PDA

View Full Version : dutch agent orange?

FrankenSchwinn
22nd March 2007, 16:59
i was wondering, where do the dutch teams get the orange from? is it from the guy who started the revolution and was from the House of Orange? if so, why isn't there any orange in their flag? and why does KTM do their orange thing? and where is that dutch girl's number from last night?

Eki
22nd March 2007, 19:51
i was wondering, where do the dutch teams get the orange from? is it from the guy who started the revolution and was from the House of Orange? if so, why isn't there any orange in their flag? and why does KTM do their orange thing? and where is that dutch girl's number from last night?
There's orange in the old South African flag:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg/800px-Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg.png

jim mcglinchey
23rd March 2007, 10:48
tand where is that dutch girl's number from last night?

Seems like you overdid the Oranjeboom thing last evening.

FrankenSchwinn
23rd March 2007, 19:10
Seems like you overdid the Oranjeboom thing last evening.

nah, not the night before i wrote that but last night on the other hand.....

so, what the hell, no one knows?

LotusElise
23rd March 2007, 20:41
I've always been told it's the colour of the Dutch royal house.
Which I take to mean the family, not the actual palace or whatever they live in.

LeonBrooke
24th March 2007, 07:51
Further to this, why is the colour of New Zealand black? Anyone know, because I don't...

alleskids
24th March 2007, 22:06
Willem van Oranje (William of the House Orange) has established the republic Holland, which included Belgium, Luxemburg and parts of Germany. After a number of wars, including the conquering of Great Britain, the kingdom The Netherlands appeared. For some time the national flag was orange, white and blue, before it became red, white and blue. William van Oranje is the father of the fatherland and the current queen is a far grand, grand etcetera child of William of Orange. And I believe he had some influence in South Africa, which why the language is related to Dutch.