PDA

View Full Version : M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22

Rallyest
8th September 2023, 10:49
It is behind a paywall, so i dont get to read the whole article and i dont know what the sources are, its Martinson so take it with a grain of salt, but he has been right some of the times.

https://sport.delfi.ee/artikkel/120230017/delfi-kreekas-tanak-soovin-ralli-mm-sarjas-jatkata-aga-kus-m-spordis-voi-hyundais

Vahetult enne Kreeka rallit sai siinkirjutaja allikalt sõnumi, mis ütles: „Hyundai oli valmis Rovanperäle maksma rekordilist palka, kuid ei saanud soomlast kätte. Nüüd jahitakse Ott Tänakut.“

which rougly translates to:
"Shortly before the Rally of Greece, this writer received a message from a source who said: “Hyundai was ready to pay Rovanperä a record salary, but could not get the Finn. Now Ott Tänaku is being hunted."

cali
8th September 2023, 10:57
It is behind a paywall, so i dont get to read the whole article and i dont know what the sources are, its Martinson so take it with a grain of salt, but he has been right some of the times.

https://sport.delfi.ee/artikkel/120230017/delfi-kreekas-tanak-soovin-ralli-mm-sarjas-jatkata-aga-kus-m-spordis-voi-hyundais

Vahetult enne Kreeka rallit sai siinkirjutaja allikalt sõnumi, mis ütles: „Hyundai oli valmis Rovanperäle maksma rekordilist palka, kuid ei saanud soomlast kätte. Nüüd jahitakse Ott Tänakut.“

which rougly translates to:
"Shortly before the Rally of Greece, this writer received a message from a source who said: “Hyundai was ready to pay Rovanperä a record salary, but could not get the Finn. Now Ott Tänaku is being hunted."I have the access to Delfi pay content but it's Martinson's writings so it's utterly irrelevant crap anyways that I haven't even bothered to take a look at it

Sent from my CPH2493 using Tapatalk

Rallyest
8th September 2023, 11:44
I have the access to Delfi pay content but it's Martinson's writings so it's utterly irrelevant crap anyways that I haven't even bothered to take a look at it

Sent from my CPH2493 using Tapatalk

I Agree, but after Estonia Finland and now Today, it doesnt sound so crazy anymore, Hyundai has changed alot: Abiteboul, FX. things are much more stable now compared to when Tänak left.

Tauri_J
8th September 2023, 11:51
Since Ogier dont want to do a full season its Hyundai or M-Sport for Ott

bandit12
8th September 2023, 12:24
Since Ogier dont want to do a full season its Hyundai or M-Sport for Ott
Or retirement. He has successfully managed to spit in every well so far.

Tauri_J
8th September 2023, 12:36
Or retirement. He has successfully managed to spit in every well so far.

Nope, he clearly said he’s driving full time next year

EstWRC
8th September 2023, 12:45
The burnt bridges and spit in the well is all made up by rally fans

rp
8th September 2023, 12:58
Both Loubet and Tänak water pump issues shows that there must be also some serious unprofessional job by M-Sport mechanics. Such a shame!

becher
8th September 2023, 13:09
Both Loubet and Tänak water pump issues shows that there must be also some serious unprofessional job by M-Sport mechanics. Such a shame!
Or design or supplier fault? Wasn't the first time this season wasn't it?

EstWRC
8th September 2023, 13:14
"Best car theyve ever built" -Wilson

"But but...., other teams have had some reliability issues toooooo" - Millener

An absolutely disgraceful two years for msport. Its a real shame for the wrc when we are already lacking cars. I could say more, but I dont want to upset Fast Eddie anymore

This aged quickly https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/millener-optimistic-for-the-rest-of-the-season/

Fast Eddie WRC
8th September 2023, 13:32
"Best car theyve ever built" -Wilson

"But but...., other teams have had some reliability issues toooooo" - Millener

An absolutely disgraceful two years for msport. Its a real shame for the wrc when we are already lacking cars. I could say more, but I dont want to upset Fast Eddie anymore

Criticism is fine and justified, but constantly calling a team tin-pot and unprofessional is not necessary. And especially seeming to delight in any opportunity to do so.

They aren't doing badly on purpose and you dont know the facts of the Team staffing and financial situation. Ditto with supplied components failing.

macebig
8th September 2023, 14:46
It was once again proven that the Puma definitely has pace. But, team has to absolutely get on top of the issues and make the car work all the time. Regardless of what Tanak does at the end of the year, M Sport's target for RMC 2024 should be a reliable car that can show its speed for a whole rally. The rest will come.

EstWRC
10th September 2023, 18:03
Tänak to Delfi

"You can't drive this car to victory. I'm pretty sure of that. The year has proven that. The lack of pace is obvious," Tänak said and also pointed out one positive piece. "It was the first rally where the suspension worked as it should. That was some progress. Everything else is still difficult."

TypeR
10th September 2023, 19:37
Even if it's all true and correct.. then why say it out loud..? It doesn't help anything.

flat_right
10th September 2023, 19:55
In a way it was a very good question from the interviewer: "Can you win with this car?" and he was plain honest there which is like he is. Hard honest truth.

denkimi
11th September 2023, 09:21
He won in sweden.

Eli
12th September 2023, 12:38
https://ralli.ee/pierre-louis-loubet...stal-ei-jatka/

Translated by Google Translator:

Pierre-Louis Loubet: "Ford will probably not continue next year!"

Once again, the season has reached the point where M-Sport has to find funding and new tricks for next year to continue the road to the World Rally Championship with the Ford Puma Rally1.

Ott Tänak's teammate Pierre-Louis Loubet, who has been with M-Sport for the second year, admitted to the French publication that the situation of Malcolm Wilson's team is critical at the moment. According to the Frenchman, we will no longer find the M-Sport team on next year's WRC calendar.

"There will be only two teams in the WRC next year. We showed good speed, but Ford has little chance to continue in the World Championship. The teams must inform the FIA ​​of their decision by the end of September at the latest, and then we will know more precisely. The promoter wants each team to add one car. Toyota already has four, and Hyundai could also put out a fourth in the best case scenario. Would I be in that scenario too? I don't know," said Loubet.

"Ford is now focusing on endurance rallying and has cut WRC funds. Ford has actually been the team's sponsor and partner all along, but he no longer invests as much as before," admitted the Corsican in an interview with a French newspaper.

Regarding that: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-has-no-intention-to-stop-wrc-rally1-programme/10519357/

EstWRC
12th September 2023, 12:51
Regarding that: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-has-no-intention-to-stop-wrc-rally1-programme/10519357/

"We will be doing whatever we can to try and find a way to stay in at the highest level," Wilson told Motorsport.com.

"We have a great team of people and we have still got a great car. We have had a dreadful year this year and I don't know why. I think everyone has these glitches.

:D

Rallyest
13th September 2023, 07:43
https://ralli.ee/ott-tanak-ja-martin-jarveoja-osalevad-oktoobri-keskel-toimuval-kohalikul-rallil/?fbclid=IwAR0rDHtdwdwXzTZ3mklAQXKfd6n8nCb4uHLFUko6 G8UVql0B2YIgVEVoOIA

Id say this could be a indication of Ott and Martin continuing in Ford, why waste time doing local rallies with nothing to catch this year in the championship, if you are going to drive another car next year.

translation:

"A few days ago it was announced that Teemu Suninen, who will be competing with a Hyundai Rally1 machine for the first time this year, will participate in the Austrian Autumn Rally in mid-October, but now the organizers have also announced the participation of Ott Tänak.

It is known that from this season, Rally1 teams have very limited test days, so competitors use local rallies for testing purposes."

EstWRC
13th September 2023, 09:29
Remains to be seen if they actually go there

He was also registered for the local Finnish round but withdraw in the summer

meh
13th September 2023, 09:31
Taking into account common history for M-Sport and Tänak, I think Tänak want's to help M-Sport to build good car or help the team to do well even if he is going to leave again.

wyler
13th September 2023, 11:55
Taking into account common history for M-Sport and Tänak, I think Tänak want's to help M-Sport to build good car or help the team to do well even if he is going to leave again.

and, he still have a contract, i don't think he can decide whatever he please...if m-sport decide to run a local rally, in some extent, tanak has to do it...

sinepikohv
18th September 2023, 07:16
Remains to be seen if they actually go there

He was also registered for the local Finnish round but withdraw in the summer

That was a bit different. After Estonia he didn't see where they could make meaningful improvements for Finland so it made sense for him to take a little break. Now he's going to a local rally before a new WRC event which will likely not only help with getting a better set up for CER but also have firsthand experience with the type roads that will come the week after.

Even though Puma can't be driven to the top step of the podium, the work must continue to make the car better.

Eli
19th September 2023, 08:01
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/rally1-cars-on-national-events-key-for-m-sports-future/

It sounds as if it's a make it or break it situation for M-Sport having sold only one Rally1 Puma since the start of last year.

Rallyper
19th September 2023, 09:37
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/rally1-cars-on-national-events-key-for-m-sports-future/

It sounds as if it's a make it or break it situation for M-Sport having sold only one Rally1 Puma since the start of last year.

Have Toyota or Huyndai sold any Rally1?

Jarek Z
19th September 2023, 10:10
Who needs a Rally1 car?!

Sal yet again
19th September 2023, 10:46
As much as I'd like to see Rally 1 cars more often I think that its an arms race race we dont need in National rallying certainly in the UK where there's enough hassle with R5+ and different restrictors etc. How much would a non-hybrid sell for anyway?

bomber21
19th September 2023, 11:21
Malcolm says it would be cheaper if they remove they hybrid unit.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th September 2023, 11:32
Have Toyota or Huyndai sold any Rally1?

No, but they never needed to to stay in WRC.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th September 2023, 11:35
As much as I'd like to see Rally 1 cars more often I think that its an arms race race we dont need in National rallying certainly in the UK where there's enough hassle with R5+ and different restrictors etc. How much would a non-hybrid sell for anyway?

I totally agree, classes are complicated enough already and costs need to be lower not even higher !

AndyRAC
19th September 2023, 12:28
As much as I'd like to see Rally 1 cars more often I think that its an arms race race we don't need in National rallying certainly in the UK where there's enough hassle with R5+ and different restrictors etc. How much would a non-hybrid sell for anyway?

Another wrong decision; Rally2/ R5 cars are enough for National events; another class for rich businessman is not needed. When are people in UK rallying going to wake up?

wyler
19th September 2023, 14:35
Another wrong decision; Rally2/ R5 cars are enough for National events; another class for rich businessman is not needed. When are people in UK rallying going to wake up?

is needed for business. a rally1 is worth like 5ish rally2... and it's easier to sell 5/10 rally1 without competition than 25/50 rally2 against skoda/toyota and the others...

AndyRAC
19th September 2023, 15:31
I don't give a toss about somebody's business.....the sport is far more important in the long term.

Jarek Z
19th September 2023, 19:54
the sport is far more important in the long term.

Yes. Let's not turn it into a farce!

Fast Eddie WRC
20th September 2023, 12:36
As I said in the Rally2 thread, It's been a double-whammy for M-Sport with having to spend on developing the Rally1 Puma (and then hardly selling any); and this also led to neglecting the Fiesta Rally2 and losing sales of that too.

dimviii
20th September 2023, 13:53
As I said in the Rally2 thread, It's been a double-whammy for M-Sport with having to spend on developing the Rally1 Puma (and then hardly selling any); and this also led to neglecting the Fiesta Rally2 and losing sales of that too.

skoda hasnt build/sell any wrc1 car.

Rallyper
20th September 2023, 13:57
No, but they never needed to to stay in WRC.

Of course. From that point of view. I see...

Fast Eddie WRC
20th September 2023, 14:15
skoda hasnt build/sell any wrc1 car.

1. Their Motorsport Dept are Manufacturer backed
2. They are able to give 100% to their Rally2

dimviii
20th September 2023, 14:44
1. Their Motorsport Dept are Manufacturer backed
is it profitable?

2. They are able to give 100% to their Rally2
M sport can do the same.

wyler
20th September 2023, 17:56
I don't give a toss about somebody's business.....the sport is far more important in the long term.

nice. but reality is sport = someone's business.

becher
20th September 2023, 20:51
is it profitable?

M sport can do the same.

I believe Skoda Motorsport is profitable. If i remember correctly that is (was?) a criteria from VAG for any customer motorsport program in their group.

PLuto
21st September 2023, 11:22

And as I wrote there, problem with Fiesta Rally2 came before Puma Rally1. Problem is lack of interest in Rally2 project, from beginning there were lot of mistakes and understimation the situation...

wyler
21st September 2023, 13:17
And as I wrote there, problem with Fiesta Rally2 came before Puma Rally1. Problem is lack of interest in Rally2 project, from beginning there were lot of mistakes and understimation the situation...

before puma yes, not before fiesta '17. we can round it as "top tier" from 2017 on, but it is undoubtful that from that time, m-sport focused on top tier (and maybe rally3) and left a bit behind the rally2 rebuild (fiesta mark II). may be a bad decision, may be not as bad as fiesta was already surpassed by skoda and they bet on rally3 (goodish results) and top tier (not so good result). talking business-wise, not sports-wise. selling some top tier car was always the best plan, not working that well till now.
i guess strategy now is to update the rally2 game for the next wave (toyota in the market will move skoda reign somehow) and keep rally3 going. ability to sell some top-tier car will be again the best scenario.
let's see what '25 reg brings to m-sport

Fast Eddie WRC
29th September 2023, 10:19
WRC changes are key to M-Sport continuing...

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/wrcs-future-changes-key-for-m-sport-moving-forward/10526493/

Fast Eddie WRC
1st October 2023, 16:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7XoGNfXgAAixt-?format=jpg&name=large

macebig
1st October 2023, 17:04
A much needed win and morale boost for the team. Hope it's a sign of things smoothing out from now on. Onwards and upwards. Let's hope Pierre Louis manages to scrap a good event now. He definitely needs it.

seb_sh
1st October 2023, 17:40
Hopefully the technical gremlins are in the past and the cars will be in the fight in the last two rallies. Congratulations!

Kras
3rd October 2023, 10:02
Theres a good chance this thread will be archived before the start of the next season

Andre Oliveira
4th October 2023, 10:08
Please Mr. Wilson hire Evans.

HKSjbg
4th October 2023, 10:11
https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/11am-bst-embargo-m-sport-likely-to-target-young-drivers-for-wrc-2024-after-tanak-exit/10528418/

It doesn’t look likely. Will probably be Loubet, Fourmaux, plus the usual irregular third car every now and then, probably with Munster on a few of those occasions.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th October 2023, 10:54
Tanak:

"This year has gone by so fast together with M-Sport Ford WRT.

I'm proud we have managed to win two rallies against such big manufacturers and we were able to be in the championship fight for the first part of the season.

"But this sport is tough and unfortunately we went down a few times too many, nevertheless all the people really tried hard to give us the best chances and I'm very grateful for them."

spyros
4th October 2023, 11:37
I feel sorry for MSport..

seb_sh
4th October 2023, 11:52
Please Mr. Wilson hire Evans.

Toyota won't let him go, rightly so.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/toyoda-labels-evans-driving-force-behind-latest-wrc-title/

EstWRC
4th October 2023, 11:58
I can’t see any reason why a top driver would want to go to Msport voluntarily

EstWRC
4th October 2023, 20:34
“I think he made his decision based on a number of things and obviously it would have taken a lot of time to make sure it is the right decision. But unfortunately, we were not able to make an alternative offer that was able to keep him with us.”

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-likely-to-target-young-drivers-for-wrc-2024-after-tanak-exit/10528418/

EstWRC
7th October 2023, 13:38
Chile roadbook

https://youtu.be/JD19D83Qd7g?si=e8lzPzqYwhHtmFV3

meh
7th October 2023, 18:15
Chile roadbook

https://youtu.be/JD19D83Qd7g?si=e8lzPzqYwhHtmFV3

This video is nice proof that WRC is just one big family. Everyone congratulate everyone for their achievement (like team-boss Millener when Tänak finished).

... but yes, de javu from 2019 when Tänak got title with announcement leaving the team, gives a bit bittersweet taste for all. Pragmatically it's all understandable, still feel a bit sorry for M-Sport.

CeskyOndra
7th October 2023, 20:24
This video is nice proof that WRC is just one big family. Everyone congratulate everyone for their achievement (like team-boss Millener when Tänak finished).

... but yes, de javu from 2019 when Tänak got title with announcement leaving the team, gives a bit bittersweet taste for all. Pragmatically it's all understandable, still feel a bit sorry for M-Sport.

Last 2 minutes of the video are quite sad, where Ott is saying thanks to the team :(

Sulland
4th November 2023, 06:39
I will be very disappointed if they start 24 with the two french drivers. In my book they have had their chance to grow into the tempo and endurance needed to be a winner.

wyler
4th November 2023, 08:40
I will be very disappointed if they start 24 with the two french drivers. In my book they have had their chance to grow into the tempo and endurance needed to be a winner.

alternatives?

Danny0405
4th November 2023, 09:12
Well, I would make a difference between Loubet and Fourmaux:

- Fourmaux deserves another shot IMO, he has proven this year that he can match with the best youngsters while not having the best car in RC2… I think another shot could show if he has improved under pressure

- Loubet, on the other hand, the fact that he failed is not really a surprise (let’s say the surprise is how big he failed)… he had already a lot of WRC experience as he began his career in WRC and had a lot of years in Rally1 machinery (even if not the best cars)… well, his potential was clearly limited anyway.

So I would say that M-Sport will probably take Fourmaux + whoever pays.
Well, in the end, when you take a close look at WRC2 season, nobody has really proven to be fuoriclassi between Greensmith, Rossel, Solberg, Lindholm, Gryazin, … so in the end, it’s understandable to say you take who pays as there is no outstanding potential beyond them (maybe Pajari but a bit too early).
And maybe they will try some outings for Loeb.

Well, there is the Mikkelsen’s case but we know where is the issue.

trykmann
4th November 2023, 11:27
I'm quite surpised by Munster in the last two events. Despite his lack of experience he showed some pace and did not make any stupid mistakses.

Danny0405
4th November 2023, 14:53
I'm quite surpised by Munster in the last two events. Despite his lack of experience he showed some pace and did not make any stupid mistakses.

Serderidis evoked in an interview a few days ago that he is looking some help for a part-time Rally1 program for Munster … with M-Sport or Hyundai.

Well, don’t believe in Hyundai all the more Abiteboul recently said they will focus on 3 cars apparently.
But he could be in the mix in M-Sport (even if I don’t really believe in his potential)… maybe sharing a 2nd car with someone else like Suninen/Fourmaux in 2021.

CeskyOndra
4th November 2023, 14:57
M-Sport will definitely be Fourmax/Loubet mainly. Change my mind

meh
4th November 2023, 20:13
I think we will see Fourmaux under pressure in Japan, he really need to avoid stupid mistakes to send the message "I'm worth a Rally1 seat for the next season". He need to deliver there (reaching to finish without his own mistakes).

EstWRC
5th November 2023, 18:48
CER road book

https://youtu.be/UvO6slyUfc0?si=MSJcJBsqw-V9Tx7Q

Fast Eddie WRC
6th November 2023, 16:03
Nice one Ford ! :D :D :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-RGKllXMAAJhf-?format=jpg&name=medium

er88
7th November 2023, 11:30
If Lappi is getting relegated to a part time season with Hyundai (I hope not for his sake), could Msport tempt him? Ofcourse he had a horrible time at msport a few years ago, but I dont see a better option for msport if they want to challenge for podiums + show pace.

Otherwise I think we will just get the two french drivers, and whoever pays (Munster on a few rallies). Hope to see Loeb do an event or two.

Fast Eddie WRC
8th November 2023, 17:42
Mikkelsen has reiterated on the recent WRC podcast that he wont pay to drive and has no budget anyway. Any possible Rally1 drive for him at M-Sport is purely up to Malcolm Wilson.

TypeR
8th November 2023, 17:50
Mikkelsen has reiterated on the recent WRC podcast that he wont pay to drive and has no budget anyway. Any possible Rally1 drive for him at M-Sport is purely up to Malcolm Wilson.
Then enjoy driving Skoda rally2 :D
I would think that during 2022-23 seasons, he should have driven the big car at least once.. to show what he is capable of.
if Huttunen could get a budget for one rally(car had problems tho).. then Mikkelsen would also be able to get it.
It is just the attitude(I think).
Maybe he just waits for Toyota or Hyundai to offer him 5mil/year contract :D

skarderud
8th November 2023, 19:09
Mikkelsen dont wan't to pay. He is at a really good place at Škoda motorsport, a relationship lasting from 2011.
He is of course interested to drive Rally1, but not paying for it. But he needs to have a car that actually turn in in the corners, not to use the handbrake in 6th corners...

Quite interesting that in an intervju in a Norwegian rally-podcast the swedish rallyexpert and wrc-commentator Jonas Kruse don't understand why Mikkelsen don't get a chance to drive one of them, if a team needs a fast and realible second driver like Sordo, he should be first choice.
Hyundai was close last year, but what on earth happend there?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk

WRCStan
8th November 2023, 19:10
I would think that during 2022-23 seasons, he should have driven the big car at least once.. to show what he is capable of.
if Huttunen could get a budget for one rally(car had problems tho).. then Mikkelsen would also be able to get it.

Just tasteless.

TypeR
8th November 2023, 19:15
Just tasteless.
Less salt is healthier.

meh
9th November 2023, 06:07

I think he knows well his opportunities and possibilities. Did Huttunen achieved anything extra with this (attempt) to drive? It's all about money/resources you have or are available for you. If Mikkelsen (or whoever else) should have hills of money available for them, for sure they could drive Rally1 car.

I don't know the reason, why teams are not (publicly) interested to hire Mikkelsen. First, he did not show clear pure-speed talent. Additionally, maybe it's from Hyundai times "I'm still learning the car", maybe he puts the blame on others (rightfully or not), whatever it is - as a rally-fan and spectators, I could welcome any extra driver with Rally1 car, but this is a way bigger and philosophical topic, why there are only few seats available.

To conclude that - he really can enjoy driving Skoda Rally2 and take challenges there. Nothing bad with that.

EstWRC
9th November 2023, 11:43
im with TypeR in the sense that he should pay and make 1-2 outings in rally1 car to show himself, has hasnt driven this generation car at all.

i would really like to see him in rally1 class, especially after Munsters outings in rally1 car who was average or even below average in rally2 class.

But his tactics just to sit and wait if someone offers a seat is a puzzle to me. sometimes you have to take two steps back to go forward.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th November 2023, 12:34
On the podcast he basically said he thought he'd proven his speed and consistency enough in Rally2 machinery, winning numerous rallies and WRC2 & ERC titles, and that should be enough. He also implied that there was no sponsorship funding for a Rally1 drive available to him, maybe not even for a single rally.

denkimi
9th November 2023, 14:55
Didn't mikkelsen tried suing Hyundai at one point?

seb_sh
9th November 2023, 15:53
I think Mikkelsen is the biggest loser from VW retiring before 2017. He was on an ascending path and while I doubt the end of that ascension is at a championship challenger level he maybe could have be a regular podium contender, maybe occasional winner, something like Evans maybe. He had 3 podiums in 2019 with Hyundai but after that he was probably the loser because of WRC having few top level seats. And last year unfortunately for him he had to compete for those few seats with a lot of more appealing drivers and it's hard to make a case of who should be dropped. Hyundai won't take him over Neuville, and they preferred Lappi I think because of his Toyota knowledge, maybe for the 3rd car but they probably considered that a shared car would take more advantage of road position, plus the Sordo/Breen combination worked well in the past. Then at Toyota surely you don't take him over Rovanpera, Evans or Ogier and Katsuta is there for other reasons so his place is not really on the market. Finally MSport I'm not sure how many cars they can field of their own budget, feels like 1 or 1 and half, and they got Tanak. Now if MSport had budget for 3 cars you would think Mikkelsen would find a place somehow, either at MSport or to replace someone that MSport managed to get from the other teams. So I think either he gets money to buy a seat or WRC gets healthyer, I don't think it's a lack of him being seen but rather a lack of place for him because of slightly better options on the market for the very few "real" seats available.

WRCStan
9th November 2023, 16:24
How many of you pay multi-national brands in billion-dollar industries to work for them? I just don't understand why anyone thinks he has an attitude problem.

WRCStan
9th November 2023, 16:29
Finally MSport I'm not sure how many cars they can field of their own budget, feels like 1 or 1 and half

They are not a charity.

becher
9th November 2023, 18:55
Well Mikkelsen gets payed at Skoda I guess.
So he is maybe just realistic and knows that the ship of fighting for the championship and rally wins has sailed and it's just about making a living as a rally driver. After all rallying is a sport with a very narrow top, very few manage to get paid doing it.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th November 2023, 09:50

They are not a charity.

They will pay but only for regular rally winners / Championship contenders. Sadly Breen showed it wasn't worth paying for potential.

Mikkelsen isnt proven in a Rally1 car and I dont see him fighting for rally wins, let alone a Championship. He would have to bring big sponsors to get a drive.

Sulland
10th November 2023, 11:19
https://www.rallyfish.co.uk/news/m-sport-could-offer-solberg-rally1-return

Is Rallyfish reliable, never heard of them before?

skarderud
10th November 2023, 11:42
They will pay but only for regular rally winners / Championship contenders. Sadly Breen showed it wasn't worth paying for potential.

Mikkelsen isnt proven in a Rally1 car and I dont see him fighting for rally wins, let alone a Championship. He would have to bring big sponsors to get a drive.I don't understand this "he haven't drive the Rally1 car" talk? Its not a F35 fighter plane...

Eighter you can drive a rally car, or you can not.

Mikkelsen is a proven winner, but he has been out of topclass a while.
The Hyundai was shit for him, and The Goat. He was close to win in the "shitröen" to.
Multiple wrc2 winner, lots of experience in lots of cars, he can win in the right car.
Not the WDC probably, but definitive rallies.

WRCStan
10th November 2023, 15:59
They will pay

I'm not convinced they ever have, even with Breen, but we're both unlikely to get provable answers on this.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th November 2023, 12:58
I don't understand this "he haven't drive the Rally1 car" talk? Its not a F35 fighter plane...

Eighter you can drive a rally car, or you can not.

Mikkelsen is a proven winner, but he has been out of topclass a while.
The Hyundai was shit for him, and The Goat. He was close to win in the "shitröen" to.
Multiple wrc2 winner, lots of experience in lots of cars, he can win in the right car.
Not the WDC probably, but definitive rallies.

The elite WRC drivers are at such a level in the Rally1 cars that I dont see anyone just coming in being able to match or beat them. Even Elfyn Evans with full experience struggled to adapt to the Yaris Rally1. And Tanak wasn't happy in either the i20 or the Puma and only his genius got wins in them.

M-Sport will only pay for the elite now or just maybe a young guy with massive potential, like Oliver Solberg.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th November 2023, 13:03
I'm not convinced they ever have, even with Breen, but we're both unlikely to get provable answers on this.

Well they definitely paid Ogier, and this year, Tanak.

Breen had a "two-year deal" so that sounds like he was paid, even if just a retainer and M-Sport funded everything else.

WRCStan
11th November 2023, 17:31
Well they definitely paid Ogier, and this year, Tanak.

Breen had a "two-year deal" so that sounds like he was paid, even if just a retainer and M-Sport funded everything else.

I agree all three of these got paid and had deals, and Lappi too, I just don't agree to M-Sport's cost, or that they are funding anything.

Perhaps can see this as an accounting detail, but the context here is I don't think the conversation that M-Sport might find budget to fight for wins and titles is a reflection of reality if the costs of enough (2) junior/novice drivers are being covered.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th November 2023, 10:50
I agree all three of these got paid and had deals, and Lappi too, I just don't agree to M-Sport's cost, or that they are funding anything.

Perhaps can see this as an accounting detail, but the context here is I don't think the conversation that M-Sport might find budget to fight for wins and titles is a reflection of reality if the costs of enough (2) junior/novice drivers are being covered.

It was widely-believed that M.Wilson paid Ogier out of his own (MSport) money as it was too much to get from sponsors alone. The same is probably true of Tanak. He (they) were willing to do this as they were Champions and would bring Titles or at least rally wins, which was great for the company.

Young drivers gain more from their Rally1 drives than they give back, hence they need to bring funding. The figures I've heard to run a Rally1 car run into £millions and someone has to pay it.

EstWRC
13th November 2023, 13:03
M-Sport team principal Richard Millener is confident that a young driver line-up it is planning for next year can be competitive in the World Rally Championship.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-young-wrc-driver-line-up-can-be-competitive-in-2024/10546030/

seb_sh
13th November 2023, 13:49
M-Sport team principal Richard Millener is confident that a young driver line-up it is planning for next year can be competitive in the World Rally Championship.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-young-wrc-driver-line-up-can-be-competitive-in-2024/10546030/

:D

Fast Eddie WRC
13th November 2023, 13:54
As expected, it doesn't sound like Oliver Solberg's Monster backing is compatible with M-Sport's existing Red Bull deal.

Managarium
13th November 2023, 14:29
As expected, it doesn't sound like Oliver Solberg's Monster backing is compatible with M-Sport's existing Red Bull deal.

Wasn't Rovanpera also sponsored by Monster, then he turned to Red Bull?
Fourmaux has only Red Bull logo on helmet, not on his car anymore. Could be this last season of his partnership with Red Bull?
Loubet also. When his Red Bull contract expires? Is it only one year deal? Would Red Bull backup a driver that is only good for crashing car?

WRCStan
14th November 2023, 16:56
It was widely-believed that M.Wilson paid Ogier out of his own (MSport) money as it was too much to get from sponsors alone.

Possibly, but I believe Ogier had a VW contract which they either paid out or were involved in this. If he wanted another payday from Red Bull he would need to keep active, and they might also have been involved in this. Toyota and Hyundai were lined up, the only other option was Citroen who had a star driver and a title sponsor. M-Sport had two never-wons and no Ford.

More likely they earned from Tanak in 2023 than they paid him.

Kenneth
15th November 2023, 09:52
Wasn't Rovanpera also sponsored by Monster, then he turned to Red Bull?
Fourmaux has only Red Bull logo on helmet, not on his car anymore. Could be this last season of his partnership with Red Bull?
Loubet also. When his Red Bull contract expires? Is it only one year deal? Would Red Bull backup a driver that is only good for crashing car?

I think you have to differentiate between Red Bull athlete and Red Bull sponsored car. Red Bull athletes have RB only on their helmet, while Red Bull also sponsors M-Sport's Rally1 program, so their full time drivers have RB logo on the car. I would bet that in Japan, Fourmaux will have RB on the car again.

Managarium
15th November 2023, 13:43
Thank you for clarification.
I've always wandered why Toyota doesn't have Red Bull logo, while all Toyota drivers have Red Bull helmets.

Anyway... I think that M-Sport Red Bull sponsorship is over. Red Bull is always associated with successful athletes and teams in any sport. In WRC they were with Citroen and VW at their peek.
M-Sport had potentially good drivers in 2022 and world class driver this year.
I don't think that Red Bull wants to be associated with crashes and technical misery.

WRCStan
15th November 2023, 21:31
Thank you for clarification.
I've always wandered why Toyota doesn't have Red Bull logo, while all Toyota drivers have Red Bull helmets.

Anyway... I think that M-Sport Red Bull sponsorship is over. Red Bull is always associated with successful athletes and teams in any sport. In WRC they were with Citroen and VW at their peek.
I don't think that Red Bull wants to be associated with crashes and technical misery.

Difference here is Red Bull is aligned to the success of the series, not just one team's success. If they walk away from M-Sport it must mean they found another third team or M-Sport found a backer. Doesn't appear that these people exist.

EstWRC
16th November 2023, 04:04
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231116/c6469e346c583972019273c4b925e16e.jpg

the sniper
16th November 2023, 23:36

I think you're overlooking that Red Bull are the Promoter of WRC, so should have a vested interest in ensuring that M-Sport are a somewhat serious third team/manufacturer. If they're going to channel money their way as Promoter, it makes sense to have them in their colours. Plus, look how many guys are on Red Bull pocket money deals, it isn't just the Sebastiens of the rally world...

EstWRC
17th November 2023, 05:28
Horrible season.

I think the puma is the worst car they have built regarding reliability, only one joker used during the season for bigger update and nothing more

And the sad thing is that the next season promises to be even more worse with their lineup

trykmann
17th November 2023, 06:01
Horrible season.

I think the puma is the worst car they have built regarding reliability, only one joker used during the season for bigger update and nothing more

And the sad thing is that the next season promises to be even more worse with their lineup

There is a lot of talk about young drivers having a possibility in M-sport to drive a Rally1 car. I am not sure if this is even a good decision regarding their career. It is difficult to estimate their speed, if they are given an underdeveloped car and don't have enough amount of testing before the events. In these situations the times are not coming, they are being pushed over their limits and accidents start to happen.

Compare Breen in the Puma to this years Sweden - a completely different driver. For example if next year would Mikkelsen drive the Puma, he would probably be worse than Tänak this year. Then there would be an ongoing discussion how he is not worthy a Rally1, he is slow and there are better drivers out there.

seb_sh
17th November 2023, 11:34
There is a lot of talk about young drivers having a possibility in M-sport to drive a Rally1 car. I am not sure if this is even a good decision regarding their career. It is difficult to estimate their speed, if they are given an underdeveloped car and don't have enough amount of testing before the events. In these situations the times are not coming, they are being pushed over their limits and accidents start to happen.

Compare Breen in the Puma to this years Sweden - a completely different driver. For example if next year would Mikkelsen drive the Puma, he would probably be worse than Tänak this year. Then there would be an ongoing discussion how he is not worthy a Rally1, he is slow and there are better drivers out there.

If I had money to buy a rally1 drive I would take the spare Toyota when it's available.

Danny0405
17th November 2023, 14:58
If I had money to buy a rally1 drive I would take the spare Toyota when it's available.

I think things are not that simple.
Indeed, except a very few professional drivers paid for it, all drivers are bringing money to run, either personal or through a sponsorship; the question is more about how much money do you have so it defines what you can do.

For Toyota, it’s only customer-stuff car so if you want to have the car, you have to pay all the costs (and probably even a bit of extra); else Toyota don’t run the car.
For M-Sport, at least the first two cars, it’s different; M-Sport will run 2 cars anyway because they want to keep their status of manufacturer… but they ask drivers to bring also some money (or through sponsorship) to contribute to the budget of running the team but not paying all the costs.

To sum up, for a young driver, if you want to drive a Toyota, you have to pay all the costs + an extra.
If you want to drive one of the 2 M-Sport manufacturer cars, you may only pay 50% of the costs of running the car (M-Sport managing the rest).

Well, in the end, it means having a M-Sport car is probably 2 or 3 times cheaper than having a Toyota… well, it’s a big difference of budget needed, all the more than M-Sport young drivers are not biggest talent in general (Greensmith, Fourmaux, Loubet, Munster, …) … and in addition to that, when it comes to Toyota, you can’t totally decide what’s you program as it’s up to Ogier and teams decisions mainly. in the end, Ogier only miss 5 rallies this season so it’s perfectly understandable that the car was poorly rented; I think the only guy who could have an interest and the sponsorship needed to rent it is Solberg (as Ogier is not there for snow and fast gravel rallies).

rp
17th November 2023, 15:36
If Fourmaux and Loubet are two main drivers next year even reaching the top ten and finish the event will be hard to achieve. Only hope to get some results that Mikkelsen is there.

CeskyOndra
17th November 2023, 16:09
Mikkelsen will DEFINITELY stay with Škoda.

Fast Eddie WRC
18th November 2023, 14:03
Horrible season.

The problem is the 'bottom line' ie. money.

M-Sport just hasn't got it as a part-factory team and cant compete with the multiple €millions the huge corporations of Toyota and Hyundai can throw at their WRC cars & teams.

They were juuuust able to hang in there with the WRC car, but the Rally1 era has exacerbated the problem massively with all the complications of hybrid. Their future at this level of the sport looks more bleak than I can ever remember. :(

skarderud
18th November 2023, 16:36
It is a problem with 2,5 manu's in the WRC, i see 2 scenarios

1: keep todays, hopefully 1 more attend, but probably not, the WRC serms not that healty.

2: Run Rally2's as topclass, the manu's (probably) leave, less money, less spectacle.
But, we can get rid of the manu-rule to build cars, some serious private tuners will build and run cars, some of them on behalf of manu's, others with some support of importers.
The WRC will probably run more like ERC, more european-based championship, but it will be more interesting sporting-wise.

We will probably loose the WRC+/RallyTV, or will RB be involved without the manu's involvment?
I think so, they sponsor much smaller and less interesting sports than rally with live broadcasts:)

I don't know, but i'm not shure it is total darkness if the manu's leave.
Maybe the cars has to be a C-segment based set of rules instead of the B-segment(yaris/skoda) they use today?

And i don't think Hyundai and Toyota just leave, maybe downscaling a bit, but i don't think todays WRC is good for marketing anyway.

EstWRC
18th November 2023, 18:30
I just can’t believe what you have written point two onwards

skarderud
18th November 2023, 18:55
I just can’t believe what you have written point two onwardsGood for you.

becher
18th November 2023, 19:44
The problem is the 'bottom line' ie. money.

M-Sport just hasn't got it as a part-factory team and cant compete with the multiple €millions the huge corporations of Toyota and Hyundai can throw at their WRC cars & teams.

They were juuuust able to hang in there with the WRC car, but the Rally1 era has exacerbated the problem massively with all the complications of hybrid. Their future at this level of the sport looks more bleak than I can ever remember. :(

The world car was much more complicated than the Rally1 with a no frills spec motor generator unit. It's a box that the teams install and programmed a few maps for it.

Humber
19th November 2023, 07:59
The EV Puma is coming in 2024.
Will Ford give some support to a fully electric rally class or Rally2 - electric hybrid (sub-class)(with BTCC type units) in the future? (Something that Citroen might be interested in doing too)

BTCC YouTube (The BTCC unit inputs the front gearbox)
Welcome to the BTCC Hybrid Era ⚡️

M-Sport Ltd YouTube
WRC HYBRID �� EXPLAINED | Puma ��*⬛ Hybrid Rally1 Powertrain ⚙️ Explained | #MSPORTERS

Fast Eddie WRC
20th November 2023, 17:01
The world car was much more complicated than the Rally1 with a no frills spec motor generator unit. It's a box that the teams install and programmed a few maps for it.

But the Puma has been so unreliable and many times it's the hybrid that's been the problem. Maybe not the unit itself but the install or operation.

And the costs have gone up to plus there was the development and testing.

Andre Oliveira
21st November 2023, 06:55
Can we see a part time program to Loeb too?

macebig
21st November 2023, 08:28
Loeb is a factory Renault Alliance driver now. It's very little chance they allow him to drive an opposing brand's car.

WRCStan
21st November 2023, 16:10
Loeb is a factory Renault Alliance driver now. It's very little chance they allow him to drive an opposing brand's car.

That one-off Dakar is a Prodrive job; not a budget, non-performance, city car brand famous for having no frills like motorsport. Loeb plays for pay, whoever is paying. Seen him drive across many brands in recent years.

Sulland
21st November 2023, 18:52

Loeb in a Clio Rally3 in a couple of rallies would be perfect!

TypeR
21st November 2023, 19:06
Loeb in a Clio Rally3 in a couple of rallies would be perfect!
He will drive Dakar with Dacia(Renault-owned) in 2025.. so everything correct.
I can't see Loeb doing some rounds with Puma being useful anymore..

macebig
21st November 2023, 19:27
Renault is bringing back the RS01 for Loeb to compete in GT3 events,so I would think his deal is pretty tight. Maybe if RB sees interest in WRC diminish they will intervene and work something out. But, that's a pipedream atm.

TypeR
30th November 2023, 15:24
https://www.upload.ee/image/16001715/Screenshot_20231130_184458_Dolphin.jpg

Will we see some testing videos soon for next year?

EstWRC
30th November 2023, 15:43
No idea and I’m waiting since Japan that dirtfish would write something already about the teams preseason plans

According to some guys on twitter Neuville was testing in south France last weekend

EstWRC
30th November 2023, 16:42
last road book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlYHFSdy8fg

Fast Eddie WRC
1st December 2023, 15:51
Tanak: “I definitely tried very hard from my side to drive them forward,”

“Beginning of the year was still quite hopeful. Then somehow we lost the track and there was not much happening. But yeah, I really hope that they get back on the track and back where they belong.

“I hope he [Malcolm Wilson] finds somebody a bit more consistent than I’ve been!” Tänak added. “Because I’ve been quite a tough product in the beginning I guess.

“But I believe they’ll hopefully have some other guys coming.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/tanak-hopes-m-sport-gets-back-to-where-it-belongs/

TypeR
1st December 2023, 16:45
I don't understand the ,,I hope he [Malcolm Wilson] finds somebody a bit more consistent than I’ve been!” part from Tanak..

doubled1978
1st December 2023, 16:52
I don't understand the ,,I hope he [Malcolm Wilson] finds somebody a bit more consistent than I’ve been!” part from Tanak..

I think he is talking in general that they are heading back down the young driver route again and that he, Tanak was a bit inconsistent for a number of years before he came good and he hopes they find a young guy that is more consistent.That’s how I read it anyway

TypeR
1st December 2023, 17:12
That way it makes sense yes.

EstWRC
22nd December 2023, 07:43
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231222/b07cdb2136a0fdac2137873935c8954c.jpg

https://dirtfish.com/rally/m-sport-unveils-its-2024-wrc-driver-line-up/

RS
22nd December 2023, 07:52
It seems as if Skoda may end up with a better driver lineup than this..

Nothing against Formaux-Munster but they would have made good 2nd and 3rd drivers with someone a bit more experienced in the No1. car, even someone cheap like Suninen or Mikkelsen.

But at least M-Sport stay in the game..

Lindholm WRC2 plus selected 3rd car Rally1 outings?

Jarek Z
22nd December 2023, 08:28
Is it the worst Ford line-up ever?

TypeR
22nd December 2023, 08:46
Santa Serderidis :D

Hopefully they both do good season.

Danny0405
22nd December 2023, 12:11
It seems as if Skoda may end up with a better driver lineup than this..

Nothing against Formaux-Munster but they would have made good 2nd and 3rd drivers with someone a bit more experienced in the No1. car, even someone cheap like Suninen or Mikkelsen.

But at least M-Sport stay in the game..

Lindholm WRC2 plus selected 3rd car Rally1 outings?

Would be a good deal for Lindholm; the Rally2 car has improved a lot last year and it would give him some Rally1 experience against affordable drivers in the same car.
Most logical may be the fast gravel period in Rally1 (Poland-Latvia-Finland) and a Sweden-Croatia-Portugal-Sardinia-Greece-Chile-Europa calendar in Rally2. Would be also a better stuff than what Huttunen did some years ago (only one outing is not very relevant in my opinion).

Fourmaux-Munster… let’s see but not really convinced about Munster potential except maybe for the 4 gravel events.
They will have to rely on Fourmaux’ speed and the lack of drivers in other teams to do some podiums.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd December 2023, 12:33
Is it the worst Ford line-up ever?

Sadly very possibly. :(

And its appropriate you say Ford, as it's mainly thanks to their lack of full-factory team investment that better drivers aren't affordable.

Danny0405
22nd December 2023, 12:59
To be precise, it’s the first time since Ford left M-Sport that M-Sport has a line-up without a driver having already made a podium in career.
And even the 1st time for Ford if we include since 1986 even if there were close sometimes (2003, 2005, 2015, 2021).

But I think a lot will depend on their bet on Fourmaux; if Fourmaux succeeds in adding consistency to his speed, I think he can do a couple of podiums and M-Sport having a season like 2015 or 2019 (and avoid a new 2021 season).
And it could work, it’s not totally a dumb bet considering what he has shown last year and the limited number of competitors in other teams.

I’m much more skeptical about Munster, a bit like Loubet, for other reasons. Maybe on the 4 tarmac events he could do something reasonable (4th position with some speed) but on gravel… (except the other retiring)

Jarek Z
22nd December 2023, 20:02
Spot-on:
https://scontent.fktw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/413892969_945843430275071_8336096169202380736_n.jp g?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dd5e9f&_nc_ohc=3yU5N2MTC7MAX9kdBSK&_nc_ht=scontent.fktw1-1.fna&oh=00_AfAmA6BlsydMdPVV4bnnL6UiVp_2ky0_vygiGs8UaEnm zg&oe=658A4189

AndyRAC
22nd December 2023, 20:41
Look at Ford's Mustang GT3 line up of drivers......Ford have got the cheque book out for them. They do have money for motorsport - just not for their WRC effort.....

HKSjbg
22nd December 2023, 21:04
Look at Ford's Mustang GT3 line up of drivers......Ford have got the cheque book out for them. They do have money for motorsport - just not for their WRC effort.....

Despite insisting that the WRC only has value for them with the hybrid car… Yet it’s still not enough to provide M-Sport with the proper resources needed to compete with Hyundai and Toyota :rolleyes:

TypeR
23rd December 2023, 04:14
I wouldn't only blame Ford for that.. Finally it's M-Sport who prepares the cars.
They got Tanak for this year and still couldn't up their game.
So many recurring errors and issues that shouldn't be on there. I don't even talk about any updates about the car.. no point for updates if the car doesn't work anyway.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th December 2023, 09:52
Unreliability aside, the car itself can be fast and I believe most of the issues were to do with it not suiting Tanak's driving style.

And solving any issues and development does cost money which their budget just isnt there to allow. And remember that a big chunk went on paying Tanak in the first place.

Not only have M-Sport not got the factory-backing cash like Toyoya & Hyundai, they have lost a lot of sales with/since Covid and the unsuitablilty of the Rally1 car for private drivers.

Fighting with one arm tied behind your back is tough. We should be glad they havent just quit WRC by now.

HKSjbg
26th December 2023, 10:32
I wouldn't only blame Ford for that.. Finally it's M-Sport who prepares the cars.
They got Tanak for this year and still couldn't up their game.
So many recurring errors and issues that shouldn't be on there. I don't even talk about any updates about the car.. no point for updates if the car doesn't work anyway.

Where does the development budget come from if M-Sport doesn’t have 100% manufacturer backing from Ford? This is clearly nothing like the days between 1997-2012 when it was a full factory team.

M-Sport haven’t become incompetent all of a sudden, they don’t have the same resources of Hyundai and Toyota. If in the old days M-Sport produced a duff car or got caught behind on development you could blame them for dropping the ball, but in the current situation it’s nonsense to expect anything better than the 3rd best car each year.

dimviii
27th December 2023, 10:26
Ford M-Sport entered the "target" of a major investor – Information leaked but signatures did not fall

The day after the statements, the English media published that a strategic investor, with Greek roots, is entering M-Sport, aiming for a very high percentage of the company. Nothing official yet. However, as the saying goes "where there's smoke there's fire" something is up and we'll find out shortly before the first WRC race in Monte Carlo.

https://www.zougla.gr/automoto/racing/i-ford-m-sport-bike-sto-stochastro-megalou-ependyti-oi-plirofories-dierrefsan-alla-oi-ypografes-den-epesan/

bomber21
27th December 2023, 10:27
What??? Greek??

bomber21
27th December 2023, 10:37
The article says that British media wrote about M-Sport’s new investor but I cannot a single British article about this.

wyler
27th December 2023, 10:49
What??? Greek??

greek roots = Serderidis?

dimviii
27th December 2023, 11:01
The article says that British media wrote about M-Sport’s new investor but I cannot a single British article about this.

thats why i posted here,maybe some mates from UK have read something about that,to confirm it.

WRCStan
27th December 2023, 14:17
I've not seen anything and tried to search and still found nothing.

macebig
27th December 2023, 15:14
The chances of Zougla of all places having an exclusive about investments on M-Sport are below zero.Just ignore it.

bomber21
27th December 2023, 19:46
Yes but normally Zougla do not even know what M-Sport is, this is why it is really weird they published this article.

the sniper
27th December 2023, 23:56

Maybe this comment on this thread was considered "the English media"...? :D

Santa Serderidis :D

Fast Eddie WRC
28th December 2023, 13:31
greek roots = Serderidis?

If there was any truth at all in this story then it would have to be Serderidis, with his love of rallying, purchase of a Puma & support of Munster. Maybe the latter could've also brought about a more general investment in M-Sport.

Steve Boyd
28th December 2023, 23:34
The UK companies that Malcolm Wilson is involved in are listed here:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/NgdypZNfGJEuWo5TfnX_BdyAIKg/appointments

Serderidis does not appear in the UK Companies House listings, so if he is involved it's either with a foreign company or with no directorial control.

TypeR
12th January 2024, 09:17
Oh boy.. M-Sport doesn't stop to surprise with their liveries..
Looks awesome to me!
https://www.wrc.com/a/news/w27211
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDou7xXXcAAyBIJ?format=jpg&name=small

EstWRC
12th January 2024, 09:23
Nice indeed. Shame it isn’t in tarmac trim

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240112/7220df0e52a288976ec96dd901b42ac8.jpg

https://x.com/autosport/status/1745756457197289690?s=46&t=AWria8OgC1kV5QC61vX5Xg

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2024, 09:44
Really nice :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDovd7bWgAAxgLR?format=jpg&name=medium

seb_sh
12th January 2024, 10:02
Looking good!

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2024, 10:20
Only one small Fleetback logo on the rear. Obviously Serderidis hasn't become a major investor...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDo3vPEWIAAB-lB?format=jpg&name=large

er88
12th January 2024, 10:20
At least Msport can get the livery looking good.

EstWRC
12th January 2024, 10:32
Love this shot

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240112/bd80da80c22b188bf1caf08fc9c7ede3.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2024, 10:41
Inspired by the 80s cars...
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-sports-reveals-2024-wrc-livery/

fiscorpun
12th January 2024, 12:20
OH thats really beautiful! I just dont get why RedBull sponsor that guy haha
But ahh what a lovely car! Go Msport

240RS
12th January 2024, 12:24
The space taken up by Red Bull-logos appears considerable given the lack of a top name. It may mean nothing, but the implicit signal is that they are committed to M-Sport, which would bode well should an established driver (hint: Loeb) be available for the odd event or two.

Managarium
12th January 2024, 13:08
I gotta admit that I'm supriesed that Red Bull is still sponsor.

rallyfiend
12th January 2024, 13:35
Ford and Red Bull are joined at the hip these days....

I imagine the 'full factory' effort at Dakar next year will have Red Bull all over it too.

the sniper
12th January 2024, 14:29
OH thats really beautiful! I just dont get why RedBull sponsor that guy haha
But ahh what a lovely car! Go Msport

They don't really. I think we should see it as a subsidy for the team from the Promoter, alongside the Ford connection. It's sensible, though I'd like to think they could have provided enough to pay for another of 'their' drivers to go there, like Mikkelsen.

seb_sh
12th January 2024, 15:21
They don't really. I think we should see it as a subsidy for the team from the Promoter, alongside the Ford connection. It's sensible, though I'd like to think they could have provided enough to pay for another of 'their' drivers to go there, like Mikkelsen.

They offered Mikkelsen a full time drive but he chose Hyundai there are articles and interviews online about it.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2024, 17:10
Fourmaux got the BRC winners trophy at the Autosport Show. Part of the reason for him getting the drive back in the WRC 2024.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDqE_yVXsAAJEcX?format=jpg&name=large

the sniper
12th January 2024, 17:22
They offered Mikkelsen a full time drive but he chose Hyundai there are articles and interviews online about it.

Was that just an offer of a full time drive or were they going to pay him the going rate of a Driver too? I thought Andreas was keen to be paid the market rate to do his job, which no doubt Hyundai are going to do.

HKSjbg
12th January 2024, 17:27
Fourmaux got the BRC winners trophy at the Autosport Show. Part of the reason for him getting the drive back in the WRC 2024.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDqE_yVXsAAJEcX?format=jpg&name=large

Unless there’s a big upturn in registrations this year, I hope M-Sport field another driver in the BRC to ‘do a Fourmaux’. Despite his all-conquering performances last year it did at least bring some much needed gravitas to an otherwise poor championship. Unfortunately all the drivers they have on their books now are the two Rally1 drivers!

seb_sh
12th January 2024, 17:31
Was that just an offer of a full time drive or were they going to pay him the going rate of a Driver too? I thought Andreas was keen to be paid the market rate to do his job, which no doubt Hyundai are going to do.

don't know, here is what the man said, you can form your own opinion: https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/mikkelsen-why-chose-hyundai-over-msport-wrc-2024-comeback/10562108/

macebig
12th January 2024, 18:33
Hope Fourmaux can finally overcome his big off from RMC22 and fullfil his promise from 2021. As long as Munster has a cleaner season than Loubet last year, they will definitely be chances for a good result. Let's go.

SubaruNorway
12th January 2024, 19:28
Millener not in favour of rally2+
https://www.parcferme.no/teamsjef-avviser-rally2/193547?fbclid=IwAR3xuTd-hITseyyqUt5omfajlgSt1Nf8GmyhHKWAi9gsZ7_19iIJj81Jto U

er88
12th January 2024, 19:58

Yeah sure they did........

TypeR
12th January 2024, 19:58
Shouldn't be much of his saying about the future cars :D
To me the lack/zero interest of new teams is also that they keep using the same engine for soo many years.
They started in 2017 and probably keep going couple of more years..

+

What's the deal with the hybrid provider..?

All the rally1 fuss goes around the hybrid technology.. but why is there 0 decals/PR about the HY company on the cars and commercials/banners etc..?
Paid enough to not PR the company for a faulty system..?

WRCStan
12th January 2024, 20:12
Shouldn't be much of his saying about the future cars :D
To me the lack/zero interest of new teams is also that they keep using the same engine for soo many years.
They started in 2017 and probably keep going couple of more years..

+

What's the deal with the hybrid provider..?

All the rally1 fuss goes around the hybrid technology.. but why is there 0 decals/PR about the HY company on the cars and commercials/banners etc..?
Paid enough to not PR the company for a faulty system..?

It's an FIA policy requirement, and not one of the rally department. The PR is 'look how green our championships are' when they get to COP summits on their private jets.

It's not mass market tech for Compact Dynamics to yell about.

seb_sh
12th January 2024, 20:35
Yeah sure they did........

My friend, look at the link I posted l, Mikkelsen himself said it...

fiscorpun
12th January 2024, 20:35
Millener not in favour of rally2+
https://www.parcferme.no/teamsjef-avviser-rally2/193547?fbclid=IwAR3xuTd-hITseyyqUt5omfajlgSt1Nf8GmyhHKWAi9gsZ7_19iIJj81Jto U

Great. FIA, Promoters, Stakeholders, Manufacturers, Team Principals, Drivers... NONE of them wants to change a thing - especially for a cheaper thing that would 100% help the series.
They just want to sit and wait until something awesome happens out of nothing. THis is great

SubaruNorway
12th January 2024, 20:43
Great. FIA, Promoters, Stakeholders, Manufacturers, Team Principals, Drivers... NONE of them wants to change a thing - especially for a cheaper thing that would 100% help the series.
They just want to sit and wait until something awesome happens out of nothing. THis is great

If they go rally2+ i probably won't go to events, that's not 100% helping the series

Kras
12th January 2024, 20:49
If they go rally2+ i probably won't go to events, that's not 100% helping the series

How will rally ever recover from you not attending...

typhoon
12th January 2024, 21:06
Even though I'm not 100% sure about the rear, finally someone designed a livery in more than 15 minutes... thanks M-Sport. Wish the performances will be as cool as this livery!

macebig
12th January 2024, 21:07
Think nobody wants to face the truth and strongarm the situation. They're just waiting for the inevitable withdrawal of one team that will force them to make decisions. Just hoping they don't do anything stupid and go for EVs that will kill WRC as they did with WorldRX.

typhoon
12th January 2024, 21:10
Think nobody wants to face the truth and strongarm the situation. They're just waiting for the inevitable withdrawal of one team that will force them to make decisions. Just hoping they don't do anything stupid and go for EVs that will kill WRC as they did with WorldRX.

This is an impossible solution, due to the high mileage the WRC needs to cover. The batteries would be enough for road section and a couple of competitive mileage. Then what?

AndyRAC
13th January 2024, 08:39

Hardly a fan of the sport then, are you? The top drivers will make most cars look good......

Fast Eddie WRC
13th January 2024, 11:11
Fourmaux at the AIS..

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/rjuFMGrm35eTnf3Z/

SubaruNorway
13th January 2024, 11:42
Hardly a fan of the sport then, are you? The top drivers will make most cars look good......

Been doing this for nearly 20 years, done 300+ events and things are not getting any cheaper, like doing Rally Sweden is 2/3 times more expensive these days.
We need the Rally1/WRC to make it worth it for me at least.
ERC was fine but it's just like watching Norwegian championship, it's just 5 more cars going fast.
Impossible to judge what Rally2+ would be like without seeing a car though, sound is a big part where Rally2 is lacking right now at least.

SubaruNorway
13th January 2024, 11:51
How will rally ever recover from you not attending...

If Youtubers making free promotion didn't exist, I'm pretty sure rally wouldn't be as popular as it is.
Hard to count total views, but i don't think I'm far off if i say i have generated 500 mill views over the years through all social media channels.

RS
13th January 2024, 18:54

Hundreds of thousands of people attend the best 'Rally2' events such as Barum or Ypres. With an improved car and the best drivers i'm sure it will be more than ok.

WRCStan
13th January 2024, 21:08

It's sad when fans invent the problem and the solution, but even sadder to see the obliviousness and arrogance in thinking ALL those groups have got it all wrong.

RS
13th January 2024, 21:42
Any news on an M-Sport WRC2 programme? Is there even going to be one?

Managarium
14th January 2024, 11:47
New rear wing in Monte Carlo PET

https://i.postimg.cc/gJGGRm5z/image.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hJ3FRWc6)

Sulland
14th January 2024, 13:11
Been doing this for nearly 20 years, done 300+ events and things are not getting any cheaper, like doing Rally Sweden is 2/3 times more expensive these days.
We need the Rally1/WRC to make it worth it for me at least.
ERC was fine but it's just like watching Norwegian championship, it's just 5 more cars going fast.
Impossible to judge what Rally2+ would be like without seeing a car though, sound is a big part where Rally2 is lacking right now at least.

Sound is important, I agree! And much more important than wings!
And to give a bit more of it to both Rally2, Rally3 and Rally4 - they all deserve it, and it is an easy fix!

seb_sh
14th January 2024, 17:05
New rear wing in Monte Carlo PET

nice to see updates, maybe Fourmaux put his head right and he will surprise us, seems a lot of people expect him to be the same as two years ago.

Franky
15th January 2024, 08:07
This is an impossible solution, due to the high mileage the WRC needs to cover. The batteries would be enough for road section and a couple of competitive mileage. Then what?

mknight will show up with charging trucks and everyone will get their juice. At least that was the idea he was proposing when the EV rally cars were discussed in the past.

With this "Rally2+", I don't understand why no one has mentioned keeping spaceframes as it's supposed to be easier (and most likely cheaper?) way of making the car without having to work on modifying an existing shell? Also if the homologation rules would be relaxed more, it could open up the path for non-manufacturers.

AndersX
15th January 2024, 08:23
There is a reason why Extreme E is going to be replaced with Extreme H as soon as from 2025 season. There are new tides in the sustainability trends; Toyota also pushes more for Hydrogen then electric.

Jarek Z
15th January 2024, 09:16
There is a reason why Extreme E is going to be replaced with Extreme H as soon as from 2025 season. There are new tides in the sustainability trends; Toyota also pushes more for Hydrogen then electric.

Forgive my stupid question, but hydrogen-powered cars have electric engines, right? or not?

wyler
15th January 2024, 09:53
Forgive my stupid question, but hydrogen-powered cars have electric engines, right? or not?

both:
"Motive power is generated by converting the chemical energy of hydrogen to mechanical energy, either by reacting hydrogen with oxygen in a fuel cell to power electric motors or, less commonly, by hydrogen internal combustion."[wikipedia]

i guess the focus here is on the latter.

Kenneth
15th January 2024, 10:11
With this "Rally2+", I don't understand why no one has mentioned keeping spaceframes as it's supposed to be an easier (and most likely cheaper?) way of making the car without having to work on modifying an existing shell? Also if the homologation rules would be relaxed more, it could open up the path for non-manufacturers.

Exactly. Wanna keep costs down and make it possible for new manufacturers to join? Just use space frame and fill the car with as many production parts as possible. Use cheaper body panels instead of carbon. Use road cars based engines. Use only transmission, suspension etc. that anyone can buy on market.

Making Rally2+ is just a short term solution that would move WRC back to 2011, when something like that happened and everyone can see that it was a terrible move.

Jarek Z
15th January 2024, 12:17
both:
"Motive power is generated by converting the chemical energy of hydrogen to mechanical energy, either by reacting hydrogen with oxygen in a fuel cell to power electric motors or, less commonly, by hydrogen internal combustion."[wikipedia]

i guess the focus here is on the latter.

Thanks for your reply. But I'm afraid that the focus here is on the former...

Managarium
15th January 2024, 12:36
https://i.postimg.cc/cC2VfkNm/418503875-879260967536928-5247245159374092632-n.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/7YTvq4gQ/419859871-879260990870259-2876532329441801054-n.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/c1zyqC8n/419740817-879260980870260-7338236210586788349-n.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

TypeR
15th January 2024, 12:54
You learn from the best!
He saw Tanak doing it all the time last year and knows he has to do it also :D
So better practise it on PET(R) - pre-event test&repair.

EstWRC
15th January 2024, 14:18
M-Sport will introduce a new rear wing upgrade to its World Rally Championship Ford Puma this season and is working to address last year’s costly reliability issues.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-outlines-2024-puma-wrc-development-plan/10566057/

Kenneth
15th January 2024, 14:18
Thanks for your reply. But I'm afraid that the focus here is on the former...

Toyota's focus is on the hydrogen ICE. But other manus, as well as Extreme H, focus on hydrogen cell powered electric engines.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th January 2024, 14:23
Exactly. Wanna keep costs down and make it possible for new manufacturers to join? Just use space frame and fill the car with as many production parts as possible. Use cheaper body panels instead of carbon. Use road cars based engines. Use only transmission, suspension etc. that anyone can buy on market.

Making Rally2+ is just a short term solution that would move WRC back to 2011, when something like that happened and everyone can see that it was a terrible move.

Can you explain your last point re 2011 cars ? There were more WRC1 entries including private runners with those cars...

Kenneth
15th January 2024, 15:27
Can you explain your last point re 2011 cars ? There were more WRC1 entries including private runners with those cars...

It isn't really some strong point, more like just an opinion as imo these cars weren't interesting enough. But as history showed it wasn't some long term successful rule set as these cars were there only for 5 years after which manufacturers wanted stronger, more interesting and more expensive cars. I think WRC should think about rules that would be there for a longer period.

But your point is good, from that perspective 2011 WRCs were a success and I think that Rally2+ would deliver even better in term of entries. I just see it as a short term solution. But if it's supposed to be some transitional era, then sure, would be probably a good step.

But we have no guarantee that Škoda would make Rally2+. I'm also a bit worried about its impact on current Rally2 cars.

rallyfiend
15th January 2024, 15:31
It isn't really some strong point, more like just an opinion as imo these cars weren't interesting enough. But as history showed it wasn't some long term successful rule set as these cars were there only for 5 years after which manufacturers wanted stronger, more interesting and more expensive cars. I think WRC should think about rules that would be there for a longer period.

But your point is good, from that perspective 2011 WRCs were a success and I think that Rally2+ would deliver even better in term of entries. I just see it as a short term solution. But if it's supposed to be some transitional era, then sure, would be probably a good step.

But we have no guarantee that Škoda would make Rally2+. I'm also a bit worried about its impact on current Rally2 cars.

I'm more thinking that the FIA completely abandoning these rules after such a short amount of time - and their commitment to stability of rules - will actually make Ford and Hyundai leave.

Ford don't have a viable Rally2 platform now anyway with the Fiesta no longer a car, and surely the i20 has a limited life, so why would they re-commit when the FIA can't maintain their own commitment...

Kenneth
15th January 2024, 15:47
I'm more thinking that the FIA completely abandoning these rules after such a short amount of time - and their commitment to stability of rules - will actually make Ford and Hyundai leave.

Ford don't have a viable Rally2 platform now anyway with the Fiesta no longer a car, and surely the i20 has a limited life, so why would they re-commit when the FIA can't maintain their own commitment...

Ironically, Ford not having a Rally2 viable car can be a good thing as it could push FIA to use space frame in that Rally2+ rules.

the sniper
15th January 2024, 15:59
Ironically, Ford not having a Rally2 viable car can be a good thing as it could push FIA to use space frame in that Rally2+ rules.

That'd be a good thing? The space frames have only made the sport more irrelevant, in my perception.

Kenneth
15th January 2024, 17:52
That'd be a good thing? The space frames have only made the sport more irrelevant, in my perception.

How is it less relevant than taking a road car and taking away anything but chassis? It would definitely be a good thing because it would make the cars cheaper and allow manufacturers that don't ideal road car to join. I definitely prefer more cars to road car relevancy.

After all, Dakar cars use space frames too and it doesn't make it less relevant.

RS
15th January 2024, 21:09
How is it less relevant than taking a road car and taking away anything but chassis? It would definitely be a good thing because it would make the cars cheaper and allow manufacturers that don't ideal road car to join. I definitely prefer more cars to road car relevancy.

That was the argument for spaceframes with Rally1 and neither happened.

Walach
16th January 2024, 05:07
I guess that spaceframe is not the reason though

Kenneth
16th January 2024, 07:14
That was the argument for spaceframes with Rally1 and neither happened.

Space frame alone won't make cars cheaper nor attract manufacturers. You have to make the rest of the rules attractive too.

It's hard to attract manufacturers when the engine and hybrid unit alone costs like 10 road cars. Oh and it doesn't matter if they produce both things themselves for their road cars for a fraction of the price, they cannot use it.

RS
16th January 2024, 09:42
I guess that spaceframe is not the reason though

Probably not, no.

But I also don't think that lack of spaceframe-centred rules would be the barrier in terms of base car or costs that were the argument for introducing them. After all there are more Rally2 cars than Rally1 cars and even small tuners like MEM were able to make a Proton 'R5'

I concede that will be more of a problem in the future though if road cars go electric and rallying remains with ICE.

Kenneth
16th January 2024, 10:34
Current Rally1 rules still allow using road car chassis yet all 3 manufacturers choose space frame.

becher
16th January 2024, 12:46
Current Rally1 rules still allow using road car chassis yet all 3 manufacturers choose space frame.

Do they still? Originally it was proposed but I never heard of this again since 2019 and didn't find anything in the regulations either.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th January 2024, 14:14
BTW guys, this is the M-Sport Ford thread...

Kenneth
16th January 2024, 14:31
Good point. That being said I love the new livery. M-Sport atleast deliver on this front, banger after banger. I suppose 25's livery will be inspired by old Escort WRC livery.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th January 2024, 17:08
How the outsider, Gregoire Munster, plans to take his chance at M-Sport...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/how-m-sports-wrc-rookie-plans-to-capitalize-on-its-outsider-status/

typhoon
16th January 2024, 20:10
Good point. That being said I love the new livery. M-Sport atleast deliver on this front, banger after banger. I suppose 25's livery will be inspired by old Escort WRC livery.

M-Sport is the only team showing something interesting to discuss basically, because if we look at Toyota and Hyundai... meh!

meh
17th January 2024, 05:31
M-Sport is the only team showing something interesting to discuss basically, because if we look at Toyota and Hyundai... meh!

what about me? :)

Fast Eddie WRC
18th January 2024, 09:17
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-can-m-sport-expect-from-2024/

What to expect ? Not a lot, the odd surprise maybe, otherwise be reliable and wait for the others to have problems..

Fast Eddie WRC
18th January 2024, 16:56
https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-post/creighton-announces-full-wrc2-campaign-in-2024

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEIyGJfXcAEvH1M?format=jpg&name=large

EstWRC
19th January 2024, 05:14
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240119/56a39ba5daf6c3c6b910402a5bf8894c.jpg

Eli
19th January 2024, 07:15
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240119/56a39ba5daf6c3c6b910402a5bf8894c.jpg

Yeah I’m sorry, the 2022 livery still remains the best imho on the Puma.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th January 2024, 16:53
Yeah I’m sorry, the 2022 livery still remains the best imho on the Puma.

Nice article here about the guy who has done them at M-Sport for many years...

Inside the design of a WRC livery:
https://www.minoiawatches.com/inside-the-design-of-a-wrc-livery/

Fast Eddie WRC
1st February 2024, 12:28
M-Sport answered critics in Monte says Millener...

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-answered-critics-with-wrc-monte-performance-/10570965/

“I firmly believe we achieved all of this. Both crews each scored a third-fastest time and drove sensibly over what was still a tricky Monte Carlo Rally.

“I am really pleased for both of them, and also the team who, as ever, worked very hard to get us here and gave us two perfectly reliable cars."

Fast Eddie WRC
5th February 2024, 09:18
The M-Sport Fiesta Rally2 won in Ireland this weekend in the hands of Keith Cronin. He clicked with the new car immediately despite not driving for over 6 months and the car suited him and the roads perfectly.

https://img.resized.co/southernstar/eyJkYXRhIjoie1widXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2ltYW dlcy5zb3V0aGVybnN0YXIuaWVcXFwvdXBsb2Fkc1xcXC8yMDI0 XFxcLzAyXFxcLzA0MTY1MDI0XFxcL0tDUk9OSU42LmpwZ1wiLF wid2lkdGhcIjpcIlwiLFwiaGVpZ2h0XCI6NDMwLFwiZGVmYXVs dFwiOlwiaHR0cHM6XFxcL1xcXC93d3cuc291dGhlcm5zdGFyLm llXFxcL2ltYWdlc1xcXC9wbGFjZWhvbGRlci5wbmdcIixcIm9w dGlvbnNcIjpbXX0iLCJoYXNoIjoiMDNlZDVlZmZmZWQ4ODAxOG Q3ODc3ZmI3NTJkMzQ1NDM1N2U2ZDc1NSJ9/keith-cronin-turns-on-the-style-to-win-in-galway.jpg

Hopefully this is another sign of the car being competitive again with it's new upgrades and will help the car sell well and fund the WRC team.

EstWRC
7th February 2024, 18:18
Road book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKDvTQk_Zk4

Fast Eddie WRC
18th February 2024, 13:07
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGoANn8XoAA-qoI?format=jpg&name=large

macebig
18th February 2024, 13:38
Very mature drive and a well deserved first career podium for Fourmaux. Best of luck.

EstWRC
25th February 2024, 14:51
Sweden roadbook

https://youtu.be/m-q2ohABqF0?si=s22Pqg8D9h1arof0

Rallyper
26th February 2024, 11:36
Sweden roadbook

https://youtu.be/m-q2ohABqF0?si=s22Pqg8D9h1arof0

At 5:14 Fourmaux so close hitting Ott Tanaks car when he stood in the middle of the track... Man!

Fast Eddie WRC
15th March 2024, 17:28
Interesting to hear on the WRC Podcast that Adrien Fourmaux said he had an offer from another WRC team for a part-season in 2024.

I guess this shows how well he did in 2023 and how highly regarded he is.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th March 2024, 15:06
WRC Junior Champion 2023 Will Creighton today scored his first fastest time in a Rally2 car on the West Cork Rally in Ireland. Plus he is currently lying 3rd overall.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIzd3bOWUAEHYgO?format=jpg&name=small

This perhaps shows why the kid is getting the backing from M-Sport.

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2024, 15:27
Back-to-back, baby ! :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJ_1A_eWgAAEat5?format=jpg&name=medium

TypeR
31st March 2024, 16:04
Fun fact:

- Fourmaux's first podium in same chassis car as Tanak's first win with Puma. Both in Sweden.

- Fourmaux's second podium in same chassis car as Tanak's second win in Chile.

two different chassis

Good vibe cars :)

Fast Eddie WRC
1st April 2024, 09:42
The WRC private team shines again...

https://rallyjournal.com/the-wrc-private-team-shines-again-this-man-is-really-good/

meh
1st April 2024, 12:33
Fourmaux / M-Sport podiums probably are really good for the team and also for the championship.

M-Sport gets completely different attention compared to last season. No title-expectation pressure, no demanding Tänak - I think they can work in a more relaxed environment :)

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd April 2024, 08:00
Good interview with Fourmaux on Safari, the snorkel and 2025 Regs...

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/a-fourmaux-le-bareme-est-un-peu-frustrant/

Zoli
3rd April 2024, 08:43
He basically said the same as Tanak and Neuville (also Evans and Rovanpera) about the 2025 regs just mentioning other aspects. I guess he's also pushing Hyundai's agenda...:confused:

Fast Eddie WRC
8th April 2024, 19:20
https://rallyjournal.com/in-the-wrc-a-huge-sensation-is-brewing-could-anyone-have-believed-this/

EstWRC
9th April 2024, 17:52
Kenya road book

https://youtu.be/m2vDOabNSo4?si=mJemF1cH27X7rarD

WRCStan
10th April 2024, 17:01
Kenya road book

https://youtu.be/m2vDOabNSo4?si=mJemF1cH27X7rarD

That groan when Rally TV starts to buffer... :D

spyros
12th April 2024, 07:56
Anyone can see this https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-set-to-debut-wrc-puma-upgrade-in-croatia-/10597553/

Fast Eddie WRC
13th April 2024, 20:09
Anyone can see this https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/m-sport-set-to-debut-wrc-puma-upgrade-in-croatia-/10597553/

M-Sport set to debut WRC Puma upgrade in Croatia

M-Sport-Ford is set to debut a modified rear wing on its Ford Pumas at next week's World Rally Championship round in Croatia.

The British squad has been working on the aerodynamic performance upgrade since last year, before opting to delay its rollout until the 2024 season.

Following a successful test last week, the team has confirmed that it plans to fit the new component to its cars for next week's asphalt rally. Drivers Adrien Fourmaux and Gregoire Munster each chalked up more than 250km of running during their pre-event test days.

"Our plan is to introduce it in Croatia. Everything has gone okay with that, to be honest, and that was always the kind of date we were trying to aim for," M-Sport team principal Richard Millener told Autosport.

"It [the rear wing] is not suddenly going to make us 10 seconds a kilometre faster. There are only small things you can do, and it is small tweaks that we are looking for at the moment.

"This should help us in the higher speed stuff and combined with a couple of other set up changes, it can make a difference to the car. It is constant development, we are a little bit later than the other teams on the rear wing, but we are trying to stay as close as we can to the opposition."

Managarium
15th April 2024, 16:08
New rear wing explained

https://www.wrcwings.tech/2024/04/15/what-the-new-ford-puma-rally1-puma-wing-is-all-about/

Fast Eddie WRC
29th April 2024, 10:46
M-Sport Ford Puma has received a significant improvement this season.

Ford has been able to test its car in a simulator in North Carolina, USA. This has brought a significant improvement in the car’s performance.

https://rallyjournal.com/m-sport-ford-has-received-a-significant-improvement/

manthey
6th May 2024, 18:36
croatia roadbook

https://youtu.be/EpXaj1J3aMA?si=RoHCKZQ2EfmEBJE6

saco0o
6th May 2024, 19:29
croatia roadbook

https://youtu.be/EpXaj1J3aMA?si=RoHCKZQ2EfmEBJE6

and this was the guest's video from that ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seyaMJ5Xf9c
he talked with gregoire before the run, a fun talk. we know all of that but cool anyway. sharing rallying with more people. good

EstWRC
7th May 2024, 12:17
Nice interview with Loubet

https://rallysportmag.com/feature-pierre-louis-loubets-new-challenges/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3AsS-JvdQg0berpJcCoNGWmObgofbWdGvxA1Y7z9OhaLlmATxOFuth_ J8_aem_AboCS_oHJOh8hgXPABjHPZAZYwqH3Cqi5uk_ebbAE5N yhudZdOEuSvgevPlZQ8bsO9cppfWHX_kLF-ZuVmnvHda

“Last year was a very different year I think for M-Sport, the atmosphere was much more different,” he begins. “This year I think everything is a bit more relaxed, they have Pablo [Marcos] in the team who is a new team manager who is I think very, very good and has changed a lot of things I think in the team, so it is I will say something I say all the time: ‘it is how it is’.

“The only thing where I’m a bit disappointed, where I’m a bit frustrated is that me, I had a lot, a lot of problems last year – that is the truth and this year they found it. The car is more reliable, so that is a bit difficult.

COD
10th May 2024, 14:02
If only they could afford two or even three drivers… they have one now

Eli
10th May 2024, 14:36
Not WRC I know but Carlos Sainz confirmed to join M-Sport for Dakar assault in 2025: https://dirtfish.com/off-road/dakar/sainz-confirmed-for-fords-dakar-assault/

Fast Eddie WRC
15th May 2024, 08:40
"Fourmaux just looks like the finished article now", says Rich Millener.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-sport-fourmaux-now-looks-like-the-finished-article/

EstWRC
15th May 2024, 09:07
I hope he didn’t curse him now

But yeah he has been very impressive so far, also credit to the team with the cars reliability. Seems they have learned from the past two years and indeed made the right adjustments