PDA

View Full Version : Lotus-Renault and driver Robert Kubica has reached 'point zero'.

CNR
13th December 2011, 10:42
http://www.clubcall.com/formula-1/boullier-questions-kubica-future-1353312.html\

the 27-year-old has not recovered in time and there are rumours he has signed a deal with Formula One rivals Ferrari for the 2013 campaign.

SGWilko
13th December 2011, 11:03
Would you sign up a driver who has not shown his ability post significant accident?

Ranger
13th December 2011, 11:18
Would you sign up a driver who has not shown his ability post significant accident?

Good question.

Especially given that Kubica's injury was far more serious than Massa's. :\

jens
13th December 2011, 15:58
If there is any deal between Ferrari and Kubica, it surely must derive from the pre-accident period from 2010. Back then there were some rumours about the interest of Ferrari already anyway. But Ferrari must be very careful about executing that option.

ioan
14th December 2011, 18:49
Not even Ferrari are stupid enough to sign someone who can't walk properly let alone move his right arm.

Mark
15th December 2011, 12:24
It may well be as a reserve driver position.

Ranger
15th December 2011, 14:48
Not even Ferrari are stupid enough to sign someone who can't walk properly let alone move his right arm.

Apparently they're at least thinking about it. (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-kubica-will-test-2010-ferrari-report/)

He (Cremonesi) said Kubica, still recovering from his horror rallying crash, will test the 2010-specification F10 car at Mugello next Spring.

Spain's AS newspaper said that, pending the last phase of his rehabilitation, Kubica may already have reached some sort of agreement with Ferrari regarding the 2013 season.

pino
15th December 2011, 15:07
I don't know. They've had a blithering idiot as chairman for a fair few years now. We are well overdue a Luca press release :D

Sorry the off-topic but wish we had many idiots like Luca in Italy...everything would be much much better ;)

steveaki13
15th December 2011, 16:44

My first thought as well.

May get him in within the Ferrari camp see how he is progressing then into Testing if he is fit, then into the future make a decision.

No team would just put him straight into their race team. IMO

Knock-on
15th December 2011, 16:59

Well, they've got someone currently on the payroll that's a rolling roadblock and only out there to crash into other drivers and ruin their races :p

SGWilko
15th December 2011, 17:02
Well, they've got someone currently on the payroll that's a rolling roadblock and only out there to crash into other drivers and ruin their races :p

Awww, c'mon. Badoer wasn't that bad......... ;)

Malbec
15th December 2011, 18:36

The rumours are that Ferrari merely have an option on Kubica, if he proves quick in testing they'll take him but if he isn't they lose nothing. There are nothing more than rumours mind.

N4D13
15th December 2011, 20:14
Awww, c'mon. Badoer wasn't that bad......... ;)
Come on, Usain Bolt could run faster than Badoer could drive! :D

F1boat
16th December 2011, 06:53
Unpleasant, but Renault might want to think about their team and to be honest, it will be unfair for Grosjean if he is forced out of the way of Kubica.

ioan
18th December 2011, 15:48
Can we finally drop the use of the Renault team name?!
There is no Renault team since 2 seasons, and now there is no Renault team name either, it's Lotus.

F1boat
19th December 2011, 07:29
Yeah, and Lotus is Catheram now. I may need some time to get used to this :)

DexDexter
19th December 2011, 08:06

I don't know, they threw out and paid out the second best driver of the second half of 2009 and kept a cheap, injured guy on the payroll instead.

nigelred5
20th December 2011, 14:31
With "Renault" now Lotus, with Renault Engines, I imagine his salary would be of concern to a team that no longer has the full manufacturer support from Renault.

Malbec
20th December 2011, 15:52
I imagine his salary would be of concern to a team that no longer has the full manufacturer support from Renault.

Beggars can't be choosers, until he proves he is just as quick as before he'll have difficulty getting paid anything. Right now he is worthless on the market.

CNR
21st December 2011, 21:14
Sorry the off-topic but wish we had many idiots like Luca in Italy...everything would be much much better ;)

SO I GUESS YOU WILL BE VOTING FOR HIM ?
Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo to Run for Italian Presidency in 2013 - Carscoop (http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/12/ferrari-chairman-luca-di-montezemolo-to.html)

Luca Cordero di Montezemolo may soon exchange one presidential chair for another. Ferrari (http://carscoop.blogspot.com/search/label/Ferrari/)’s Chairman announced today in an open letter to Italiafutura, a liberal-centrist think-tank that he formed in 2009, that he would be a candidate for the presidency in the 2013 Italian elections.

BDunnell
21st December 2011, 21:28
SO I GUESS YOU WILL BE VOTING FOR HIM ?
Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo to Run for Italian Presidency in 2013 - Carscoop (http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/12/ferrari-chairman-luca-di-montezemolo-to.html)

He has already appointed ioan as his campaign manager.

Koz
24th December 2011, 00:41
After a year or two with Monte Italians will make Silvio dictator for life. :)

Scrap that, maybe Flavio :D

sdutt
25th December 2011, 09:40
IMHO, Robert Kubica is in a very tough position, its going to be hard to get back in a good team after what will be a 2 yr break at that pt

CNR
28th December 2011, 21:04
Kubica breaks with his doctor, "Differing opinions on rehab" - motor sports - La Gazzetta dello Sport (http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports/28-12-2011/kubica-breaks-with-his-doctor-differing-opinions-on-rehab-804149370503.shtml)

"back to driving" — The precise motives for this split are not known, but it seems that the difference in views between the directors at Renault and the medical staff regarding the time needed for recovery figure in to the decision. Renault (now Lotus) have shelved Kubica for 2012 in favour of Grosjean and he continues to be monitored by Ferrari, with an eye on their 2013 season. However, Dr. Ceccarelli has also said that he has no doubts on Kubica's possibilities to return to being an F1 driver again: "I have no doubt that Kubica will be driving again in 2012, but he needs time. Nature must take its course, but his moment will come."

CNR
30th January 2012, 20:24
F1 star Kubica could seal Ferrari move this week - Thenews.pl :: News from Poland (http://www.thenews.pl/1/5/Artykul/84721,F1-star-Kubica-could-seal-Ferrari-move-this-week)

Formula 1 fans will find out this Friday if driver Robert Kubica will join up with the Ferrari team.

ioan
3rd February 2012, 20:37
So?
Friday is almost done still no news! Another carrot from the Kubica camp.

F1boat
4th February 2012, 09:12
I don't think that anyone would sign him before some testing...

jens
4th February 2012, 09:36
I read from James Allen's blog that Kubica is targeting June as comeback for testing. So it would take some time nonetheless.