PDA

View Full Version : 2012 IRC: Rallies, teams, drivers

Pages : [1] 2 3

RS
10th October 2011, 12:09
Time to start this thread I think, even if it is only rumours and speculation at the moment.

I can imagine that Juho will be driving some kind of WRC programme in the VW Fabia next year whilst testing the Polo WRC ahead of a full works seat for 2013.

Skoda I guess will continue with Kopecky & Loix and Skoda UK with Mikkelssen.

Hopefully Peugeot Belgium will continue too and I think the big battle next year could be between Neuville and Mikkelsen with the others picking up the scraps.

We will see if Peugeot UK continue at all and whether with Wilks or not. Wilks I don't think is quite on the level of Meeke but he is better than he has been able to show this year.

Bouffier has been a little disappointing this year after Monte but maybe he will continue next year and do a little better now that he has more experience of the rallies?

It would be nice to see Gardemeister continue next year but I am sure he is going to change part of his "package" whether that is car or tyres, otherwise it will be another year of finish-line whinging from him.

Proton I do hope will continue and get their reliability sorted. They have definitely made some progress with the speed of the car this year. I hope to see Basso in one of the seats and maybe PG and Atkinson to appear again too if they don't find something else to do?

After a couple of good performances this year I hope to see Breen again next year with a bigger programme too, preferably in a Ford as we don't see enough of them.

Ok, some dreaming above but I don't think there is much that is too unrealistic?

10th October 2011, 12:23
Would Peugeot UK try and develop Breen or some other young talent? Or are they more likely to drop out of the IRC?

Juho would probably do more SWRC rounds so he can get used to those routes

Mirek
10th October 2011, 12:26
I think Mikkelsen is closer to VW deal than Hänninen now. Anyway I think both Juho and Jan have contract with Škoda only for this season. I think that there has been no new one signed yet and afaik even Škoda hasn't yet decided what they will run next year (but they will continue in rallying).

Hartusvuori
10th October 2011, 12:42
It would be nice to see Gardemeister continue next year but I am sure he is going to change part of his "package" whether that is car or tyres, otherwise it will be another year of finish-line whinging from him.

At the last stage end in Scotland Garde was asked about his plans for 2012 and he said that the plan is at the moment to continue in IRC. But with what, we'll see

Gregor-y
10th October 2011, 16:26
I wouldn't rate Bouffier on Monte Carlo. It was due to brilliant strategy (or dumb luck; your choice) and to my mind the real winner was Francios Delecouer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Skoda's some drivers (minus Kopecky and Loix) turn up in VWs for the odd WRC round. Breen was great in Scotland but what's his work on tarmac like? I haven't followed the Irish Tarmac Series for a few years.

Mirek
10th October 2011, 16:43
Breen is good on tarmac. He did some WRC events in small cars and also this years IRC Barum rally (7th overall of nearly 30 S2000). It was his first start here without any testing and I was really impressed by his driving.

Donalduck
10th October 2011, 16:44
I would like to see Mikkelsen and Neuville in the official skoda team next year. Thats my dream team for irc 2012.

AndyRAC
10th October 2011, 17:36
I would like to see Mikkelsen and Neuville in the official skoda team next year. Thats my dream team for irc 2012.

Neuville at Skoda?? I'd have thought Citroen would be keeping tabs on him - he needs more gravel experience. He was quick, but made mistakes. I think he has a bright future.
It will be interesting what Peugeot UK do, would feel sorry for Wilks if they dropped him - but he's had a nightmare of a year. I really hope Proton can sort out their reliability.

MJW
10th October 2011, 18:32
Neuville at Skoda?? I'd have thought Citroen would be keeping tabs on him - he needs more gravel experience. He was quick, but made mistakes. I think he has a bright future.
It will be interesting what Peugeot UK do, would feel sorry for Wilks if they dropped him - but he's had a nightmare of a year. I really hope Proton can sort out their reliability.
I cant see Neuville with Skoda - he allegedly turned down a VW run Skoda for WRC evaluation and a chance to test a WRC Fiesta for Ford Motorsport, because he didnt want to show disloyalty to PSA Group, that to me he is firmly tied by some clause in contract to PSA, or is very confident of stepping up to a Citroen WRC seat eventually!

Donalduck
10th October 2011, 18:49
I really can't see mikkelsen/neuville in skoda together either. But as i wrote, Thats my dream team.. :) Neuville really impressed me this weekend, good pace despite his lack of experience on gravel.

mousti
10th October 2011, 19:07
Loix will probably focus next year more on the BRC then on IRC don't expect a full program there..

pucky54
12th October 2011, 01:11
Loix will probably focus next year more on the BRC then on IRC don't expect a full program there..

Sounds not very good!!!

RS
12th October 2011, 09:28
News on Wilks: Peugeot calls on Guy Wilks to deliver more consistency if he keep his drive - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95275)

Leon
12th October 2011, 10:24
News on Wilks: Peugeot calls on Guy Wilks to deliver more consistency if he keep his drive - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95275)

If they give him another chance

Motorsportfun
12th October 2011, 17:37

I think Proton is just waiting for a ready-to-run engine for their Satria. In the past, there were some talks for the engines that Sunred bought by a Luxembourg-based developer for the WTCC campaign. Any news about it?

Mirek, for what concern Mikkelsen and Hanninen's odds, would be a natural choice to pick Hanninen in the VW WRC team, because he's a good developer. What kind of experience has Mikkelsen about it? In fact, Hanninen developed the car with Sainz and Sebastian Lindholm... Mikkelsen in those days was destroying some Focus WRC... :D

Mirek
12th October 2011, 18:32
Mirek, for what concern Mikkelsen and Hanninen's odds, would be a natural choice to pick Hanninen in the VW WRC team, because he's a good developer. What kind of experience has Mikkelsen about it?

That's just what I heard. Time will tell. I don't know development skills of Andreas but I see more future potential in him than in Juho just because he is much younger but similar in speed. I hate to say this because I really like Juho but this point seems to be quite obvious.

In fact, Hanninen developed the car with Sainz and Sebastian Lindholm... Mikkelsen in those days was destroying some Focus WRC... :D

There were much more people involved in the development such as Kopecký, Baumschlager or Starý. These three together with Lindholm were the testers since the very beginning. Now Kresta (afaik he's there as a wish of Reiger), Loix and I believe also Mikkelsen are part of development testing but by far most of testing kilometers were driven by Kopecký. These are thousands every year. I think that Sainz did only small portion like Panizzi or Vouilloz did.

RS
13th October 2011, 08:33
Some news/rumours from today's UK Motorsport press:

- Mikkelsen looks likely to stay with Skoda UK but add some WRC rounds with a Fabia S2000 (plus recce all WRC events)

- Scotland still might not be on the calendar next year. It depends whether the Arctic rally runs in IRC. There is a quote from one IRC boss in Autosport magazine and he is quite angry with Scotland, or maybe rather the collective UK series organisers about the inflexibility of the date of Scotland. They (and everybody else) love the event but it has been difficult for the organisers to make it break even and difficult for IRC to slot it into the calendar. However if Scotland doesn't happen they have a back-up plan of Circuit of Ireland.

- IRC looks set to merge with ERC and adopt it's name from 2013. This is something I have suggested before and in my opinion would be great news for both Eurosport Events and the ERC.

Mirek
13th October 2011, 08:43
IRC looks set to merge with ERC and adopt it's name from 2013. This is something I have suggested before and in my opinion would be great news for both Eurosport Events and the ERC.

Some time a go I heard the same. I completely agree with You.

RS
13th October 2011, 09:12
One other piece of news: IRC will allow 1.6T 'RRCs' in next years championship providing the restrictor size remains the same.

mousti
13th October 2011, 09:21
Not really a suprise for me. But want to know more about that restrictor size will that get be a bit bigger like 31 mm or so?

noel157
13th October 2011, 10:47
Would certainly make sense to merge IRC and ERC. The ERC hasn't really been "anything" for many years.

With a WRC recce schedule next season Mikkelsen and VW look like they are getting closer and closer to a contract.

RS
13th October 2011, 11:31
Not really a suprise for me. But want to know more about that restrictor size will that get be a bit bigger like 31 mm or so?

I think it is currently 29mm and what Eurosport Events are saying is that they would like it to stay at that. I agree - I wouldn't like it to come to a situation where a rich but less talented driver could come along with an RRC and win events simply because his car was better.

Quite tricky when you have two sets of regulations on the go!

Mirek
13th October 2011, 11:31
It's 30 mm now.

mousti
13th October 2011, 13:42
I think with 1 mm a less talented driver will not win it by that, but I think it will be more balanced. Although it's maybe because the development of the car is not 100 % yet?

Mirek
14th October 2011, 19:17
Must admit that those lights look really good with the livery...

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296671_2497662324422_1338790116_2904810_1713277880 _n.jpg
Photo by John Pavlíček

RS
14th October 2011, 19:57
Nice. What was this test as pictured for?

mousti
14th October 2011, 20:07
I like them too, it's a bit the lights of a VW Golf

Mirek
14th October 2011, 20:46
Nice. What was this test as pictured for?

No test, just carrying WIP around usual test track in Bělá pod Bezdězem.

dimviii
14th October 2011, 20:47
always blacklights are better.

[Madeira-Rally]
17th October 2011, 09:28
Peugeot Portugal is trying to do IRC again in 2012, With Bruno Magalhaes as a driver

PLuto
24th October 2011, 15:15
Peugeot Sport Portugal is leaving rally from 2012 - AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=39&p=55234#p55234)

wwbroe
24th October 2011, 15:27
Peugeot Sport Portugal is leaving rally from 2012 - AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=39&p=55234#p55234)

This is very sad news, but i guess it was somehow to be expected considering the situation in Portugal. Nevertheless it is pitty that after such a long involvement in the sport Peugeot Portugal is now stopping, especially pitty for Bruno Magalhaes. I am afraid that it might not be the last team that we won't see in next year's championship.

mousti
24th October 2011, 15:30
Peugeot Portugal decided to quit the race car from this era. This is a decision that we regret, for what Peugeot Portugal accounted for the national sport. Peugeot is proud to have been fought over the trademark to raise the sport of Rally to the level it deserves, and have created the conditions for the discovery of new talents of motorsport Portuguese. It was since 1996 the only brand at the official level, and without interruption, in the course of the rally in Portugal.
In 16 years of competition, the Peugeot Sport Portugal took part in 148 rallies, got 55 wins and climbed the podium 91 times. Pilots won seven titles and 6 marks in the national championship 12 times, besides being the only team to clinch the Portuguese vice champion in the European Rally Championship. The Peugeot Portugal expressed the greatest gratitude to Carlos Barros and his team, all co-pilots and pilots who were with us, the sponsors and all the fans who followed us throughout these 16 years.

There explanation..

PLuto
24th October 2011, 15:56
PR explanation...

mousti
24th October 2011, 19:44
Offcourse, I put it just in here because nobody posted it in here before me :)

Not a surprise anyways, it will be guessing like last year what will come to IRC next season.. I think I'll do Barum anyways though.

tolis
27th October 2011, 16:58
Rally Sliven (BG) will be round of IRC next year! 28-30 September!

clior3
27th October 2011, 17:00
Hello! Some news from Bulgaria - Rally Sliven (ERC coeff. 10) will be round of IRC next year. This is the rally with best special stages in Bulgaria. The rally will change
Rajd Polsi in 2012 calendar.
One on-board from classic stage of Rally Sliven - Stara reka with Todor Slavov:
Todor Slavov SS Stara reka 08 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXZTILqgwZY)

PLuto
27th October 2011, 22:19
Rally Sliven (BG) will be round of IRC next year! 28-30 September!

Are you sure?

clior3
28th October 2011, 09:33
The organizers of the rally had long negotiations with the promoter. They expected in the next few days to formally sign the final contract. The money for entry fee for the competition is ok, there is support from the new head of Bulgarian federation and from Bulgarian government.

sal
28th October 2011, 11:24
Circuit of Ireland now on track for IRC series - Motorsport, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/circuit-of-ireland-now-on-track-for-irc-series-16069508.html)

More on the moves to replace Scotland with the COI...

Mirek
28th October 2011, 12:10
Hehe, if all these news are true we will have at least 20 rounds of IRC. No way... :)

AndyRAC
28th October 2011, 16:41
Circuit of Ireland now on track for IRC series - Motorsport, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/circuit-of-ireland-now-on-track-for-irc-series-16069508.html)

More on the moves to replace Scotland with the COI...

Mixed news - great that potentially the COI is in a major International series. However, I'm not sure what it says about British Rallying that an event that has been praised by all might not run. Sad if true.

BDunnell
28th October 2011, 16:42
Mixed news - great that potentially the COI is in a major International series. However, I'm not sure what it says about British Rallying that an event that has been praised by all might not run. Sad if true.

And that there is no other meaningful championship as part of which it could be run.

AndyRAC
28th October 2011, 16:56
And that there is no other meaningful championship as part of which it could be run.

Well any other country would put it in their National series.....I truly despair sometimes.

RS
3rd November 2011, 11:56
It seems as if Scotland is definitely out of the 2012 calendar. Circuit of Ireland has been made an offer as it's replacement.

That doesn't necessarily mean the end for Rally of Scotland however, they will maintain dialogue with Eurosport about returning in the future when they really need to integrate it with the BRC.

mousti
3rd November 2011, 12:45
The rally will not be in the calendar of the IRC but will be even not run in 2012.. Tour of Mull is not bad also..

AndyRAC
3rd November 2011, 12:59
Great shame – a fantastic event, great stages, stunning scenery. One slight problem, held in the UK.....
Quite simply, here in the UK the sport isn’t attractive to potential backers, commercial sponsors, etc

focus206
3rd November 2011, 13:13
It seems as if Scotland is definitely out of the 2012 calendar. Circuit of Ireland has been made an offer as it's replacement.

That doesn't necessarily mean the end for Rally of Scotland however, they will maintain dialogue with Eurosport about returning in the future when they really need to integrate it with the BRC.

Too bad :( I really liked the Scottish event...

liposh
6th November 2011, 16:06
Does anybody know the program of Karl Kruuda for next season? Our czech eurosport comentator Zdenek Mika said yesterday, Karl will cooperate with Skoda closer. Either seat in factory car or in importer car, but in such case I expect him to drive with better specification than old JM engineering car. (something like Loix and Mikkelsen did this year)

bluuford
6th November 2011, 17:25
Kruuda said that he is planning to do less rallies next year (I think this year he has something like 17 rallies?). Looks like he will be in SWRC again and some events in IRC. But nothing is clear yet.

Hartusvuori
6th November 2011, 19:51
Kruuda said that he is planning to do less rallies next year (I think this year he has something like 17 rallies?). Looks like he will be in SWRC again and some events in IRC. But nothing is clear yet.

I hope he'll do so, and I also hope he'd get some notable result next year. He is getting rather well-experienced for his age and now it's time to show the speed. He's too likeable guy to fade into average.

RS
6th November 2011, 20:44
It would be nice if Hanninen, Mikkelsen and Neuville all got good championship programmes next year. That could be a mega title battle!

Re: Kruuda, I wondered whether Sandell might try something similar to get the latest spec car - if Loix is not going to do a full IRC programme next year Skoda Motorsport should have some capacity.

mousti
6th November 2011, 23:40
I have my doubts on both Andreas and Juho doing a full IRC championship.

Plan9
7th November 2011, 04:28
I have my doubts on both Andreas and Juho doing a full IRC championship.

Do you think they will most likely do VW Testing? Do you think they will enter some "special" Fabias into many WRC Rounds?

robee1328
7th November 2011, 04:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfew_jorITk

mousti
7th November 2011, 15:24
Do you think they will most likely do VW Testing? Do you think they will enter some "special" Fabias into many WRC Rounds?
Something like that indeed :)

mousti
8th November 2011, 00:59
Skoda UK will continue with Mikkelsen in IRC 2012 !

Hartusvuori
8th November 2011, 06:57
Skoda UK will continue with Mikkelsen in IRC 2012 !

That is good news for IRC also!

Tom206wrc
10th November 2011, 14:19
Thierry Neuville to Skoda in 2012 ??? Was it what Sport.cz (http://www.sport.cz/) wrote ??? :confused:

RS
10th November 2011, 14:34
Thierry Neuville to Skoda in 2012 ??? Was it what Sport.cz (http://www.sport.cz/) wrote ??? :confused:

Apparantely they had been in negotiations but those negotiations collapsed.

Actually I am glad about that. If Neuville had been with Skoda next year then Peugeot would probably have to take Loeb & Ogier to IRC to beat them :D

Mirek
10th November 2011, 15:00

No, already discussed in other threads. The negotiations were stopped but one never know...

mousti
10th November 2011, 16:01
No, already discussed in other threads. The negotiations were stopped but one never know...
It went went wrong with the Manager of Neuville probably wanted too much.. It could go on again next year though but for now it's off.

wwbroe
10th November 2011, 19:20
I have heard that they stopped the negotiations for now, but just for a week. After that week they will meet again to see if different oppinions can meet. :D

PLuto
11th November 2011, 23:00
Situation is still the same - they are still negotiating. Only different articles on internet are changing minds of readers...

alleskids
11th November 2011, 23:16
On Belgiums sites Neuville said he wanted to respect Peugeot Belgium by discussing a future first with them, before looking on the Skoda/VW offer.

mousti
12th November 2011, 12:04
I think the most important is for that contract, will u get a WRC program eventually yes or no.

Francis44
12th November 2011, 14:24
I think with Skoda he might even do some WRC rounds, I know he did J-WRC but it's always nice to build experience on WRC rally's.

Barreis
12th November 2011, 16:39
He's good but not that good as IRC/SWRC champs.

Wim_Impreza
12th November 2011, 16:59
He's good but not that good as IRC/SWRC champs.

Neuville is much better than the 2010 SWRC champion Xavier Pons.

mousti
13th November 2011, 08:07
And he beated Juho on a Mixed stage with limited gravel experience..

sete
13th November 2011, 10:08
if you means Cyprus rally Juho has beaten by himself after a driving mistake

Barreis
13th November 2011, 19:35
Pons also had some good performances. Especially in Kronos xsara WRC.

mousti
13th November 2011, 21:37
Sete , come on did u miss Golden Stage?? It was clearly that I meant that.. Would be stupid that I compare performances from those two on SS1 when he had a crash makes no sense at all. Kronos Xsara WRC is the past.. It's now what is important..

RS
13th November 2011, 21:40
Pons drove Canarias this year in a lightened Fiesta and was setting similar times to Basso in the Proton.

Mirek
13th November 2011, 21:42
On the other hand Pons was on Hankook. Don't forget that.

bluuford
13th November 2011, 22:23
Sete , come on did u miss Golden Stage?? It was clearly that I meant that.. Would be stupid that I compare performances from those two on SS1 when he had a crash makes no sense at all. Kronos Xsara WRC is the past.. It's now what is important..

I looked the Golden Stage and I wondered if there excists a s2000 car that is capable to survive such driving over the full rally distance? I think no :-)

Barreis
13th November 2011, 22:24
IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://www.ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=3304)

mousti
13th November 2011, 23:08
I looked the Golden Stage and I wondered if there excists a s2000 car that is capable to survive such driving over the full rally distance? I think no :-)
Umm I think rallydrivers on that level now, that they have to adapt to every event and have a different setting to drive. Such competition is full throttle the whole stage, every second u don't do that u will lose that competition. So it stays the same Neuville won in exact same situation like Juho.. None of those two had to save their car..

Hartusvuori
14th November 2011, 07:55
Finnish tv programme Motorsport reported that Arctic Lapland Rally and IRC organizers were indeed negotiating on starting IRC 2012 from northern Finland, but it will not happen. Rally organizers considered IRC fee (mentioned to be around €150 000) too high.

I hope they would negotiate further in the future, say 2013 season. If it would be announced early enough for promotion with plenty enough good drivers, throw in some ex-F1 drivers if necessary and organizers should get they moneys back and rally spectators a decent international event.

cali
14th November 2011, 10:03
Finnish tv programme Motorsport reported that Arctic Lapland Rally and IRC organizers were indeed negotiating on starting IRC 2012 from northern Finland, but it will not happen. Rally organizers considered IRC fee (mentioned to be around €150 000) too high.

I hope they would negotiate further in the future, say 2013 season. If it would be announced early enough for promotion with plenty enough good drivers, throw in some ex-F1 drivers if necessary and organizers should get they moneys back and rally spectators a decent international event.

Decent is a very modest word for Arctic Lapland Rally ;)

RS
16th November 2011, 11:39
Matthew Wilson is considering IRC for next year if he can't get the budget together for WRC.

Judging by comments he has made previously, I think that he thinks he could fight for wins in IRC but in reality I think he would be out of his depth.

However I do think it could be good for him as a driver as it might force him to up his game as he couldn't plod around 5-6 minutes off the pace and still pick up 5th places quite easily.

pucky54
16th November 2011, 12:58
On the other hand Pons was on Hankook. Don't forget that.

But his car was also 50 kg lighter ;)

RICARDO75
16th November 2011, 13:13
Matthew Wilson is considering IRC for next year if he can't get the budget together for WRC.

Judging by comments he has made previously, I think that he thinks he could fight for wins in IRC but in reality I think he would be out of his depth.

However I do think it could be good for him as a driver as it might force him to up his game as he couldn't plod around 5-6 minutes off the pace and still pick up 5th places quite easily.

Another 5 year plan? lol

bluuford
16th November 2011, 13:46

Well, if he is 5 minutes off the pace then this year he would have been on the podium at Ypres, 5th in Cyprus, 6th in Acores and Yalta, 8th in Corsica and Monte, 9th in RACMSA and Sanremo and without points in Barum (11th), Hungary (13th) and Canarias (17th).

He would have collected 63 points, that is 7th place at the end of season in IRC
Do you know how many points he collected and what place he finsihed in WRC this year? the numbers are 63 and 7 again :-)

It would be nice to see at least one Fiesta in IRC during the whole season.

Wasted Talent
16th November 2011, 13:52
I think Matt would surprise a few people if he did the IRC, certainly be competitive on gravel

WT

tolis
16th November 2011, 13:56
I think if he moves to IRC, then Matt won't have the experience he has in WRC. So, then we may have to wait another 5 years. :D

Mirek
16th November 2011, 14:24
I think Matt would surprise a few people if he did the IRC, certainly be competitive on gravel

WT

Something was shown in Scotland with Fiesta. He was a zero but it was possible to measure his times approximately in live coverage. If I remember right he did similar times to Alister McRae with Proton.

N.O.T
16th November 2011, 15:26

he will be in WRC next year as well...

RS
16th November 2011, 16:34

WT

I'm not so sure since he was sometimes behind Hanninen in WRC this year (Hanninen with S2000 and Wilson with WRC)

RS
17th November 2011, 12:06
According to Autosport Magazine, Peugeot UK have scrapped the IRC programme.

If Peugeot also lose Neuville to Skoda, what are Peugeot going to do? They can't fight with just Bouffier.

Will they just not bother or will they hire some other talent to an "importer" team. My wish is that they would take Rossetti. I can't think of anyone else who is available who could fight for the title straight away.

dimviii
17th November 2011, 12:15
According to Autosport Magazine, Peugeot UK have scrapped the IRC programme.

If Peugeot also lose Neuville to Skoda, what are Peugeot going to do? They can't fight with just Bouffier.

Will they just not bother or will they hire some other talent to an "importer" team. My wish is that they would take Rossetti. I can't think of anyone else who is available who could fight for the title straight away.

Also Basso.He deserves a top seat

PLuto
17th November 2011, 12:19
The most important point of view is if Peugeot wants to continue in IRC in 2012.

RS
17th November 2011, 13:14
Also Basso.He deserves a top seat

Agree, but I mentioned Rossetti because I think he is slightly better than Basso on gravel.

I hope Peugeot continue, there is life in the 207 yet until they switch to the 208 with the new cheaper 4x4 turbo regulations.

bluuford
17th November 2011, 13:45
The most important point of view is if Peugeot wants to continue in IRC in 2012.

You are more than right. If there is no Peugeot in IRC next year, then it is almost like sudden death for IRC :-(

dimviii
17th November 2011, 13:51

So will they?

noel157
17th November 2011, 21:13
As expected (VW) Skoda UK confirms Mikkelsen again in 2012.

RS
18th November 2011, 11:20
As expected (VW) Skoda UK confirms Mikkelsen again in 2012.

Good news.

I expect Skoda UK only have to pay a bit for Andreas' wages for promotional events e.t.c.

Sulland
18th November 2011, 11:32
Good news.

I expect Skoda UK only have to pay a bit for Andreas' wages for promotional events e.t.c.

Source pls?

RS
18th November 2011, 11:57
Source pls?

Just my brain :D

It's obvious if VAG have long term plans for him they are not going to bill Skoda UK the full price.

noel157
18th November 2011, 21:51
Has Karl Kruuda got a budget yet for IRC 2012? Think he was hoping to do most rounds.

bluuford
18th November 2011, 22:45
Has Karl Kruuda got a budget yet for IRC 2012? Think he was hoping to do most rounds.

Do not worry, his dad always gets budget for his son. Is it for IRC or SWRC or for both. We do not know it yet.

noel157
18th November 2011, 22:56
Do not worry, his dad always gets budget for his son. Is it for IRC or SWRC or for both. We do not know it yet.

Thanks BF, good news.

tolis
19th November 2011, 05:35
He said that next year he won't do as many rallies as he did in 2011.

RS
21st November 2011, 12:21
Skoda UK press statement confirming Mikkelsen: Å*KODA UK Confirms Mikkelsen for Intercontinental Rally Challenge Title Defence in 2012 (http://www.skodaukmotorsport.com/Skoda_UK_Motorsport6/News/Entries/2011/11/21_SKODA_UK_Confirms_Mikkelsen_for_Intercontinenta l_Rally_Challenge_Title_Defence_in_2012.html)

Plan9
21st November 2011, 20:52
Will Gardemister stay with his own team forever or will he join a factory effort?

bluuford
21st November 2011, 20:59
Kruuda says at IRC homepage that he plans to do Ypres and Cyprus at least. It seems tha he is going to concentrate on SWRC and maybe something like 7 IRC events as well (if the resources are there etc.).

Mintexmemory
22nd November 2011, 00:18
Will Gardemister stay with his own team forever or will he join a factory effort?

I understand Coca Cola Finland are looking for delivery drivers - don't know of any other factories hiring for 2012 ;-)

Hartusvuori
22nd November 2011, 09:46
I understand Coca Cola Finland are looking for delivery drivers...

That was in 1952...

Plan9
22nd November 2011, 23:23
i understand coca cola finland are looking for delivery drivers - don't know of any other factories hiring for 2012 ;-)

hahahahahaha!!!!!

Mintexmemory
23rd November 2011, 11:11
hahahahahaha!!!!!
;) Looks like IRC is going to be Formula Skoda next year, 20+ Fabias and the odd Fiesta or 207

Sulland
23rd November 2011, 12:33
;) Looks like IRC is going to be Formula Skoda next year, 20+ Fabias and the odd Fiesta or 207

Is it that much better than the rest?

Mirek
23rd November 2011, 13:57

Prior it was formula Peugeot. In Barum 2008 nine of top ten cars were lions ;)

mousti
23rd November 2011, 14:13
Same with Ypres, and some years before Ypres was a Clio cup. Did that make the rally more boring? For me it wasn't a bit of diversity is always nice but it doesn't get the rally less interesting for me

[Madeira-Rally]
23rd November 2011, 15:34
hum... is there something real on this article???
thy are saying that Nwuville is really close to a deal with VW... hum

Thierry Neuville vicino a Volkswagen Motorsport: atteso per domani l'annuncio ufficiale | Motor Inside (http://www.motorinside.it/thierry-neuville-vicino-volkswagen-motorsport-atteso-domani-lannuncio-ufficiale)

RS
24th November 2011, 16:21
Regarding Neuville I really think PSA should try to hang on to him as a long term replacement for Sebastien Loeb, as I don't think Hirvonen is going to fill that role.

Apparantly PGA is trying to get Proton to do sWRC instead of IRC as he feels both he and the car are better on gravel. I am sure he is right about that but I am not sure that is a good move for Proton - you have to win in sWRC to get any publicity at all and even then it is only a category win and not an outright one.

It would be nice to see one or two strong Ford entries in IRC next year if 207s are going to be thin on the ground. Gardemeister switch maybe? Maybe some appearances by Breen? And any further news on Nikara?

Mirek
24th November 2011, 16:23
]hum... is there something real on this article???
thy are saying that Nwuville is really close to a deal with VW... hum

Thierry Neuville vicino a Volkswagen Motorsport: atteso per domani l'annuncio ufficiale | Motor Inside (http://www.motorinside.it/thierry-neuville-vicino-volkswagen-motorsport-atteso-domani-lannuncio-ufficiale)

I think that today there was a meeting which should decide about the future of Peugeot Belux in IRC.

Hartusvuori
24th November 2011, 16:34
Gardemeister switch maybe? --- And any further news on Nikara?

On Gardemeister, I'd say no switch. If he continues, he'll stick to his Skoda. No further news on Nikara.

eestlane
24th November 2011, 20:47

Why do you always have a problem with Kruuda and his dad´s money?

sete
24th November 2011, 21:40
we still dont know a program of Mathew Wilson maybe he can really goes to IRC with Fiesta S2000-i think when it will happens he wil be a strong enough

Pinto
24th November 2011, 22:43
Regarding Neuville I really think PSA should try to hang on to him as a long term replacement for Sebastien Loeb, as I don't think Hirvonen is going to fill that role.

Apparantly PGA is trying to get Proton to do sWRC instead of IRC as he feels both he and the car are better on gravel. I am sure he is right about that but I am not sure that is a good move for Proton - you have to win in sWRC to get any publicity at all and even then it is only a category win and not an outright one.

It would be nice to see one or two strong Ford entries in IRC next year if 207s are going to be thin on the ground. Gardemeister switch maybe? Maybe some appearances by Breen? And any further news on Nikara?

Craig will be out on the circuit of Ireland he hopes to do a few IRC rounds but that will depend on raising the extra funds to do the irc events as he's commited to the swrc and the WRC for the next two years

bluuford
24th November 2011, 23:08
Why do you always have a problem with Kruuda and his dad´s money?

I do not have any problems with his money... I just said that we should not worry about his budget. His dad always gets as much money as required. The only thing we do not know is the exact plans.

RS
25th November 2011, 09:19
we still dont know a program of Mathew Wilson maybe he can really goes to IRC with Fiesta S2000-i think when it will happens he wil be a strong enough

I would like to see Wilson in IRC as it would mean a British driver in the series and also a Fiesta but I do not agree that he would be strong enough. I expect around the pace of Gardemeister and Sandell (even though I guess he would have a top spec Fiesta)

mousti
25th November 2011, 12:14
Craig will be out on the circuit of Ireland he hopes to do a few IRC rounds but that will depend on raising the extra funds to do the irc events as he's commited to the swrc and the WRC for the next two years
Same with Barrable and Fisher they both want to do Ypres, Fisher doesn't know with which car yet he hopes the Fiesta S2000

RS
26th November 2011, 20:44
According to guys on the WRC forum Neuville tested the DS3 WRC this week so I guess he hasn't signed with Skoda/VW yet... Neuville and Abbring for Peugeot IRC would be nice!

mousti
26th November 2011, 22:18
He has to wait 2 more weeks for a final decision from Peugeot Belux.

RS
27th November 2011, 10:28
He has to wait 2 more weeks for a final decision from Peugeot Belux.

So he's giving first refusal to Peugeot, and if they don't offer what he wants he will go to Skoda?

mousti
27th November 2011, 10:32
He didn't refuse anything thing from Peugeot, I think he was negotiating with both because if he can he'll want to be loyal to Peugeot but Skoda also wanted him so he negotiated with both. Now that the Manager of Thierry didn't agree with the terms of Skoda. I think that's a bit of screwing with Thierry for waiting extra 2 weeks if they want to go or not.

eestlane
27th November 2011, 22:03
IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://ircseries.com/html/readNews.asp?id=3315)

wwbroe
27th November 2011, 23:38
IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://ircseries.com/html/readNews.asp?id=3315)

There is allready a topic about IRC calendar for 2012. :D

sete
10th December 2011, 13:29
looks like theres anything sure about Neuville:
Google PYeklada (http://translate.google.cz/translate?prev=hp&hl=cs&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rally-mania.cz%2Findex.php&sl=cs&tl=en)

PLuto
11th December 2011, 14:08
Nothing is sure yet. Article says still the same which was told in last few weeks...

mousti
11th December 2011, 15:25
Yep I'll wait patiently, and don't hope on nothing can't be dissapointed again :D . Best is to wait for an official announcement of the team or driver, same thing how it happened with Ogier, all rumours and suddenly something appears..

alleskids
11th December 2011, 15:38
What ever becomes of Neuville's 2012 plans (partime IRC and WRC as junior Citroen?) I hope we have a good Peugeot driver in the 2012 IRC. Otherwise it will be a Skoda Cup.
Freddy Loix is doing research for a new car in the Belgium championship and for a (partime) IRC program, he had talks with M-sport, and tested a Fiesta S2000 and Fiesta WRCar. Having a good Ford driver in the iRC would also be very healthy for the championship to stay alive.

RS
11th December 2011, 18:27
What ever becomes of Neuville's 2012 plans (partime IRC and WRC as junior Citroen?) I hope we have a good Peugeot driver in the 2012 IRC. Otherwise it will be a Skoda Cup.
Freddy Loix is doing research for a new car in the Belgium championship and for a (partime) IRC program, he had talks with M-sport, and tested a Fiesta S2000 and Fiesta WRCar. Having a good Ford driver in the iRC would also be very healthy for the championship to stay alive.

Why not Skoda anymore for Freddy?

mousti
11th December 2011, 19:16
Skoda isn't ruled out.. But they talk also with Ford Belgium. They are balancing different options and will get a conclusion of it soon.

sete
11th December 2011, 20:52
Freddy s main sponsor wants to win in belgium championship

alleskids
11th December 2011, 20:54
Freddy s main sponsor wants to win in belgium championship....... against WRCars. So Freddy will need a WRCar also to hold his main sponsor BFO.

mousti
11th December 2011, 21:50
That's why they're checking the Ford option out.. IRC will be the events that they love to drive, Barum will be one of them almost sure of that and Sanremo probably too.

Mirek
12th December 2011, 10:32
New evolution of 207!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381614_10151030568120424_423390605423_21810237_322 89199_n.jpg

Hartusvuori
12th December 2011, 10:34
^

iRally Reports

In what may be the first step towards formal participation in next year's IRC, Peugeot Sport says it will work through Christmas and the New Year on further development of the 207 S2000.

It had been feared that the huge problems at the PSA Group - losses of €800m and projected 6000 job cuts across Europe - could lead to cutbacks in the rally programme. But work goes ahead, with P...eugeot Sport continuing with development of the 207 even though the new 208 road car is due to be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

Bertrand Vallat, head of design and development of the 207 S2000: "We will expand the car by 20 mm, which will allow us to calibrate with the technical regulation force and to provide added performance to the existing base for asphalt but also on gravel. This performance gain will result in an increase in the handling of the car. The expected gain is essentially the stability on asphalt, especially in large curves. We also took the opportunity to make some adjustments on the body, to improve aspects of brake cooling and work on the optimization of the airflow around the wheel arches."

Peugeot expect to complete the 100th 207 S2000 shortly. There's no word on competition activity, nor whether Bryan Bouffier, Thierry Neuville or Guy Wilks will be driving for the marque next year.

Abarth
12th December 2011, 11:56
So until today the 207 has only been 1800 mm wide, and in 2012 1820 mm?

noel157
12th December 2011, 19:34
Hopefully PSA will work on the power unit too although I'm not sure there's much left to work on. Too little, too late?

liposh
12th December 2011, 20:00
I think Peugeot was 1820 mm in front and 1800mm in rear...and now both dimensions will be 1820 mm. Am I right?...and I personally think, that Peugeot engine was more powerful than Skoda engine (at least a little bit more powerful) , but the chassis were worse.

Mirek
12th December 2011, 22:22
Yes, the problem of Peugeot definitely wasn't in power. Main issue was reliability, suspension on rough surface plus traction on gravel.

RS
15th December 2011, 12:27
UK Autosport are reporting that Kevin Abbring will replace Jan Kopecky at Skoda for the 2012 IRC. If this is true I guess Kopecky would concentrate on ERC and Czech Championship.

They also report that Thierry Neuville will drive a Citroen in WRC next year but some IRC rounds too.

br21
15th December 2011, 16:17
UK Autosport are reporting that Kevin Abbring will replace Jan Kopecky at Skoda for the 2012 IRC. If this is true I guess Kopecky would concentrate on ERC and Czech Championship.

link please?

mousti
15th December 2011, 16:57
Abbring to Skoda, that must have been with VW influence then because besides that those 2 were never connected. Neet better source then that to believe it..

RS
15th December 2011, 18:28
Abbring to Skoda, that must have been with VW influence then because besides that those 2 were never connected. Neet better source then that to believe it..

I wonder whether Skoda to VW will become a little like Torro Rosso are to Red Bull in F1.

br21- I don't have a link because it was in the print version.

mousti
15th December 2011, 18:47
Seems they're doing a deal alike Mikkelsen already have IRC - WRC combined program (Source: a co pilot who talked with Lara..)

RS
15th December 2011, 18:58
I hope VW will run three Fabias in WRC so that Mikkelsen, Abbring and Juho all get a decent chance.

gtimad73
15th December 2011, 22:13
I hope VW will run three Fabias in WRC so that Mikkelsen, Abbring and Juho all get a decent chance.
they'd have to run 4 cars then you forgot about Sebastien Ogier

mousti
15th December 2011, 22:27
It's a factory team not really a problem I think..

gtimad73
15th December 2011, 22:29
yeah maybe 2 redbull and 2 wingsforlife cars

noel157
16th December 2011, 06:58
Yes, the problem of Peugeot definitely wasn't in power. Main issue was reliability, suspension on rough surface plus traction on gravel.

Any idea on power output Mirek between Peugeot and Skoda engines? I always thought, and drivers often commented, that Skoda had more BHP?

RS
16th December 2011, 09:22
Any idea on power output Mirek between Peugeot and Skoda engines? I always thought, and drivers often commented, that Skoda had more BHP?

I had the impression that the Skoda has more low down torque, but Peugeot (and Ford) more top end power.

Mirek
16th December 2011, 11:41

I don't think so and I can't remember any comment supporting that. In my opinion škoda has more torque in lower rpm but less power on top. I was talking about that with co-driver of Valoušek who was driving works Fabia in 2010 and Kronos 207 in 2011. Maybe I remember it wrong but I think he said this to me.

pucky54
16th December 2011, 11:53
I don't think so and I can't remember any comment supporting that. In my opinion škoda has more torque in lower rpm but less power on top. I was talking about that with co-driver of Valoušek who was driving works Fabia in 2010 and Kronos 207 in 2011. Maybe I remember it wrong but I think he said this to me.

It's correct.

PLuto
16th December 2011, 12:12
According to official info from Skoda Motorsport, line-up is as expected Juho+Jan + Andy as Skoda UK.

PLuto
16th December 2011, 12:18
Skoda in IRC with three cars (Juho, Jan, Andy), Jan in Czech championship, Juho in some ERC events - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13144

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/be436f9eb53061f14d14d3d1a66fd292.jpg

Mirek
16th December 2011, 12:25
Yes, no word about Abbring in official press-release...

Anyway great colors for me :)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b_be436f9eb53061f14d14d3d1a66fd292.jpg

Hartusvuori
16th December 2011, 12:27
Pyhä lehmä! That's like the best livery ever! I'd like to add: !!!!!

Mirek
16th December 2011, 12:29
By the way Jan will be co-driven by Pavel Dresler. Petr Starý is long-time out for health reason...

focus206
16th December 2011, 13:11

Anyway great colors for me :)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b_be436f9eb53061f14d14d3d1a66fd292.jpg

nice livery :up:

RS
16th December 2011, 13:22
Maybe Abbring will take the car of Loix if Freddy ends up with Ford this year (ie. full works car but not official works driver)

Quite surprised to see Juho being sent to ERC. I guess there will be more Polo testing and some WRC events in the VW Fabia too?

Mirek
16th December 2011, 13:29
Loix's car was paid by his personal sponsor BFO.

Tom206wrc
16th December 2011, 13:30

Then I have still hope for Abbring at Citroën(and Peugeot ??)in 2012 :)

RS
16th December 2011, 13:41
Loix's car was paid by his personal sponsor BFO.

Yes, but there is physical space in the team if Kevin's place could be paid by a personal sponsor or Skoda importer.

mousti
16th December 2011, 15:21
I think for such teams there's always physical space if it's has the potential and money input. There's for sure something they work on with Abbring but not completed yet officially it seems, Lara confirmed there are talks.. So we'll see

PLuto
16th December 2011, 16:19
Abrring is talking with many teams, but the biggest problem is usual - budget...

Allyc85
16th December 2011, 16:33
Im a little surprised they have kept Kopecky as he seems too inconsistent to me and can be nowhere sometimes.

He will probably prove me wrong now and kick ass in 2012 lol.

RS
16th December 2011, 16:50
Jan is a safe pair of hands to mop up points, podiums and the occasional win. Most importantly, he is also Czech.

Wim_Impreza
16th December 2011, 16:59
Im a little surprised they have kept Kopecky as he seems too inconsistent to me and can be nowhere sometimes.

He will probably prove me wrong now and kick ass in 2012 lol.

Every rally this year Jan finished in the top 5, except Ypres where he couldn't start due to the shakedown accident and the Monte-Carlo lottery. He was the most consistent driver in the IRC this year and he had as much IRC wins as the IRC champion this year.

pucky54
16th December 2011, 17:13
Every rally this year Jan finished in the top 5, except Ypres where he couldn't start due to the shakedown accident and the Monte-Carlo lottery. He was the most consistent driver in the IRC this year and he had as much IRC wins as the IRC champion this year.

Yeah, thats definately not inconsistent!

Hartusvuori
16th December 2011, 17:30
Most importantly, he is also Czech.

He also talks very dirty Finnish, but I guess that's teacher's fault...

noel157
16th December 2011, 18:35
Neuville should be back in the Belux car again along with his WRC schedule, no?

pucky54
16th December 2011, 18:46
Neuville should be back in the Belux car again along with his WRC schedule, no?

yes

mousti
16th December 2011, 18:48
That's not confirmed but I hope, definately in Ypres though.

pucky54
16th December 2011, 18:54
That's not confirmed but I hope, definately in Ypres though.

But will be confirmed in the coming days ;)

Barreis
16th December 2011, 20:27
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96783

pucky54
16th December 2011, 20:32
Skoda to field Juho Hanninen and Jan Kopecky in Intercontinental Rally Challenge again - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96783)

Already posted on last page about Skoda

Mirek
17th December 2011, 12:03

Jan has been so far the most important development driver as well. Public usually doesn't see this...

Tom206wrc
17th December 2011, 14:19
I really hope Bryan Bouffier will do full IRC in the 2012 spec. 207 S2000 :confused:

Hartusvuori
17th December 2011, 17:24
TGS Motorsport posted in Facebook that Gardemeister's Fabia S2000 is up for rent. Is there any news will Hankook team up with anyone for IRC 2012?

RS
17th December 2011, 19:03
TGS Motorsport posted in Facebook that Gardemeister's Fabia S2000 is up for rent. Is there any news will Hankook team up with anyone for IRC 2012?

In other words Toni won't have a programme himself next year?

bluuford
17th December 2011, 21:36
In other words Toni won't have a programme himself next year?

TGS advertisment has been up since mid-November already.

Sulland
17th December 2011, 22:19
So is Hankook giving up rally and IRC, or just replacing the driver?

Plan9
18th December 2011, 01:41
Interesting strategy by skoda. Clearly they think that Juho and Jan are not suitable for SWRC. Or are they banking on the prospect of more eastern european wrc events.

Mirek
18th December 2011, 10:26
No, it clearly shows that WRC events are VW playground.

darkstar
18th December 2011, 12:21
sepp wiegand is probably going to do all irc rounds with skoda germany: VW-Junior bei Skoda Deutschland*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2011/12/18/vw-junior-bei-skoda-deutschland/index.html)

translation: Google Übersetzer (http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallye-magazin.de%2Frallyes%2Fwm%2Fnachrichten%2Fnews-detail%2Fd%2F2011%2F12%2F18%2Fvw-junior-bei-skoda-deutschland%2Findex.html&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8)

Hartusvuori
18th December 2011, 13:41
Great chance to learn for Sepp and great that Skoda Deutschland shows commitment to the series.

noel157
18th December 2011, 19:34
Looks like Nouville will only do gravel events to supplement his WRC programme:

Thierry Neuville en WRC avec Citroën (http://www.caradisiac.com/Thierry-Neuville-en-WRC-avec-Citroen-74873.htm)

alleskids
18th December 2011, 19:57
I read somewere Neuvile only wil do Azores, Rumania, San Marino and Cyprus.

Mirek
18th December 2011, 19:58
I would be very surprised if he doesn't do Ypres.

mousti
18th December 2011, 20:45
Me too, because normally I think he'll still be backed by Peugeot Belux

PLuto
18th December 2011, 20:55
I think that info about gravel events is going from this article - IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://www.ircseries.com/html/readNews.asp?id=3342)

RICARDO75
19th December 2011, 15:31
No mores SWRC for Bernardo Sousa. Next year he will be on IRC or ERC.
Acording to portuguese autosport, Lotus Exige R-GT is a possibility

RS
19th December 2011, 20:20
Any official word on which (if any) IRC rounds Neuville will do in 2012?

mousti
19th December 2011, 20:39
Probably Ypres.

PLuto
19th December 2011, 21:14
It looks no Peugeot Belux in IRC next year, only maybe one start on Ypres - Autonews Magazine » IRC Rallye international » Peugeot Belgique-Luxembourg félicite Thierry Neuville (http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=19104)

RS
20th December 2011, 11:45
Bad news for IRC but I am pleased for Thierry.

I guess Peugeot will stay registered next year but it is looking increasingly likely there will be no official presence in 2012. Hoping for some strong privateers or maybe Bouffier still with Peugeot France?

Tom206wrc
20th December 2011, 13:31
Sad when there's a big step evolution for the 207 S2000 next year :(

mousti
21st December 2011, 18:41
Rally Mania: Bouffier mantém-se no IRC em 2012 (http://rally-mania.blogspot.com/2011/12/bouffier-mantem-se-no-irc-em-2012.html?spref=fb)

Don't know if it's reliable.

But here it states that Bouffier is going to do IRC and championship ambitions.. Don't no if they forgot that he likes to do it, or that he'll be doing it..

PLuto
21st December 2011, 21:36
I think it is only translated article which was on IRC pages few days ago...

RS
22nd December 2011, 11:29
Kronos Racing to scale back its IRC programme in 2012 and develop a new car instead - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96820)

Well, congratulations to Skoda on the 2012 IRC titles. At least it should be interesting seeing which Skoda driver ends up on top!

Looking like a very lean year for IRC, but hopefully before a resurgence in 2013 with the new R4T cars and ERC merger.

mousti
22nd December 2011, 13:33
I think there's already one Belgian guy in Pole Position to go for Kronos in 2013, he's already driving a whole season with a Citroen with nice results.

Mirek
22nd December 2011, 14:00
Kevin Demarschalk?

mousti
22nd December 2011, 14:18
Yep he seems one of the most ideal guys to take it over from Thierry, already was nice in his S2000 debut in Condroz and is from Brussels + talks Dutch and French fluently.

mousti
22nd December 2011, 14:42
Yep they're already working on something big for next year, hope that works out very well then..

mousti
22nd December 2011, 15:51
Interesting..

IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=3348)

Btw Hanninen had victories with Kronos ??? :s

RS
22nd December 2011, 15:55
Interesting..

IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=3348)

Btw Hanninen had victories with Kronos ??? :s

Russia the year before he joined Skoda.

mousti
22nd December 2011, 16:08
Bad memory :(

Mirek
22nd December 2011, 17:28
Seems that Matthieu Arzeno will do IRC and RMC in S2000.

mousti
22nd December 2011, 18:18
That would be awesome and he got a Belgian co next to him what always is good :D

RS
22nd December 2011, 19:39
Autosport.com now also changed their article about Kronos: Kronos Racing still planning full IRC assault in 2012, despite reduced backing from Peugeot Belux - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96820)

So it seems Peugeot Belgium will do more than one event (I can imagine Neuville also being on Corsica and Sanremo again) and they are in discussions with others. Any intelligence on who? Is Arzeno one of them?

Leon
23rd December 2011, 05:24
just a thought. maybe Meeke if indeed he is out of Mini WRT?

RS
23rd December 2011, 12:03
just a thought. maybe Meeke if indeed he is out of Mini WRT?

Skoda might be interested if it is not too late. They wanted him before and they didn't get Neuville...

PLuto
23rd December 2011, 18:31
First pics and movie of Lotus Exige R-GT - www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=94&p=57619#p57619)

danon
23rd December 2011, 23:06
Abbring to Run Monte-Carlo for Volkswagen | World Rally Sport (http://www.worldrallysport.com/node/8860)

PLuto
24th December 2011, 04:07
Danon, why you are giving this info into IRC thread? Monte Carlo will be in WRC...

danon
24th December 2011, 14:25
First pics and movie of Lotus Exige R-GT - www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=94&p=57619#p57619)

Pluto, why you are giving this info into IRC thread? What has this thread to do with IRC....

danon
24th December 2011, 14:46
I thought that GT cars will be allowed in IRC? So it has a lot to do with IRC.

Keep on thinking - http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/136445-gt-class.html

mousti
24th December 2011, 14:49
And it's still not sure what program they do, so it could involve IRC..

Mirek
25th December 2011, 11:27
Pluto, why you are giving this info into IRC thread? What has this thread to do with IRC....

Sorry, but You are acting quite childish. You were noticed You put info about Monte Carlo in purely wrong thread because Monte Carlo is not IRC anymore and than You react by this which is completely different situation because R-GT are allowed in mostly asphalt IRC so development of Lotus is clearly relevant for its topic. Especially considering the future merge with ERC.

danon
25th December 2011, 16:26
Sorry, but You are acting quite childish. You were noticed You put info about Monte Carlo in purely wrong thread because Monte Carlo is not IRC anymore and than You react by this which is completely different situation because R-GT are allowed in mostly asphalt IRC so development of Lotus is clearly relevant for its topic. Especially considering the future merge with ERC.

No need to explain that Abbring competed in IRC, winning the 2WD category in Ypres and Zlín and Fabia S2000 have something to do with the topic itself.
So, back to the point. GT-class is a different thread created in the forum's WRC category and it still has absolutely nothing to do with IRC.
An existing thread is already created and You Mr. Mirek know it very well, indeed - http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/136445-gt-class.html

mousti
25th December 2011, 20:26
Don't be stubborn dude, the Lotus will be probably driven in the IRC and some IRC followers doesn't even read in WRC topics etc. Abbring in Monte Carlo has nothing to do with the IRC in the future, he never drove a IRC program Zlin he drove because for the Clio and Ypres is just the biggest event of the Benelux.

Gardemeister lost a big sponsor probably Hankook, next week he'll look for a new main sponsor but if he doesn't find one next week he'll try to rent the Fabia out to other drivers and drive a small program probably.

danon
25th December 2011, 21:58
And it's still not sure what program they do...

Don't be stubborn dude, the Lotus will be probably driven in the IRC and some IRC followers doesn't even read in WRC topics etc...

It was my point and the reason to post the Abbring's news in the IRC thread.
You just confirmed it. Appreciated, dude!

pucky54
25th December 2011, 22:23
Seriously?!?!?!

Hartusvuori
26th December 2011, 08:05
^Of course seriously. This is an approved discussion for this thread :-)

alleskids
26th December 2011, 09:04
Wil Hancock only drop Gardemeister and continue in IRC, or do they stop in IRC completly?

mousti
26th December 2011, 15:07
I hope not but we'll see.. We have to wait patiently, it was last year the same thing when Mikkelsen went to Skoda UK that it was unclear and suddenly the news came on that Garde will drive with the support of Hankook

PLuto
26th December 2011, 21:10
I hope not but we'll see.. We have to wait patiently, it was last year the same thing when Mikkelsen went to Skoda UK that it was unclear and suddenly the news came on that Garde will drive with the support of Hankook

Last year it wasnt unclear, it wasnt only published. Situation this year will be very similar...

danon
26th December 2011, 22:50
Wil Hancock only drop Gardemeister and continue in IRC, or do they stop in IRC completly?

Quote: “Unfortunately our main sponsors informed me last week that they will not continue in season 2012,” said Gardemeister. :arrow: Gardemeister Seeks New Funding | World Rally Sport (http://www.worldrallysport.com/node/8866)

alleskids
27th December 2011, 12:39
and does that answer the question if Hancook wil stil be present in IRC? No. It only reports that they wil not continue with Gardemeister. Will Hanocck sponsor/support a new driver in IRC or do they stop with their IRC program?

RS
27th December 2011, 15:59
Well I hope both that Gardemeister finds new funding and that Hankook support someone else.

Wilks in a Hankook Fiesta would be quite nice...

HaCo
27th December 2011, 21:09
Subaru returns to rallying: IRC
Subaru promises BRZ, Impreza STI concepts plus rally return at Tokyo Auto Salon (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/27/subaru-promises-brz-impreza-sti-concepts-plus-rally-return-at-t/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Auto blog%29&utm_content=FaceBook)

Will be announced during Tokyo Auto Salon 2012

Prisoner Monkeys
28th December 2011, 06:09
I wonder ... the Subaru BRZ and the Toyota GT86 are based on the same platform; they're pretty much the same car. If the BRZ is elegible for IRC, then the GT86 will probably be as well. But it doesn't make sense to have them compete against one another - so I wonder if Subaru will enter the IRC and Toyota the WRC under Super 2000 regulations ...

Interesting strategy by skoda. Clearly they think that Juho and Jan are not suitable for SWRC. Or are they banking on the prospect of more eastern european wrc events.
I don't think the WRC will try pushing into Eastern Europe again. Not for a while - they tried it with the Rally of Poland and the Rally of Bulgaria in 2009 and 2010, but both events were quietly dropped after one year.

RS
28th December 2011, 10:04
Subaru returns to rallying: IRC
Subaru promises BRZ, Impreza STI concepts plus rally return at Tokyo Auto Salon (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/27/subaru-promises-brz-impreza-sti-concepts-plus-rally-return-at-t/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Auto blog%29&utm_content=FaceBook)

Will be announced during Tokyo Auto Salon 2012

I wonder whether this will just be an extension of the programme of Arai and Nutahara or something more serious?

bopApocalypse
28th December 2011, 17:01
I wonder ... the Subaru BRZ and the Toyota GT86 are based on the same platform; they're pretty much the same car. If the BRZ is elegible for IRC, then the GT86 will probably be as well. But it doesn't make sense to have them compete against one another - so I wonder if Subaru will enter the IRC and Toyota the WRC under Super 2000 regulations ...

Press release says it's the R4 WRX STI for IRC - not the Toyobaru.

Aside from the issue of no-one (AFAIK) making a S2000-rally-spec transmission for a longitudinal engine, the engine in the BRZ/GT86 is too far back (1st cyl lines up w/ front hubs iirc) to be easily made AWD.

Prisoner Monkeys
29th December 2011, 00:30
Well, it does read like it has been run through a translation program like Babelfish ...

106 sport
29th December 2011, 12:21
Rally Islas Canarias (Gran Canaria) has been confirmed in the IRC 1 hour ago :D :D :D

Rallye Islas Canarias, confirmado en el IRC 2012 - Motor 2000 | La Revista de Canarias (http://www.motor2000.net/noticia.php?N=3234)

Rallye Islas Canarias, confirmado en el IRC 2012
En reunión celebrada la mañana de hoy en el Cabildo Insular de Gran Canaria ha quedado ratificada la continuidad del Rallye Islas Canarias “Trofeo El Corte Inglés” en el International Rally Challenge (IRC) para esta temporada, al mismo tiempo que se establecerá un protocolo para garantizar su continuidad hasta la temporada 2015.
0 Comentarios (http://www.motor2000.net/noticia.php?N=3234#PosComentarios)Enviar (http://www.motor2000.net/recomendartic.php?N=3234)Imprimir (http://www.motor2000.net/imprimir.php?N=3234)29-12-2011 | Juan J. Alonso
AMPLIARhttp://www.motor2000.net/contenidos/noticias/3234/I.%20Canarias.jpg

Todo ello fue comunicado al término de la citada reunión en la que intervinieron José Miguel Bravo de Laguna, presidente del Cabildo de Gran Canaria: Carlos Gracia, presidente de la Real Federación Española de Automovilismo; Carlos Gaztañaga, presidente de la Federación Canaria de Automovilismo y Luis Monzón, promotor del rallye.

El Cabildo de Gran Canaria aporta 160.000 euros a través de la Consejería de Deportes y 30.000 euros por parte del Patronato de Turismo. El Gobierno de Canarias transfiere al rallye 120.000 euros procedentes del presupuesto asignado al Mundo Basket 2014.

Una noticia positiva para el colectivo canario del automovilismo que estrenará la temporada de rallies con la prueba más importante del calendario, que será también la primera del Campeonato de España y la segunda del IRC.

El rallye comenzará el 15 de marzo con los previos habituales de shakedown, no obligatorio para los equipos del Campeonato Regional y Campeonato de España, pero si para los participantes en el IRC, concluyendo con la ceremonia de salida a las 20.30h en el habitual escenario del Parque de Santa Catalina.

Madrugón el viernes 16 de marzo, saliendo a las 07.00 desde la Zona de Asistencia en la Plaza de Canarias para abordar un un primer bucle de tres tramos a doble pasada con la siguiente configuración:

GUIA: 8,30 km
Es novedad en el rallye, se trata del tramo conocido como “Montaña Alta”, pero iniciándose entre San Juan y La Dehesa, siguiendo por el cruce de El Palmital para concluir en las primeras casas de Montaña Alta. Todo el recorrido es en subida, calzada ancha, buen asfalto y trazado muy rápido.
Horario: 07.53 y 12.16

ARTENARA: 24,67 km
Será la especial más larga y selectiva del rallye por su variedad de trazados, comenzando nada más atravesar Montaña Alta para continuar por Fagajesto hasta Monte Pavón, Monte Gusano, la subida hasta Pinos de Gáldar y meta antes de llegar al Mirador de Artenara. Muchos cambios de ritmo, varios cruces y buen asfalto, en algunas zonas abrasivo y con bastante grip.
Horario: 08.12 y 12.35

TEJEDA: 14,31 km
Estamos ante uno de los recorridos más habituales de este rallye. Altamente selectivo hasta Ayacata y después una subida neta. Comienza en el Barranco de Tejeda para continuar hasta Ayacata, donde se gira a la izquierda para acometer la gran subida de Roque Nublo, con la meta situada en las inmediaciones en el aparcamiento del sendero al Roque Nublo. Será uno de los preferidos por el público, dada su proximidad con el denominado “Ingenio” de la segunda sección.
Horario: 09.03 y 13.26

La tercera sección de la primera etapa está conformada por un bucle de tres tramos a una sola pasada, con llegada a las 22.21h para concluir con un parque de trabajo de 45 minutos. Los tramos son los siguientes:

INGENIO: 21,29 km
Comienza en el pueblo de Cueva Grande con la subida hasta el siempre multitudinario cruce de los Llanos de La Pez, donde cambia el asfalto, pasando a un firme roto y muy deteriorado hasta el siguiente cruce (Siete Fuentes), donde se entra en la gran bajada de Los Marteles y Cazadores, punto este donde se gira a la derecha en un ángulo siempre muy complicado para seguir bajando vertiginosamente hacia La Pasadilla, en cuyas inmediaciones estará la meta.
Horario: 17.29

AGÜIMES: 22,05 km
Otro gran tramo, por sus características y kilometraje será decisivo para posicionarse el final de la primera etapa. Comienza pasado el pueblo de Temisas con un trazado muy rápido y circuitero hasta el cruce situado en el casco de Santa Lucía de Tirajana, donde se gira a la izquierda para entrar en la zona de Las Vallas, de gran rapidez hasta el Mirador de Guriete, después sumamente virado prosiguiendo por el gran descenso que se frena en el popular cruce de la Era del Cardón, que se negocia a la derecha para seguir bajando hasta las inmediaciones del cementerio de Sardina del Sur. Trazado de diferentes anchuras y con distintos tipos de un asfalto siempre excelente.
Horario: 18.27

GRAN CANARIA: 1,50 km
Solamente indicar que es el tramo espectáculo del Gran Karting Club, sin ningún interés para los verdaderos aficionados.
Horario: 19.21

En la segunda etapa del sábado 17 de marzo el rallye se abre a la zona sur para seguir por el centro-norte con un variado bucle de tres tramos a doble pasada. Se saldrá a las 09.15h desde la Zona de Asistencia para alcanzar la meta final a partir de las 17.53h.

MASPALOMAS: 13.28 km
Para los aficionados este es el tramo de “Arteara”, que arranca por encima de San Fernando de Maspalomas, pasando por el Mirador y poblado de Arteara, para continuar hasta la localidad de Fataga. Es el tramo más rápido del rallye, con altísimas velocidades sobre un asfalto impecable y de anchura normal, excepto el tramo de bajada desde el Mirador hasta las llaneadas de Arteara.
Horario: 10.28 y 15.07

SAN BARTOLOMÉ DE TIRAJANA: 21,26 km
Tramo decisivo de la segunda etapa por su longitud y trazado. Empieza a unos 800 metros de San Bartolomé, proximidades del cruce de Perera, continuando por Cruz Grande, La Plata, Ayacata y el gran descenso hasta el pueblo de Tejeda. Se caracteriza por su buena anchura y asfalto en perfecto estado.
Horario: 11.01 y 15.40

VALLESECO: 16.12 km.
Bajo esta denominación se esconde la especial que empieza en la Cruz de Tejeda, llanea por el conocido tramo de Las Emisoras que concluye en el siempre poblemático cruce en cerrado ángulo del Mirador de los Pinos de Gáldar para continuar por un virado tobogán hasta el cruce de Cueva Corcho y la bajada final hasta encontrar la meta en la zona de Los Lavaderos, en el barrio de Lanzarote.
Horario: 11.44 y 16.23 h

RESUMEN
Itinerario: 760, 39 km
Velocidad: 240,92 km (31,7%)
Total Tramos: 15
Tramos distintos: 9

La información es aproximada y a título orientativo, dada la escueta denominación de los tramos y la mínima definición del mapa facilitado por la organización. El itinerario y mapa definitivo se publicarán oficialmente el día 13 de enero.

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2012, 16:17
Two IRC rounds for Luca Betti and Racing Lions(Peugeot Italia) ;)
End of collaboration between Ucci and Peugeot ??? :(

mousti
3rd January 2012, 18:43
Barum and Ypres what are ERC rounds, sounds to me it'll be a normal program for Betti like last years, going for ERC title?

PLuto
3rd January 2012, 21:53
Yes, it will be normal programme for Betti, his priority is ERC. He will try to do lot of events, but still not sure how many and with which Peugeot. The article on IRC pages is little bit confusing...

mousti
3rd January 2012, 22:06
It's always nice to see him, friendly guy, not the fastest but is still not slow, and doesn't crash often also.

noel157
5th January 2012, 13:49
New coat of paint and details of Mikkelsen's programme this season:

Å*koda Media - UK (http://skodamedia.com/index.php/latest-news/fresh-new-look-for-andreas-fabia-s2000-in-2012)

http://skodamedia.com/uploads/thumbnails/medium_5680753d17e9514955eba9fd490b8dfc97711635.jp g

mousti
5th January 2012, 16:57
Next weekend he already start in his own country in the Mountain Rally.

RS
6th January 2012, 12:09
Don't know if Guy Wilks has something brewing but he has this on his Facebook page: "Thank you all for the support through 2011, it wasn't the best of rides but I know 2012 will give us all something to cheer about! Happy new year!!!!!"

mousti
6th January 2012, 18:54
Breen, Barrable and Fisher trying to do some IRC events for sure Ypres they al want to do. Breen is I think sure for some IRC events.

noel157
6th January 2012, 21:23
Don't know if Guy Wilks has something brewing but he has this on his Facebook page: "Thank you all for the support through 2011, it wasn't the best of rides but I know 2012 will give us all something to cheer about! Happy new year!!!!!"

Think he's back with JAS, presume testing the new model Civic.

Mirek
7th January 2012, 07:46
Didn't know JAS plans new generation of Civic. Is it going to be R3 again?