PDA

View Full Version : INDYCAR: Barnhart Removed From Race Control; Angstadt Fired

anthonyvop
30th November 2011, 04:27
The Hammer Drops......Finally
AUTO RACING - INDYCAR: Barnhart Removed From Race Control; Angstadt Fired (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-barnhart-removed-from-race-control-angstadt-fired/)

Strange timing. A day after a damning expose of the the car they have peg their hopes for the future on.

00steven
30th November 2011, 05:11
Thank the Lord!

FIAT1
30th November 2011, 13:53
Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SarahFan
30th November 2011, 15:24
Isnt china Terry's deal.... I wonder if the ink is dry yet

Chris R
30th November 2011, 16:59
perhaps there is still hope.....

Anthony - you think there is something to the timing of the announcement relative to the Pruett article or just noting the proximity of the two?? I am inclined to think they are separate issues but you never know....

anthonyvop
30th November 2011, 19:30
perhaps there is still hope.....

Anthony - you think there is something to the timing of the announcement relative to the Pruett article or just noting the proximity of the two?? I am inclined to think they are separate issues but you never know....

Does make you think.

Actually I think the go-ahead for release of the information about the car issues happened after the decision about BB and Angstadt was already made

Jag_Warrior
30th November 2011, 20:29
SPEED can report that Barnhart will be offered to stay on the payroll as president of operations but will no longer have anything to do with the officiating or managing of IZOD IndyCar Series races.In other words, "you royally suck at your job, but we're going to let you keep drawing a pay check by giving you a 'do nothing' position."

Here's my idea from the Peanut Gallery: fire his worthless @$$ and hire two qualified PR people with the savings. The way I look at it, if they have the money to pay that #### in the punchbowl, then they have plenty of money to do the things they need to be doing, but seem to claim they don't have the money to do.

But still, I think this is great news! Just for this, I'm committing to giving the series a fresh watch next season, with NO stale feelings or links to the past. Plus, The Danica is gone. Turbos are back. Maybe... just maybe, the sun is close to coming out again. The series is inching closer to real legitimacy... FINALLY!

Chris R
30th November 2011, 21:15
I may be wrong, but wasn't Barnhart relatively well regarded until he got to race control?? I am thinking, if that is the case, he just "peter principled" out and it amy not be prudent to throw the baby out with the bathwater if he is otherwise competent in "operations" that do not involve quick decisions and lots of people skills.....

anthonyvop
30th November 2011, 21:53
I may be wrong, but wasn't Barnhart relatively well regarded until he got to race control?? I am thinking, if that is the case, he just "peter principled" out and it amy not be prudent to throw the baby out with the bathwater if he is otherwise competent in "operations" that do not involve quick decisions and lots of people skills.....

Agree 100%

Now who to replace him at race Control.
I am not of the "bring in a former driver" contingent. We are looking at a position that is similar to a head Referee in Football or a home plate Ump in baseball. How many of them are Ex-Football or baseball Players?
We need someone to just follow the rules and only the rules....No preferential treatments nor letting someone slide because of their preceding reputation

garyshell
1st December 2011, 07:45

I was wondering the very same thing. There is a big difference in operations of the series and being in charge of race control.

Gary

Wilf
2nd December 2011, 18:52
The Hammer Drops......Finally
AUTO RACING - INDYCAR: Barnhart Removed From Race Control; Angstadt Fired (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-barnhart-removed-from-race-control-angstadt-fired/)

Strange timing. A day after a damning expose of the the car they have peg their hopes for the future on.

I wonder why Speed had so much trouble understanding that no one was fired. The release clearly stated Angstadt resigned and was going to help with the Marc's transition yet they went with their headline that Angstadt was fired and then had to change it. Did Robin give them the wrong scoop?

anthonyvop
2nd December 2011, 19:21
Of the current names mentioned, Barfield would get my vote (even if he can also be referred to as "BB" :p ). I had some contact with him a couple years ago and was impressed with his take on things. I also know he is well regarded by people whose opinions I respect.

Communicated with Beaux Barfield. Has not be contacted and hasn't even though about it until I mentioned it

Leo Krupe
5th December 2011, 18:31
I read about this a few days ago, and can only echo everyone else's feelings that TGBB being shown the door (at least in the race control capacity) is exciting and uplifting news. I've pretty much stayed away from following the series since at least NH, with the exception of Vegas (RIP Dan), but now with this news, I'll give it a whirl again next season.