PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to ... ??

N.O.T
14th October 2011, 23:26
Browsing through some of my old pics i realised that many of previous rally drivers are "lost" nowadays and i would like to know what they are up to competition wise or if they quit everything and started their own colibri milking company...

so if anyone has any ifo on the following please share

Natalie Barratt
Simon j-j (i know he is mentor of Centikaya)
Andreas Eigner
Aki Teiskonen
Vladan Vasiljevic

It would be nice to use this thread to answer questions about the present of some previous known (or not so well known) rally drivers.

focus206
14th October 2011, 23:38
Simon j-j (i know he is mentor of Centikaya)
Andreas Eigner

I suppose you mean Andreas Aigner. From what I know, in 2011 he competed in the Austrian Championship with a Clio R3.
About Jean-Joseph I read some time ago that Petter Solberg wanted to help him (don't know in which way) to come back racing after 2 or 3 years of stop. In 2011 he took part in some French gravel rallies with a 207 S2000.

N.O.T
15th October 2011, 00:03
No, not Aigner...i know his whereabouts

i mean the Czech former Formula 3 champion driver and local rally driver (at least in mid 00s) with focus wrc in czech and slovakian championship...His name was something like that Eiger, Eigner...

focus206
15th October 2011, 00:11

i mean the Czech former Formula 3 champion driver and local rally driver (at least in mid 00s) with focus wrc in czech and slovakian championship...His name was something like that Eiger, Eigner...

Ah, sorry, I thought you mean Aigner.

If I may add one name: I'd like to know what happened to Urmo Aava. I know he is not competing anymore, and now he is involved with some Estonian young drivers, but he quit due to a particular reason? I remember in 2009 he did the first 2 WRC events with the Ford Focus of the Stobart Team, but then nothing more...

tolis
15th October 2011, 00:11

You mean Tomáš Enge!

tolis
15th October 2011, 00:13
Ah, sorry, I thought you mean Aigner.

If I may add one name: I'd like to know what happened to Urmo Aava. I know he is not competing anymore, and now he is involved with some Estonian young drivers, but he quit due to a particular reason? I remember in 2009 he did the first 2 WRC events with the Ford Focus of the Stobart Team, but then nothing more...
Aava also did Rally Finland in 2009 in a Civic Type R R3 and now he is organising Rally Estonia every year.

N.O.T
15th October 2011, 06:27
You mean Tomáš Enge!

Yes thats the one...

cali
15th October 2011, 11:17
Aava also did Rally Finland in 2009 in a Civic Type R R3 and now he is organising Rally Estonia every year.
You're quite right. He quitted due to lack of funds to compete in WRC and I guess driving in Estonian events was not an option for him anymore. At the moment he runs his own business.

Well, to be honest, he was never a WRC factory team material but a good solid driver.

Mirek
15th October 2011, 11:29
You mean Tomáš Enge!

Tomáš has always been at first circuit driver. He used to drive rallies mostly for fun. Last year he drove Rally Vyškov, the year before complete Czech rallysprint championship with CNG Lancer. I must say he has always been very spectacular and fast. But his main job remains on circuits, in last couple of years it's been GT1 world championship where he drives Aston Martin (5x podium this year). He also drove several endurance circuit events.

For sure his talent could result in something more but he somehow didn't handle the opportunities. After the F3000 and some testing of F1 (I think one GP in F1 also) there was the marijuna story plus there were several really hard crashes with long time healing...

His website in English: http://www.tomas-enge.cz/EN/home.html

Wim_Impreza
15th October 2011, 12:10
I suppose you mean Andreas Aigner. From what I know, in 2011 he competed in the Austrian Championship with a Clio R3.
About Jean-Joseph I read some time ago that Petter Solberg wanted to help him (don't know in which way) to come back racing after 2 or 3 years of stop. In 2011 he took part in some French gravel rallies with a 207 S2000.

Simon Jean-Joseph is doing the French gravel championship this year. He did 4 of the 5 events until now there and his results were 1st (Xsara WRC), 1st, 1st and 3rd (207 S2000). I think he even has a chance to gain the title.
The final event of the French gravel season is the Terre du Vaucluse on 12-13 November.

mousti
15th October 2011, 12:48
SJJ is also the gravel crew of Solberg.

Enge like Mirek said a fast driver on circuit and probably in every car he can get, in single seater, LMS Proto, or GT's.

Leon
15th October 2011, 20:34
Ari Mokkonen,
Paasonen
luis Climent
juha kangas
oriol gomez

Barreis
15th October 2011, 20:38
Still remember Oriol Gomez when being 2nd driver in ibiza F2 (alongside Rovanpera) in Safari 1998.

ProRally
16th October 2011, 10:10
Juha Kangas is taking care of his HUGE family farm and driving Valmet tractor now.... :D :D
I believe he has a kid(s) now to...

HarriK
16th October 2011, 18:53
Natalie Barrat drove last round Subaru on Kerava FRC-race.
Barrat NatalieGBFlythström PeterBRTFlythström PeterSubaru Impreza WRX

Mitch555
23rd October 2011, 09:43
Last I heard of Kangas was in the ARC. He ran three years (2003 - 2005) with Les Walkden Rallying, which was the official Mitsubishi team in 2004. He won the Southern Safari Tasmania Rally in 2003 and 2004.

sal
24th October 2011, 10:41
Read somewhere that Simon JJ had suffered a serious waterski accident which nearly resulted in a loss of sight a few years back hence his disappearence from the scene for a while.