PDA

View Full Version : Hug ends Hamilton-Massa F1 feud

CNR
28th November 2011, 21:36
Hug ends Hamilton-Massa F1 feud

Lewis Hamilton and his old friend and recent foe Felipe Massa buried the hatchet when they hugged and sorted out their differences in the aftermath of the Formula One season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix.

Read more: Hug ends Hamilton-Massa F1 feud (http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorsport/hug-ends-hamiltonmassa-f1-feud-20111129-1o3ur.html#ixzz1f2RKWFhz)

Robinho
28th November 2011, 21:48
GAY. Just wait until next year when they share apiece of track again, they'll be at it again just the same

ioan
28th November 2011, 23:05
So sweet! :laugh:

Knock-on
29th November 2011, 10:45
A nice gesture nonetheless and great both of them could be so sporting. :up: :)

Although Massa did say that he wouldn't have made the gesture and it had to come from Lewis.

Kevincal
29th November 2011, 23:11
Massa - "hey Lewis, we are not going to win any more championships with Vettel around, screw it, lets just drive around the rest of our careers and follow each other from now on, k, and hey lets just count our money in the off season and go screw around in some ferraris and mclarens?"

Lewis - "ya that sounds good, but I will probably still run into you sometimes because I never learned how to be patient when im near another car on track".

hugs.

fandango
30th November 2011, 07:36
Although Massa did say that he wouldn't have made the gesture and it had to come from Lewis.

I think that was on the back of his [Massaīs] trying to talk things through with Ham and getting the cold shoulder after Singapore. So it actually DID have to come from Lewis. However, it's nice to hear about it happening rather than hear Lewis say it happened. I suspect he's getting the right advice from someone these days as he seems to have levelled off a bit. Let's hope it results in better driving and less brain fade from now on.

I get the impression that Ham is finally starting to get it that being a brilliant driver is not enough - you still have to drive brilliantly, and perform at your best in and out of the car.

TheFamousEccles
30th November 2011, 08:59
Yawn. There goes what passes for a show of driver personality. Stage-managed no doubt. A little bit of needle is good for the game, gets the emotional juices flowing, ya know. :rolleyes:

ioan
30th November 2011, 22:58
I think that was on the back of his [Massaīs] trying to talk things through with Ham and getting the cold shoulder after Singapore. So it actually DID have to come from Lewis. However, it's nice to hear about it happening rather than hear Lewis say it happened. I suspect he's getting the right advice from someone these days as he seems to have levelled off a bit. Let's hope it results in better driving and less brain fade from now on.

I get the impression that Ham is finally starting to get it that being a brilliant driver is not enough - you still have to drive brilliantly, and perform at your best in and out of the car.

:up:

fandango
1st December 2011, 18:32
I think it depends who you want to beleive as Massa claimed he was given the cold shoulder and Lewis denied that ever happened. Still its nice they are on good terms again for now.

Yeah, well, that's true. I believe Massa, though. He's never had any serious run-ins with other drivers before, and he hasn't been caught telling porkies like Lewis has. I'm not trying to stir it up, I just hope we see more of Lewis the driver than Lewis the eegit from now on.

Bagwan
1st December 2011, 20:00
Come on , kids ......time for a group hug .

Hug , shmug .
They'll come together again out there ; two pouty millionaires , being bested by team-mates .
They'll dance again .

Hugs are for cameras .
Racing is for position .

F1boat
2nd December 2011, 07:45
aw, so cute ;)

Knock-on
2nd December 2011, 16:07
A little bit of needle is good for the game, gets the emotional juices flowing, ya know. :rolleyes:

Same can be said for a Forum ;)

ioan
2nd December 2011, 18:51
Apart from his shouting match with Alonso of course where they exchanged abusive language in front of the live camera's lol. Well the rest is irrelevant and this thread is done I think. :)

You mean the fact that Lewis has publicly lied and got caught is irrelevant and we should close the thread and not discuss this? Funny that.

Bagwan
2nd December 2011, 23:35
I highly doubt it, but its good some live in hope. It would be boring otherwise. :eek:

I should have written "two pouty millionaires , having both been bested by team-mates ." , because you lost my point with that bit , thinking I don't want either to be a factor in the championship next year .

My point was the "Hug , shmug " part .

These guys have thier opinions of each other , and , just like opinions on this forum , they rarely change in a flash , or with just a hug .

These guys will see each other on track again .

Mia 01
3rd December 2011, 04:21
Theese feelings build over a long time donīt change with a hug for the cameras. Lewis is the same and he will get used to battle it out in the midpack with Felipe.

Knock-on
3rd December 2011, 20:16
Theese feelings build over a long time donīt change with a hug for the cameras. Lewis is the same and he will get used to battle it out in the midpack with Felipe.

Ahhh, come on Mia. How about a big group hug :kiss:

Koz
4th December 2011, 06:31
Ahhh, come on Mia. How about a big group hug :kiss:

Sweet! I'll put on a gorilla costume and we can pretend I'm Kimi!! :laugh:

SGWilko
5th December 2011, 16:51
Just get 'em a cuppa soup each... (http://youtu.be/6Awwb-eXlc8)

SGWilko
5th December 2011, 16:53
Hey buddy I want to get the first hug with Mia! I've teased her quite abit over the season and feel I should give abit of love back.. :p :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPq7YukE1rk

What do you say Mia? I am a Kimi fan too remember.. ;)

Kimi fans do it with a Mini Milk! :p

Mifune
10th December 2011, 13:51
GAY. Just wait until next year when they share apiece of track again, they'll be at it again just the same

STRAIGHT!
are you?? wow! well, more power to you!

11th December 2011, 13:24
The first draft, raised men to kill the poor farmers of the Monongahela Valley who refused to pay a whiskey tax, several were killed, this was a tax to defer cost to the large land holders to pay off debts of the revolution, they decided to make the poor farmers pay, rather than the rich land owners, who were well represented in government. Washington was the largest Whiskey maker/ land owner and he got rid of his competition, that way. the tax was the idea of Hamilton who wanted America to be run by elites, of indusrty and banking as it is today.

lotus rules
13th December 2011, 21:34
massa is a guy under stress for his job and glory. it's slipping away.
he was a decent guy, now he's with ferrari and it shows. he'd better produce (that is if ferrari really has given him an equal car) or get back in the trailer and lick his wounds. lately he's full of himself.
lewis is still a gentleman, but i'm sure he doesn't give a $hit; he's there to race.
go lewis!

CNR
26th December 2011, 08:22
Bernie Ecclestone's Christmas Card 2011