PDA

View Full Version : Kubica strikes (himself) again

N4D13
11th January 2012, 18:38
Apparently (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96958), Kubica has had a fall near his house in Italy and fractured his right tibia again.

His luck is appalling - at this stage, it looks like he won't be coming back ever!

Dave B
11th January 2012, 19:14
Just seen that news, the poor sod can't catch a break. Or rather, he can't stop... :s
Injury setback for Kubica | Sky Sports (http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7423901/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

gloomyDAY
11th January 2012, 20:33
Damn. I really didn't think RK would come back to F1 after sustaining his injuries from rallying. Now he's slipping on patches of ice and getting re-injured. :(

I feel as if we have really lost out because Kubica would've kicked butt in the Renault.

ioan
11th January 2012, 20:50
I wonder where did they find ice in Italy nowadays, maybe he went skating?

Koz
11th January 2012, 23:33
I wonder where did they find ice in Italy nowadays, maybe he went skating?

There shouldn't be any snow in Italy in the middle of winter?

bontebempo
12th January 2012, 01:13
just in!!! He's burnt his hand on the hot water tab; severe blisters!!!!

TheFamousEccles
12th January 2012, 04:05
just in!!! He's burnt his hand on the hot water tab; severe blisters!!!!

Poor sod. If it weren't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.

The Black Knight
12th January 2012, 07:52
Jaysus, some drivers just have no luck. It looks like now it will be 2013 before he returns to the cockpit. I really feel sorry for the chap as he is a great talent but it almost seems like something is telling him to not return.

N4D13
12th January 2012, 09:55
Anyway, even if he broke again his tibia, do you really think that it's going to take that long to recover? I know that a tibia fracture isn't something that allows you to recover really quickly, but remember how Webber broke his leg in 2011 and was back to action in almost no time. Being an F1 driver and having the kind of (medical and economical) support that he has, he might spring a surprise after all.

Just hoping, ofc. ;)

Robinho
12th January 2012, 16:05
another month on his rehab i guess, but its not been the leg thats been the issue, and a broken leg does not prevent you exercising your arm.

crappy luck though and i wish him nothing more than a recovery, doesn't have to be speedy

ioan
12th January 2012, 20:14
There shouldn't be any snow in Italy in the middle of winter?

There's barely been winter in most Europe this year. And it was above 0 for the last week in Italy. Funny eh?

Anyway, the worst part is that it seems that 12 months after his accidents his bones aren't really cured yet, which means disaster for his F1 career.

Nem14
12th January 2012, 23:03
Apparently, the leg broke in the same place it broke 11 months ago in the rally car crash. Not good.

gloomyDAY
13th January 2012, 04:20
Apparently, the leg broke in the same place it broke 11 months ago in the rally car crash. Not good.Fudge!

Roamy
13th January 2012, 06:13
Need to take this guy out a shoot him!!

SGWilko
13th January 2012, 09:33
I'm surprised he is not back up to 100% fitness by now. I'd understand if he were a Brit, but all the working Polish over here are so efficient at what they do.........

Mia 01
13th January 2012, 17:01
Is the story real?
Or an excuse?

ioan
13th January 2012, 20:05
Is the story real?
Or an excuse?

Who knows?!
Either way it doesn't look like he will ever race in F1 again.

N4D13
13th January 2012, 20:42
Who knows?!
Either way it doesn't look like he will ever race in F1 again.
Perhaps he's done something to offend the Camorra! :(

Come on, don't be so pessimistic... :p

Tumbo
14th January 2012, 03:50
Anyway, even if he broke again his tibia, do you really think that it's going to take that long to recover? I know that a tibia fracture isn't something that allows you to recover really quickly, but remember how Webber broke his leg in 2011 and was back to action in almost no time. Being an F1 driver and having the kind of (medical and economical) support that he has, he might spring a surprise after all.

Depends on where the break is, the type of break, whether there is any underlying weakness of the bone, what Kubica's current health status is (he was incredibly fit before the original accident a setback at a late stage in rehab is a completely different kettle of fish), and probably moreso where there was any external tissue damage/remaining pins etc which could be a source of infection.

Doesn't sound good at all though if a slip and fall leads to further fractures