PDA

View Full Version : BTCC out on blu-ray?

JasonPotato
30th November 2011, 09:27
Got my BTCC 2011 DVD this morning and was wondering. Do ITV broadcast the BTCC in HD?

If not i would like to see them move to HD and then hopefully duke will release the seasons on blu-ray. I am not mega fussy either way as i'm happy with buying the dvd's but i think it's time we changed. I have all the vhs videos pre 2000, dvd's 2001-2011 so maybe it's time to move to new technology. Besides the 2011 review is what between £15-20 which is the price of a blu-ray anyway. They could also probably stick it all on 1 disc as well.

Lets hear your thoughts. Should it be left on dvd or switch to blu-ray or even released on both?

Mark
30th November 2011, 09:52
Is it filmed in HD in the first place? tbh you're very lucky to have coverage on a FTA channel at all without asking for HD too.

JasonPotato
30th November 2011, 12:00
That is what i was asking. I don't have the HD channels so i don't know if they have ITV4 HD but if they do they must broadcast btcc on there in HD. All i'm saying is i think they should given f1 etc all being shown in HD.

Mark
30th November 2011, 12:08
Well the BTCC is available in HD on ITV4 HD, so it's not unreasonable to expect a Blu-Ray too.

PDS
30th November 2011, 17:29
Well the BTCC is available in HD on ITV4 HD, so it's not unreasonable to expect a Blu-Ray too.

Not at all!

Really annoying. You can watch it in HD on ITV4 but they don't do the review on Blu-ray???

You have been able get Superbikes on Blu-ray for the past two years... But not the BTCC???

JasonPotato
1st December 2011, 15:35
Might have to think about getting Sky+ HD, might be worth it considering they will be showing some of the races in F1 next year. I wonder if there's a way to connect your sky box harddrive up to your pc, that way you could copy it on to blu-ray yourself.

Mark
1st December 2011, 16:09
think about getting Sky+ HD, might be worth it considering they will be showing some of the races in F1 next year

All of the F1 races!

JasonPotato
1st December 2011, 17:22
They might be showing all the races but i would rather watch the majority that'll be shown on BBC still.

"The BBC will be providing live coverage of 10 races in the 2012 Formula 1 season across all its platforms and extended highlights of the remainder."

PDS
1st December 2011, 18:21
They might be showing all the races but i would rather watch the majority that'll be shown on BBC still.

"The BBC will be providing live coverage of 10 races in the 2012 Formula 1 season across all its platforms and extended highlights of the remainder."

According to the BBC at the end of the last GP. They will be showing 10 races live, the others will not be shown live but will be shown 'IN FULL' when transmitted!

Mark
1st December 2011, 19:09
Btw there is a full discussion of this in the F1 forum. Let's keep this topic for BTCC - yes I know I was the one taking it off topic ;)

tintin
18th December 2011, 17:06
Not at all!

Really annoying. You can watch it in HD on ITV4 but they don't do the review on Blu-ray???

You have been able get Superbikes on Blu-ray for the past two years... But not the BTCC???

British Superbikes isn't filmed in HD though? Or do you mean worlds?

PDS
18th December 2011, 19:15
British Superbikes isn't filmed in HD though? Or do you mean worlds?

No! British Superbikes...

British Superbike Review 2011 (Blu-ray) - Sport Blu-ray at Play.com (UK) (http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/-/2835/2102/-/25415331/British-Superbike-Review-2011/Product.html)

ATF
7th January 2012, 09:54
Whenever I've watched BSB on ITV1 HD, the synopsis always says it's upscaled. However, I thought BTCC was filmed in HD so no excuse really for no Blu Ray!

I'm actually surprised F1 is on Blu Ray this year, they only started doing DVDs in 2005 (five years after BTCC)!