PDA

View Full Version : Bambi , or Rudolph ?

Bagwan
15th December 2011, 15:34
A curious event occurred in my wee town last night , and CSI is on the case .

I returned home from work , and called the dog downstairs , to head out for a squirt in the back yard .
I live above another of my businesses , an art gallery , and we strolled through and out the back door to the yard .

All was just fine , and I looked forward to taking a well deserved breather on my couch when I came back inside , after about 5 minutes .

That , as you might guess , was not what happened .

I walked back in to the back of the gallery , and noticed a piece of wood had fallen across the hallway to outside , by my workshop .
When I reached down to retrieve it , I noticed , in the dim light , what immediately looked like blood on the floor .
I reached for the lightswitch , and sure enough , there was a trail of bright red blood splattered across the floor .

Looking straight ahead now , I could see the front door plate glass had been smashed in .
Then , to the right , the big 6 foot by 5 foot double pane front window of the store was smashed out onto the street .

Now , I was only out with the dog for roughly 5 minutes , so it had all either just happened , or was , in fact , still happening .

I picked up the phone and dialled 911 .

My son came home a few minutes later , and started in to investigate "CSI" style , trying to determine a few clues from the orientation and shape of the copious blood spots though the gallery .

With two gaping holes in the front of my building , we stood waiting , resisting the idea of cleaning up , before a proper forensics team arrived .
Luckily , it happens that the temperature is the warmest it's been all month , at about 10degrees C , which is unheard of for December 14th , in these parts . Normally , we'd have snowdrifts inside before long .

About 15 minutes or so later , still waiting , a couple of local ladies who had been spurred into an evening walk by the nice temperature outside , came by .

One of the girls had just seen a deer on the main street .

Upon a little closer inspection , the "fibres" that my son had spotted on the front door glass moments before , had been identified as deer hair .

It all fit .
I had been a little perplexed , to say the least , by seeing nothing missing in the gallery .
First thought , with a window smashed in , at this time of year , is that someone was short of cash for an important present .
But , with nothing missing , was it just someone who doesn't like me ?

I feel better , with both those ideas crossed off the list .

I do feel sad for the deer , freaked out and bleeding profusely , running off into the night .
But , not that much , really , as now I am confronted with a $1,000.00 deductable on the insurance policy .

It's two gaping holes , a bunch of broken art , and a G out of pocket , right before Christmas .

Thanks Bambi , or Rudolph , whatever your name was !

anthonyvop
15th December 2011, 16:38
I would be more worried about the response time by your local police.

Did they ever show up?

SGWilko
15th December 2011, 16:38
Sorry to hear that Baggy. Hope you get it all sorted.

On a lighter note, was the chimney blocked? ;)

SGWilko
15th December 2011, 16:39

Did they ever show up?

If it was good old blighty, they probably wouldn't. Or maybe turn up a week later - just out of curiosity like.......

Firstgear
15th December 2011, 18:35
Oh dear!!!

(beat you to it schmenke :p :)

Malbec
15th December 2011, 18:40
If it was good old blighty, they probably wouldn't. Or maybe turn up a week later - just out of curiosity like.......

Then your insurance wouldn't pay up as you didn't have a crime number...

Bagwan
16th December 2011, 01:14

Did they ever show up?

Small town Ontario is generally looked after by the Ontario Provincial police .

He apologized for being so long , about 25 minutes .
They cover large areas .

We do have a small office they use from time to time , just down the street .
But I was unlucky that no officers were close .

We're reasonably low-crime around here(touch wood) , and no , I'm not too worried .
Usually , they are quicker in response than this .

Bagwan
16th December 2011, 01:15
Sorry to hear that Baggy. Hope you get it all sorted.

On a lighter note, was the chimney blocked? ;)

I keep my chimney clear , man .
Santa ready .

Bagwan
16th December 2011, 01:20
Oh dear!!!

(beat you to it schmenke :p :)

Did you mean , "oh deer!!!" ?
In our hurry to beat the schmenke to the punch , did we forget how to spell ?

janneppi
17th December 2011, 13:50
I read today that one of the the daily toilet papers is outraged that some shops sell canned reindeer in UK. I get it though, canned meat rarely is as good as more fresh meat.
Sautéed reindeer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sautéed_reindeer) mmmmm. :)

Bagwan
17th December 2011, 16:16
More likely a white tail around here .

I didn't even get any venison out of it .
I've given all my deer hunter friends a hard time about not getting the right one into thier freezer .

Eki
17th December 2011, 21:38
Baggy met Bambi, I just met Drummer. I was sitting quietly on my porch when a hare came to my yard and started eating the apples that had fallen from my apple tree. That's good. The hare got a meal and I'm too lazy to clean up the apples.

Bagwan
17th December 2011, 23:13
Baggy met Bambi, I just met Drummer. I was sitting quietly on my porch when a hare came to my yard and started eating the apples that had fallen from my apple tree. That's good. The hare got a meal and I'm too lazy to clean up the apples.

Was that "Thumper" , or really "Drummer" ?

Eki
17th December 2011, 23:46
Was that "Thumper" , or really "Drummer" ?
Oh, sorry. It was a direct translation from Finnish, where his name is Rumpali, which means a drummer. I think Thumper is the original name.

SGWilko
18th December 2011, 09:20
All this talk of Bambi, reminded me of this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104952/quotes?qt=qt0514677) :p