademark proudly displayed.. '

Really ? One logo on the rear.

macebig
25th December 2016, 11:13
Vatanen had an SMS Escort with Red Bull logos for 1994.

macebig
25th December 2016, 11:14
'The invaluable support that M-Sport continue to receive from Ford is well represented – the ‘Powered by Ecoboost’ trademark proudly displayed.. '

Missed the top of the front windscreen...

jacko
25th December 2016, 11:35
Raimund Baumschlager Ford Focus 2001 (rally Germany)

Andre Oliveira
25th December 2016, 12:15
Stunning!

A FONDO
25th December 2016, 12:32
Car is better than I've ever imagined! Now bring the time machine cause I can't imagine waiting almost a month to Monte start!

Simmi
25th December 2016, 12:33

The more I think about it, if Ford aren't throwing in any significant support why should M-Sport emblazon their logos everywhere? Especially now they finally have a bit of leverage with the best driver in the sport.

The cars look awesome. Cool idea to release them on Christmas day - piggybacking on the season of goodwill.

From what I can tell MS-RT is M-Sport's road car performance tuning brand. So they are still self-sponsoring Tanak's car. Can't wait to see this Fiesta in Dmack livery too. I think that will be the best of the lot!

EstWRC
25th December 2016, 12:34
Tänak's one looking nice but i dont like Ogier one because i have never been Red Bull livery fan and it ruins it for me and it looks like a mess too.

But both arent final designs so we will see but i doubt there will be big changes. i definitely hope that they something with the white part in the front.

both close up https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/812974279390326784
https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/812974247907885057

AL14
25th December 2016, 13:42
For me Tanak's is the best livery.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th December 2016, 15:15
Red Bull-dominated livery is the price MSport had to pay to have Ogier it seems... :(

seb_sh
25th December 2016, 15:18
Red Bull-dominated livery is the price MSport had to pay to have Ogier it seems... :(

what?!

Fast Eddie WRC
25th December 2016, 15:25
what?!

For those that dont like that drinks company and/or that livery.

the sniper
25th December 2016, 15:36
Any company that pumps hundreds of millions of £$€ into the sport I love is alright by me... Not that I've ever drank the drink! Motorsport would be much poorer (in many senses) for them not being involved...

I think the livery is good anyway. Hopefully Tanak's car ends up having a good, prominent sponsor too. Probably won't though.

focus206
25th December 2016, 19:33
meh I don't like it much, especially the front, those 2 shades of blue don't go really well with each other... maybe Tanak's livery will be better once it's final

Fast Eddie WRC
26th December 2016, 11:18
Ok so its great news for M-Sport to have Ogier, but what a shame Ford didnt take this brilliant opportunity to come back as a manufacturer.

Imagine if they win rallies and/or the championship and Red Bull get all the publicity benefit.

Andre Oliveira
26th December 2016, 12:12
Imagine M-Sport world champions, and in 2018 Ford back with money to stay with Ogier ;)

Ford back in 2018 was the first rumours. That things need time.

GigiGalliNo1
26th December 2016, 14:36
Did you not like it when cigarette companies sponsored? Gambling companies? Nature destroying oil companies?

Ctesibios
26th December 2016, 16:04
I thought Michelin would of been more involved on the livery since Ogier is French and they could not have a French world champion sponsored by Dmack. Originally, before VW quit, I thought Dmack was going to push to get the whole M-Sport team sponsored and switched to Dmack tires.

macebig
26th December 2016, 16:43
Michelin is supposed to treat all teams equally.

Ctesibios
26th December 2016, 16:52
Michelin is supposed to treat all teams equally.
Can they not sponsor a team like Dmack? I remember seeing a Ford Escort to the colors of Michelin in the 1990s.

macebig
26th December 2016, 17:20
That was Wilson's own Escort and he was contesting the BRC with it and only RAC and little else from the WRC schedule.

Andre Oliveira
26th December 2016, 18:27
Red Bull can sponsor drivers, when promotor is Red Bull Media House and Michelin no? ;)

pantealex
26th December 2016, 18:35
I believe Michelin also can but they don´t have to, every top driver uses them already...

seb_sh
26th December 2016, 18:52
Exactly, DMACK must prove their product, Michelin is the top product and is selling well to customers, no need for extra sponsorship.

itix
26th December 2016, 20:59
Did you not like it when cigarette companies sponsored? Gambling companies? Nature destroying oil companies?

I can not physically roll my eyes further back into my head even if I tried...

Roy
26th December 2016, 22:32
That was Wilson's own Escort and he was contesting the BRC with it and only RAC and little else from the WRC schedule.
1994 Malcolm Wilson and 2014 Matthew Wilson are sponsored by Michelin

https://www.autocult.fr/2014/ford-michelin-wilson-pere-et-fils-20-ans-plus-tard/

Fast Eddie WRC
26th December 2016, 23:37

I'm being more pro-Ford (with their rally history). Plus it would be good to see another full manufacturer team.

And it has to be said that Red Bull are just in it for what they get out of it. They have no real love of rallying. If they did they would sponsor MSport, not just the world champion.

EightGear
26th December 2016, 23:42
And it has to be said that Red Bull are just in it for what they get out of it.

Welcome to the real world.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th December 2016, 23:48
Welcome to the real world.

But Ford carried on supporting for years with no success. RB just are just in rally while they have Ogier wins.

seb_sh
27th December 2016, 00:01
But Ford carried on supporting for years with no success. RB just are just in rally while they have Ogier wins.

Actually they started with Loeb and they are also sponsoring a bunch of other drivers.

Any sponsor is in it for some kind of publicity or image, sponsoring a national driver or a winner or a particularly popular driver, no one just throws money away "for the love of the sport".

rallyfiend
27th December 2016, 00:41
I'm being more pro-Ford (with their rally history). Plus it would be good to see another full manufacturer team.

And it has to be said that Red Bull are just in it for what they get out of it. They have no real love of rallying. If they did they would sponsor MSport, not just the world champion.

Garbage. You have a clearly very short memory of WRC.

Red Bull have been involved in WRC since they started as a company.

Carlos Sainz was one of their first ever athletes across all sports. Probably even before they were involved in F1 or any other motorsport. They have been constantly involved since.

http://www.locosdelmotor.com/en/2015/03/05/el-deporte-a-veces-es-muy-cruel-sainz-moya-en-el-98/

As for Ford, why would they get back involved as a 'full manufacturer' again, when M-Sport are doing it for them for peanuts?

I would say that Ford are getting away with what is probably the cheapest World Championship-level motorsport programme in the entire world.

the sniper
27th December 2016, 02:51
And it has to be said that Red Bull are just in it for what they get out of it. They have no real love of rallying.

One of the biggest/only non-manufacturer sponsors in the sport, yet they're "just in it for what they get out of it" (is sports sponsorship normally a charitable concern?) and "have no real love of rallying"... I wish most large corporations committed the same level/lack of interest to rallying as Red Bull have!

If the 2017 VW turns up in Red Bull and Qatar colours in Sweden, will Red Bull still be the bad guy...?

I would say that Ford are getting away with what is probably the cheapest World Championship-level motorsport programme in the entire world.

I don't actually mind it to be honest, if only because of the commitment Ford showed to the WRC from 2006 to 2012 when the WRC/sport badly needed their support. If they get a cheap Championship now on the back of the investment they made back then, good for them. At the end of the day, their exit was honourable and they never actually fully left, they're still supporting M-Sport to a lesser extent when they don't really need to at all.

WUff1
27th December 2016, 07:36
Red Bull is probably just in to pay Ogier.

Fast Eddie WRC
27th December 2016, 11:35
Red Bull have sponsored for a long time but always the top drivers who are dominant and who's success is virtually guaranteed.

They arent there for the poorer drivers/teams and do they do anything for grass-roots rallying ?

They are like a flat-track bully.

Plus I hear that their football teams are despised in all the leagues they are playing in.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football

AL14
27th December 2016, 12:14
Red Bull is not a sponsor like the others. I agree with Fast Eddie.
Involvement of Ford would be healthier for the sport.

Redbull tends to cancel any aspect of what is not good for his brand. It's a very aggressive promotion.
Just look at what they have done in football. They USED the team of strasbourg, its history and, without caring of the people and the citizens of the team, they empowered Lipsia destroying strasbourg team.

Rally is marketing tool but is also full of heritage, it's kind of noble sport. Don't expect Redbull to preserve it.

denkimi
27th December 2016, 12:30
As for Ford, why would they get back involved as a 'full manufacturer' again, when M-Sport are doing it for them for peanuts?

i don't understand why wilson hasn't approached other manufacturers. most components of the car remain the same, no matter what car brand.

M-sport could have build the toyota wrc car.

seb_sh
27th December 2016, 13:00
Instead of bashing RedBull and how they spend their money maybe we should be asking why others don't participate. In the end it comes down to how popular (or not) WRC is and how well it is sold. Usually promoters try to dumb it down instead of showing the core of what makes it cool.

As for RedBull I don't necessarily agree or like the way they approach things but it's their money and their strategy. The want to be the winners and are ruthless in pursuing that. Why doesn't another company come in and sponsor a private Ford team with some spectacular and charismatic drivers? That's another way you can have great marketing impact even if you don't have the champion team.

It's kind of similar to bashing Ogier for winning everything and making the last few years boring. It's not his fault the others were weak in comparison. It's also not RedBulls fault no one else is willing to fork up some cash.

rallyfiend
27th December 2016, 13:06
Red Bull have sponsored for a long time but always the top drivers who are dominant and who's success is virtually guaranteed.

They arent there for the poorer drivers/teams and do they do anything for grass-roots rallying ?

Plus I hear that their football teams are despised in all the leagues they are playing in.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football

Sordo
Evans
Lefebvre
Molinaro
Cetinkaya
Aigner
Sandell
Hanninen

To name just a few. These are'dominant' drivers for whom success is 'guaranteed'?

I don't think those words mean what you think they do....

rallyfiend
27th December 2016, 13:06

Sordo
Evans
Lefebvre
Molinaro
Cetinkaya
Aigner
Sandell
Hanninen

To name just a few. These are'dominant' drivers for whom success is 'guaranteed'?

I don't think those words mean what you think they do....

Fast Eddie WRC
11th January 2017, 19:16
MW interview podcast: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/media/podcasts/page/114--80--.html

EstWRC
11th January 2017, 20:20
hmmmm....He didnt sound very optimistic to me about keeping Ogier and also in winning. "we hope to get some success and wins etc"

Fast Eddie WRC
11th January 2017, 23:01
Sounds like it was M-Sport 'financials' that were put in to get Ogier contracted just for 2017.

Then if/when some good resuls come they hope new sponsors will come in (even Ford) for 2018 and beyond.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th January 2017, 23:18
hmmmm....He didnt sound very optimistic to me about keeping Ogier and also in winning. "we hope to get some success and wins etc"

He's quietly confident though and that's all he can be when no-one knows how their car compares with the others...

RAS007
12th January 2017, 04:21

MW must realize that the major downside to having Ogier is that if the wins don't come now, they never will.

Meekefan
12th January 2017, 05:14
The main problem is the quantity of pre event tests that they are doing. While the other teams are testing almost every week, m-sport only tested a pair of weeks.

AMSS
12th January 2017, 06:59
M-sport can be compared only to Hyundai(and VW 2016) as they are the only ones with same test regulations. Toyota and Citroen could test as much as they wanted last season.
Once this season officially has started test regulations are same for everyone.

Barreis
12th January 2017, 14:59
is this final full season for Evans at top level?! he must be at Tanak's 2016 level at least

Simmi
12th January 2017, 15:09
MW must realize that the major downside to having Ogier is that if the wins don't come now, they never will.

Reliability is what I'm interested in most with Ford. They've been far from troublefree in testing - including this week.

I'm sure they will be fast out of the block. Like in '99/'03. But both of those years were plagued by issues.

macebig
12th January 2017, 15:24
Exactly.Ford's problem was always keeping up the development.Escort RS Cosworth was the fastest car in 93 and in 95 it was nowhere.99-2000 Focus was a match for everything but in 2002 Peugeot steamrolled them.03 Focus was again the fastest but in 05 they were behind Citroen and Subaru.06 Focus was a class of its own and by 09 C4 was miles ahead.Lastly 11 Fiesta obliterated the DS3 in Sweden but that advantage didn't even last a year.Its absolutely crucial that they keep themselves as close as possible(or ahead) witj the other teams as the season (and years ahead) progress.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2017, 16:06
Are there any more pictures of Tanak's Fiesta livery since the first reveal ?

EstWRC
12th January 2017, 17:10
unfortunately no

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 20:28
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15940850_1595119757184112_313978790439036141_n.jpg ?oh=9f84e80041c6239e13ac4b85119a9594&oe=591CC9FE
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15977132_1595094213853333_712002564580261020_n.jpg ?oh=7822e6482899fbf9b329820b8d80b979&oe=5919D974
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15940555_1595094110520010_8411878572643182086_n.jp g?oh=3ddec73157d94f121dd98636b05dfb22&oe=58DDD295
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16003093_1595093987186689_7135671665826001741_n.jp g?oh=5780354bb93efa3a828d42a464db54a7&oe=59236C30
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15977295_1595093907186697_652218794746547765_n.jpg ?oh=4a2bd54796730652f3b96b2231a81e2e&oe=5922AC76

stefanvv
12th January 2017, 20:43
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15977295_1595093907186697_652218794746547765_n.jpg ?oh=4a2bd54796730652f3b96b2231a81e2e&oe=5922AC76

I like the roof:D

Simmi
12th January 2017, 23:10
The number plate is pretty cool.

They've obviously purchased it off W R Tullock & Sons, which you can see on the rear. Turns out that's a Ford dealership out on the island of Orkney (above Scotland for non-Brits). Good bit of PR for them, especially if that stays on for the Monte!

Mintexmemory
12th January 2017, 23:31
Good bit of PR for them, especially if that stays on for the Monte!

Except rally cars competing in France have to remove their usual road-legal number plates

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2017, 23:34

They've obviously purchased it off W R Tullock & Sons, which you can see on the rear. Turns out that's a Ford dealership out on the island of Orkney (above Scotland for non-Brits). Good bit of PR for them, especially if that stays on for the Monte!

Ha ha.. and I thought I was sad looking up Tullock & Sons !! :D

macebig
12th January 2017, 23:37
If my memory serves me right,in the UK you can buy any number plate you want (for the right price of course...).So probably,those guys owned the "WRT 1" number plate and Wilson got it from in exchange for a small sponsorship?Correct me if Im wrong.

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2017, 23:47
W R Tullock & Sons Ltd
6 h

*** Autosport international Show ***

Pictured are Malcolm Wilson owner of M-Sport with David & Warren Tullock at today's launch of the 2017 WRC Fiesta.

W R Tullock with their registration numbers WRT 1 & WRT 2 are very proud to partner M-sport for the 2017 season.

This is the actual car that will be driven by Sebastian Ogier at this years Monte Carlo Rally.

WRC1
13th January 2017, 07:08

thats my number plate ;)

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15937208_711905742310782_4086005788448759480_o.jpg ?oh=33b850b99e0f73786d934a338d0d5280&oe=591E3FF8

EstWRC
13th January 2017, 11:16
interview with Wilson at autosport show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsJbi-dhw30&feature=youtu.be&t=6h4m6s

HenryEST
15th January 2017, 11:47

pantealex
15th January 2017, 11:56

3rd place in Fiesta17 livery competition (so far)

EstWRC
15th January 2017, 12:25
need a better picture but definitely better than Ogier's but no one cant even get close to Dmack

Sulland
15th January 2017, 21:30
Hopefully the new recce car for the Ford boys

Fast Eddie WRC
16th January 2017, 18:31
M-Sport ready for Monte.

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/ready-and-raring-to-go

Fast Eddie WRC
17th January 2017, 18:29
Head of rally engineering speaks about 2017 car:

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/meet-the-team-chris-williams

jparker
17th January 2017, 19:33
Head of rally engineering speaks about 2017 car:

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/meet-the-team-chris-williams
Some teams prefer to keep quite and concentrate on their results, other just want to show up. It all sounds too familiar.

Mirek
17th January 2017, 20:21
Do You suggest that by stating clear that now they have to deliver without excuses they play an attention whore?

jparker
17th January 2017, 20:35
Do You suggest that by stating clear that now they have to deliver without excuses they play an attention whore?
One doesn't exlude the other I think.

br21
17th January 2017, 20:57
Chris Williams is one of the top engineers in rally world, it's always worth reading what he says

jparker
18th January 2017, 08:06
You can prize any engineer as much as you want, but at the end is the results that counts.
That's just general comment, I don't know what results Chris Williams has achieved so far.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd January 2017, 14:15
So after all the years of struggle and pain, a win again at last and the prospect of many more.

A private team winning a WRC event is amazing, but if they win the title that will be just beyond words.

Imagine how Ford will feel if M-Sport do it and they didnt back them...

itix
22nd January 2017, 14:19
So after all the years of struggle and pain, a win again at last and the prospect of many more.

A private team winning a WRC event is amazing, but if they win the title that will be just beyond words.

Ford should do the only reasonable thing and sponsor their own team officially.

They still have the chance to retain Ogier for next year and tag along on the positive advertising this will bring them.

Andre Oliveira
22nd January 2017, 15:02
99% certain that will happen that.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd January 2017, 16:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2x8efjXUAAKFRY.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd January 2017, 16:36
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2x8uq9WEAEOLrW.jpg:large

AndyRAC
22nd January 2017, 16:38

Well, look at it another way. M-Sport win, showing off the Ford brand; Ford celebrate as they haven't put anything in, but get all the plaudits. "EcoBoost powers the winners of Rally Monte-Carlo/ WRC Title.....
Apart from rallyfans, (and even some rallyfans don't know) who knows that Ford aren't in the WRC??

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd January 2017, 16:44
Well, look at it another way. M-Sport win, showing off the Ford brand; Ford celebrate as they haven't put anything in, but get all the plaudits. "EcoBoost powers the winners of Rally Monte-Carlo/ WRC Title.....
Apart from rallyfans, (and even some rallyfans don't know) who knows that Ford aren't in the WRC??

Possibly, but I doubt Ford will produce that much advertising out of this MC success... we'll see...

'Red Bull' dominates images of Ogier's car.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2x8uq9WEAEOLrW.jpg

Also notice there's no Ford logos at all on the Dmack.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2xjp-jXUAQos0k.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd January 2017, 16:52
Sweet victory at last for Malcolm ! :)

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16265390_747406772089134_9160672099627087095_n.jpg ?oh=ca3ad8de6494e8f095a3af8193b76a1e&oe=590137F3

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd January 2017, 17:59
Colin Clark:
Last to test... first to reach the top step of the podium !
Incredible job by all at MSportLtd, Seb Ogier and in particular Mr Wilson.
Some team . :)

Andre Oliveira
24th January 2017, 22:31
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2-Etg3XgAEHGr_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2-Etg1XUAQnJtx.jpg

danon
25th January 2017, 11:40
^ a sneak peek of the proper one...

http://www.bounceaboutleisure.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/burger-2.jpg

Mintexmemory
25th January 2017, 11:49
^ a sneak peek of the proper one...

http://www.bounceaboutleisure.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/burger-2.jpg

Ha ha ha - followed closely by Henning's ice cream van!

EstWRC
25th January 2017, 14:02
M-Sport ‏@MSportLtd 31m31 minutes ago
More
Celebrating our fantastic victory at #RallyeMonteCarlo with the entire team! Can you spot any familiar faces? #WRC #Winners #FordPerformance

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3BTI47WEAAsLMK.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3BTRNyWgAA7sf-.jpg

https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/824250502410014721

Fast Eddie WRC
26th January 2017, 19:12
Local tv coverage of M-Sport return:

http://www.itv.com/news/border/update/2017-01-26/m-sport-return-home-after-rallye-monte-carlo-win/

Fast Eddie WRC
27th January 2017, 15:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3KMjISUcAQ1FFH.jpg:large

macebig
27th January 2017, 16:02
Haha,Mads looks so small in front of Prokop.

Franky
27th January 2017, 17:09
In every dimension.

KiwiWRCfan
16th February 2017, 11:33
In answer to a question of possible Ford WRC return Malcolm Wilson has told SpeedSport.com that “If anything does happen it’s not going to happen this year because they are fully committed to their GT program"
Full article dated Feb 10th, 2017 can be found here http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/10/wilson-ogier-reminds-carlos-sainz/

Simmi
16th February 2017, 12:22
In answer to a question of possible Ford WRC return Malcolm Wilson has told SpeedSport.com that “If anything does happen it’s not going to happen this year because they are fully committed to their GT program"
Full article dated Feb 10th, 2017 can be found here http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/10/wilson-ogier-reminds-carlos-sainz/

That same GT programme is confirmed through the 2019 season in both the WEC, Le Mans and IMSA in the States. So long-term Ford need to stump up the extra cash. In addition to everything else they are doing.

jparker
17th February 2017, 09:30
It's not going to happen not because of the GT program, but for very different reasons.
It will only happen if M-Sport gets both tittles, possibly two years in a row.
So no cash for Malcolm anytime soon.

EstWRC
17th February 2017, 09:31
and that makes you happy as hell

jparker
17th February 2017, 09:41
and that makes you happy as hell

You don't believe they can do it? Don't loose your faith in M-Sport. Even I'm getting second thoughts.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th February 2017, 11:32
M-Sport brand deal:

http://www.ltwmag.com/news/january_2017/global_icons_races_into_new_rally_deal.aspx?dm_i=G ST,4RUNQ,BB5I7G,HXXUV,1&utm_content=buffer2b386&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

danon
17th February 2017, 21:04
Happy Birthday Malcolm Wilson!

https://scontent-sof1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16711934_1348757025182677_1999720799013807527_n.jp g?oh=cc3f7488ff06ea3accfbdb3014b05378&oe=592C0E84

Fast Eddie WRC
25th February 2017, 21:01
New Mk8 Fiesta ST launched:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/97192/all-new-2018-ford-fiesta-st-unveiled-with-197bhp

http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2017/02/ford_2017_fiesta_st_05.jpg?itok=-1aMxyZ-

http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2017/02/ford_2017_fiesta_st_09.jpg?itok=GnWdhRa6

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2017/02/ford_2017_fiesta_st_10.jpg?itok=p0T8UqNx

This is what M-Sport have to start with to make the 2017 WRC !

itix
26th February 2017, 22:14
New Mk8 Fiesta ST launched:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/97192/all-new-2018-ford-fiesta-st-unveiled-with-197bhp

http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2017/02/ford_2017_fiesta_st_05.jpg?itok=-1aMxyZ-

http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2017/02/ford_2017_fiesta_st_09.jpg?itok=GnWdhRa6

http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2017/02/ford_2017_fiesta_st_10.jpg?itok=p0T8UqNx

This is what M-Sport have to start with to make the 2017 WRC !
They have already made the -17 car.

Maybe I misunderstood or maybe you meant the -18 car...

pantealex
27th February 2017, 08:56
They have already made the -17 car.

Maybe I misunderstood or maybe you meant the -18 car...

or maybe he meant R2/R5 ?

Simmi
27th February 2017, 10:44
They don't specifically need a Fiesta ST as a base car though right?

Fast Eddie WRC
27th February 2017, 16:15
They don't specifically need a Fiesta ST as a base car though right?

I wasnt being literal... I just meant this is what the road car looks like and how different it is to the WRC.

I used to think they just started with a basic 3-door shell, but then M-Sport did a video that said they took a road car and stripped it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbMk50awO0

pantealex
28th February 2017, 09:25
I wasnt being literal... I just meant this is what the road car looks like and how different it is to the WRC.

I used to think they just started with a basic 3-door shell, but then M-Sport did a video that said they took a road car and stripped it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbMk50awO0

New Fiesta was unveiled 3 months ago...
That the reason why many was asking about this.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th February 2017, 12:23
New Fiesta was unveiled 3 months ago...
That the reason why many was asking about this.

Of course, but we hadnt seen the road car.

You cant say anything on here without people misunderstanding or trying to argue...

Tarmop
28th February 2017, 13:31
Well, the road version was revealed in late November and the WRC version in December, so if we don`t count both of these cars covered in camouflage (many pictures and videos before), then actually...

pantealex
28th February 2017, 15:35
Of course, but we hadnt seen the road car.

You cant say anything on here without people misunderstanding or trying to argue...

I meant road car, unveiled in November.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th February 2017, 16:07
I meant road car, unveiled in November.

That was the 5-door...
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-ford-fiesta-officially-revealed-full-specs-and-gallery

This 3-door, especially in ST spec, is a better comparison.

Tarmop
28th February 2017, 16:51
That was the 5-door...
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-ford-fiesta-officially-revealed-full-specs-and-gallery

This 3-door, especially in ST spec, is a better comparison.

https://youtu.be/CDzi6zm7SHA?t=4125
Both in November.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st March 2017, 11:16
Anyone think they might make a Fiesta RS with the Mk8 ? Never happened with the old car despite years of rumours...

Tarmop
1st March 2017, 13:43
I doubt it, would be quite pointless since they have a 4wd hothatch Focus RS now, but who knows...it took 3 models before they released the 4wd version.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd March 2017, 11:36
Ford usually bring out their RS car near the end of the model run, so if the RS does happen for the Fiesta it probably wont be for a few years anyway...

Shame as the Fiesta is the one that has a Rallye Sport car in competition.

dimviii
3rd March 2017, 16:05
can somebody confirm if Bluefin company belongs to Malcolm?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5_HfX6WMAA515M.jpg

Gregor-y
3rd March 2017, 16:48
Bluefin was an AXA subsidiary recently sold off to Marsh as AXA decided to leave the UK market. If Malcolm's got a finger in Marsh it would be easy to understand how M-Sport stays open, but I can't find any connection with a brief search.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd March 2017, 16:52
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/NgdypZNfGJEuWo5TfnX_BdyAIKg/appointments

macebig
4th March 2017, 20:53
Is Malcolm Wilson Motorsport still active?I believe M-Sport superseeded them sometime after 97 or so.

yellowhat
8th March 2017, 01:18
can somebody confirm if Bluefin company belongs to Malcolm?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5_HfX6WMAA515M.jpg

I think M-sport have a number of different tenants at the Dovenby Hall Estate (another income stream, I assume).

yellowhat
8th March 2017, 01:21
Is Malcolm Wilson Motorsport still active?I believe M-Sport superseeded them sometime after 97 or so.

Companies House shows Malcolm Wilson Motorsport as dormant. As in, it still exists as a company but it's not trading.

Rally Power
8th March 2017, 13:12
I think M-sport have a number of different tenants at the Dovenby Hall Estate (another income stream, I assume).

Most likely. Other guess could be MSport working with Bluefin as a broker. Apparently they've have a motorsport insurance:
https://www.bluefingroup.co.uk/motorsport-insurance/

Simmi
9th March 2017, 20:16
Interesting quotes and insight from Ogier on the Fiesta. He's just searching for a bit more feeling - http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march-2017/ogier-upd/page/4351--12-12-.html

For me it puts into even starker contrast how costly those two crashes could be for Neuville. As once Seb gets comfortable in the car it could be game over.

Mirek
9th March 2017, 21:30
1500 km PET. That's what You call a serious commitment :eek: