PDA

View Full Version : Wales Rally GB - BBC Two Wales programme

markrally
10th November 2011, 11:35
Hi all

I thought I'd flag up the fact that BBC Wales will, once again, be showing a highlights programme from WRGB. It'll be shown at 23.20 on Monday evening on BBC Two Wales (which is available throughout the UK on Sky) and then for a further seven days on the BBC iPlayer.

bassist
10th November 2011, 13:23
Yea, saw Mark James walking around service at Shakedown yesterday.Why the hell they dont get the `Beeb` do it full time next year? Prob the `Rolls Royce `of Sport coverage in the world! And Mark really knows his Rallying.

AndyRAC
10th November 2011, 13:55
Great news!! C'mon NorthOne, give the coverage away to the Beeb and get the interest back in the WRC in the UK.....it's in a vacuum at the moment.
And include Mark in the coverage - somebody who knows what he's talking about.

gravelman
10th November 2011, 18:04
I rooted out some of my old VHS of dodgy reception BBC 2 WRC events and the quality of the shows is astounding still after all these years. I think with rally covrage, less is often more with regard to commentary and some o the production aspects, not meaning to sound like I'm licking up to Mark, but he let the action speak for itself and told it like it was. I'm 27 and within the target Market the WRC are aiming at and I don't see th need to make something sound exciting by he commentator when clearly it visibly is. Young people dont need wild crazy stuff in a show to make it watchable, the beebs f1 coverage is testament to that. Well informed, with no fear to tell the story as it is. I honestly don't think that if sainz blew the engine with 400 metres to the title today, that the WRC coverage would let an interview like Jeremy hart carried out happen. We need the WRc back on ha Beeb. This is great news

Mark
12th November 2011, 08:40
According to BBC Breakfast it's the "Rally of Wales"

tfp
12th November 2011, 15:35
I rooted out some of my old VHS of dodgy reception BBC 2 WRC events and the quality of the shows is astounding still after all these years. I think with rally covrage, less is often more with regard to commentary and some o the production aspects, not meaning to sound like I'm licking up to Mark, but he let the action speak for itself and told it like it was. I'm 27 and within the target Market the WRC are aiming at and I don't see th need to make something sound exciting by he commentator when clearly it visibly is. Young people dont need wild crazy stuff in a show to make it watchable, the beebs f1 coverage is testament to that. Well informed, with no fear to tell the story as it is. I honestly don't think that if sainz blew the engine with 400 metres to the title today, that the WRC coverage would let an interview like Jeremy hart carried out happen. We need the WRc back on ha Beeb. This is great news

I'd be interested to see the old vhs footage again! Upload! Upload! :D

BDunnell
12th November 2011, 21:45
Young people dont need wild crazy stuff in a show to make it watchable, the beebs f1 coverage is testament to that. Well informed, with no fear to tell the story as it is.

I couldn't agree more. What a pity that that, too, is shortly to be no more.

tfp
13th November 2011, 01:18
I couldn't agree more. What a pity that that, too, is shortly to be no more.

Agreed. Bernie ecclestone :s mokin: North one sport :confused:

PuddleJumper
13th November 2011, 16:56
What I can't understand is why this only gets shown on BBC 2 Wales, when the event is Rally GB. It should be shown in all regions!

I've set the Sky+ to record it. Mark James' style is still better than anything out there.

Mark
13th November 2011, 19:19
So we only get highlights at nearly midnight a day later. Yet we used to have a half hour programme every night on BBC2 with live coverage on Sunday.

PuddleJumper
13th November 2011, 21:05
That's right, and we only get the highlights because Sky show the regional variations of BBC channels. If you relied soley on terrestrial television, you wouldn't get to see any of it!

Barreis
13th November 2011, 21:07
MotorsTV rules.

PuddleJumper
13th November 2011, 21:19
In my opinion, it doesn't. Whilst it's good they have a 1 hour highlights show each evening of the rally, the commentary is poor and the audio and video don't seem to match up, which is particularly annoying when they show onboard footage. Yes, it's better than nothing, but it could be much, much better.

AndyRAC
13th November 2011, 22:36
According to BBC Breakfast it's the "Rally of Wales"

Hmm, it is confusing isn't it? I've also heard & read it's the Welsh Rally....Not great promotion by the organisers/promoters. It's the British round of the WRC, which is held in Wales - not the Welsh round of the WRC - no wonder it gets no mainstream coverage. Nobody knows what it is...

Brynmor Pierce
14th November 2011, 23:46
This footage is in a different league...how do you get it so right every time Mark...

bassist
15th November 2011, 00:21
This footage is in a different league...how do you get it so right every time Mark...
Now thats what you call a Rally Highlights programme, Measured, informative,great bits on Marshalling/Safety, and Mini. Ideal if your a first time watcher, or experienced pundit. Mark knows his stuff, and if this was on Terrestrial TV next year, it would attract many many more followers. Well done!

gravelman
17th November 2011, 18:07
Is it available t watch elsewhere from the iplayer?? Can't access it from Ireland.

PuddleJumper
29th November 2011, 22:22
...see anyone familiar?

BBC News - Missing Vauxhall Corsa ends up on Mumbles beach after ship alert (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-15934908)

MrJan
29th November 2011, 22:35
...see anyone familiar?

BBC News - Missing Vauxhall Corsa ends up on Mumbles beach after ship alert (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-15934908)

Nice!

Watching the RallyGB show on iPlayer a few weeks back. Accomplish, informative and interesting as always, one of the best parts about RallyGB is that it gives me a chance to see some proper coverage for a change :D Such a shame that the BBC is keen to make it even more of a fringe event, not sure why they're happy to have it on BBC Wales as a national event but not show anything to the rest of Great Britain :(

satnav
5th December 2011, 21:25
Wonder if anyone has the BBC Wales programme that they could upload here as i didn't get to see it this year and if last years is anything to go by it should be very good indeed.

wildboar
6th December 2011, 07:01
Wonder if anyone has the BBC Wales programme that they could upload here as i didn't get to see it this year and if last years is anything to go by it should be very good indeed.

It is availble at f1zone.net. You'll have to register in order to access the "Motorsport videos" thread.