PDA

View Full Version : Troubles at Force India

AJP
15th November 2011, 05:29
Is this old news ??

Mallya owes a lot of money, will Force India be the first on the scrap heap???

'King of the good times' facing $1b debt (http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/king-of-the-good-times-facing-1b-debt-20111115-1ngmf.html)

Dave B
15th November 2011, 09:12
It's theoretically only a problem for his airline, the team is run as a seperate entity. Plus they've only just got a massive investment from Sahara which should secure the future of the team without or without Vijay at the helm.

jens
15th November 2011, 14:27
If Force India's team is somehow affected by the trouble, I think Mallya has already reacted to it by selling a stake in the team.

Garry Walker
16th November 2011, 19:55
Before reading what the topic was about I thought The Slasher had been let loose again.

ioan
20th November 2011, 13:20
It's theoretically only a problem for his airline, the team is run as a seperate entity. Plus they've only just got a massive investment from Sahara which should secure the future of the team without or without Vijay at the helm.

Freudian slip?

Dave B
20th November 2011, 15:01
D'oh! :p

Malbec
20th November 2011, 19:00
It's theoretically only a problem for his airline

Vijay might just be regretting using the team to advertise his airline after he'd promised Emirates he wouldn't. All that Arab money slipped through his fingers thanks to his own greed.

Can't say I'm too surprised to see Vijay in trouble though I doubt it'll affect the team directly now Sahara is involved.

AJP
20th November 2011, 22:26

Should secure the future ? I would hope so...
Does anyone know what share Sahara has of Force India?
My initial thoughts are that it won't matter if the F1 team is a seperate entity. When the boys come looking for their money they will get from what ever business he is involved in.

jens
21st November 2011, 16:44
Does anyone know what share Sahara has of Force India?

I have read it is 42.5%. Incidentally the same as Mallya owns now.